Page 24 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well yeah but its not there yet is it ? So you showing up with your skis or a gun or a fishing rod and a ratty piece of paperin your wallet telling CBSA you got the vax doesnt quite cut it

there needs to be a good way to punish the un-vaxed
    I agree. I think you need to trust people (i.e. allow people to self report their vaccination data) and make the punishment for lying enough that people are going to think twice about it. Although I don't know how you can prove someone isn't vaccinated.

But I also think Canada will be like the U.S.: when enough people are fully vaccinated it's time to quit worrying so much about the unvaccinated. They're the ones who are predominantly going to get sick, so they've effectively fucked themselves. People who are vaccinated should start being able to go about their lives normally.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I agree. I think you need to trust people (i.e. allow people to self report their vaccination data) and make the punishment for lying enough that people are going to think twice about it. Although I don't know how you can prove someone isn't vaccinated.

But I also think Canada will be like the U.S.: when enough people are fully vaccinated it's time to quit worrying so much about the unvaccinated. They're the ones who are predominantly going to get sick, so they've effectively fucked themselves. People who are vaccinated should start being able to go about their lives normally.
    Hence the previous comment about 75% of population being fully vaxxed, then they open shit up, and the rest can get fucked. Quebec is at 80% 1 shot - 20% both as of today. Just moved up my date for my second shot from Sept 1 to mid July.
    27° 18°

More spread = more variants. We're doing our part in containing spread

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's already started. Saw three BC plates yesterday, and overheard a conversation that included one distinctly Canadian accent.
    Let us know when they shoot someone's pig.

Didn't Canada do that with travelers asked to drive to AK and enough people abused it that it became an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Didn't Canada do that with travelers asked to drive to AK and enough people abused it that it became an issue?
    It was either a real issue or a perceived issue. There seemed to be a lot of Canadians who were hyper-vigilant about checking for American license plates and even out of province license plates last year. Plenty of those people had a legitimate reason for being in Canada, of course. I'm absolutely certain there were people who abused the system, but how many? The whole story had a bit of an urban legend feel to it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ok, prove to me that you are vax'd. I have a little paper card that a 3rd grader could counterfeit.
    Every state government has that record.

so it seems the usa is incapable of turning over accurate data over who is and who isn’t jabbed.

and it only takes a few bad apples, and the bad apples that made a right to go to banff instead of a left to go to alaska ruined it for everyone.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Hence the previous comment about 75% of population being fully vaxxed, then they open shit up, and the rest can get fucked. Quebec is at 80% 1 shot - 20% both as of today. Just moved up my date for my second shot from Sept 1 to mid July.
    It also seems (at least from the fearmongering media and science 'experts') that this Delta variant is the worst of the bunch. If this doesn't create that '4th wave' and just sort of floats through the 75/25%-and-counting vaccinated population then I think everyone is going to assume we're good to go.

I said to some friends the other day it's not going to be the government that decides when we're done with this crap, it'll be the general public who start rising up demanding change once enough is enough. It'll happen soon.

Government of BC knows they gave me 2 Pfizer shots cuz its in the data base so that is considered a good thing up here

down there the guvermint knowing stuff about you is not good or at least not considered good so thats the thing is that nobody trusts America, smart Americans don't even trust America so do we listen to the American who tells us they are vaxed or do we need to have proof ?

ALSO with the high # of whacko nut job anti vaxers it doesnt really look like there will be enough fully vaxed Americans so COVID will hang around and pick them off the in a Darwinian fashion

my sister is a whacko nut job anti vax conspiracy type and she is not even Aemrican, whenever i think about it i wonder if there is anything she owns that I want when she croaks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

QueAnon is on it!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    so it seems the usa is incapable of turning over accurate data over who is and who isn’t jabbed.

and it only takes a few bad apples, and the bad apples that made a right to go to banff instead of a left to go to alaska ruined it for everyone.
    I heard the Walgreens app is secure. Maybe the americans can just use that.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I heard the Walgreens app is secure. Maybe the americans can just use that.
    there ya go, the private sector for the win. do you think my parents can get a couple of myWalgreens bonus points for showing the app at the border? that’s some fucking synergy right there.

