Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Canmore has indian food wasnt aware bznff does.
    I've been to an Indian restaurant in Banff. My recollection was that it was upstairs along Banff Ave. Fairly small place, but it was good.

Starting to see ads for Canadian ski areas on my social media. Book now!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've been to an Indian restaurant in Banff. My recollection was that it was upstairs along Banff Ave. Fairly small place, but it was good.
    Im not surprised. Lived in banff/canmore for 25yrs but hadnt been through for 10 yrs until last year. A noticeable few spaces had been filled in/developed. It was surreal during the height of covid restrictions in the middle of the night to pick up some equipment. All lit op like disneyland and i saw 2 people on my cruise down banff ave. Just weird , from someone that avoided banff ave and walked the alleys to get anywhere for yrs to avoid the crowds

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Lots of good food in both canmore amd banff. Too many to list. No one will give them a hard time apart from me bustin ballz on the interwebz.
    Maybe it was the crazy weed cafe in canmore. Canmore has indian food wasnt aware bznff does. In banff i like barpa bills for chicken souvlaki or the barpa burger and chaya japanese restaurant. Canmore itd be crazy weed, iron goat and beamers for coffee and breakfast and go warly and stock up on day old huge healthy muffins and chocolate croisons if theyre early

Barpa Bills closed a couple of years ago. No point even going to town anymore.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Damn no more Barpa's. Coulda swore I ate there in November 2019 when I was last there for the Film Fest. It was the highlight of my yearly Banff work trip for the Fest.

Ya thats too bad. Good guy and great food. Barpa's dressing on the greek salad was top shelf

Can’t believe there’s a Barpa’s convo, Andy and Mike were my housemates in University, neither wanted to take over the family business so they sold, too bad.

Thats cool. Atleast one of the boys worked there off and on for years. Nice people always relaxed and friendly. Probably good roomies id imagine

Story about families split by the border closure. Interesting quote from a Whitefish business owner regarding the shift in tourism away from party-prone Canadians to a more family-about-town disposition: "It's noticeably non-Canadian. It's a little bit more mellow." Heh.

https://helenair.com/news/state-and-...0d96bee3e.html

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Can’t believe there’s a Barpa’s convo, Andy and Mike were my housemates in University, neither wanted to take over the family business so they sold, too bad.
    Well that's it, I'm blaming you for the closure and not talking them into taking it over.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Heading up to Shuswap to visit the in laws for the first time in 18 months. My wife is fairly relieved to finally get back up north. Her Canadian accent is even starting to come back a bit. Hopefully the fires in that area will calm down a bit and smoke will clear out with the shift in weather coming.

Yup, wifey had clear skies in Banff, but their drive to Jasper was too Smokey to see the mountains much. Supposedly one of the most beautiful stretches of highway on the planet….
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Heading up to Shuswap to visit the in laws for the first time in 18 months. My wife is fairly relieved to finally get back up north. Her Canadian accent is even starting to come back a bit. Hopefully the fires in that area will calm down a bit and smoke will clear out with the shift in weather coming.
    You might want to check EmergencyInfoBC before running the gauntlet. Lots of peek-a-boo (now we're open; now we're closed) highways and towns. The interactive map is more or less kept up to date.

There's also driveBC.ca for highway conditions and cameras.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yup, wifey had clear skies in Banff, but their drive to Jasper was too Smokey to see the mountains much. Supposedly one of the most beautiful stretches of highway on the planet….
    It had been good for a few days but rolled back in Friday night. Not much we can do about it. Hopefully it clears a bit for them while they are here.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It is...

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I was talking on the phone to a friend in Kamloops yesterday and he said the smoke is really bad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It is...
    Wow. On the list to see. Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

They are taking the huge four wheeled buses onto the glacier today, should be fun if it doesn’t crash.

Terrible day for visibility- thickest smoke we have had in a few weeks. Drove over highwood this morning. Couldn’t see any mtns....snow and rain forecasted for Tuesday. That should clear it out for a bit...

I recommend The Balkan in Banff for killer Greek food run by a long time local family.

The glacier bus tour was cancelled due to smoke...have any of you been to LaDuc?
    Anything interesting near there?

Hopefully they get a clear day. The glaciers are closest at that point. I always told visitors that'd want to focus their trip on a clear day for the icefields parkway. From LL to Jasper really is the highlight of most visitors trip

Are there any rad bike-friendly trails between those two points? Thinking about bringing the camper back next year. Or is it all National Park?

Nothing to exciting in Leduc. I assume they are flying out from Edmonton. If they still have a car they could drive about 30 minutes to the Univesity Botanical Gardens near Devon. It's quite nice.

It's all National Park on that drive but there are some short detours that are worth it. Nordegg area has some good trails, Banff/Canmore and Jasper have great riding and west of Jasper about an hour (20 minutes from Mt.Robson) is Valemounr and they have a great community run bike park, I am expecting a LeeLau tr on it, he was there this week..

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Nothing to exciting in Leduc. I assume they are flying out from Edmonton. If they still have a car they could drive about 30 minutes to the Univesity Botanical Gardens near Devon. It's quite nice.
    They drove, I’ll suggest it.