Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3042
    You'd think someone named "pano-dude" would get the big picture a little bit better.

Would like to hear how kids are at ZERO RISK? Please explain but seems like an ignorant statement to make. Kid in my daughters class is in hospital with Covid and not doing well. Trying to keep a 9 year old calm about her friend breaks my heart and she got it from her non vaxxed dad who is an anti masker as well.
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Would like to hear how kids are at ZERO RISK? Please explain but seems like an ignorant statement to make. Kid in my daughters class is in hospital with Covid and not doing well. Trying to keep a 9 year old calm about her friend breaks my heart and she got it from her non vaxxed dad who is an anti masker as well.
    Unfortunate that the kid is in hospital but what's the whole story? Healthy kid to start with?
    People get sick, kids get sick that's life.
    My vaccinated mom got it and died.
    To bad she spent the last 18months of her life living in fear, not seeing friends and family and then do what the dr said die.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    My vaccinated mom got it and died.
    To bad she spent the last 18months of her life living in fear, not seeing friends and family and then do what the dr said die.
    Yeah, that really sucks but she did what she could to increase the odds of not getting sick, and that's all we can do. Unfortunately it's not always enough, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. It's not "living in fear" either.

In other news it looks like the Canadian government has decided not to enact any new travel restrictions, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, that really sucks but she did what she could to increase the odds of not getting sick, and that's all we can do. Unfortunately it's not always enough, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. It's not "living in fear" either.

In other news it looks like the Canadian government has decided not to enact any new travel restrictions, at least for now.
    But they issued a 'strongly worded' statement saying now isn't the time for travel.

Glad they came to their senses. They already require proof of vax, a 72 hour test, and often another test at the border. There's only so much you can do before you start losing the support of even the intelligent people who believe in being careful.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Glad they came to their senses. They already require proof of vax, a 72 hour test, and often another test at the border. There's only so much you can do before you start losing the support of even the intelligent people who believe in being careful.
    Even in the face of this stupid omicron variant, I still want them to get rid of the testing requirement to enter. Maybe have to do a rapid test within 24 hours after arrival or something, but having to have one before you come back - what's the point? To keep the COVID out?

I would think the point would be to identify folks who have infection. Traveling often entails more risky behavior: eating out, bars, public transportation, public events, meeting folks outside your local group, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I would think the point would be to identify folks who have infection. Traveling often entails more risky behavior: eating out, bars, public transportation, public events, meeting folks outside your local group, etc.
    Right, so make me do a test once I'm in, within 24 hours or whatever. Seems like it'd be more useful. A lot can happen in 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I disagree that any of those activities are more risky than what people do at home, i.e. close prolonged socializing with friends and family and co-workers. That's how this shit spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You're very upset about something that hasn't happened yet.

Also, children are not at "zero risk," but you already know this and are just being intentionally obtuse.
    I'm not upset, amused actually.
    Vaccinated people now are the ones carrying and spreading the virus since non vaccinated people can't travel or go out in public.
    Carry on.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Since they're so isolated and oppressed how are they still filling up the intensive care units?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Pano ……to answer ur question about my daughters friend, no underlying condition that I know of but maybe something I don’t know. I am sorry for ur loss.
    However kids are at risk , both my daughters are vaxxed fully now (9 and 6). I still say and do take all precautions if one can meaning wearing a mask keep hands clean and get vaxxed. I try my hardest not to judge people and look at everything from both sides. My parents and wife’s parents are in their 80s so we try to keep as safe as possible still wiping down food and stuff we buy, spraying the mail but there are no guarantees with this infectious fucking Covid (Everyone I hang with still takes all precautions and have yet to gather in a large group indoors, always outside) Like wearing a seat belt doesn’t guarantee you will live through a crash but sure helps with ur odds of living.
    Again I am sorry for ur loss.

I think both Cat and Yeaman both have valid points in their respective ways.
    I need to go skiing
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Even in the face of this stupid omicron variant, I still want them to get rid of the testing requirement to enter. Maybe have to do a rapid test within 24 hours after arrival or something, but having to have one before you come back - what's the point? To keep the COVID out?
    Sounds like you Canucks are finally accepting that a hubristic approach was well, full of hubris.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Sounds like you Canucks are finally accepting that a hubristic approach was well, full of hubris.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639837217.511853.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	397213

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I tried to skim this, but was hoping for some clarification from others who have crossed recently...

