Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3042
    Rolling the dice again this weekend. Leave Friday early, get tested in Plattsburgh... hope I get a result in time for Sunday so I can work on Monday.

Pretty fucking stupid for a double vaxxed person.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    the testing for re-entry and testing situation in the US is becoming a cluster. But as the agent told my dad last week trying to re-enter O'Canada with results a couple hours "too old"..........."It's your problem not ours. You're the one that wants to go down there, nobody is forcing you to go."
    Very true.

Found a solution for those returning to Canada via Southern Utah.

Hurricane Family Pharmacy

For Canadians needing to get their rapid PcR test to get back into Canada after traveling to Southern Utah get your test at Hurricane Family Pharmacy. https://utahfamilypharmacy.com/

- gets you a test result in 45 mins
    - $150 per person ( $ 250- $300 pp at Las Vegas and airport area)
    - quick and efficient
    - if you have large groups you can book appointments in advance (for us 2 it was quick so we didn't need to pre book)
    - convenient location ; close to Zion or biking spots close by or off the highway

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Rolling the dice again this weekend. Leave Friday early, get tested in Plattsburgh... hope I get a result in time for Sunday so I can work on Monday.

Not really. I know more fully vaxed folks who've had breakthough cases (none serious), than folks I knew who got covid before there were vaccines - that delta's a bitch.

My GF likes to do day trips to Bellingham so I suggested she get tested here (Langley) and when she gets the results it's road trip time. Sadly, our Minister of Health was already on it and there would be severe fines for anyone getting tested (no fee here) and then crossing the border for a day trip.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Very true.

Found a solution for those returning to Canada via Southern Utah.

Hurricane Family Pharmacy

For Canadians needing to get their rapid PcR test to get back into Canada after traveling to Southern Utah get your test at Hurricane Family Pharmacy. https://utahfamilypharmacy.com/

- gets you a test result in 45 mins
    - $150 per person ( $ 250- $300 pp at Las Vegas and airport area)
    - quick and efficient
    - if you have large groups you can book appointments in advance (for us 2 it was quick so we didn't need to pre book)
    - convenient location ; close to Zion or biking spots close by or off the highway
    I think a decent number of independent pharmacies offer similar services - for folks in the PNW, Sumas Pharmacy (a few blocks from the border crossing) also offers 30-minute turnaround on PCR tests for $150.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Not really. I know more fully vaxed folks who've had breakthough cases (none serious), than folks I knew who got covid before there were vaccines - that delta's a bitch.
    Yeah, but it's on both sides of the border. Maybe if they would accept a self given instant test rather than the hard to come by and expensive PCR, that would make a bit more sense. I mean, I'm getting in either way, it's only about whether I have to quarantine. And I accept by going outside for anything I could be subject to a breakthrough case even if i wear a mask everywhere (i do) and get vaccinated (have 2x).

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    My GF likes to do day trips to Bellingham so I suggested she get tested here (Langley) and when she gets the results it's road trip time. Sadly, our Minister of Health was already on it and there would be severe fines for anyone getting tested (no fee here) and then crossing the border for a day trip.
    Didn't realize that rule was in place. Is that to avoid people getting the tests for free? Because a negative test is a negative test...

Yeah, what's the story with that? They want it to be inconvenient/costly to discourage day-trippers?

What's the point of a negative test BEFORE you enter the unvaccinated COVID wasteland that is America? It's like getting a pregnancy test before you have sex.

I wish I could find the clip on Global News. To paraphrase "stay out of dirty America; no free test for you!"

If you're in Washington for a day trip then you're unlikely to test positive until a few days after you're back. According to the US CDC: Fully vaccinated people should be tested 3-5 days following a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.

In Washington state 72% of adults are fully vaccinated (84% in BC).
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Although in Whatcom County the vax rate is inversely proportional to the latitude.

So dumb question maybe, but what happens if you just show up at the border (in a car) without a test, to get back in to Canada, and you live there?

I get that you need a test to get on a flight, but they can't refuse you entry in to your own country, right?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    So dumb question maybe, but what happens if you just show up at the border (in a car) without a test, to get back in to Canada, and you live there?

I get that you need a test to get on a flight, but they can't refuse you entry in to your own country, right?
    2 weeks of quarantine with annoying phone calls and the potential drop in by johnny law.

also, the cdc guidelines seem to say that it can take 3-5 days of infection to test positive. bah.

