Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    4!?!? That sinner started young!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

You guys seem pretty bored up there without us. All this border control and self-centeredness is a lose-lose situation. Where's panodude gonna get hydroxychloriquine? It's not like you guys are producers. And sure, you might prevent some independent patient zeros from sneaking in and slow down the spread of a few variants, but if you don't have someone to blame how's XXXer gonna keep up his shtick? Mental health has real implications, too.

As usual, though, your friendly neighbours to the south have figured this out for you. All you have to do is copy Hawaii. You're welcome, mon chapeau. You're welcome.

Mahalo eh!

Over the past decade several cross tunnels have popped up in the Okanagan. Generally used to move people and cargo south. Maybe they could reverse the flow. It’s an alternative option. A working understanding of Spanish and some spare cash is recommended.

Pretty sure that was all tongue in cheek. I lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    You would think that after the last few years, Americans would have finally come to some sense of humility. Guess not...

And they wonder why the world hates them.
    The last few years was the first time in 4 decades that the US did not start a regime change war or increase the number of US soldiers on foreign soil. Biden though with the bombing in Syria has returned things to the way the US normally rolls.

Dano all about the orange shit gibbon. MCGA!

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Pretty sure that was all tongue in cheek. I lolz
    I figured ironical jingo was the accepted tone of the thread, but there is one nugget of truth in there: Hawaii really does have this figured out. And they face some similar challenges. They're probably ahead on fully vaxed, but the attempting influx of lower 48ers is likely similar to worse.

We visited HI a couple months ago and the whole thing felt quite safe for them and for us. They weren't in any rush to drop masks, and thanks to minimized contact/outdoor settings there just aren't that many situations where that mattered. Incoming visitors have to register on the state's website ahead of time, negative tests were required to get on the plane, and showing vax cards skipped the temp check line, which seems pretty reasonable considering the usefulness of temps. Definitely no red state, but their cases were down to 2/100k/day last time I looked.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

So temp checks on the way back? 'cause I could see some haole with a raging sunburn after 2 weeks lying on the beach flunking a temp check.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    So temp checks on the way back? 'cause I could see some haole with a raging sunburn after 2 weeks lying on the beach flunking a temp check.
    What for? They're all returning someplace where checks are only for northbound border crossers.

Although, to be fair, the odds of catching it as an average tourist in HI really do seem miniscule given widespread precautions, low risk activities and low rates. Felt really safe two months ago and their rate is down two-thirds since then (albeit with a brief spike along the way). Contact tracing could start to be useful soon, and coming from community spread I'd argue that's the goal--can't become New Zealand without that. In Canada, too? Gotta limit the patient zeros.

Wasnt there a spike in new cases for you guys? 150k/day? Variant factory waiting. Everyone chill here now it seems. Showed ip at the parlk and I was the only one at the bike park with a mask. Mt coaster was packed with families. Patios full all thru town. Guess its over. NZ for life

Dano all about the orange shit gibbon. MCGA!

What's happened to him since I left his trailer at tod after smoking a fatty back in '97. Jesus, MCGA indeed... fuck.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The last few years was the first time in 4 decades that the US did not start a regime change war or increase the number of US soldiers on foreign soil.

this is not true and also very trumptarded. please keep this thread on topic and check out the trumptarded thoughts thread where you could spend you energy better trying to persuade hearts and minds (while we enjoy a good laugh).

TIA
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Wasnt there a spike in new cases for you guys? 150k/day? Variant factory waiting. Everyone chill here now it seems. Showed ip at the parlk and I was the only one at the bike park with a mask. Mt coaster was packed with families. Patios full all thru town. Guess its over. NZ for life
    Who guys? In that red state to your south we had all the spikage anyone needs ("new cases" falling while deaths climb and active cases are strangely constant) but I don't see where that 150k/day number has been crossed except going down.

Xenophobia seems to be spiking everywhere, though. In Hawaii they're using this opportunity to ensconce some of it in laws. You seeing any of that in the great white north at all?

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The last few years was the first time in 4 decades that the US did not start a regime change war or increase the number of US soldiers on foreign soil. Biden though with the bombing in Syria has returned things to the way the US normally rolls.
    What was January 6 but an attempt at regime change?