Government of BC knows they gave me 2 Pfizer shots cuz its in the data base so that is considered a good thing up here

down there the guvermint knowing stuff about you is not good or at least not considered good so thats the thing is that nobody trusts America, smart Americans don't even trust America so do we listen to the American who tells us they are vaxed or do we need to have proof ?
    There's no way the provincial governments would hand over vaccination records to the USA, or any other country for that matter. Right? It's super-illegal, no? Or can this just be a checkbox on my NEXUS card?

There's no way the provincial governments would hand over vaccination records to the USA, or any other country for that matter. Right? It's super-illegal, no? Or can this just be a checkbox on my NEXUS card?
    How about if it's an opt in thing? You'd need to specifically authorize the govt to release your records.

We've got a Federal law in the U.S. called HIPAA that is intended to protect people's personal health data and I'm sure just handing over vaccination data would run afoul of that. But it seems like people explicitly allowing this data to be released would be okay, although I'm certainly not an expert.

It was either a real issue or a perceived issue. There seemed to be a lot of Canadians who were hyper-vigilant about checking for American license plates and even out of province license plates last year. Plenty of those people had a legitimate reason for being in Canada, of course. I'm absolutely certain there were people who abused the system, but how many? The whole story had a bit of an urban legend feel to it, IMO.
    it was real, people who said they were going to AK but went for holiday and luncheon in banff bragging to the waitress which went big time on all the news out lets

Early on I caught a guy from Vermont mtn biking instead of booking on thru and he gave me a dumb excuse " oh i thot that was only in the Yukon ? " you are a grad student and smarter than that did not believe him

i pointed out to buddy that everyone in town has already made his green plate, the feds have posted a 1-800 number to report people who don't follow the rules, the fines are like 1500$ and my advice was to book for the border without stopping to hike and bike

it was real, people who said they were going to AK but went for holiday and luncheon in banff bragging to the waitress which went big time on all the news out lets
    Exactly my point. One isolated incident like this does not make it an epidemic.

Not urban legend in the least. Saw that shit with mine own eyes. Vaccine passport is the answer. I don't want any unvaxxed fuckwit in my country, just as much because those people are fucking twits as I'm scared of them passing along the covids. Open the border up in a month or so to US folks with an authentic vaccine passport is my two bits. Sounds like travel to Euroville and other points for canucks is going to be opened up to those with a valid vaccine passport. Personally hoping for 2nd shot within a month.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

anyway, the real point is that there is no way to turn over vaccination records. doesn’t exist across the states even as an opt in. good luck getting everyone to use NY’s app, which has been blessed by Cuomo so even if it was the best thing ever it couldn’t happen.

Exactly my point. One isolated incident like this does not make it an epidemic.
    it was > one and in fact they fined a bunch of people they even fined a guy > once

but how many people from a country that gives zero fucks does it take to start an out break ?

will that out break cause deaths, long haul sick people, a drain on HC, a lock down which costs money, what politician in their right mind wants to have that happen on their watch ?

do you understand that to the canadians on TGR you sound like a lapsing alcoholic ?

do you understand that to the canadians on TGR you sound like a lapsing alcoholic ?
    Do you understand how funny this is coming from you? Jesus, you're a crank.

I'm happy jack compared to garyfromterrace who doesnt trust you either

but anyhow we have laid out exactly why the border isnt open and why we don't trust you

if you don't wana hear it don't ask

" oh yeah we are ok trust us, we wouldn't lie, things weren't really as bad as the 600,000 dead would indicate and those people were gona die anyhow "

You're a broken record, dude.

They'll figure something out I'm sure. Just scan the passport and either a nice green checkmark or a big red X shows up based on whether or not your own country thinks you're vaccinated. The government makes the laws, after all so they can find a way around this if they want to.

You don't technically need to leave your country so having a mandatory opt-in of vax data sharing with your passport shouldn't be a big problem. Not in Canada, at least. We tend to not freak out about reasonable government oversight.

They'll figure something out I'm sure.
    I wish I had your confidence.

Wifey and kiddo made refundable reservations in Banff, Jasper, and Edmonton for mid-august, they are (hopefully) attending goalie camp in Leduc.

Please don’t shoot them for having WY plates, they are fully vaxxed with proof of previous exposure.

Peace.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident