Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

BC Southern Interior 2020-21

Trail was broken, lunch was had in the sun, turns were made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0424.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	343599

I bottled the drive 3 km from the McCrae trailhead when I didn't make the next hairpin at the first go (I was solo). Chains or some helpers could have got me a couple of km further and someone drove to the trailhead yesterday. 1530m HS 20 cm (30km), 1780m HS 35 cm (trailhead), 2000m HS 65 cm.

N.B. they are hauling from the bottom of the McCrae road so have and use a radio.

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Well done.

Having chains means you can get further in the back country before getting stuck.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Nice work. Love mcrae. Very beautiful area. Hopefully the snow can ride out the next couple of weeks!

Nice

Nice info by the way

I have seen the top of the ripper chair cam look far worse on opening day before! Go October!

https://www.revelstokemountainresort...itions/webcams
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Almost 10cm of snow at valley bottom at 5am in the N.Thompson. Now 5cm of heavy slush on the ground, lost my sumac in the front yard as it still had its leaves yet. Just looking at the workload remaining this fall cause unless the overnight temps go at or above 10C in the valley bottom for a few days, it's now sled access only above 1500m here. More snow for the valley bottom in the forecast, and no warm weather in the extended forecast. The season is here!

Not going to make it out your way this year, but this thread makes me happy. Have fun you fuckers

diggin this much needed stoke.
    27° 18°

I've not skied Balu Pass in October before. Perhaps Ullr is making amends for the early end to last season. Good skiing on the ridge and the headwall.

Name:	IMG_0447a.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	343859

Name:	IMG_0451a.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	343860

Below the headwall there is a buried, breakable, crust, but the ski out isn't bad apart from a couple of minor difficulties

Name:	IMG_0455a.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	336.7 KB 
ID:	343862

Awesome start nickinbc! Nice stoke! For the record there have been seasons where we were hammering griz shoulder and puff daddy top to bottom by mid oct...

Nice work!!! Almost snowing in valley bottom in okanagan this morning. Pretty early.

Another 6cm on the porch at valley bottom this morning. The last dump hadn't completely melted either. It's making it difficult to get the yard prepped for winter. Garlic isn't even in yet. Guess I'll just have to give up and play in the snow.

Nice... looking good up there. Was surprised to find some decent snow on the misery sticks yesterday at big white. Really wishing I had the real skis as there was a good solid base. Looks like there was another 15 cm last thing on top of that. Should be fun.

Name:	IMG_4291.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	343932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4261.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	343933

Awesome thread! Glad to see you Beaver lovers are getting after it so early!

Ski stoke is definitely building! Good work lads!

Where is the first pic?

Dumped all day at rogers pass. Probably 30cm fell at the centre. A bit gusty too

We’ve got a saying south of the border. It goes “fuck you, gnorm”. That gnome really knows how to rub it in when it’s snowing up north...

Nice work folks! Wish I could join you this season, but looks like covid and the orange faced president have different plans for my winter.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    We’ve got a saying south of the border. It goes “fuck you, gnorm”. That gnome really knows how to rub it in when it’s snowing up north...

Nice work folks! Wish I could join you this season, but looks like covid and the orange faced president have different plans for my winter.
    Situations fluid tft. Bought a pass but its possible we get shut down then it flips again and spring missions happen. Who knows these days. I probably should have bought a sled

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Even the B/C isn't immune to administrative closures... Shutting down avy forecasting forced most folks to end their season early.

Although, I suspect I (and others) will be significantly less compliant if they try that move again.
    I find CAA reports useful when I’m preparing to travel outside my usual range, but of limited value on a daily basis. I’d hardly notice if they went away (no impact on my skiing last Spring), numbers in the backcountry would likely decline, and we’d otherwise go back to being self reliant. IMO the gear industry should step up and contribute in an advertising based model as they would seem to have the most to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I find CAA reports useful when I’m preparing to travel outside my usual range, but of limited value on a daily basis. I’d hardly notice if they went away (no impact on my skiing last Spring), numbers in the backcountry would likely decline, and we’d otherwise go back to being self reliant. IMO the gear industry should step up and contribute in an advertising based model as they would seem to have the most to lose.
    My understanding was they stopped putting out reports due to lack of data, not lack of funds. All of the backcountry lodges and guiding services that normally submit daily reports shut down, and Avalanche Canada felt it was safer not to put out reports at all rather than put out potentially compromised reports based on the limited information they still had access to.

10cm in valley bottom. Earliest snow I can remember in my 40 yrs here.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Was working at 1250m yesterday, and post holing in knee deep snow. Now this storm on top.
    How can I escape the honey-do list this Sunday, and take out the meadow skipping sticks....? Might be making a stop at the florist and chocolatier this evening!

25cm of fresh on dirt. Looks like I’m going mellow road skiing today.