Also there's this
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...mbined-2020-10

Also there's this
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...early-20-years
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Who guys? In that red state to your south we had all the spikage anyone needs ("new cases" falling while deaths climb and active cases are strangely constant) but I don't see where that 150k/day number has been crossed except going down.

Xenophobia seems to be spiking everywhere, though. In Hawaii they're using this opportunity to ensconce some of it in laws. You seeing any of that in the great white north at all?
    Been busy, just saw a blurb on the news. The 150ish/day figure might have been for the whole country. Still seems high? Idk. News said a spike but i wasnt really paying attention.
    Not seeing any abnormal xenophobia. A few more things i guess. Some wierdo in calgary was threatening some muslim girls in broad daylight .'berta and TO probably lead in that regard but i dont think theres a rash of incidents. A big city thing if anything.We're a pretty mixed bag up here though. 2 official languages and various ethniciities/cultures well represented in gov't. Are mouthbreathers a culture? Theyve got some representatives. Too many but theyve been put in place for the most part

If the number was right it must have been another country. Not the whole US for months now. A minute on worldometer is actually really encouraging (if you're not looking at other continents).

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    this is not true and also very trumptarded. please keep this thread on topic and check out the trumptarded thoughts thread where you could spend you energy better trying to persuade hearts and minds (while we enjoy a good laugh).

TIA
    I couldn't stand Trump when he had his TV show and I still think he is a narcissistic blowhard bully. However I never contracted the Trump Derangement Syndrome and thus I am able to recognize when he does something worthwhile.

Just saw a high school friend that now lives in Vancouver (I think) who got the astra zeneca first dose in mid april and the moderna second dose yesterday. Is this common (both the time difference and mixed doses)?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Just saw a high school friend that now lives in Vancouver (I think) who got the astra zeneca first dose in mid april and the moderna second dose yesterday. Is this common (both the time difference and mixed doses)?
    Canada has no drug manufacturing of its own and made several mis-steps initially acquiring vaccines so a decision was made to get as many people vaccinated with the 1st shot and then administer the 2nd shot after 4 months instead of 4 weeks. Since then more vaccines have become available so lots of folks are getting the 2nd shot after 2 or 3 months.

Fauci told NBC that of nearly 10,000 US deaths in June, “about 99.2% are unvaccinated. About 0.8% are vaccinated. No vaccine is perfect. But when you talk about the avoidability of hospitalisation and death, it’s really sad and tragic that most of these are avoidable and preventable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cases-vaccines

according to this liberal rag its not a good time to be a mouth breathing anti vaxing republican
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    I know we had our differences ~100 pages ago (I was definitely offended, but am definitely over it), but I've got a serious question for you (and applicable to all covid skeptics). Not harassing/trolling you either - I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts:

If the pandemic/covid is a scam and/or overplayed by governments (propoganda, fear-mongering, etc.)...what could possibly be the motivation for that? Resulting lockdowns/restrictions/etc have caused nothing but devastation to economies the world over. What is to be gained by mis-representing the situation?

So in the US, Trumpers claimed the whole pandemic was a "democratic hoax", with the aim of harming Der Fuerer (Mr. Trump, of course). This struck me as the most un-worldly, moronic viewpoint I could imagine, since...EVERY SINGLE FUCKING COUNTRY IN THE WORLD has had/is having a covid crisis (ok, on some level it is plausible that every single country would like to see Trump gone, LOL - but pretty fkn unlikely they could all coordinate for the effort, etc, etc).

So if the pandemic is a sham, or otherwise blown out of proportion by the US, Canada, and presumably the entire world...what gives with that? Why would they do that?

I'm honestly very interested to hear your thoughts on that.
    I don't think covid is a "hoax" but I do think it could been handled way differently. Yes it is a bad virus for the old, the sick or unhealthy people. For healthy people it's not a death sentence.

The bullshit is that all people need a vaccine. Just isn't true, yes some people do need it. Why would someone who already had covid need a vaccine? It's been proven they have natural antibodies. Kids? Very rare for them to die or get severely sick. Why vaccinate them immediately? I would not risk the long term health of my child.
    There have been so many lies from government and health authorities on how many people actually died from covid not just died with covid that the numbers are skewed. Many hospitals have admitted to putting covid as the cause of death for more money. Why would I believe anything they tell me?
    The silencing of health care people for speaking out against the government and its agenda of vaccinations is also a red flag. Many many health care people have concerns but won't publicly say it because of repercussions. This is wrong to limit/restrict freedom of thought and speach. WRONG!

