Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Was working at 1250m yesterday, and post holing in knee deep snow. Now this storm on top.
    How can I escape the honey-do list this Sunday, and take out the meadow skipping sticks....? Might be making a stop at the florist and chocolatier this evening!
    Where abouts? You in Blue? Thinking of hitting gorge for some october novelty turns tomorrow. should be ok I think.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Where abouts? You in Blue? Thinking of hitting gorge for some october novelty turns tomorrow. should be ok I think.
    Was thinking up Raft or the Trophies. We didn't get the dump the Okanagan or Logan Lk area got. The storm started off well, but petered out early and turned into flurries with a very stiff northwesterly.
    Access above 1000m around Blue is already closed due to snow. No active logging up there above that right now either, so it's sled access only.

Only thing novelty about today was that it was October! Amazing snow and coverage for pre Halloween.

Not much to add. We skied one of the Cheops chutes on Saturday. The strong winds from the night before definitely diminished the ski quality. I skied very cautiously and only whacked a few rocks on the way down, nothing serious. Great skiing considering the date.

I have a couple copies of the Rogers Pass guidebook to give away (EDIT - books are spoken for). Douglas used a bunch of my photos in it and gave me the copies as a thank you. I pay shipping, you make an appropriate donation to your local Humane Society/Rescue, Food Bank or Avalanche Centre. It's worth noting that a new edition of the guidebook is coming out soon, so this one will be a bit outdated. Any takers?

Name:  PXL_20201024_205427149.jpg
Views: 3030
Size:  168.4 KB
    Last edited by Wiilbert; 11-02-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

^^^ strong work Rob! Where is my coffee mug??

Amazing day skiing yesterday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201025_123050.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	683.2 KB 
ID:	345007

Name:	20201025_122107.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	839.0 KB 
ID:	345008

Stuntcok

Name:	GOPR4851_1603690388238.jpg 
Size:	267.3 KB 
ID:	345009

cmcrawfo

Name:	GOPR4882_1603665394824.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	345010

Amazing day skiing yesterday!

Name:	20201025_123050.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	683.2 KB 
ID:	345007

Name:	20201025_122107.jpg 
Size:	839.0 KB 
ID:	345008

Stuntcok

Name:	GOPR4851_1603690388238.jpg 
Size:	267.3 KB 
ID:	345009

cmcrawfo

Name:	GOPR4882_1603665394824.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	345010
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201025_123130.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	898.8 KB 
ID:	345011  

Looks pretty prime Hefe. How’s the state of the road? Doesn’t quite look like the gorge but I think I know where that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post

Nicely done! PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Crank View Post
    Looks pretty prime Hefe. How’s the state of the road? Doesn’t quite look like the gorge but I think I know where that is...

Nicely done! PM sent
    Yes you know where it is. Rd is fine.

Drooling over here, cool to see mags taking full advantage. you rock
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Rogers Pass annual winter permits now available pc.gc.ca/skirogers. They will e-mail the permit to you.

N.B. daily winter permits may not always be available as visitor services at the pass may be limited, so best get an annual permit even if you only plan to ski there occasionally.

Good news from Parks Canada for annual discovery pass holders:-

"For current pass holders, Parks Canada will automatically extend the end date of Discovery Passes for the full duration of the suspension period.

For visitors who hold a Discovery Pass which was valid in March 2020, Parks Canada will automatically extend the end date of these Discovery Passes by 4 months. This covers the three-month suspension of visitor services, plus the gradual resumption of visitor services during the month of June.

For example, a Discovery Pass that would have originally expired March 2020 will now expire July 2020. Similarly, a Discovery Pass that would have expired September 2020 will now expire January 2021."

(I guess it is old news they were extending the passes, but I only checked by how long today).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post

I have a couple copies of the Rogers Pass guidebook to give away. Douglas used a bunch of my photos in it and gave me the copies as a thank you. I pay shipping, you make an appropriate donation to your local Humane Society/Rescue, Food Bank or Avalanche Centre. It's worth noting that a new edition of the guidebook is coming out soon, so this one will be a bit outdated. Any takers?

