Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Seems the crowding is going on most everywhere. Lots of new folk in the bc here too, both sledders and skiers/boarders. Locals lamenting their tracked out honeyholes that they've had to themselves since the turn of the millennium. There were more users in the bc here 20yrs ago,, but they were mostly locals living and working here; far more transitory workers and tourists are visiting now.

Some of the newbies have become members of the local clubs, contributed time for club maintenance and learned the local handshake agreements, but of course there's always the contingent of entitled dimwhits who DGAF. Some douche even highmarked one of the local cabin's A-frame roof this past week - hope not too much damage shows in the spring.

Hope it settles out after COVID times diminish, but it might take a few years. Until then, it's a bit back to the old wild west.
    Yes, more users of all types, motorized and not, commercial and public, with ever increasing capabilities and expectations, competing for the same limited resource. What could possibly go wrong? Some of us are advocating for land use planning, but nobody in government seems interested. Wild West indeed.

I'm new at being local. I give everyone a friendly wave. Am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Imbreds snowmobile over the outhouse every weekend at my local stash...I think it’s on there “weekend” to do checklist. We are Always hoping for the day thE day they f up and end up in the shitter crevasse...

Mooning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210329_230116.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	558.3 KB 
ID:	369857

Name:	20210329_232246.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	761.9 KB 
ID:	369859

Fun full moon tour... one night removed...

Photos are a little over-exposed, but my hand were frozen. Sking was great. Creamy pow straight to fresh groomers. Sentences short and choppy.
    I like huge dumps.

Wow...nice photos
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Ya nice looking mission gg

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

question for all you kootenay types.....not sure if this is anywhere else on the TGR forums (and admittedly, i haven't looked very hard), but anyone here done the nakusp range traverse? a buddy of mine wants to do it later this month and has asked me to join. neither of us have ever skied or winter-adventured anywhere near nakusp. i've done the bonnington traverse a couple years ago, but this one would be much more roughin' it, as we wouldn't have the luxury of huts. just soggy tents and trenchfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro83 View Post
    question for all you kootenay types.....not sure if this is anywhere else on the TGR forums (and admittedly, i haven't looked very hard), but anyone here done the nakusp range traverse? a buddy of mine wants to do it later this month and has asked me to join. neither of us have ever skied or winter-adventured anywhere near nakusp. i've done the bonnington traverse a couple years ago, but this one would be much more roughin' it, as we wouldn't have the luxury of huts. just soggy tents and trenchfoot.
    Seems an obscure choice, given the the more significant and spectacular options (Goat, Valhalla, Kokanee) in the area, but slogging through the mountains with a buddy sounds like good times regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Seems an obscure choice, given the the more significant and spectacular options (Goat, Valhalla, Kokanee) in the area, but slogging through the mountains with a buddy sounds like good times regardless.
    Yea I think my buddy's decision on this traverse is related to my work schedule; I've only got 3 or 4 days to work with for a trip. He's not working at the moment, so he's fine to do any length of time. The bigger/longer, more iconic traverses would be awesome!...just not in the cards for this go around, unfortunately.

So good out there this weekend! I snagged the deepest turns I’ve had all season while everyone else seems more interested in mountain biking right now

https://youtu.be/j0XcRmn2760
    Spring powder turns with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post

Photos are a little over-exposed, but my hand were frozen. Sking was great. Creamy pow straight to fresh groomers. Sentences short and choppy.
    If you didn't have any liquid lsd did it count? Heard that was a golden requirement for night missions.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post

If you didn't have any liquid lsd did it count? Heard that was a golden requirement for night missions.
    Last edited by el hefe; 04-12-2021 at 11:53 AM. Reason: dbl post

Had one of the best days of the year yesterday as well. Amazing snow and sun.

[QUOTE=el hefe;6290913]If you didn't have any liquid lsd did it count? Heard that was a golden requirement for night missions.[/QUOTE

It was an enlightening experience.
    I like huge dumps.

^^^ nicely done

Fat lady sang today. Still amazing out there up high.

Name:	IMG_03391.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	373362

Name:	20210502_113953.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	373363

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Fat lady sang today. Still amazing out there up high.

Name:	IMG_03391.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	373362
    Niiice!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Looks awesome!! Well played, especially for May.
    Still one or two tours I’d like to do this spring, which I think about every time I see my skis sitting in the corner...

Fun times in the alpine this weekend. Good skiing and excellent beer drinking conditions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Couldn't find this year's thread cause I'm an idiot.
    Anyway skiing Revy for a couple days then sunpeaks for the weekend if anyone wants to spin a lap or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Couldn't find this year's thread cause I'm an idiot.
    Anyway skiing Revy for a couple days then sunpeaks for the weekend if anyone wants to spin a lap or 2.
    I'd take you up on the Sun Peaks offer, Gary, except I had a season ending crash last week: I was just skiing along and the next thing I know, I am lying on the snowpack and a guy is taking my ski off. I was unconscious (for about 30 sec according to the accident report), had a concussion, and 2 cracked ribs discovered during an MRI, spent a night in hospital.

I am on the mend and pain wise I could actually ski, however risk of re-injury says NO.

It's snowing right now in these parts.

Edit: This is last season's BC Southern Interior Thread, so no wonder it was so hard to find.
    Last edited by DanoT; 03-17-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I'd take you up on the Sun Peaks offer, Gary, except I had a season ending crash last week: I was just skiing along and the next thing I know, I am lying on the snowpack and a guy is taking my ski off. I was unconscious (for about 30 sec according to the accident report), had a concussion, and 2 cracked ribs discovered during an MRI, spent a night in hospital.

I am on the mend and pain wise I could actually ski, however risk of re-injury says NO.

It's snowing right now in these parts.

Edit: This is last season's BC Southern Interior Thread, so no wonder it was so hard to find.
    Dude…. Scary stuff. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums