Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3042
    If variant numbers and icu numbers keep climbing as they are in the lower 48 we can discuss this a bit more and possibly iron it out by next year

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

With the ability of the virus to endlessly mutate the best thing would be if Biden ordered the military to distribute 7-10 billion vaccines around the globe so that covid could be exiled into the dustbin of history. Their budget was just increased, and since no one wants to go to war with the country that eradicated covid, plus all of the other reasons, it just makes sense.

If Joe does that, I'll bike over to JT's house and let him know that America is cool again.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    If variant numbers and icu numbers keep climbing as they are in the lower 48 we can discuss this a bit more and possibly iron it out by next year
    A stat I heard last week is that 97% of people hospitalized in the U.S. due to Covid are unvaccinated.

Pffft, I still don't see September flights to BC on Alaska Air. WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Hold on. No one said the border will open on August 21st. That's the earliest it could possibly open, but it's not a given right now. I'm also not sure why there's an assumption that both the Canadian and Mexican border would need to open at the same time.
    Well its a bit confusing depending on where you look. Some state at least the Aug 21 but most sources are linking the borders , Canada and Mexico.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Well its a bit confusing depending on where you look. Some state at least the Aug 21 but most sources are linking the borders , Canada and Mexico.
    I think it's just because both borders closed at the same time and have remained closed since then, but I see no reason they'd both need to open at the same time.

A stat I heard last week is that 97% of people hospitalized in the U.S. due to Covid are unvaccinated.
    Antibodies are trailing off. Some vaccinated are catching the rona. We'll need booster shots. How many we'll never know with 30million mutant neighbors mutating up new and more deadly variants as our vax antibofies dwindle.
    Some days/months/years ya just dont want visitors. Especially visitors with irresponsible out of control kids

I think it's just because both borders closed at the same time and have remained closed since then, but I see no reason they'd both need to open at the same time.
    That's pretty simple , it would be racist to treat white people ( Canadians) any different than brown people ( Mexicans) esp since the brown people didn't have the $ to buy the vac. That was putting it very bluntly but I would almost put money on it that the two borders will open at the same time. Domestic politics in US trumps common sense in almost all cases. That happens in most countries. The Mexican diaspora in US would be incensed that the white people border opened before the brown people border.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

All of this border closure bullshit is politics. Mexicans are the largest group of immigrants in the US, about 25% of all immigrants in the US. Mexico is the third largest trading partner with the US, behind only China and Canada (and Canada it's basically tied). I don't have stats but a massive amount of Mexicans that enter the US legally each day (pre-pandemic) are doing so with work authorizations, mainly to work in agriculture (which means they have continued to enter the US during the pandemic per the "essential worker" rule). So it would look really bad to allow some uppity yuppy from Vancouver to make his Trader Joe's run but not let Mexicans in to visit their family. If we're going to let some unvaccinated dip shit from Missouri take their summer road trip to Mt Rainier, I have no problem letting any Mexican with a valid visa in as well.

Fair points.

Im all for resettling the unvaxxed on an island and they can only enter the mainland for 2 days for supplies and must wear a hazmat suit

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    That's pretty simple , it would be racist to treat white people ( Canadians) any different than brown people ( Mexicans) esp since the brown people didn't have the $ to buy the vac. .
    However, the vax are free, even in México (if you can find them).
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, the vax are free, even in México (if you can find them).
    I didn't mean the individual I meant the country not having the cash to get the vac.

I thought that was what you were referring to, but I wasn’t sure.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    All of this border closure bullshit is politics. Mexicans are the largest group of immigrants in the US, about 25% of all immigrants in the US. Mexico is the third largest trading partner with the US, behind only China and Canada (and Canada it's basically tied). I don't have stats but a massive amount of Mexicans that enter the US legally each day (pre-pandemic) are doing so with work authorizations, mainly to work in agriculture (which means they have continued to enter the US during the pandemic per the "essential worker" rule). So it would look really bad to allow some uppity yuppy from Vancouver to make his Trader Joe's run but not let Mexicans in to visit their family. If we're going to let some unvaccinated dip shit from Missouri take their summer road trip to Mt Rainier, I have no problem letting any Mexican with a valid visa in as well.
    Ok but there is a wrinkle in this as the vac rate in Mexico is in the 20% range with pretty high vac hesitancy and a real salad bar of different vaccines including AZ, sino, sputnik so lots that are not that effective against delta and not approved in US. So yes agree that family visits are way more important than Trader Vic runs and picking up packages at Ship Happens the risk profile for Mexican visitor is different from a highly vaxxed Canadian.( going to Sumas to pick up some cheap gas and milk and MF cheese)

plus their schedule is quite prolonged
    June 2021 - March 2022 : People 19-39 years old (children under 18 are exempted from vaccination)
    They are heading into a new wave without much in the way of vaxx. which doesn't seem will end well.

Im all for resettling the unvaxxed on an island and they can only enter the mainland for 2 days for supplies and must wear a hazmat suit

Side benefit is that takes care of the homeless population problem too. I like the way you think.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

It seems like there's an opportunity for a reality show here.

Im all for resettling the unvaxxed on an island ....
    Australia is nice ....
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

It seems like there's an opportunity for a reality show here.
    I could nominate a king for them. They just have to change a full diaper on occasion

I could nominate a king for them. They just have to change a full diaper on occasion
    You're fired.

Antibodies are trailing off. TGR Forums mobile app
    Maybe, but antibodies are far from all that creates immunity (basically what I'm saying is: this is an uninformed assumption). There is no reason to assume the already-vaxed need boosters.

Breakthrough cases are at levels less than expected from the trials (unless you believe the Israel study, which seems quite flawed and is not peer-reviewed). We just need more and more vaccine mandates - that is what will fkn get things under control.

I think they are coming to the conclusion that maybe people without a robust immune system may require booster. Now there is a ethical question do you "waste" valuable vax production capacity to vax old white Americans ( maybe Canadians etc) who would benefit with a slightly lower death rate or use that capacity to vax the world and most likely save more lives and end this sooner for humanity?

Spent the arternoon at O'Hare yesterday, and all the Air Canada flights were full and headed to "Americas Hat".

Meanwhile O'hare was as busy as I've ever seen it with unwashed and unvaxxed 'Mericans.

Thing is, without a global rollout of the vax, who cares what our first world vaccination percentages are?

Tell that to all the new icu inductees genius

Tell that to all the new icu inductees genius

Fuck em. If not previously vaccinated, should be sent home to die.