Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Here comes the 75% number again HAHAHAHAHA. That number is not based on science, but rather politcial. Included in these 47 pages is exactly why that number is bullshit.

You are referencing a political number pulled out of their asses while toeing the party line. Not science. You have a word for those that blindly follow their politicians?

While you admonish others, there are some serious blind spots in your logic.
    What % of fully vaccinated individuals should Canada be shooting for to ensure that there is no further burden on the healthcare system then? I've been hearing 70-80% since April 2020, but our sources of information likely differ.

Here comes the 75% number again HAHAHAHAHA. That number is not based on science, but rather politcial. Included in these 47 pages is exactly why that number is bullshit.

You are referencing a political number pulled out of their asses while toeing the party line. Not science. You have a word for those that blindly follow their politicians?

No Asspen, the number was based on some science and more specifically the R0 value (how many other people on average an infected person goes on to infect) assigned to the virus, albeit that is somewhat dated now as the 75% number was for the less transmissive 1st wave strain vs the newer Delta variant, now looking at 85-90% for "herd" immunity as the R0 has climbed from ~2.5 to ~7-8 with the Delta.

https://fortune.com/2021/07/08/alpha...covid-variant/

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...328-3/fulltext

And The missing parameter across the 2 articles you posted is complete vaccination vs. partial vaccination. The first UK one is reporting on all deaths recieving at least 1 dose; the US article uses full vaxxed vs. single dose+unvaxxed in it's analysis. See those above links for more on variants the breakout in symptomatic infection and hospitalization with 1 vs 2 doses of different vaccine(s).
    Move upside and let the man go through...

26000 or 695 per million pop pales in comparison to killing off 600,000 american or 1900 per million, it seems like pretty good logic to me ??

what was that, is it china's fault Teresa Tam the top epidemiologist is after after all from Hong Kong?

but we could have had those numbers if we wanted
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hopefully they will allow for under 12 unvaccinated kids to accompany families. My in laws in Calgary are dying to see our kids (over 12yos all fully vaccinated) but we have an 11yo who can't be vaccinated yet. Hoping to get to the cabin at Shuswap with them this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you want in cuz of yer freedumb & you think money will get you in but for 47 pages we been telling you NO cuz America has not embraced the epidemiology in a meaningful way so then we get to shit talk you, consider if you didnt keep whining for 47 pages you wouldn't get shit talked

JT is basing the border being openned on the science which we been telling you for those 47 pages which should happen in a month, 75% fully vaxed population against people who arent vaxxed

BTW JT is on track to get re-elected this fall so he doesnt want to blow the openning and he doesnt need to because a huge majority of Canadians are Ok with the border being closed against disease ridden americans (I couldnt resist another dig )

BTW the border openning is only a plan so alot of things have to still happen like keeping track of whom is unvaxed from all the countries in the world and it could all still go sideways especialy if you believe as I that the Feds could fuck up a wet dream

its almost like there are other countries in the world ?
    Yah I was mostly just fucking with you. You can say that America hasn’t embraced epidemiology but you’re bragging about taking a vaccine that we developed… not sure what the science is behind allowing vaccinated Americans in earlier than other countries. JT could probably answer that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Yah I was mostly just fucking with you. You can say that America hasn’t embraced epidemiology but you’re bragging about taking a vaccine that we developed… not sure what the science is behind allowing vaccinated Americans in earlier than other countries. JT could probably answer that for you.
    aha so are you bragging bout America being smart enough to develop a vax

but also America collectively not being smart enough to actualy take it ?

I think your takaway should be the border is closed to anyone who is not vaxxed

VAXED Americans will be allowed 1st likely for purely economic reasons

there is a huge amount of Canada-USA-Mexico cross border trade in the order of hundreds of millions

something Trump never really understood, he just wanted to win something

aha so are you bragging bout America being smart enough to develop a vax

but also America collectively not being smart enough to actualy take it ?

I think your takaway should be the border is closed to anyone who is not vaxxed

VAXED Americans will be allowed 1st likely for purely economic reasons

there is a huge amount of Canada-USA-Mexico cross border trade in the order of hundreds of millions

something Trump never really understood, he just wanted to win something
    Yah I am not sure where you see me bragging about anyone not taking the vaccination. I am absolutely proud that we developed and produced the vaccination so that you all could take it if you so please. My take away from the border opening is 100% what you said it should be. Doesn’t mean the follow the science vs follow the money people can’t both be wrong.

I feel like half of my interactions with the Canadians in this thread has been us yelling the same thing at each other. I’m starting to think you’re actually Russian bots.

Ya I was mostly just fucking with you

So how do you feel about the collective being too stupid TO take the vax?

The money people will open anything to make a buck and then lose it all on the shutdown

i would rather follow the science over god or money

Ya I was mostly just fucking with you

The money people will open anything to make a buck and then lose it all on the shutdown

i would rather follow the science over god or money
    I think most of them have made politics their god and they need to start thinking with their brains. It’s sad that something good like a vaccine had to be made political and people have flocked to their chosen sides like sheep.

My kids can’t get vaccinated yet and I have friends that are being advised not to because of other medical conditions. It’s pretty selfish to let politics drive most of these decisions.

when/if the US/CND boarder opens for non-essential travel, will the restrictions be the same for both directions?

IE most of the info, news is letting US into CND.

but what about MY fall road trip to UT? can that happen?

Yeah, you'll be good to go. The current requirements for fully vaxxed Canadians returning to Canada is a test within 72 hours before you hit the border, a test at the border, and a place/plan to quarantine (if required).

I saw a car with BC plates here today, driven by someone who clearly didn't know their way around town.

We feel like they're morans, but at some point all we can do is move on because there's nothing else we can do.

No, but there's a bunch of us who don't like the alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartwright View Post
    Funny, we feel the same about Covidians.
    Serious question: Is there anyone in Canada who likes Trudeau?
    the more relevant question might be " does anyone like the alternative ? "

the Alternative is " the Conservative party of Canada " which are not " the Progressive Conservatives " of old which dissolved in 2003 ,

the Conservative party of Canada contains a fair number of whacko nut jobs that no body in Canada identifys with , they do not have enough support they are not capable of forming the next government, the right needs to move left but they think they are right, right ?

my favorite line was from Peter Mackay who could have lead the Cons but wisely backed away from the game, he more or less said " the cons need to rid themselves of the stinking albatross of social conservatism " with referance to the rime of the ancient mariner ... that line sez it all

if you wana read more goggle Macleans magazine which is the maple syrup/ poutine infused version of Time magazine

it will tell you Trudeau/ the liberals are ahead in the polls and will most likely form the next government
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-17-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    We feel like they're morans, but at some point all we can do is move on because there's nothing else we can do.
    then why do we need to splain for the last 48 pages why the border is still closed to them and by default you ?

Wtf, 8500 new cases in florida today. Thsts just floriduh. Do we really want to open.
    NB has had zero new cases in almost 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

then why do we need to splain for the last 48 pages why the border is still closed to them and by default you ?
    I think it's primarily to annoy your barely literate ass.

who is annoying whom for the last 48 pages ?

As long as the border is closed im going to ho out on a limb and say its the muricans that are most annoyed

most of them don't even want to come cuz they can't bring their guns they just wana have the freedumb to come

I’m both triggered and annoyed. I need a safe place.

Relatively safe here but sorry. Maybe hawaii?

most of them don't even want to come cuz they can't bring their guns they just wana have the freedumb to come
    I've noticed your posts are getting a lot more stupid. You may want to see a neuroligist to get a baseline of your brain health for early detection of dementia. That is if you can get an appointment to see somebody within the next couple years.

Its absolutely true though. Some in rhe thread have admitted it and trg is just a small sample and mostly left leaning. People that would be more than welcome otherwise. The old dont kill the msger, kill the msg rings true

well I've noticed people are actualy more impressed by something stupid than a well thot out & researched post

so I'm just playing to the masses

which happen to be mostly american