Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    You can bring guns to Canada...
    Hunting guns, yes. Handguns, no.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Let me guess: she represents Lynden?
    Yeah, Lynden to east Ferndale.

I'm still wondering if the U.S. announcement means leisure travelers to Canada will not be able to get back into the U.S. Is there a possibility that the border will be closed to Canadians, but open to returning Americans?

i think that’s exactly what it means. the border is closed right now but any american is free to return home.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

agree

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Canada has lots of guns, we just like to keep them out of the schools. Sorry.
    There's some families in montreal that would disagree with you.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i think that’s exactly what it means. the border is closed right now but any american is free to return home.
    I'm willing to bet that the US opens it to Canadians by August 9th as well. I'm not sure what this latest announcement is meant to prove by our administration, other than they're a bunch of idiots.

Unfortunately because we are in the slow vaccine uptake now might be best to wait until we get a Bit more sorted out. Not good initially for business but business is good and wait and cause fewer transmissions. When red state governors see medical costs of delta and the graphs we will get a last push still no where near what it should be. I hope we get vaccines shipped out of country to others before they spoil. With military can still be agile moving incountry with reduced supply Still very much a world issue

I saw this from an article in the Bellingham Herald:
    "The Homeland Security statement defined essential travel as American citizens and permanent residents returning to the U.S., those traveling for medical purposes..."

So it looks like Americans returning from Canada are covered as essential travel. Yay!

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    There's some families in montreal that would disagree with you.
    over the polytechnic massacre by the proto-incel in 1989?

over the polytechnic massacre by the proto-incel in 1989?
    that goes against the CBC/Liberal narrative but yes among other issues that's a different conversation though
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    that goes against the CBC/Liberal narrative but yes among other issues that's a different conversation though
    dawson college in '06 also. we've had our fair share of psychos up here. Toronto is full of guns too.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the US opens it to Canadians by August 9th as well. I'm not sure what this latest announcement is meant to prove by our administration, other than they're a bunch of idiots.
    Seriously. And we all thought Trump was a fucking idiot, Biden is trying to one up him. I am appalled by this.

Countries can't keep their citizens from coming back home. If the US doesn't let Americans return to US technically Canada could deport the person back to the US. You'll read articles about Australia "stranding" citizens abroad. But all those citizens can come back to Australia; Australia put limits on how many can come home each day and then they have to quarantine at home, so there is a back log. But they are not "stranded."

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Seriously. And we all thought Trump was a fucking idiot, Biden is trying to one up him. I am appalled by this.

Countries can't keep their citizens from coming back home. If the US doesn't let Americans return to US technically Canada could deport the person back to the US. You'll read articles about Australia "stranding" citizens abroad. But all those citizens can come back to Australia, but Australia put limits on how many can come home each day and then they have to quarantine at home, so there is a back log. But they are not "stranded."
    Americans can come back to the US from Canada (citizens and permanent residents are exempt from the restrictions)... but they're not letting Canadians in.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of the USA having a strict border closure policy with fairly high vaccinated Canada while at the same time the southern border is completely the opposite with hundreds of thousands of un-vaccinated, undocumented illegal immigrants being let in?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    You can bring guns to Canada, a few years ago i wanted to go skiing in Baffin island, and you need a gun there{polar bears}.

Abandoned the plan because my in-laws didn't want to take the kids for 6 weeks. Wife was coming with me.

They said 2 weeks, you should be able to ski in 2 weeks.
    I got some fishing customers who brought up this nasty tactical looking shot gun that did not at all look legal but they did their homework and it was allowed, apparently even the CBSA guy was suprised

People who work Forestry can Carry a 5 shot defender for bear protection

Canada does not have a lot of guns
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Countries can't keep their citizens from coming back home. If the US doesn't let Americans return to US technically Canada could deport the person back to the US. You'll read articles about Australia "stranding" citizens abroad. But all those citizens can come back to Australia; Australia put limits on how many can come home each day and then they have to quarantine at home, so there is a back log. But they are not "stranded."
    Correct, but like Australia the U.S. could make it somewhat complicated to let Americans come back home, by only having a few border crossings open, etc. I don't think that will be the case, but I'm sure it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of the USA having a strict border closure policy with fairly high vaccinated Canada while at the same time the southern border is completely the opposite with hundreds of thousands of un-vaccinated, undocumented illegal immigrants being let in?
    southern border is closed as well:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2ER1JV

as far as illegals go, they can still come for free cars, first choice of the women, etc.

We should start a US Closed until US Gets COVID Under Control thread.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Canada does not have a lot of guns
    34.7 per 100 people which puts us in the top 10 of countries that report such things
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

Canadians are too lazy to mow our lawns, clean our houses, work in meat packing plants, or hang out at Home Depot waiting for odd jobs. All of which pay less than minimum wage with no benefits.

Why would any Canadian want to come to a country with no universal HC inhabited by a war-like race of armed disease ridden conservatives ?

some one had to say it out loud eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This thread is the gift that keeps giving.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Why would any Canadian want to come to a country with no universal HC inhabited by a war-like race of armed disease ridden conservatives ?
    Trader Joe's? I mean their peanut butter pretzels are pretty good.

Trader Joe's? I mean their peanut butter pretzels are pretty good.
    Costco milk as well.