Page 29 of 122 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    You are talking about MCGA which as far as I know is made up (again we don’t hear anything about Canada down here except for the occasional PM black face photo).

My point stands that a big chunk of this thread has been Canadians talking about how stupid or evil Americans are and they don’t want them to visit their country. If you can’t see the parallels between that and the rhetoric coming from maga rally’s about Mexicans coming to America then I can’t help you.

You should know that I still love your country and believe you should keep it closed as long as you please. Hopefully it’s open sooner rather than later.
    Seems like kind of an apples-to-chevrolets comparison

You are talking about MCGA which as far as I know is made up (again we don’t hear anything about Canada down here except for the occasional PM black face photo).

My point stands that a big chunk of this thread has been Canadians talking about how stupid or evil Americans are and they don’t want them to visit their country. If you can’t see the parallels between that and the rhetoric coming from maga rally’s about Mexicans coming to America then I can’t help you.

You should know that I still love your country and believe you should keep it closed as long as you please. Hopefully it’s open sooner rather than later.
    Rather than "dumb" you could classify them as "ignorant". There is a higher % of scientific ignorance in the US in regard to covid, ideologically based ignorance. You have just over 50% fully vacconated and its not much higher of a % of the people with one shot. We have 80% woth atleast one shot. We've bought into the science. You said yourself that your ignorant to the facts of what is going on outside your border. That doesnt mean there isnt a lot of great people below the border, obviously there are, or non ignorant people, again obviosly there are. It says the risk , based on the % of ignorance, is there. Again youve admitted that to a degree

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Rather than "dumb" you could classify them as "ignorant". There is a higher % of scientific ignorance in the US in regard to covid, ideologically based ignorance. You have just over 50% fully vacconated and its not much higher of a % of the people with one shot. We have 80% woth atleast one shot. We've bought into the science. You said yourself that your ignorant to the facts of what is going on outside your border. That doesnt mean there isnt a lot of great people below the border, obviously there are, or non ignorant people, again obviosly there are. It says the risk , based on the % of ignorance, is there. Again youve admitted that to a degree

According to John Hopkins Canada has 23.4% of your population fully vaccinated. That’s 8.8MM people. It also says the US has 46.2% of its population fully vaccinated or 151.6MM people. That sounds off so maybe it’s fake news…

CNN does their metric by doses per 100 people. It has the US at 96 and Canada at 91.

The vaccines seem to have been much more available in the US than Canada so maybe that’s where you’re getting your differing numbers from.

It’s just on this day in history it’s particularly difficult to stomach the holier than though rhetoric.

According to John Hopkins Canada has 23.4% of your population fully vaccinated. That’s 8.8MM people. It also says the US has 46.2% of its population fully vaccinated or 151.6MM people. That sounds off so maybe it’s fake news…

CNN does their metric by doses per 100 people. It has the US at 96 and Canada at 91.

The vaccines seem to have been much more available in the US than Canada so maybe that’s where you’re getting your differing numbers from.
    46.2 fully vaccinated despite the availability of the vaccine. It just doesnt look like it sill reach 75% fully vaccinated.
    We have 80% with one shot and a late start getting vaccines. If we hsve 80% with one shot and now a ton of available vaccines its safe to assume we'll have atleast 80% fully vaccinated soon. Border opening depends on risk exposure. Pretty simple really

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    On the plus side, I no longer need a barber. I can do a proper haircut on my own head now in 15 minutes. Been cutting my dad's hair too and he has actually gotten compliments. I take this monthly savings and spend it on beer, and now I don't have to go and sit and listen to my old barber's dumb rambling anti-science bullshit anymore. It's great!
    THIS.

I bought a haircut kit and now I cut my own hair. Fucked up the first time so I buzzed it to start over (Djongo saw me and laughed his ass off). But now I have it down pat and I look pretty good. I don’t think I will ever pay a barber again. More money for beer/weed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

"3rd wave"

"Delta Variant"

We won't see you Canucks until your populace finally sacks up and tells Justin to suck it.

