Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Meh. Canada is ok but there's really no compelling reason to go there.
    Exactly. Sucks balls here please don't come it's just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Rumor has it that it's going to a one way street pre-July 21. Fully vaxed Canadians will be able to come down to the states and return without quarantine.
    tires are getting bald and they ran out of milk months ago.

lol, apparently. Because they just announced that fully vaxed Canadians can cross without quarantine starting July 5.

Americans, decriss!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ful...july-1.6073480

Yeah, the Bellingham Costco is going to be a real hoot in July.

I did book a trip to BC in August. Now I need Justin Trudeau to come through for me...

It's already started. Saw three BC plates yesterday, and overheard a conversation that included one distinctly Canadian accent.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Exactly. Sucks balls here please don't come it's just not worth it.
    Don't be so sensitive bro. Just yanking your sanctimonious chain.

Ok, so does this mean they are shooting for letting filthy yanks in after July 21’st with proof of vaccination?
    Or is that still TBD?
    Kiddo wants to go to goalie camp in Jasper in August...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Still tbd, but if I were a betting man, I'd say it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Still tbd, but if I were a betting man, I'd say it opens.
    Where did you see anything leading to that opinion? The articles I've read make it sound like the powers-that-be in Canada want 75% of their population fully vaccinated before they open their borders... and that's not happening anytime this summer or fall.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Where did you see anything leading to that opinion? The articles I've read make it sound like the powers-that-be in Canada want 75% of their population fully vaccinated before they open their borders... and that's not happening anytime this summer or fall.
    The previously stated goal was for at least 75% having gotten their first shot, but it wouldn't surprise me if they try to move the goal posts now.

We're over 75% for first shot now i think. The willingness is there. That should have us around 80% or more for both shots in a couple months. That should make the prospective 4th wave in the fall easier to predict and adjust for. Im thinking late august for snything definitive. Political pressure is ramping up though. Chances are Kenney will let anyone in the back door

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

So as an Albertian I can get back into Alberta, wtihout a quarantine, after july 5th, with proof of 2 vaccine shots.

But can I get into 'Merica in the first place? What are the current restrictions for Canuks going south, by ground?

Pretty sure Trudeau initially said the goal post was 75% with at least one shot, and they're already achieved that, but their Public Safety Minister said "approximately" 75% fully vaxed yesterday.

But I didn't hear or read anything official. I was just talking with a few people I know in Canada who said that the number of doses becoming available in July has increased dramatically, and that everyone who's had their first shot will be able to get their second.

I think you can travel freely if your name is actually Gordon.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Just back from the family fishing trip on the west coast of Van Is. No american boats, and very few albertans. It was such a nice pleasurable trip. Caught our limits too. I could really get used to this.
    The provincial travel restrictions between health authorities lifted last Wednesday. The BC ferries website crashed that same day from all the lower mainlanders trying to book reservations over to the island. Ferries were mostly empty going from the island to Vancouver though. Lost of RV's and the like on the highways heading east and north too. Gonna be a gongshow once the little ones are out of school. Again, I am glad inter-provincial travel is requested to be essential only, and international travel restricted.

US Congressman representing Buffalo and Niagara Falls

Name:  Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 21-17-36 Brian Higgins on Twitter.png
Views: 1791
Size:  276.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Don't be so sensitive bro. Just yanking your sanctimonious chain.
    Ummm, likewise?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Nah, it's 75% of the eligible population.

75% of the eligible population will have had 2 shots right around August 1, probably before then. Since the border closures always seem to be 4 weeks long I'd expect it to be open on July 21 in some capacity, probably still testing required. What's more important, however, is the general population doesn't seem to care that it opens right now. Until that changes, I wouldn't expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    US Congressman representing Buffalo and Niagara Falls
    he doesn't represent Canadians

there was another butt hurt American on CBC news this AM who has suddenly realizing Canada is not the 51st state, yeah the closure is re-announced on the 21st of each month for the next month

Even if you reading this are double vaxed the fact is that livivng in the country with the most available vax/ high vax hesiteancy and the most Covid dead might be your clue as to why the border has stayed closed,

So whats the rush ? if the border needs to be closed again due to out break that will cost mo money/ lives/ time ... Canadians & Americans seem to be on different pages eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    there was another butt hurt American on CBC news this AM who has suddenly realizing Canada is not the 51st state, yeah the closure is re-announced on the 21st of each month for the next month

Even if you reading this are double vaxed the fact is that livivng in the country with the most available vax/ high vax hesiteancy and the most Covid dead might be your clue as to why the border has stayed closed,

So whats the rush ? if the border needs to be closed again due to out break that will cost mo money/ lives/ time ... Canadians & Americans seem to be on different pages eh
    I think what Americans don't understand is why Canadians are not ready to move on and allow vaxxed Americans while the EU (and a good chunk of the rest of the western world) will. Canada's decision making seems horribly illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    he doesn't represent Canadians
    Seriously... does he not understand "National Sovereignty"?

Quote Originally Posted by CMartin348 View Post
    Canada's decision making seems horribly illogical.
    It's political. Minority government means pandering to your base.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartin348 View Post
    I think what Americans don't understand is why Canadians are not ready to move on and allow vaxxed Americans while the EU (and a good chunk of the rest of the western world) will. Canada's decision making seems horribly illogical.
    Exactly. Time to move on. The U.S. record on Covid was pretty poor, but at this point most of us are vaxxed. I see no reason not to let vaccinated people in other than spite.

I don't blame the Canucks at all. Based on the amount of fucking stoopid anti-vax trumtarded americans who would lie and cheat about being vaxed, I say all the power to them.