This whole border closure thing has pretty much turned into a bad joke, on both sides.

2 weeks of quarantine with annoying phone calls and the potential drop in by johnny law.

also, the cdc guidelines seem to say that it can take 3-5 days of infection to test positive. bah.
    Well that's stupid. COVID is in fact going away. A year ago at this time, cases were going up dramatically. Now, they're on a steady decline. The vaccines work, and if you're vaccinated this testing BS should not apply. On a plane? Fine whatever. But in a CAR??? Makes no sense to me but I'm just a dumbass non-medical jabroni.

Here's what the 2nd, 3rd, and "4th wave" looks like in Ontario. More like 4th blip...

Name:  234waves_OCT21.JPG
Views: 650
Size:  33.2 KB

This. Once the testing is put to bed for vaxed travelers, I will go see the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Well that's stupid. COVID is in fact going away. A year ago at this time, cases were going up dramatically. Now, they're on a steady decline. The vaccines work, and if you're vaccinated this testing BS should not apply. On a plane? Fine whatever. But in a CAR??? Makes no sense to me but I'm just a dumbass non-medical jabroni.

Here's what the 2nd, 3rd, and "4th wave" looks like in Ontario. More like 4th blip...

Name:  234waves_OCT21.JPG
Views: 650
Size:  33.2 KB
    Please quote the source of this graph.

I don't think COVID is anywhere near going away anywhere in the world
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    This. Once the testing is put to bed for vaxed travelers, I will go see the family.
    I would favor a rapid test. the more testing the better, but anyone who bothered to get vaxxed twice has done something to alleviate the problem. The difference between the two is negligible for performance but a lot in headache and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I don't think COVID is anywhere near going away anywhere in the world
    probably not, now it is just one of the many illnesses we have to deal with on a daily basis
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

besides all the people in N.A. who refuse to vax the vast majority of the world has NO vax TO take,

look at world-o-meter and the USA is at > 750,000 dead,

but since this is a thread about Canada, I live in the covid hotspot of BC all becuz antivaxers won't take the vax which is easily available for free to everybody in Canada ,

COVID is still an epidemic and I think Covid infections this winter will be worse than last winter
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

re: testing

Coming from Europe, a friend has used a $30 version of BinaxNOW at home rapid test. The difference is you take the test via videochat. This worked for his entry requirement, and was very convenient. Dunno if it works for ground borders.

I'm not sure what's so difficult. I got tested last week before I flew into SEA to cross the border into Canada; got a rapid molecular (Abbott) test. It cost $120 and I had the result in a couple of hours.

I used ArriveCAN to cross the border, and it was super easy. Crossed at the main entry point on Hwy 5/99 and at 7:30pm, there were four cars split between two lines. I waited for 5-10 minutes, and then it took about 2 minutes to process my info before they let me in. On the way back, they only had one line open, and with four cars in front of me, it took about 10 minutes at 6:30pm. Again, once I actually got to the gate agent, it took two minutes.

Sure, it sucked to have to pay $120 to get a negative CoVid test, but what's so difficult about travel to/from? It's pretty easy if you're good at following directions.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Please quote the source of this graph.
    Of course!

https://russell-pollari.github.io/ontario-covid19/

Data pulled daily from the Ontario government and put in to nice graph form.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm not sure what's so difficult. I got tested last week before I flew into SEA to cross the border into Canada; got a rapid molecular (Abbott) test. It cost $120 and I had the result in a couple of hours.

I used ArriveCAN to cross the border, and it was super easy. Crossed at the main entry point on Hwy 5/99 and at 7:30pm, there were four cars split between two lines. I waited for 5-10 minutes, and then it took about 2 minutes to process my info before they let me in. On the way back, they only had one line open, and with four cars in front of me, it took about 10 minutes at 6:30pm. Again, once I actually got to the gate agent, it took two minutes.

Sure, it sucked to have to pay $120 to get a negative CoVid test, but what's so difficult about travel to/from? It's pretty easy if you're good at following directions.
    It's not 'difficult,' it's (to me) an unnecessary $120 expense that shouldn't be there if you're vaccinated. Adds up quickly too if you've got your family with you.

There's also the problem of driving to the USA for whatever reason, then when it's time to drive home - whoops, positive - can't come back for 14 days! Even though I'd just be in my car and would go home and isolate there anyhow.

Keeping COVID off of airplanes right now? Sure, I can get behind that. But keeping it out of a vaccinated person's car? Seems dumb.