Page 65 of 122 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3042
    Their excuse will be "lots of stuff got approved only to later be discovered to be harmful"

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    In regards to kids getting covid I personally think it’s likely that they were getting it previously and just not getting tested or not showing real symptoms. I know of a lot of kits all under the age of 5 who have had it now and their symptoms were a runny nose. My two kids have been tested in the double digits because pretty much every symptom is the same as a common cold for a kid.

I think they are getting it and not being effected by it the same as older people so they aren’t being tested. The numbers we all see are positive tests not actual cases. It’s a very safe assumption that the number of untested positives is much higher in a population that doesn’t show the effects of the disease as severely.
    They're not. Govt here did some asymptomatic testing and found that the amount of COVID in schools reflected the amount in the community. Kinda showed that schools weren't a huge driver of transmission, but also that not a lot of children were getting COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Ok-dipshit-lets feed them an experimental drug that we don’t know the long term effects. There is a reason they have not approved it for kids....

Look at the stats- very few kids have gotten covid and even less have had severe symptoms.

Stop with the fear monging....people no longer can critically think for themselves. It all starts with turning off the evening news....
    What's the reason they haven't approved it for kids then? Please enlighten me - how does the Health Canada approval system work? I'm sure I've missed something.

Critically thinking for myself involves trusting people who are experts on certain subjects to tell me what their findings are, and what actions I should be taking. It certainly doesn't involve watching youtube videos on the toilet and drawing conclusions from that. Try watching funny cat videos instead of "WhAt ThEy ArEnT tElLiNg YoU aBoUt MrNa" the next time you take a shit, and leave the medicine stuff to the ones who actually know what they're talking about.

But you won't - because you've got this allllllll figured out.

In regards to kids getting covid I personally think it’s likely that they were getting it previously and just not getting tested or not showing real symptoms.
    Sweet work internet epidemiologist. I'll be sure to stay tuned to your personal opinions when I critically analyse the latest reports.

I know of a lot of kits all under the age of 5 who have had it now and their symptoms were a runny nose. My two kids have been tested in the double digits because pretty much every symptom is the same as a common cold for a kid.
    Again, solid work with your sample size and double blind research. Sounds like you're ready to publish.

[QUOTE=josef;6374574]
    I think they are getting it and not being effected by it the same as older people so they aren’t being tested. /QUOTE]

On a roll it appears! Great critical thinking here and your 15 years of post secondary education and multiple degrees and published articles would indeed give you a basis for your profound conclusions. Please tell us more.

IThe numbers we all see are positive tests not actual cases. It’s a very safe assumption that the number of untested positives is much higher in a population that doesn’t show the effects of the disease as severely.
    Yes of course. The in depth research you have done on this subject through multiple peer reviewed published articles on facebook would suggest positive cases are not actual cases. With your extensive experience in laboratories and performing clinical trials throughout the world, you could indeed be relied on to provide "safe assumptions" on this pandemic. Thank you ever so much for your enlightened insights to this pandemic! You should talk to Mofro, bet he could get you on with his work crew.

Fuck.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

"Kinda showed that schools weren't a huge driver of transmission, but also that not a lot of children were getting COVID." - I'm not sure I get your point? I think it makes sense to take some time and make sure a vaccine is safe for kids before mandating it as a condition of school attnedance. That could happen within days/weeks, but what's the rush if kids are not overwhelmingly at risk or putting others at risk right now?

By the way, for any Americans planning to enter Canada I noticed Coast hotels allow reservations to be canceled till 4:00 on the day of your arrival, so they make a convenient place to reserve for your quarantine plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    "Kinda showed that schools weren't a huge driver of transmission, but also that not a lot of children were getting COVID." - I'm not sure I get your point? I think it makes sense to take some time and make sure a vaccine is safe for kids before mandating it as a condition of school attnedance. That could happen within days/weeks, but what's the rush if kids are not overwhelmingly at risk or putting others at risk right now?
    They wanted to find out if:
    a) there were a lot of asymptomatic children in schools
    b) if schools were a major driver of transmission

They found that
    a) there weren't, the % positive in schools was about the same as % positive in the general community
    b) because of the results of a, they concluded that schools weren't a major factor in transmission. They absolutely do contribute to transmission, yes, but not in an alarmingly significant way

Had nothing to do with vaccine/etc. I was just providing some actual evidence that josef's theory was incorrect.

To answer your question though - yes, kids so far have not been seriously affected by COVID that we know of. They are, however, unprotected. As current and new variants are able to infect a greater proportion of vaccinated people, it is imperative that children are vaccinated as soon as possible. I'd sign mine up for the trials if I could. They're sitting ducks.

Full approval (for Pfizer) is supposed to happen around October. Jan 2022 at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Ok-dipshit-lets feed them an experimental drug that we don’t know the long term effects. There is a reason they have not approved it for kids....
    Honest question for you - there's a strong chance that the vaccine will be approved for kids 12 and under sometime this winter. Will you be changing your tune at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    By the way, for any Americans planning to enter Canada I noticed Coast hotels allow reservations to be canceled till 4:00 on the day of your arrival, so they make a convenient place to reserve for your quarantine plan.
    I'd also like to mention that all Coast Hotels have those sweet Bidets from Japan that spray your butthole with warm water. And for those that are full of shit, if you relax enough it works like a colonic.

[QUOTE=garyfromterrace;6374699]Sweet work internet epidemiologist. I'll be sure to stay tuned to your personal opinions when I critically analyse the latest reports.

Again, solid work with your sample size and double blind research. Sounds like you're ready to publish.

I think they are getting it and not being effected by it the same as older people so they aren’t being tested. /QUOTE]

On a roll it appears! Great critical thinking here and your 15 years of post secondary education and multiple degrees and published articles would indeed give you a basis for your profound conclusions. Please tell us more.

Yes of course. The in depth research you have done on this subject through multiple peer reviewed published articles on facebook would suggest positive cases are not actual cases. With your extensive experience in laboratories and performing clinical trials throughout the world, you could indeed be relied on to provide "safe assumptions" on this pandemic. Thank you ever so much for your enlightened insights to this pandemic! You should talk to Mofro, bet he could get you on with his work crew.

Fuck.
    Hahaha tell me how you really feel Gary…

A little more on the ArriveCAN process. It did accept my second attempt down-loads and proceeded through pages of questions. After satisfying that stuff, I was asked for my quarantine location, specific to Canada. The U.S. Embassy information page does not indicate a requirement for a 14 day quarantine but does state you have to have your vaccine proof uploaded to ArriveCAN. The ArriveCAN process can't be completed without a quarantine location in Canada and I got an e-mail this morning affirming they need this data. So should I make the 5 hour drive to the border with the hope they will allow entry? And which of the mixed signals
    (No quarantine if you're vaxed/ valid COVID test vs. ArriveCAN stipulating I need a quarantine location) will be right? It would suck to get turned away at the border but won't know unless I go.
    Appreciate insights or knowledge on this. Is this 14 day quarantine still in effect for travellers meeting the current entry requirements or is ArriveCAN in error?

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    A little more on the ArriveCAN process. It did accept my second attempt down-loads and proceeded through pages of questions. After satisfying that stuff, I was asked for my quarantine location, specific to Canada. The U.S. Embassy information page does not indicate a requirement for a 14 day quarantine but does state you have to have your vaccine proof uploaded to ArriveCAN. The ArriveCAN process can't be completed without a quarantine location in Canada and I got an e-mail this morning affirming they need this data. So should I make the 5 hour drive to the border with the hope they will allow entry? And which of the mixed signals
    (No quarantine if you're vaxed/ valid COVID test vs. ArriveCAN stipulating I need a quarantine location) will be right? It would suck to get turned away at the border but won't know unless I go.
    Appreciate insights or knowledge on this. Is this 14 day quarantine still in effect for travellers meeting the current entry requirements or is ArriveCAN in error?
    Why not just provide the quarantine address, and ask for clarification at the border when you get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Honest question for you - there's a strong chance that the vaccine will be approved for kids 12 and under sometime this winter. Will you be changing your tune at that point?
    Guaranteed not.

Live update from the peace arch crossing: My brother and SIL (both dual citizens living in WA) just crossed.

They said about 1 out of every 3 cars were turned away.

Also, the "random" covid test at the border turned out to mean everyone. Canadians and non-Canadians were segregated.

The border guys were very interested in the quarantine plan, and liked that they had a hotel room booked. They also asked the age of the family members being visited - specifically are they old/vulnerable.

Hahaha tell me how you really feel Gary…
    You're full of shit and have no basis for providing anything but an ill-informed opinion.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

the new rules are in effect. i could see them saying no quarantine after a negative test if they decide to give you one of those but none of this shit makes any sense.

i heard the border was running an hour and a half slow yesterday but no lines today if that factors at all.

good luck.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Here's my take: you need the quarantine plan because you could test positive at the border. If that happens you will need to quarantine (or return to the U.S.--the rules specify that you may leave Canada as long as you are asymptomatic). Basically at this point it's a "cover your ass" thing. They need a contingency for anyone that tests positive.

