Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield3d View Post
    Also, why do people always interpret the scientific process as flip-flopping? When more data about an issue becomes available, aren't you supposed to adopt that information and critically consider whether or not that changes your position? Or are we all supposed to hope that our first guess is always our best guess?
    Correct. Apparently it's more important to never admit you were wrong than to actually be right. That's why morons in the hospital with Covid who need a machine to help them breathe still can't admit they should have gotten vaccinated.

Thanks for posting the actual wording with the actual context.

Also, why do people always interpret the scientific process as flip-flopping? When more data about an issue becomes available, aren't you supposed to adopt that information and critically consider whether or not that changes your position? Or are we all supposed to hope that our first guess is always our best guess?
    Because they're closed-minded idiots, that's why.

Probably had shitty parents who didn't encourage them when they failed or something.

if it’s 95% effective, that means that it doesn’t work on everyone. some of those people it doesn’t work on will get sick and die. checkmate, losers.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Food for thought....

“It is very clear now that [vaccinated people] can get seriously ill and they can transmit the infection to others.” Fauci
    If there is one thing to take away from all we’ve learned over the past 18months is they are all 2 faced liars and in some cases “black faced” liars, no matter what side of the border you are on. Do your own due diligence.
    bald face liar. russian troll?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anthony...ce-the-nation/

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/30/10229...ugh-infections

Food for thought....

“It is very clear now that [vaccinated people] can get seriously ill and they can transmit the infection to others.” Fauci
    If there is one thing to take away from all we’ve learned over the past 18months is they are all 2 faced liars and in some cases “black faced” liars, no matter what side of the border you are on. Do your own due diligence.
    You live in Canada, so take your advice from Health Canada if you don't like what is being said in other countries.

tell me you don't understand science, without telling me you don't understand science. definitely should never want to evaluate situations against new evidence and changing realities and modify responses and behaviours, dig your heals in and close your brain!

And that really goes for pretty much everything.

Politician says "X"

[circumstances change]

Politician now says "Y"

He's a flip flopper!

The politicians that never change their views despite the emergence of overwhelming evidence that their long standing views are incorrect are the worst possible people to be leading the government.

they taught me this science thing and it seemed logical so i just accepted it

then I get sent to church where I'm wearing scratchy clothing i don't like and they tell me the guy in bedsheets feeds 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread and a basket of fish

I remember thinking ... do i look like a moran ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I dunno, do you look like this guy?

His video titles (and his name) made me think he was a quack but the videos are actually very informative and science based.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

^^^ check out the m-series spam bot with the pun.

...and just like that, he gone
    Last edited by Ted Striker; 08-04-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Name:  Mount Moran.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  32.2 KB

It would be cool if you did look like Mount Moran

So many suckers on this site - you guys are far to easy at getting Covid boners.

Go do something meaningful with your time, before you find out there is another variant on top of the variant....lol

Hopefully ski season is bountiful and plentiful for all of us! Cheers

we also gots idiots but no republicans which means you probably have more anti vaxxers

just on political principle than the entire pop of Canada

also not many people are into dog so like a Canadian never sez thots n prayers after a mass shooting
    Oh we have Republicans they just don't call themselves that.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Oh we have Republicans they just don't call themselves that.
    well sure but according to polls 40% of 75million republicans refuse to vax for political reasons

which works out to about 30 million mouth breathing conservatives who would rather die than get a vax ?

canada has the highest rate of vax in the world and the pop of canada is < 35million
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So many suckers on this site - you guys are far to easy at getting Covid boners.

Go do something meaningful with your time, before you find out there is another variant on top of the variant....lol

Hopefully ski season is bountiful and plentiful for all of us! Cheers
    Dood stole your quote. You might be able to sue for sum o that go fund me cheddar bud

"Five days before his death, Apley posted a meme gaining notoriety in right-wing groups that read: “In 6 months, we’ve gone from the vax ending the pandemic—to you can still get covid even if vaxxed—to you can pass covid onto others even if vaxxed—to you can still die of covid even if vaxxed—to the unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed.”

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=6371397

At least he died doing what he loved.<br />
    <br />
    <b>Texas politician dies of COVID 5 days after posting anti-vaccine meme</b><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    A Texas GOP official who consistently mocked COVID-1......

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Hey now the media owns that misinformation. NYT , WaPO, CTV all went with the story as just as likely for the vaxxed to get it and pass it a long. You had to be following the unfolding story with too much time on your hands to get the corrected info in a timely fashion. They made it a super game changer when it was a moderate game changer. CDC also has some blame here. When I read the art I thought holy shit though I went to the thought that those counting on herd to not be vaxxed people are going to have to rethink.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Hey now the media owns that misinformation. NYT , WaPO, CTV all went with the story as just as likely for the vaxxed to get it and pass it a long. You had to be following the unfolding story with too much time on your hands to get the corrected info in a timely fashion. They made it a super game changer when it was a moderate game changer. CDC also has some blame here. When I read the art I thought holy shit though I went to the thought that those counting on herd to not be vaxxed people are going to have to rethink.
    NYT Daily podcast explained it quite well.

Can vaxxed transmit COVID? Yes.
    Is it extremely rare? Yes.
    Are they doing more research on this? Yes.
    Does vaccine still protect against hospitalization? Yes.
    Does vaccine still protect against aquiring COVID in the first place, and thus transmission? Yes.
    Should people still get vaccinated? Yes.

Did their print articles suggest otherwise that what I heard on my morning walk the other day?

They had to tweet that it was rare for the vaxxed to get infected. But for some the damage was done and will take a while to be undone.

your ? yes it was over on the fear vac thread KQ posted that the Whitehouse was pissed at news coverage (can't find)

here is CTV coverage when it came out
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...arns-1.5529230

"The bottom line was that, in contrast to the other variants, vaccinated people, even if they didn't get sick, got infected and shed virus at similar levels as unvaccinated people who got infected,"

It doesn't mention that your 8x less likely to get covid if vaxxed or what ever the number is now. NYT just said "rare" in tweet correction. So my read CDC wanted to scare and over did it .
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Did their print articles suggest otherwise that what I heard on my morning walk the other day?
    I believe it was tweets by both nyt and wapo that were upsetting since they were given without context
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

the border sounds like a shit show right now even if you have all of your documents as they gear up for the strike tomorrow.

took my folks over an hour to get through even after i gave additional supporting documents and they refused to see my parents proof of vax preferring to tell them to quarantine for two weeks despite the fact that they even showed up with a negative test from two days ago AND took a test there AND have a take home test... completely contrary to everything on the website.

vacation off to a great start!

I'm guessing it's because the border guards don't have the right of a traditional strike due to them being deemed essential, so instead they're getting a headstart on working to rule - their rule that is: make it difficult as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    took my folks over an hour to get through even after i gave additional supporting documents and they refused to see my parents proof of vax preferring to tell them to quarantine for two weeks despite the fact that they even showed up with a negative test from two days ago AND took a test there AND have a take home test... completely contrary to everything on the website.

vacation off to a great start!
    Well, fuck. This isn't what I wanted to hear. Do they have NEXUS cards?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I believe it was tweets by both nyt and wapo that were upsetting since they were given without context
    This is why twitter sucks. Tough to give context with so few characters, and so easy to spread garbage like a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Well, fuck. This isn't what I wanted to hear. Do they have NEXUS cards?
    yes and the offices were full of people they were tormenting. tears, dude.

why are the instructions given to them different than what’s on the site? how can you follow rules that conflict? this shit is so stressful.