Page 96 of 122 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3042
    Welp they tagged me for the supposedly random test today. Took two hours of waiting and fucking around to do the video call test (while pulled over on the side of the highway), find a drop box in Lethbridge, etc. Oh well at least it worked. Just made a long day longer.

All straight now. Switch Health works New Brunswick and like folks said, you need internet for an online video call. Puralator is the service. Hopefully the hotel in Cambelton will save the samples for pickup as we leave early in am.

Yep, I'd say until the random entry testing ends it would be a very good idea to plan to spend your first night in Canada somewhere close to civilization.

Has anyone not gotten the "random" test? Everyone I know IRL has.

my folks on their second trip and brother made it on his first without. the real question is why won’t covid come back harder, this is too much family time.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yep, I'd say until the random entry testing ends it would be a very good idea to plan to spend your first night in Canada somewhere close to civilization.
    I suggest just getting in line for the video call and waiting. They will try to push you to call back when it's less busy. I waited almost an hour (supposedly there were 62 people ahead of me), but once you do the call/test you only need to google the nearest drop box, drive there and drop it (I snapped a photo of the act), then you are on your way. I was glad I got going early in the morning and gave myself plenty of leeway. Oh yeah waited about 45 minutes in the border line too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Has anyone not gotten the "random" test? Everyone I know IRL has.
    Wife and I went up last Friday. I got tagged for the random test and she did not. Seem like it's a fairly high percentage, though.

Clearly this random testing is just a way to fuck with people and discourage folks from going over and back now that the 72 hour rule is in play. The irrational bullshit continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    Clearly this random testing is just a way to fuck with people and discourage folks from going over and back now that the 72 hour rule is in play. The irrational bullshit continues.
    Yep. I am now 100% down with no more testing, just allowing only vaccinated travellers at this point. And now that the stupid Omicron variant is all over the damn world, we can stop trying to keep it out now. Just get on with it already - let adults make adult decisions when it comes to travelling.

or just use and pay for instant tests that are almost entirely as accurate and don’t have the hassles or cost associated with them.

^^Valid point. Test everyone right at the border and quit worrying about a little accuracy.

Does/will Canada publish the number of positives found through random testing?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ^^Valid point. Test everyone right at the border and quit worrying about a little accuracy.

Does/will Canada publish the number of positives found through random testing?
    you don't even have to test everyone, if people are double vaxxed AND tested before hand, how many break throughs are you really expecting? there's community transmission here anyway so you're just creating a hurtle for very little reason. Do they suspect that people are giving them fake test results? It's just weird.

It would be kinda nice if they were worried about fake results--drop the pre-test requirement and use cheap tests.

I don't know how it is in other states, but testing is so easy in NYC it's hard to complain about. I don't get the sense it's like that everywhere though.

https://labq.com/covid-mobile-testing/

I suspect part of it is just to discourage casual travel across the border. You can get across, but you've really got to want to...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I suspect part of it is just to discourage casual travel across the border. You can get across, but you've really got to want to...
    Exactly. Give it the fuk up.

Just went to Canada and back this weekend. My wife and i both presented our negative covid19 tests results and it was honestly the smoothest border crossing. No random tests for either of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

Test everyone

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Just went to Canada and back this weekend. My wife and i both presented our negative covid19 tests results and it was honestly the smoothest border crossing. No random tests for either of us.
    Other than the random test for me it was smooth sailing as well. We've got NEXUS cards but both ways we literally drove right to the border guard without needing to wait for any cars ahead of us. On the return to the U.S. the agent told us we were the first car he'd seen in 20 minutes! There was a huge line of semi trucks, though. Presumably Canadian trucks that needed to cross into the U.S. due to all the road closures in B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

Test everyone
    For what though? To keep COVID-19 out of the country?

Test to get on a plane (tight quarters, extended period) - fine.
    Test to find some asymptomatic case on a vaccinated traveler - what's the point?

Open 'er up, eh!

And yet the casual travel southbound for shopping day trips this weekend was back to pre-pandemic levels. There was a pent-up Target / Trader Joe's / Costco angst, and the opening of the border was like a flood gate.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    For what though? To keep COVID-19 out of the country?

Test to get on a plane (tight quarters, extended period) - fine.
    Test to find some asymptomatic case on a vaccinated traveler - what's the point?

Open 'er up, eh!
    I want to know if I'm infected, even if I don't have symptoms, I could be a carrier. It would crush me to find out I put someone's life at risk.

I'd go to the testing station daily if it means I can stay in Canada and keep skiing

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    She should definitely have known the rules before crossing the border, but this does seem like overkill.