Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    In the last 14 days the US has had about twice the number of new cases per capita as Canada.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...international/

Though I assume the US cases are mostly driven by red southern states.

I'm not sure that's a big enough discrepancy to keep the border closed but let's not pretend we have similar case rates.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i think they lost Lytton completley
    Very sad. The place sets the record for all-time high temperature recorded in Canada and then is immediately wiped off the map. Jesus...

wonder how much of it burnt ? Lytton is the takeout for paddling the north Thompson which always seemed given to extremes, I paddled it in a labor day Snowstorm ... cold
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

More tourists no matter where theyre from is more possible transmission vectors. All my zones have had rhe sidewalls rolled up and put in storage.Because of the variant it makes sense to have a higher percentage with the second shot i would think

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

exaclty ^^ , we got 2 big construction projects on the go , several mines with people flying in/out and we are right on 1 of the 2 highways narth to AK

so even tho its the middle of nowhere and there isnt many people it is people on the move which is how Covid got around cuz it can't move by itself

I'm completley vaxed but i'm not doing any expediting or shuttle driving till next year, no real vacations ... lying low

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Happy Canada Day, Hosers!

Anything actually happening?
    Thanks eh! So in our little hamlet Canada Day celebrations got cancelled last minute. Found out last night via email from my band mate that our gig was cancelled (we were supposed to play a few sets between noon and 4 at our Heritage Park). A bit bummed, as I'd missed playing with the lads for a few years when I moved away. Then I get back to town and 6 months later covid... Oh well.

My feelings on the subject of "cancelling" Canada Day this year - I'm OK with it. It should be a time of reflection given the latest evidence on Residential Schools/Catholic church atrocities. Sure we're a great country but we have a past that we need to reconcile with. To those that stand on some neo conservative soap box and yell "stop the cancel culture!" I offer a heartfelt fuck you. We did some bad shit in our past and we need to learn about it and learn from it. Too bad I'll miss the big after-party and all the hot chicks, mazola, plastic sheets and cocaine though...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

exaclty ^^ , we got 2 big construction projects on the go , several mines with people flying in/out and we are right on 1 of the 2 highways narth to AK

so even tho its the middle of nowhere and there isnt many people it is people on the move which is how Covid got around cuz it can't move by itself

I'm completley vaxed but i'm not doing any expediting or shuttle driving till next year, no real vacations ... lying low
    Even with the miracle vaccine you're scared to join society..... Yup government propoganda has worked.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Erin the tool and the cons are too far right to form a government in Canada so its gona be Trudeau again

its tragic for sure but you can chose to not take Fentynal while you can't chose to not catch covid unless you isolate

not that Trudeau having a trust fund and being worht 13mil has anything to do with the border being closed
    You don't think government shut downs had anything to do with people overdosing??? How about the free money and nothing to do but sit around and stress out about the lies that everyone is going to die on the media?
    Blaming people for substance abuse during this bullshit is weak.

What does JT know about struggling to pay bills and feed a family? He has no clue about the common Canadians problems or how to fix them since he has never had them. His answer for business that rely on Merican tourists is to give them loans instead of revenue. Great more debt for an industry that struggles already.
    Local businesses can't hire staff since the crb pays more than what a typical frontline tourism job pays. Great idea JT, crb for votes....
    Just like weed for votes.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Why would anyone choose a trust fund raised person that has never had to work a day in his life over someone who put their life on the line for the country to run the country?

FDR and Churchill both did decent jobs--although the Brits were smart enough to vote the racist bastard out as soon as the war was over.
    What about being a soldier qualifies someone to run a country? One might argue that being part of an organization where orders are followed promptly and without question is the worst possible preparation for running a democracy. Ever notice how many of the world's dictators are military or ex military?
    (To be fair Churchill served in the military as well as being born rich.)

has there been a real increase on overdoses during the pandemic? we heard about suicide and then that didn’t happen. baby bumps? nope. i’m going to have to ask for a citation.

i did hear of one 25 year old (friends sister) in the hospital with delta after one AZ awhile ago in London.

And another sick 30yo with a variant in toronto - double vaxxed but didn’t know which.

it’s hard to say we are completely out of the woods, but i don’t know what impact this will have on the border if they stick to the criteria they mentioned.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Thanks eh! So in our little hamlet Canada Day celebrations got cancelled last minute. Found out last night via email from my band mate that our gig was cancelled (we were supposed to play a few sets between noon and 4 at our Heritage Park). A bit bummed, as I'd missed playing with the lads for a few years when I moved away. Then I get back to town and 6 months later covid... Oh well.

