Page 59 of 122 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3042
    This seems to be the rational for Ab and NB on their restrictions ending. Not caring so much about case count but only hospitalizations.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-of-the-virus/
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Fuck those two. They earned their fine and their ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

They don't have a ban - they're Canadian citizens.

But I agree.

How ironic that the first two people caught sneaking into Canada with fake vaccination cards are.... CANADIANS! lol

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    There's one thing I'm still fuzzy on and that's the quarantine plan requirement. As of now, anyone entering Canada needs a quarantine plan (i.e. where they will isolate for 14 days if they test positive). You need to file this quarantine plan and the border agents can deny your entry if the plan isn't satisfactory.
    Quoting myself just to mention I did find something on the travel.gc.canada site that made me more optimistic. It states:
    If you do not have symptoms, you may choose to leave Canada before the end of the 14-day quarantine period. However, you must:

continue to quarantine yourself until your departure date
    wear a mask when you depart Canada
    comply with all regulations for the country of destination
    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ion#quarantine

If you are able to leave Canada before the end of the quarantine that implies to me that immediately turning around and leaving Canada if testing positive should be a valid quarantine plan.

Actually getting into Canada with the border agents strike, etc. could still be a hassle, though.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    How ironic that the first two people caught sneaking into Canada with fake vaccination cards are.... CANADIANS! lol
    Yeah, I thought there'd be a little schadenfreude over that one.

Much easier to believe all people tagged on the other team are the only idiots, than to acknowledge that idiots (or examples of idiotic behavior) are found everywhere and that sometimes the person deserving of being called an idiot is looking back in the mirror.

I'll be glad when the snow flies again and its done being hot,dry and smokey. Perhaps we'll have a more normal ski season, but its anybody's guess how things will unfold in the next 6 months. I expected this thread to die earlier this summer but I'm an idiot.

^
    ^^
    could be due to the aforementioned ability to check Canadian vax records and not us merikans
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

we also gots idiots but no republicans which means you probably have more anti vaxxers

just on political principle than the entire pop of Canada

also not many people are into dog so like a Canadian never sez thots n prayers after a mass shooting
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we also gots idiots but no republicans which means you probably have more anti vaxxers

just on political principle than the entire pop of Canada

also not many people are into dog so like a Canadian never sez thots n prayers after a mass shooting
    I'm Canadian and I love my dog.

well I like dogs too but do you worship doggo and what are the tax implications ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well I like dogs too but do you worship doggo and what are the tax implications ?
    I am a Jewish Atheist, so I don't worship anyone including money, because if I did I likely would have become a successful businessman instead of the successful ski bum that I actually became. The tax implications of being a ski bum, with most years on E.I., are minimal.

“Jesus Skis…Moses takes Choppers”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    HAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ^
    ^^
    could be due to the aforementioned ability to check Canadian vax records and not us merikans
    They wouldn't have had Canadian vax records because it turns out they're Canadians living in the States (green cards or dual citizens).

They had fake vax cards/records, fake negative test results, and were bullshitting about their quarantine plan too. If you're gonna go, go big!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    They wouldn't have had Canadian vax records because it turns out they're Canadians living in the States (green cards or dual citizens).

They had fake vax cards/records, fake negative test results, and were bullshitting about their quarantine plan too. If you're gonna go, go big!
    So they're basically Americans at this point then.

I mean wouldn’t it make sense for them to be Canadians being that the border isn’t open for Americans right now….?

That being said there are tons of idiots in Canada. Most of them are in this thread. It’s like bugs to a light.

Well irony isnt dead. I guess it doesnt require a vax to save it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Food for thought....

“It is very clear now that [vaccinated people] can get seriously ill and they can transmit the infection to others.” Fauci

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Food for thought....

“It is very clear now that [vaccinated people] can get seriously ill and they can transmit the infection to others.” Fauci
    Fauci could be very successful training politicians. He is a skilled flip-flopper.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Fauci could be very successful training politicians. He is a skilled flip-flopper.
    If there is one thing to take away from all we’ve learned over the past 18months is they are all 2 faced liars and in some cases “black faced” liars, no matter what side of the border you are on. Do your own due diligence.
    Last edited by teamdirt; 08-03-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Food for thought....

Can you provide a link to where he said that?
    I know he said "It is very clear now that [vaccinated people] can transmit the infection to others." It's just a subtle difference, but the point is we have always known, and he has always said that vaccinated people can get very sick. If a vaccine is 95% effective and hundreds of millions are vaccinated that still leaves 10's of thousands sick. And when he said what he said he was explaining exactly why he was saying it and why they were recommending changes.

For context (and the video where he said it) - https://globalnews.ca/news/8079311/c...delta-variant/
    When you measure the level of [the] virus in the nasal pharynx of a vaccinated person who has [had] a breakthrough infection with Delta,” Fauci said, the detected virus level is “high and equivalent to the level of virus in the nasal pharynx of an unvaccinated person.”
    That is not the case with other variants. For instance, the level of virus found in the nasal pharynx of a vaccinated individual who happens to be infected with the Alpha variant is much lower than that of an unvaccinated person. This “strongly” suggests that the Delta variant’s ability to transmit is unhindered by an individual’s vaccination status, Fauci said.
    “It is very clear now that [vaccinated people] can transmit the infection to others.”
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Dont expect them to understand, even with the actual quote. They have a narrative theyre working on. Cant be distracted by common sense ya know

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Can you provide a link to where he said that?
    I know he said "It is very clear now that [vaccinated people] can transmit the infection to others." It's just a subtle difference, but the point is we have always known, and he has always said that vaccinated people can get very sick. If a vaccine is 95% effective and hundreds of millions are vaccinated that still leaves 10's of thousands sick. And when he said what he said he was explaining exactly why he was saying it and why they were recommending changes.

For context (and the video where he said it) - https://globalnews.ca/news/8079311/c...delta-variant/
    Thanks for posting the actual wording with the actual context.

Also, why do people always interpret the scientific process as flip-flopping? When more data about an issue becomes available, aren't you supposed to adopt that information and critically consider whether or not that changes your position? Or are we all supposed to hope that our first guess is always our best guess?