Page 39 of 122 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Julia Thompson, USA TODAY
    Tue, July 6, 2021, 4:50 AM

TORONTO — Pandemic restrictions on travel between Canada and the U.S. began to loosen Monday for some Canadians, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said plans to totally reopen the border would be announced over the next few weeks.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have had a full dose of a coronavirus vaccine approved for use in Canada can skip a 14-day quarantine that has been a requirement since March 2020. Eligible air travelers also no longer have to spend their first three days in the country at a government-approved hotel.

Restrictions barring all nonessential trips between Canada and the United States, including tourism, will remain in place until at least July 21.

Trudeau said the easing of the rules marks a "big step" toward reopening the border.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said plans to totally reopen the border would be announced over the next few weeks."

Pretty fuking obvious what this will look like. Vaccine required and testing upon return to Oh Canada. Won't be restrictions heading to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said plans to totally reopen the border would be announced over the next few weeks."

Pretty fuking obvious what this will look like. Vaccine required and testing upon return to Oh Canada. Won't be restrictions heading to the US.
    Me, I think they will wait until 75% Canadians are fully vaxxed before fully opening the border to international travel. But wtf do i know. We placin bets?
    27° 18°

The US fkd up. I guess its the lack of organization from a federal hc system. Some states have no records of what vax or how many vaxxes or even if they got vaxxed. Hard tp believe they wouldnt keep a record but it was far from organized. Thats their problem not ours. We've got our shit in a pile

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Me, I think they will wait until 75% Canadians are fully vaxxed before fully opening the border to international travel. But wtf do i know. We placin bets?
    I agree; 75% fully vaccinated and the border re-opens, followed by JT calling an election, all happening in late Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    The US fkd up. I guess its the lack of organization from a federal hc system. Some states have no records of what vax or how many vaxxes or even if they got vaxxed.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    The US fkd up. I guess its the lack of organization from a federal hc system. Some states have no records of what vax or how many vaxxes or even if they got vaxxed. Hard tp believe they wouldnt keep a record but it was far from organized. That's their problem not ours. We've got our shit in a pile
    Each county knows how many doses have been given, and their respective populations. There are some cross county shots and shots across state lines (me) but they have a pretty good rough idea. Easily enough to calculate % of population vaxxed within 1 or 2%
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I agree; 75% fully vaccinated and the border re-opens, followed by JT calling an election, all happening in late Sept.
    It makes sense to get 75% vaxed I think JT has said that already

Canucks don't mind getting Vaxed so i am betting it will be > 75%, probably closer to 85%

As for an election Erin the tool is dropping in the polls so the Liberals forming the next government is a pretty safe bet according to a credible news source

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...alling-behind/
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Each county knows how many doses have been given, and their respective populations. There are some cross county shots and shots across state lines (me) but they have a pretty good rough idea. Easily enough to calculate % of population vaxxed within 1 or 2%
    But does the Gov have the info to definitively say "yeah or nay" when a person rolls up to the border?

A Merican can roll up to the border and our CBSA can pull them up to see if they've had a DUI, can they do the same with vaccination?

My guess this has been part of the delay in re-opening. So our Gov is holding it closed till we have a sufficiently high national vaccination rate then it's going to go full open back to business. No vaccination questions, no quarantine, and no testing.

It's not just DUIs. I rolled up to the border and almost didn't get in. I was aware of the DUI problems but also knew mine was 25 years old and I had satisfied the canadian law with my punishment as well. Then he asked me about other stuff. i said I had a number of non serious run ins with law when I was 15-16 years old, mostly underage drinking. He then detailed each one and said I could come in this time, but i would have to get a waiver if I ever wanted to come back. He said he had the info but if I wanted it I would likely have to go to the county and go through microfiche records to fix it.