I feel like they really should have only required a quarantine plan for those arriving by air, but they didn't.

Still early days of open border with viral bureaucracy. Some hiccups are expected. It's not like they've had months to figure this out in advance, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    You're full of shit and have no basis for providing anything but an ill-informed opinion.
    Haaa well he did ask

Amazing how all the deniers just present their wishlist as scientific facts. Brosef still thinks he made valid points

As for the rest , it stinks of entitlement that they think theyre justified in entering another country , skirting around rules of another country in the face of a spreading epidemic from a country that has lost all control over the spread ,and in a lot of cases not even acknowledging any problem. Pretty much your legacy as a nation to this point. Congrats
    If you want to make a move, move to limit travel of texans and floridians until they get their shit together or die off. Much like we should be doing to 'muricans

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Haaa well he did ask

Amazing how all the deniers just present their wishlist as scientific facts. Brosef still thinks he made valid points

As for the rest , it stinks of entitlement that they think theyre justified in entering another country , skirting around rules of another country in the face of a spreading epidemic from a country that has lost all control over the spread ,and in a lot of cases not even acknowledging any problem. Pretty much your legacy as a nation to this point. Congrats
    If you want to make a move, move to limit travel of texans and floridians until they get their shit together or die off. Much like we should be doing to 'muricans

I’m not sure if you’re claiming I’m a denier or not? I am in no way a denier of the virus. Never have been. That being said this is a ski forum and I’ll give any sort of opinion on it I want. I never claimed to be an expert of any sort. I add my anecdotal observation. If you guys get your panties in a bunch about that I don’t really give two shits.

@grinch
    That's one way to look at it. Another - from the perspective of someone living in a border town - is that there are many cross-border families that have been isolated from their relatives by an arbitrary set of rules. (ml242, L2G, mine, and at least a half dozen I know IRL) And to add insult, the arbitrary application of said rules, mixed with 'I just made that up' rules when dealing with the border guards.

Once a person is fully vaccinated, recently tested twice, or thrice, and has the plan/ability to quarantine in the highly unlikely event it becomes necessary, they pose no danger to anybody. And some of those people have very valid reasons to enter Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    They will be soon. What's your excuse then?
    You made an incorrect statement. I fact checked you. You were wrong.

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    @grinch
    That's one way to look at it. Another - from the perspective of someone living in a border town - is that there are many cross-border families that have been isolated from their relatives by an arbitrary set of rules. (ml242, L2G, mine, and at least a half dozen I know IRL) And to add insult, the arbitrary application of said rules, mixed with 'I just made that up' rules when dealing with the border guards.

Once a person is fully vaccinated, recently tested twice, or thrice, and has the plan/ability to quarantine in the highly unlikely event it becomes necessary, they pose no danger to anybody. And some of those people have very valid reasons to enter Canada.
    Its not like we arent seperated within our own country. We couldnt visit some other provinces to see family and it may happen again. Virus dont care about your entitlement.
    How did all that testing work out for olympians entering japan? Virus dont care about olympics either
    The situation is very fluid. Wants and needs are 2 very different things reliant on the state of the epidemic at any one time. I'm suggesting now is not the time. Have some measures in place that show some results on stemming the spread of the variant. Wait for the decision on vaxxes for under 12 and devise some type of plan whether its getting the roll out of the vax for the kids or a way to protect them and their families. At the very least see how bad this spread will progress and the new level of health issues it seems to be creating. With the border opening now its hard to evaluate what the effects of the variant are, relative to the original, and pivot to protect adequately

I’m not sure if you’re claiming I’m a denier or not? I am in no way a denier of the virus. Never have been. That being said this is a ski forum and I’ll give any sort of opinion on it I want. I never claimed to be an expert of any sort. I add my anecdotal observation. If you guys get your panties in a bunch about that I don’t really give two shits.
    Ya we knew youre not bright enough to understand the effects of misinformation, even after all the results we've seen in recent years. Pretty obvious actually. Also obvious that you'll continue to not understand, as i stated at the end of my post. Congrats brosef, you are indeed a denier of atleast something

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    How did all that testing work out for olympians entering japan?
    Quite well considering athletes weren't even required to be vaccined, unlike those entering Canada are. Yes, some athletes and staff tested positive, but they were quickly identified and quarantined. I think it worked exactly like it was supposed to.

In retrospect Trudeau probably jumped the gun with delta starting to dominate. I bet if he'd waited a couple more weeks he would have postponed the opening.