Then the 2 sets of rules for protesting. Why is it ok to organize protests for gays, trans or blacks with no arrests but a protest against mandatory vaccines or lockdowns gets the heavy handed treatment from the police? More bullshit, more red flags.

Our Governments seem to refuse to even look at the possibility of a treatment other than the vaccine. Why? Ivermectin has shown amazing possibilities with zero harm done since it's been in use for many years and the cost is pennies. Why not give everyone a couple doses? This is a Pandemic right? About keeping people from dieing right? Doing everything you can right? What would it hurt? Nothing but the bottom line of the Pharma companies and it's shareholders.
    The propaganda has worked as you can see in this thread, anyone with a concern about the mnra vaccine or a different view on treatment is labeled as a "mouth breathing anti vaxxer".
    I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks so I have no problem saying how I feel, but lots of other people don't want to be criticized so they stay quiet. I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind on here, I speak up so others who are not comfortable with the vaccine don't think they are stupid or think they should follow the herd onto the train.....
    Why has this happened? Fucked if I know, I'm just a guy who isn't going to put an experimental vaccine in my body and has zero trust in governments.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    You're a misguided fool. Think about this Einstein - 95% of the people on this board disagree with you. Peer reviewed science disagrees with you. So you figure you and your 5% brethern are the informed, not fooled by the media, wise men? No you're not. You and your ilk are the brain-washed dipshits here, not us. Grab a brain and quit thinking Rebel Media is a fucking news source. Jesus christ, you embarrass me (as a Canadian).
    95% of people on a fucking ski forum? That is hilarious Gary, You are really high on yourself. If the subject was about skiing or snow safety I would openly listen to yours and or others opinions.
    There are many Peer reviewed studies out there with other opinions but conveniently they get pulled off the internet. You don't see the issue with this?

we don't have blacks protesting here its the FN that you forgot to complain about

we could probably figure out which conspiracy theorists and which sites you are following just by your rants but whatever

if you get sick do let us know so we can say told you so
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I don't think covid is a "hoax" but I do think it could been handled way differently. Yes it is a bad virus for the old, the sick or unhealthy people. For healthy people it's not a death sentence.

The bullshit is that all people need a vaccine. Just isn't true, yes some people do need it. Why would someone who already had covid need a vaccine? It's been proven they have natural antibodies. Kids? Very rare for them to die or get severely sick. Why vaccinate them immediately? I would not risk the long term health of my child.
    There have been so many lies from government and health authorities on how many people actually died from covid not just died with covid that the numbers are skewed. Many hospitals have admitted to putting covid as the cause of death for more money. Why would I believe anything they tell me?
    The silencing of health care people for speaking out against the government and its agenda of vaccinations is also a red flag. Many many health care people have concerns but won't publicly say it because of repercussions. This is wrong to limit/restrict freedom of thought and speach. WRONG!

Then the 2 sets of rules for protesting. Why is it ok to organize protests for gays, trans or blacks with no arrests but a protest against mandatory vaccines or lockdowns gets the heavy handed treatment from the police? More bullshit, more red flags.

Our Governments seem to refuse to even look at the possibility of a treatment other than the vaccine. Why? Ivermectin has shown amazing possibilities with zero harm done since it's been in use for many years and the cost is pennies. Why not give everyone a couple doses? This is a Pandemic right? About keeping people from dieing right? Doing everything you can right? What would it hurt? Nothing but the bottom line of the Pharma companies and it's shareholders.
    The propaganda has worked as you can see in this thread, anyone with a concern about the mnra vaccine or a different view on treatment is labeled as a "mouth breathing anti vaxxer".
    I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks so I have no problem saying how I feel, but lots of other people don't want to be criticized so they stay quiet. I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind on here, I speak up so others who are not comfortable with the vaccine don't think they are stupid or think they should follow the herd onto the train.....
    Why has this happened? Fucked if I know, I'm just a guy who isn't going to put an experimental vaccine in my body and has zero trust in governments.

That's some fuct up MAGA moronic bullshit right there

Were you born in Alabama?

You paint with a very wide "stoopid" brush