But to answer your question, I would say it depends if a vaccination card is enough. We all have proof of vaccination, although it would be easily counterfeited

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Source?
    Cant remember what article i read it in. I remember Mass, being mentioned. Anyone could roll in and get a shot, which is good, but no registry
    See shirks post below. There needs to be a registry to cross borders. Why wouldnt they do that. How hard would it be to have a registry and any shot be registered in the national registry. Seems pretty basic and wouldnt take much foresight to think itd be necessary at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    But does the Gov have the info to definitively say "yeah or nay" when a person rolls up to the border?

A Merican can roll up to the border and our CBSA can pull them up to see if they've had a DUI, can they do the same with vaccination?

My guess this has been part of the delay in re-opening. So our Gov is holding it closed till we have a sufficiently high national vaccination rate then it's going to go full open back to business. No vaccination questions, no quarantine, and no testing.
    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Why can't they have a office set up with one terminal connected to regional health district with a BC gov't employee. The other with a Fed connected to CBSA ( border guys) . You come up swipe health card like you do when you get vaxed. BC guy ( for BC) pulls you up con screen and confirms. The CSBA guy swipes passport and enters into system and stamps passport with a vax visa . Not sure what the fine /time is for misleading Feds on passport but would imagine something.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

It's not just DUIs. I rolled up to the border and almost didn't get in. I was aware of the DUI problems but also knew mine was 25 years old and I had satisfied the canadian law with my punishment as well. Then he asked me about other stuff. i said I had a number of non serious run ins with law when I was 15-16 years old, mostly underage drinking. He then detailed each one and said I could come in this time, but i would have to get a waiver if I ever wanted to come back. He said he had the info but if I wanted it I would likely have to go to the county and go through microfiche records to fix it.

But to answer your question, I would say it depends if a vaccination card is enough. We all have proof of vaccination, although it would be easily counterfeited
    That guy was likely utterly full of shit. If you ever had runs ins with the law, more than 30 years ago, you should contact your state for your criminal record. When mine came back, none of the juvenile stuff was on it nor was the DUI from 1977. I am pretty sure anything short of murder will not show before the mid 80's when computers became more the norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Source?
    jackstraw, i believe, said no one recoded his vax. i don’t see why it would be hard to believe some states did not keep records. and of the others, people might sue about info being released. shitshow.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

wasnt the issues getting thru cbsa due to 911 ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

County health records are fine here in the reddest of states. And no one is faking a vaccine card. Set a lifetime ban on anyone who tries and move on. The covidiots have no interest in claiming to be vaccinated, and the rare exception can be mounted on a pike. It'll all work out.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That guy was likely utterly full of shit. If you ever had runs ins with the law, more than 30 years ago, you should contact your state for your criminal record. When mine came back, none of the juvenile stuff was on it nor was the DUI from 1977. I am pretty sure anything short of murder will not show before the mid 80's when computers became more the norm.
    that's the point. they can find it. He wasn't making it up he detailed all of it, much of which I had completely forgotten. Freaked me out a bit to know what a fuckup I was at the time..

Canada should be closed until we get to the bottom of all the abuse of First Nations people in our century. Think about it - 1970 and they were rounding up 100's of thousands of children and separating them from parents and putting them in abusive neglectful 'residential schools'. It is horrific.

The Canadian government and the church have a lot of explaining to do. Cultural genocide. I don't think the average Canadian has any idea what was going on and to what extent right under our noses. Child Welfare Canada can also go to hell. Ware something orange. Ski with an Orange toque. Show your support.

OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

County health records are fine here in the reddest of states. And no one is faking a vaccine card. Set a lifetime ban on anyone who tries and move on. The covidiots have no interest in claiming to be vaccinated, and the rare exception can be mounted on a pike. It'll all work out.
    that’s great that the county records are good where you are. if it only it was tied in to a system that was easy to leverage that information, like a universal healthcare system.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    Canada should be closed until we get to the bottom of all the abuse of First Nations people in our century. Think about it - 1970 and they were rounding up 100's of thousands of children and separating them from parents and putting them in abusive neglectful 'residential schools'. It is horrific.

The Canadian government and the church have a lot of explaining to do. Cultural genocide. I don't think the average Canadian has any idea what was going on and to what extent right under our noses. Child Welfare Canada can also go to hell. Ware something orange. Ski with an Orange toque. Show your support.

