Page 64 of 122 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3042
    So there is a new requirement, ArriveCAN. I filled out every box, uploaded my vaccination records, then got denied!! My mother is in late stage Dementia and may remember who I am for a few more weeks, maybe a couple months with God's grace and these dipshits won't allow me in to see her. I have just been tested, vaccinated and visiting for compassionate reasons but not good enough to allow me in. Been in the north country at least 50 times over my life and every living relative is there. To those making it unreasonably difficult, a big hearty FU.

here here!

and i am so sorry to read this.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I too am sorry to hear that. I can empathize. Id really like to visit family. I wouldve thought compassionate grounds would qualify you or should.
    For everyone elso i find it difficult to believe the border open didnt get pushed back farther. Cases are surging on both sides of the border. Especially in the US. Im thinking we may have restrictions within our border reinstated to some degree. The science metric that signalled the border opening is now worse than the previous date that the decision was made to keep the border closed. Why would we risk more now? This is not typical flu surge season. Whats going to happen in the fall? If canadians are restricted from crossing into the US doesnt that mean your govt thinks theres a problem letting visitors in? Visitors from a country of a less infected , higher vaxxed population %. None of you visitors find that hypocritical? I agree we shouldnt be visiting. Superspreading is bad no matter which direction , although i think we'll be more at risk if we have citizens visiting the US and returning. What about science? Isnt this supposed to be a science based decision?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

In other news fisherman suddenly started calling me this AM to book shuttles
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If ur vaxxed what are u worried about? If u r questioning if your vax works why did u get vaxed in the 1st place. Open zee border! America wants in on their 52 state!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    If ur vaxxed what are u worried about? If u r questioning if your vax works why did u get vaxed in the 1st place. Open zee border! America wants in on their 52 state!
    I agree. We know that if you are vaxed the chances of getting Covid are reduced and if you do get the virus the chances of being hospitalized are greatly reduced. Sounds manageable to me.
    I am not worried about the unvaxed as long as not too many of them end up in hospital so we don't stress the medical system, then it sounds manageable to me.
    And the ones that do end up in hospital or die, hopefully that helps convince a few more anti-vaxers to reconsider the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    So there is a new requirement, ArriveCAN. I filled out every box, uploaded my vaccination records, then got denied!! My mother is in late stage Dementia and may remember who I am for a few more weeks, maybe a couple months with God's grace and these dipshits won't allow me in to see her. I have just been tested, vaccinated and visiting for compassionate reasons but not good enough to allow me in. Been in the north country at least 50 times over my life and every living relative is there. To those making it unreasonably difficult, a big hearty FU.
    What the hell? Did you get a reason why it was denied?

What about long covid? What about unvaxxed children? I dont want any sickness whether im hospitalized or not. The masks are going back on in a number of spots. How do we know where this latest variant is going? Isnt this increasing the spread leading into the school year? It was supposed to be vaccinated healthy people participating in the tokyo olympics. 423 spreaders later where is japan now? Arent we setting up our kids and young families for a bit of the same? Isnt this decision increasing the production of new variants?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What the hell? Did you get a reason why it was denied?
    Yeah, that's what I was going to ask too. Are they just being dicks because they can?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I too am sorry to hear that. I can empathize. Id really like to visit family. I wouldve thought compassionate grounds would qualify you or should.
    For everyone elso i find it difficult to believe the border open didnt get pushed back farther. Cases are surging on both sides of the border. Especially in the US. Im thinking we may have restrictions within our border reinstated to some degree. The science metric that signalled the border opening is now worse than the previous date that the decision was made to keep the border closed. Why would we risk more now? This is not typical flu surge season. Whats going to happen in the fall? If canadians are restricted from crossing into the US doesnt that mean your govt thinks theres a problem letting visitors in? Visitors from a country of a less infected , higher vaxxed population %. None of you visitors find that hypocritical? I agree we shouldnt be visiting. Superspreading is bad no matter which direction , although i think we'll be more at risk if we have citizens visiting the US and returning. What about science? Isnt this supposed to be a science based decision?

