Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Yup, 0 sharks hit on 3 laps is a win for me, the trees lower down took their weekly offering of early season P-tex though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LSeed View Post
    Found Good Turns around Golden on Sunday. Logging road access helped but the rain crust was perfect for low snowpack travel through the bush. Bit of a fight in and out but excellent up high. Winds were cranking though so pick your aspect and watch for windslabs.<br>
    <br>
    jealous you can get out with conditions like that this early! Im officially stoked for the season now!

25cm overnight in Rossland, and dumping hard. Heading out for some baseless powder skiing.

I'd bet this is old hat for a lot of people. However here's some weather info resources

https://sawback.com/telemetry/ - weather telemetry from Tom Wolfe

http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/r...and-a-new-map/ - weather and info for Rogers Pass area and some central Interior. Pic links are dead. I'll update for 2020

Fat chick in a little Civic...dun dun dun

Oh to be young again. My 87 Jetta never had a problem but if I saw sled tracks I would have turned around and gone to the burner.

Anybody have info on or know where I can pick up a rogers pass guidebook?

Deep in Purcell’s. 1m of blower on top of crust. Spicy at tree line. Popped off multiple slabs at similar elevation in well anchored and densely treed slopes. Touchiest I’ve seen it in a long time! Be careful out there!

"In response to the province urging people to avoid non-essential travel, Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Tourism Revelstoke have paused advertising aimed at enticing visitors.

“We are following the advice of Dr. Bonnie Henry and advising guests to stay local,” said Kevin Manuel, Revelstoke Mountain Resort spokesperson.

The resort is expected to open Nov. 27.

Tourism Revelstoke said going forward all their messages will ask people to stay close to home until the provincial health authority says otherwise."

https://www.revelstokereview.com/new...to-stay-local/

Got a nasty feeling I'm not going to get much use out of my season pass

Shit!! I knew i should've bought a sled

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^ kind of looking forward to another lock down and office shut down. Had some amazing skiing last march and april. Been super busy at work the past 6 months and need a break.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

"If you are thinking of skiing go to a local mountain" - Dr B Henry at this afternoon's announcement

The official position:-

Travel for mountain sports

Ski and snowboard at your local mountains. For example, if you live in Vancouver, you should ski at Cypress, Grouse or Mt. Seymour.

Coming from outside of B.C.

At this time, people travelling to B.C. from another province or territory within Canada should only come for essential reasons. If you do travel, you are expected to follow the same travel guidelines as everyone else in B.C.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...t/restrictions

Thanks Nick. If everyone follows the rulz it could be amazing/wishful thinking

Please refer to my post in another similar thread....lol

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Please refer to my post in another similar thread....lol
    Your banned!!

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Your banned!!

I was fooled back in March. Won’t be fooled again. If ur sick stay home...that’s all that really needs to be said. Alberta tested heavily for 6 months asymptomatic cases and produced zero....

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I was fooled back in March. Won’t be fooled again. If ur sick stay home...that’s all that really needs to be said. Alberta tested heavily for 6 months asymptomatic cases and produced zero....
    Work is my exposure. After having visitors every weekend last winter, im now just riding solo mostly. Ive only been a vehicle with other people 3x , apart from work. Mask up. Haven't left town. Only go to town for groceries and the odd bike part. Solo gondola all summer.. my rulz. Ill let the experts decide any additional measures. Its a pain but small term pita for long term gain. Id hate to catch it and infect a compromised friend

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post

Gorge was shit show on Saturday, possibly set a single day attendance record. Word from the loggers is they just finished up the cut they were working. So I suspect things will normalize once the road closes.

hope everyone is getting some.
    Yep, and I guess we’re both part of the problem eh
    Still, sunny skies and good snow made it worthwhile. Tried to be creative in our routes to shake off the crowd. I wasn’t sure if solo drivers made the parking lot look even busier but no doubt it was a lively scene.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    If this thread becomes primarily COVID related, I am fucking out. TGR has gone to shit, between this and the US election. there about a million other avenues for people to get COVID related information and discuss such info, yet there is only place I come to talk about local conditions... just saying.

Sledder triggered burial, companion rescue, at boulder last week. D-bag made a youtube video about, but couldn't be bothered to post a MIN? Ok. I watched the video on 2x speed, but I am prety sure he said something to the effect that it was the first burial of the season.. maybe i miss heard, but It sounded like he was framing it as there will be more, we get burred all time. bunch of kooks.

In other news, Lumby/Mable lake sled club is boasting over 170cm. with the massive ice crust (likely birthing a persistent slab), travel is pretty good, many hazards are well covered.

Gorge was shit show on Saturday, possibly set a single day attendance record. Word from the loggers is they just finished up the cut they were working. So I suspect things will normalize once the road closes.

hope everyone is getting some.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=6132880

Oh right, now youre with the thread police. Copy/check/10-4

Sounds like that train crust is persistent all the way north to caribou. Sounds like quite a few accounts of slides on that similar aspect. Eastiah aspect. That shoulder on airport loads huge as the main way in and out is just to the left in the video

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

⚠️ Attention Rogers Pass backcountry users ⚠️
    During the first avalanche control closure of the season, less than a week into the Winter Permit System, tracks were found entering a closed Winter Restricted Area from the unrestricted Connaught Creek area. Entering an area of the park that is closed for avalanche control, using live artillery, not only puts yourself and others at risk, it also puts the entire Winter Permit System at risk.
    Winter Unrestricted Areas like Connaught Creek are kept open because this terrain is not affected by the highway avalanche control program. If these areas continue to be used to enter terrain, like Grizzly Shoulder, in closed Winter Restricted Areas, Parks Canada will consider closing Winter Unrestricted Areas during avalanche control.
    https://www.facebook.com/ParksMountainSafety/

Not sure if this is ok with our new moderator but 15-20 in the last 24hrs at rp summit . Light wind and snow atm/cough cough rona hack

Some fun sunny turns in the Pass yesterday. Chucked a few roped cuts in at the top, nothing moved and snow was perfectly set up. Skied like a dream, small bit of sun effect that was only heard not felt and then just perfect pow to valley bottom. One old slide on N aspect and a min just across the valley from an observed slide on Swanzy that stepped down. Definitely some good skiing to be had out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LSeed View Post

Some fun sunny turns in the Pass yesterday. Chucked a few roped cuts in at the top, nothing moved and snow was perfectly set up. Skied like a dream, small bit of sun effect that was only heard not felt and then just perfect pow to valley bottom. One old slide on N aspect and a min just across the valley from an observed slide on Swanzy that stepped down. Definitely some good skiing to be had out there.
    Hard to believe how deep that Nov pack can be, at least in spots. I was saying that Revelstoke area and Coast area November snowpack can be deeper than Rockies May pack. And this is one of those years