Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Busy today at RMR. I think it took about an hour and a half to clear the gondola line this morning. That isn't unusual for a powder day but I'm guessing perhaps half the usual number due to reduced capacity (4 for mixed groups). Somehow doubt everyone was local

Had some fun on the Ripper staying away from the crowd - lots of trees down in the glades and everything tree bombed. Snow heavy and sticky. The impressive amount of debris in North Bowl after avalanche control didn't inspire me to go for a lap there. Hardly a surprise that it didn't open above three bears.

Contrast in the photo tweeked to highlight the debris
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0580b.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	400.9 KB 
ID:	354030

^I was a bit jealous seeing the 28cm new at RMR...but also less keen on braving the usual powder day frenzy this year. Not that I’m roaming around much this season anyway...

I gotta say Silver Star seems to have things pretty dialed in from what I’m seeing. Reservation system isn’t perfect but working fairly well all things considered.

Yeah silver star has been pretty good so far. The lines are taking a bit longer but other then that its been great. Had an amazing day there saturday in the sun and this storm looks like it might get close to 40cm (anti jinx).

Heard it was just soso with strange snow out near mustang on saturday. Glad I stayed home.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Wasn't quite the usual powder day frenzy at RMR, although I did hear that some started lining up before the maze was supposed to be open at 7:30. The gondola loading seems to work quite well, with separate lines for people who are willing to mix with up to a total of 4 per cabin and people who want a cabin for their group of up to 8. Haven't noticed anyone insisting on a cabin all to themselves but I think it would be possible. Wasn't at the Stoke when it was busy, but no problem getting an empty seat next to you on the Ripper chair in the morning even when the line started to build up.

I think the much bigger worry is social activity after skiing.

What an awesome couple of weeks of deep powder skiing that was. If you haven’t checked it, this is an excellent and very detailed summary of regional conditions https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJsJlAx...d=lghnzop220km

Haven't been on this forum since nov... amazing to see how dead the thread has become.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

I thought you deleted your account? I blame Instagram and charcuterie boards.

Do the interior Costcos sell revelstoke tickets this year?

Ja-pow out there on a few occasions gents last couple weeks. In between just regular deep interior pow! The force is strong! Much happy!

Deepest snow I have skied and sledded in a long time on Saturday. So fun.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Do the interior Costcos sell revelstoke tickets this year?
    I thought only coffee shops and yoga studios sold RMR tickets?
    I like huge dumps.

best day of the year....

Name:	20210227_123748(0).jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	365453

Name:	20210227_104338.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	508.4 KB 
ID:	365457

Name:	20210227_123756.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	365463

Name:	Screenshot_20210227-182144_Video Player.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	868.3 KB 
ID:	365466

Good stuff Hefe. Im surprised. Everything on the hill was pretty wind pressed

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Some of the N facing lines had wind effect and the very top of the ridges but everything else was incredible.

BC Gov stimulus

100 million in CERIP mhttps://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/economic-recovery/ceriponey

I think Nelson/Whitewater may have got the biggest chunk at 1 million for bike/ hike/ climbing

,http://thenelsondaily.com/news/rdck-...nomic-recovery

Up here Smithers/ HBM got a good chunk i believe it was 500,000 $ by far the most of any local projects applying for grants

so while there was some good grant wring for sure it would appear mtn biking is on the govy radar for economic stimulus
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Name:	IMG_0382.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	777.2 KB 
ID:	365591
    Last bit of north facing pow before freezing levels go through the roof.

How's Ymir lodge? It's got good prices but for some reason lots of availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    How's Ymir lodge? It's got good prices but for some reason lots of availability.
    Years ago I guided at what was the adjacent catskiing operation, sometimes out of the yurts that preceded it, and then at the lodge. The terrain is vast, varied, and very skiable (more than many others) but not quite the same scale as the glaciated mountains further north. It gets lots of great snow, similar to Whitewater which is a days tour away, but Spring comes a little earlier and it’s more susceptible to warming events than the higher mountains further north. The lodge is spacious, and comfortable, but a little more “rustic” than some of the pricier operations, and they don’t do much promotion. It’s a short flight in, and that reflects in the price. It’s a great deal, especially for a mid winter trip.

Ah so late March has a high chance to be a bust. I'm concerned with catching a big warming and everything avalanching for a few days.

I'm totally fine with rustic... can't be more rustic than the acc huts.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

How would Ymir snow compare to Rogers pass mid March/April?

It's white

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    How would Ymir snow compare to Rogers pass mid March/April?

Prime time at the pass. Forecast is looking warm over the next 2 weeks with limited precip. Id think ymir will be duck soup

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

What's the story with the gorge this year?? Hearing it's getting hammered by sleds in the usual ski zones although I've not really seen it on the days I've been out. First season I'm aware of that being a thing.
    Bit of drama up in the hills

I guess it’s because technically the Gorge is in the locals snowmobile club managed area, and there are way more people out sledding this year who aren’t locals, so they just go wherever the snow isn’t tracked out yet. And obviously there is an easily accessible road to get you there, maybe it will go back to more normal next year.

Seems the crowding is going on most everywhere. Lots of new folk in the bc here too, both sledders and skiers/boarders. Locals lamenting their tracked out honeyholes that they've had to themselves since the turn of the millennium. There were more users in the bc here 20yrs ago,, but they were mostly locals living and working here; far more transitory workers and tourists are visiting now.

Some of the newbies have become members of the local clubs, contributed time for club maintenance and learned the local handshake agreements, but of course there's always the contingent of entitled dimwhits who DGAF. Some douche even highmarked one of the local cabin's A-frame roof this past week - hope not too much damage shows in the spring.

Hope it settles out after COVID times diminish, but it might take a few years. Until then, it's a bit back to the old wild west.