Willing to ship to the states?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Snow pack is fucked now in the monashees. Going to be a bit spicy with (when) new snow!

Hey guys - I'm hoping to finally make it to RED Mountain this winter. I've been looking at the trail maps it looks overwhelming - can anyone give me some tips on their favorite runs, gnar runs, must-do's, etc? Thanks!

Wished I had thought to take ski crampons to Rogers Pass today. At 2100m the crust was knife hard and 5cm thick, with 10cm of soft snow on it - at tree line about 5cm soft snow on the crust. Reset ASAP please.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Wished I had thought to take ski crampons to Rogers Pass today. At 2100m the crust was knife hard and 5cm thick, with 10cm of soft snow on it - at tree line about 5cm soft snow on the crust. Reset ASAP please.
    Super tiring travel on that. It pissed all night up there the last 2 nights and super warm. Tuesday night had super wet slush just across the rp summit for a couple hours. Warm air aloft. I was wondering how high it went. Props for hanging with it to tree line

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by joecoffee View Post
    Hey guys - I'm hoping to finally make it to RED Mountain this winter. I've been looking at the trail maps it looks overwhelming - can anyone give me some tips on their favorite runs, gnar runs, must-do's, etc? Thanks!
    It’s a maze of multiple mountains, 360 degrees of aspects, and endless unmarked lines through trees and cliffs, that takes years to make sense of. Nothing I could tell you will help any more than following your intuition, but if the timing works I might be able show you a stash or two.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    It’s a maze of multiple mountains, 360 degrees of aspects, and endless unmarked lines through trees and cliffs, that takes years to make sense of. Nothing I could tell you will help any more than following your intuition, but if the timing works I might be able show you a stash or two.
    Bahahaha I can't wait! Thanks! Could you at least give me your top 3 runs, this can help me and others looking to venture out to RED this winter. And yes, I'll shoot you a DM when I know what date I plan to be out there. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by joecoffee View Post
    Bahahaha I can't wait! Thanks! Could you at least give me your top 3 runs, this can help me and others looking to venture out to RED this winter. And yes, I'll shoot you a DM when I know what date I plan to be out there. Cheers!
    You can’t go wrong anywhere down (the aptly named) Powderfields or Slides, or dropping into Booty’s (which is marked). Some of my favourite lines are in the steep and challenging terrain between Booty’s and Slides, but nothing’s marked and there are numerous hazards. Note that you can (if there’s visibility) scope out this area from the Grey chair.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    You can’t go wrong anywhere down (the aptly named) Powderfields or Slides, or dropping into Booty’s (which is marked). Some of my favourite lines are in the steep and challenging terrain between Booty’s and Slides, but nothing’s marked and there are numerous hazards. Note that you can (if there’s visibility) scope out this area from the Grey chair.
    Thanks brother, you rock!

I did my first ever day at Red last year. found it fairly easy to navigate with some sense. Fav zones where slides and bootys. Bootys was gnarly, lots of dead ends so tread lightly before sending. Slides was out of control. I kept thinking i missed the traverse back to the chair as it just kept falling away and away. Beautiful tree skiing.

Found Good Turns around Golden on Sunday. Logging road access helped but the rain crust was perfect for low snowpack travel through the bush. Bit of a fight in and out but excellent up high. Winds were cranking though so pick your aspect and watch for windslabs.

Quote Originally Posted by LSeed View Post
    Found Good Turns around Golden on Sunday. Logging road access helped but the rain crust was perfect for low snowpack travel through the bush. Bit of a fight in and out but excellent up high. Winds were cranking though so pick your aspect and watch for windslabs.
    Fan-tastic! Thats a top quality mid winter day on the east side of the divide.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Nice! Long and great fall line for early season