My feelings on the subject of "cancelling" Canada Day this year - I'm OK with it. It should be a time of reflection given the latest evidence on Residential Schools/Catholic church atrocities. Sure we're a great country but we have a past that we need to reconcile with. To those that stand on some neo conservative soap box and yell "stop the cancel culture!" I offer a heartfelt fuck you. We did some bad shit in our past and we need to learn about it and learn from it. Too bad I'll miss the big after-party and all the hot chicks, mazola, plastic sheets and cocaine though...
    Government already paid out 1.5billion dollars to indigenous people for residential schools a few years ago.
    This isn't new news but the media sure has jumped on it now. Since they are losing steam on covid scare tactics.
    Yes it's tragic, but cancelling Canada Day celebrations is bullshit. Be proud of our country and the people who fought for our way of life.
    The government and church need to be held accountable starting with JT apologizing for his father's part in the residential schools.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FDR and Churchill both did decent jobs--although the Brits were smart enough to vote the racist bastard out as soon as the war was over.
    What about being a soldier qualifies someone to run a country? One might argue that being part of an organization where orders are followed promptly and without question is the worst possible preparation for running a democracy. Ever notice how many of the world's dictators are military or ex military?
    At least soldiers had to come up through the ranks so they can appreciate both giving orders and taking orders. I doubt Trump ever needed to take many orders.

Looks like the right wing youtubes are still effective

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    has there been a real increase on overdoses during the pandemic? we heard about suicide and then that didn’t happen. baby bumps? nope. i’m going to have to ask for a citation.

i did hear of one 25 year old (friends sister) in the hospital with delta after one AZ awhile ago in London.

And another sick 30yo with a variant in toronto - double vaxxed but didn’t know which.

it’s hard to say we are completely out of the woods, but i don’t know what impact this will have on the border if they stick to the criteria they mentioned.
    Site won't let me add the link but yes over 40%increase.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    In the last 14 days the US has had about twice the number of new cases per capita as Canada.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...international/

Though I assume the US cases are mostly driven by red southern states.

I'm not sure that's a big enough discrepancy to keep the border closed but let's not pretend we have similar case rates.
    The real question is what is the case rate among the US fully vaccinated? Answer: SUPER LOW

If Canada only lets in the fully vaccinated, with a negative test to boot, then the average tourist will be far less hazardous to the Canadian community spread than the average Canadian is!

Happy (or Somber?) Canada Day!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It shows a person is willing to give up his life for his country and the people who live there.
    Not like a trust fund baby who has never had to fight or work for anything.

Even with the miracle vaccine you're scared to join society..... Yup government propoganda has worked.

I'm careful and I havent got Covid, are you willing to get covid and show us that its just the flu?

people have been OD'ing on Fentynal before covid was a thing

I'm careful and I havent got Covid, are you willing to get covid and show us that its just the flu?

people have been OD'ing on Fentynal before covid was a thing
    I haven't stopped living my life, don't want it but not fucking hiding in my basement because of it. I don't need to prove anything to anyone and it would not make a difference, you have been brainwashed and I'm sure nothing is going to change your mind.

Yes there have been od in the past but all of a sudden deaths increase by over 40% during a government shut down. Again the lockdowns have created more problems than they have solved. More debt, more bankruptcy, more od's, kids losing almost 2 years of education and life in general.

Yes it's tragic, but cancelling Canada Day celebrations is bullshit. Be proud of our country and the people who fought for our way of life.
    That's Remembrance Day. Canada Day is the anniversary of the day when the first three colonies joined to form the Dominion of Canada, aka the date of Confederation.

Frankly, it is appropriate that the injustices the indigenous people of North America were forced to endure at the hands of Christian European Colonists is at least discussed and acknowledged on this day (and others), but I agree that canceling it - especially after these last fifteen months - isn't the best approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That's Remembrance Day. Canada Day is the anniversary of the day when the first three colonies joined to form the Dominion of Canada, aka the date of Confederation.

Frankly, it is appropriate that the injustices the indigenous people of North America were forced to endure at the hands of Christian European Colonists is at least discussed and acknowledged on this day (and others), but I agree that canceling it - especially after these last fifteen months - isn't the best approach.
    For sure, specific days for specific events but July 1 for me is to show my pride and thanks by celebrating.

Remembrance Day I honor the people who died so I can live my life the way I do, No celebrating.

I haven't stopped living my life, don't want it but not fucking hiding in my basement because of it. I don't need to prove anything to anyone and it would not make a difference, you have been brainwashed and I'm sure nothing is going to change your mind.
    what a pussy, you should face it like a man to quote Bolsanaro

Think of all the antibodies you git

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    At least soldiers had to come up through the ranks so they can appreciate both giving orders and taking orders. I doubt Trump ever needed to take many orders.
    Trump was sent off to military school and apparently loved it, although as far as we know his life was never in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The real question is what is the case rate among the US fully vaccinated? Answer: SUPER LOW

If Canada only lets in the fully vaccinated, with a negative test to boot, then the average tourist will be far less hazardous to the Canadian community spread than the average Canadian is!
    Maybe safer from Covid, but don't forget about gunz.

Re suicide. The number went down in 2020. https://www.axios.com/suicide-decrea...864a24449.html

Trump was sent off to military school and apparently loved it, although as far as we know his life was never in danger.

Maybe safer from Covid, but don't forget about gunz.

Re suicide. The number went down in 2020. https://www.axios.com/suicide-decrea...864a24449.html

That report came from the CDC; that's Faucci outfit so their could be a credibility concern.

If JT doesn’t want to re-open, maybe we can get Jay and Joe to just move the border north? Next Seattle Mayor can run on 54-40 or Fight!
    Time to bring the brake bumps back to the bike park.

"Quebec reported 69 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday "

nice
    27° 18°