You in the states or Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    You in the states or Canada?
    Canada, but it could apply from either side of the border. Spreading is spreading. Our covid cases are increasing on both sides of the border. We've shown no means of stalling this latest increase. 110k new cases/day in the US. 1 in 5 are children. Unvaxxed children. A significant number of children are being hospitalised. Pretty ez to predict what will follow that increase. Wouldnt common sense dictate that we show some success in dealing with this variant and the increases before we open everything? Our response to the current covid climate would serm to be the opposite direction that what we should be doing. We're taking a step back from containment rather than containing the outbreak and dictating, scientifically, how we can procede

I’ve got a trip to B.C. planned for September but all of this confusion and some reports of super long wait times has me thinking twice. I understand that a lot of Canadians are on edge - somewhat understandable IMO

I dont want to label anyone here. I just think its worth considering protecting ourselves and others with where things are. The situation is just so fluid. It was only a week or 3 ago i breathed a sigh of relief and wondered if i should keep my masks for future memorabilia. I quickly became comfortable without it and now im reluctantly putting it on even though that actusl act is no real discomfort. Its more the feeling of regret that we're not over this shit so i get that people just want to go back to doing what we did previously, like traveling and traceling across our border. It sux but we have go weigh out the negatives and the positives and whats most important. Ask me 5 or 6 days ago and i wouldnt have batted an eye

Well, dipshit, I'm worried about my 2 kids under 12 who cannot yet get the vaccine. THESE are the real "unvaccinated" that everyone seems to want to shit on. Yeah we all want to see Dave the Toilet Scientist on Facebook get COVID, but really what's gonna happen is little kids will be the ones getting it and spreading it around among themselves. And while the stats show they likely won't die or have any immediate symptoms, I'd still prefer them not to be exposed to the Mystery Virus until we've had the chance to give them the antidote.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Well, dipshit, I'm worried about my 2 kids under 12 who cannot yet get the vaccine. THESE are the real "unvaccinated" that everyone seems to want to shit on. Yeah we all want to see Dave the Toilet Scientist on Facebook get COVID, but really what's gonna happen is little kids will be the ones getting it and spreading it around among themselves. And while the stats show they likely won't die or have any immediate symptoms, I'd still prefer them not to be exposed to the Mystery Virus until we've had the chance to give them the antidote.
    yup, I'd prefer my 3 year old doesn't get it, or my sister in laws infant, or the class full of kindergarten kids my wife will be teaching this fall. Nope, can't just get a simple vaccine and wear a mask in public, gotta be a freeeeedumb dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Ok-dipshit-lets feed them an experimental drug that we don’t know the long term effects. There is a reason they have not approved it for kids....

Look at the stats- very few kids have gotten covid and even less have had severe symptoms.

Stop with the fear monging....people no longer can critically think for themselves. It all starts with turning off the evening news....

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    What about long covid? What about unvaxxed children? I dont want any sickness whether im hospitalized or not. The masks are going back on in a number of spots. How do we know where this latest variant is going? Isnt this increasing the spread leading into the school year? It was supposed to be vaccinated healthy people participating in the tokyo olympics. 423 spreaders later where is japan now? Arent we setting up our kids and young families for a bit of the same? Isnt this decision increasing the production of new variants?

Potential Long covid vs Potential Myocarditis from the vax. Neither is a great scenario.

We're not allowed to get sick any more.....those are the new rules.

Look at the stats- very few kids have gotten covid and even less have had severe symptoms.
    A year ago this would be an irrefutable statement. Now I'm not so sure. Young people seem to be affected much more be the delta variant (and, presumably, kids under 12 not being able to get vaccinated yet). See, for example: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eeing-n1276238

no you see one time, they said it didn't affect kids, therefore it will never affect kids #freedumbscience

Ok-dipshit-lets feed them an experimental drug that we don’t know the long term effects. There is a reason they have not approved it for kids....

Stop with the fear monging....people no longer can critically think for themselves. It all starts with turning off the evening news....
    Your first hudge mistake is calling a tested vaccine an "experimental drug". It will soon be FDA approved. What will your deflection be then? How far will you move the goal posts once it's approved?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Your first hudge mistake is calling a tested vaccine an "experimental drug". It will soon be FDA approved. What will your deflection be then? How far will you move the goal posts once it's approved?
    He's right though. None of our three vaccines have FDA approval, and only a Emergency Use Authorization.

The "experiment" part you mention is happening now...

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    He's right though. None of our three vaccines have FDA approval, and only a Emergency Use Authorization.

While true, how many vaccines have been administered so far? I'm guess over a billion at this point. Long term issues? Well, test groups started getting shots more than a year ago. I suppose it' still possible there could be some thus far unseen problems, but they seem extraordinary safe so far overall.

edit: per this story nearly 4.5 billion doses given so far. https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/
    That's a lot of experimental data.

In regards to kids getting covid I personally think it’s likely that they were getting it previously and just not getting tested or not showing real symptoms. I know of a lot of kits all under the age of 5 who have had it now and their symptoms were a runny nose. My two kids have been tested in the double digits because pretty much every symptom is the same as a common cold for a kid.

I think they are getting it and not being effected by it the same as older people so they aren’t being tested. The numbers we all see are positive tests not actual cases. It’s a very safe assumption that the number of untested positives is much higher in a population that doesn’t show the effects of the disease as severely.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

They will be soon. What's your excuse then?