I am US citizen, fully vax'd and boosted with an approved vaccine (Pfizer) earlier this month. I am looking to drive to interior BC potentially in late Feb. It appears I can enter as a fully vaccinated traveller, right? If so, I need to get the Arrive Can app, upload vax proof, travel docs, and get a test within 72 hours of entry. Right?

Beyond the above, it seems like there could be a random test at the border, and there needs to be a quarantine plan? Does anyone have any details on the random testing and what the quarantine plan is?

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I tried to skim this, but was hoping for some clarification from others who have crossed recently...

I am US citizen, fully vax'd and boosted with an approved vaccine (Pfizer) earlier this month. I am looking to drive to interior BC potentially in late Feb. It appears I can enter as a fully vaccinated traveller, right? If so, I need to get the Arrive Can app, upload vax proof, travel docs, and get a test within 72 hours of entry. Right?

Beyond the above, it seems like there could be a random test at the border, and there needs to be a quarantine plan? Does anyone have any details on the random testing and what the quarantine plan is?
    For the quarantine plan, just list a hotel that's close to where you plan on staying... IME, they don't really check details of that one. In reality, if you tested positive in a random check, you could just drive home (I believe).

Using the ArriveCAN app is super easy, just make sure you do that ahead of time- you need to have your negative CoVid test first, however. It makes things super easy at the border, and the Canadian agent shouldn't give you any shit.

I don't believe you need a negative test to return to the US if you're driving, so you should be good to go on the return trip.

Just crossed on Sunday. It's exactly as you describe it. Have your proof of vax, passport, and info in ArriveCan. I got randomly selected along with one of my kids. Had no problem with getting an online appointment. I'm in Calgary so just dropped the completed test (takes 10 minutes for the video appointment) at Shoppers Drug.

We just put in my in laws house for our quarantine plan. If we did test positive the real plan is to just head home. They never asked us about it at the border. Aside from ArriveCan, the border was no different from pre-Covid.

Hi Phatty, apologies for my ignorance. So did you have to get online apt after you were randomly selected or you were randomly selected at border and test was there? i have some upcoming plans and shockingly im cornfused. TKS

Yep, yep and yep. Main concern should be making sure you have a place to drop off the random test. If you're skiing in the middle of nowhere, you need to make sure you deal with the test immediately before continuing your trip. OTOH if you will be staying in an urban area you can do the test at your convenience within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Just crossed on Sunday. It's exactly as you describe it. Have your proof of vax, passport, and info in ArriveCan. I got randomly selected along with one of my kids. Had no problem with getting an online appointment. I'm in Calgary so just dropped the completed test (takes 10 minutes for the video appointment) at Shoppers Drug.

We just put in my in laws house for our quarantine plan. If we did test positive the real plan is to just head home. They never asked us about it at the border. Aside from ArriveCan, the border was no different from pre-Covid.
    Awesome! Thank you for the recon. I'm going to try to convince a few friends to put together a Nelson \ Rossland trip. Hope your trip to the in-laws is a good one, and the conditions are fantastic on the hill. (I am loving this new hill...god it's been good with a favorable outlook short\mid-term!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    Hi Phatty, apologies for my ignorance. So did you have to get online apt after you were randomly selected or you were randomly selected at border and test was there? i have some upcoming plans and shockingly im cornfused. TKS
    You need to get an online apt OR just call and wait on hold till they get to you. I waited an hour. The call got dropped after 45 minutes but I called right back and the system kept my place in "line," thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    For the quarantine plan, just list a hotel that's close to where you plan on staying... IME, they don't really check details of that one. In reality, if you tested positive in a random check, you could just drive home (I believe).
    That's correct. Of course officially if you have symptoms you are required to stay put, but I've got to believe most people who test positive are going to high tail it out of Canada rather than quarantine themselves for 14 days. Obviously if you are flying into Canada it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    At the border they told me I was selected and gave me a test kit and said that I had 24hrs to schedule my appointment. When I got to my in laws I went online and booked the appointment. Tons of availability. Grabbed a convenient time and it was a breeze. Definitely not something to worry about. I could have gotten an appointment 15 minutes later, so you should be able to do it even if you are heading into the bush as long as you pass through someplace that has internet.

How robust will Canadian officials be to re-closing the border with Omicron?