I'd say many Canadians are well aware and your average Canadian is coming to grips with this dark part of our history. It's been headline news for weeks and the push for some kind of reconciliation has been discussed in parliament for years now. There is still a long way to go to officially recognize this genocide. Canada Day this year (our 4th of July, which happens on July 1) was a much more sober and subdued affair than in years past, given the recent discovery of mass unmarked graves and graves of children. In Montreal there was a rather large march with thousands of people wearing orange. I heard in the Capital (Ottawa) even, it was a rather quiet affair compared to years past. I've been to Ottawa on Canada day and it's usually a real shit show, so i was surprised to hear that. Yesterday the PM appointed a new governor general. An Inuk woman from northern Quebec. I watched the ceremony. Half her speech was in Inuk. She doesn't even speak French. Now for Americans, what the heck is a Gov General and who cares? The GG is appointed by the Queen (on the PMs recommendation) to represent the Crown in Canada. Before the PM calls an election, he must ask the permission of the GG. She is essentially our delegated head of state. You might criticize this as a paltry symbol, but it's a big step on a long, long road towards reconciliation.

Canada is a scam built on genocide and murder. And now people know it and have to come to grips with it.

By the way there is another Canada thread for this kind of stuff. Don't cross the threads man.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    That "75% goal" is a loaded metric to say the least.

We will not ever reach that "goal" if we include kids 12 and under that cannot get vaxxed, but are still germ factories and petri dishes for the greater population.

https://apnews.com/article/europe-co...77606e6b1a369b

"America's Hat" just listen to your drunk uncle. We are never eradicating this virus. Stop being a bunch of poutine eating pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    That "75% goal" is a loaded metric to say the least.

We will not ever reach that "goal" if we include kids 12 and under that cannot get vaxxed, but are still germ factories and petri dishes for the greater population.

https://apnews.com/article/europe-co...77606e6b1a369b

"America's Hat" just listen to your drunk uncle. We are never eradicating this virus. Stop being a bunch of poutine eating pussies.
    Just heard a Doctor interviewed on the news this AM saying that kids under twelve are less at risk of getting critically ill and less prone to spread the virus than older adults. Are you a Dr? I think I'll stick with the advise from medical professionals and tell my drunk uncle to fuck off.

Loaded metric! Ha! what the fuck are you talking about. Please elaborate and define "loaded metric". Or don't, I don't really care.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Just heard a Doctor interviewed on the news this AM saying that kids under twelve are less at risk of getting critically ill and less prone to spread the virus than older adults. Are you a Dr? I think I'll stick with the advise from medical professionals and tell my drunk uncle to fuck off.

Loaded metric! Ha! what the fuck are you talking about. Please elaborate and define "loaded metric". Or don't, I don't really care.
    The US and Canada are using a "vaccinated percentage" that excludes the population that is 12 and under as they are not cleared for the experimental vaccine.

The US for example has 48 million kids that are 12 and under. While a "Doctor" on the news told you that kids are less prone to spread the virus, they still spread viruses and are little perti dishes (remember why schools closed?) and should be included in the "vaccinated percentage" since these numbers the media are feeding us contribute to the end goal which is HERD IMMUNITY.

You do know what herd immunity is, right? The metrics should include the entire herd without exclusions, if that's the goal of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    that’s great that the county records are good where you are. if it only it was tied in to a system that was easy to leverage that information, like a universal healthcare system.
    i can't disagree that we need universal health care, but I don't see how that would make much difference here. It's not like we don't all already have an ss# that the info could be tied to.

Besides, why can't border patrol just use their phones to see if we're giving off a 5g signal?

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    Are there examples of people being this confident about something only to be proven wrong many years later? LOL Juuust asking cause you Pano-haters seem very very confident. Or is all this bluster you smarties trying to convince yourself that you are right?
    Carbon fiber break rotors.

Oh wait that might not have taken years to be proven wrong.