I think once we reach 80% with both shots things will loosen up. Wont be long. Nova Scotia is even doing that for the rest of the country wanting to visit, for a few more days

if therewas an election tomorrow JT would be back in for 4 more, for now Justin is keeping the Americans from ourselves, has a single Canadian in this thread voiced the opinion that they want to let diseased Americans roam at will above the 49th ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Good point. With the roll vax roll out JT is looking untouchable. We all want better things for indigenous and military and police reform and thats important but its not quite the priority as containing the rona. He's nailed it on that front at the same time as the conservative premiers shot themselves in the foot continually. They made it ez for him to look good

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    if therewas an election tomorrow JT would be back in for 4 more, for now Justin is keeping the Americans from ourselves, has a single Canadian in this thread voiced the opinion that they want to let diseased Americans roam at will above the 49th ?
    me. I'd prefer our usual USA guests/visitors to any from Quebec and the lower mainland at least they come with money and don't steal everything on their way through
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

This whole thread reads like a Canadian version of a MAGA rally…. “Build the wall!”
    So you say the thread sounds like a MAGA rally

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Not in your fucking life. Any stupid cocksucker who voices a "MCGA" sentiment in this country is immediately pegged as an idiot redneck goof. So no this doesn't read like a make canada great again rally. Canada didn't used to be that great (see residential schools), we're getting better and making reparations.

Swing and a fucking miss Josef.

This whole thread reads to me like a "no one up here is rushing to open the southern border until we don't think a bunch of lying covid infected douchbags is going to come up here and contaminate us" rally.
    I call bullshit

I feel like you’re making something up here and then arguing with yourself…
    You call bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Really?
    Explain this.
    I call bullshit

Then you say I made up some shit about MCGA. Well mate because you said the thread sounds like a MAGA rally.
    Round and fucking round we go. You're wrong. No canuck posting here is saying anything like the fucking idiotic bullshit rhetoric that is MAGA.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I will say it, open the fucking gates. Fuck off with the masks and the bullshit vaccination propaganda.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good point. With the roll vax roll out JT is looking untouchable. We all want better things for indigenous and military and police reform and thats important but its not quite the priority as containing the rona. He's nailed it on that front at the same time as the conservative premiers shot themselves in the foot continually. They made it ez for him to look good

He hasn't nailed shit, only someone who watches CBC regularly would think this way.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I will say it, open the fucking gates. Fuck off with the masks and the bullshit vaccination propaganda.
    ok there's the ^^ one

i believe buddy is also antivax/ qanon so ... almost american anyway

Haaaa sorry pano, you wack bud. Good choice in bikes but it ends there.
    Its pretty obvious the numbers stack up for covid and measures taken. So obvious in fact that it would parallel the yearly stats that prove global warming is in fact happening but we still have deniers there too. Not much i can say other than i hope you gain some proper insight in to it as well as why you believe crazy shit

The Trudeau government dropped the ball when it came to procuring vaccines. First they partnered with a Chinese drug manufacturer who it turned out was controlled by the CCP who quashed the deal. Then the JT government partnered with an Indian company that as it turns out, desperately needed the vaccines for its own population.

So with a limited supply of vaccines for Canadians a decision was made to focus on getting as many people vaccinated with the first shot and then instead of giving the 2nd shot after 4 weeks, it was give the second shot after 4 months. Currently with more vaccines now available that 4 months between shots is shrinking to 2 or 3 months.

80% of adult Canadians should be fully vaccinated by some time in Sept so that is when I expect the border to reopen. And then Trudeau will call an election. I already have my bright red ball cap: "Make Trudeau a Drama Teacher Again.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The Trudeau government dropped the ball when it came to procuring vaccines. First they partnered with a Chinese drug manufacturer who it turned out was controlled by the CCP who quashed the deal.
    Yeah, that was absolute idiocy.

I already have my bright red ball cap: "Make Trudeau a Drama Teacher Again.
    Haha, love it. Good to see you posting here old friend, hadn't seen much of you on here lately.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Overall, despite the early scrambling, as a country i think we're doing pretty well. Not oceanic well but we're not far behind.
    Im no JT fanboi but the cons wouldve fkd it up with the open everything too soon and kick backs to their corporate sponsirs because thats the trickle down con playbook. I hope the minority liberal gov't continues on with the ndp keeping them honest. Now is not the time for right wing kooks. Its fkn 40c for the forseeable future

I agree ^^ Canada was behind the 8 ball for awhile but things have come on strong

In the end america had/has all the vaccines but till fucked up getting those shots in arms due to idiot leader/ the rugged individualism of the american people or who knows what the fuck ?

Not huge JT fan but he is anyone but the tool and he was any one but Sheer and anyone but Harper before that

I don't think the cons want an election right now either cuz they KNOW they would lose

The vaccination rate variations by state are fucking outrageous. Vermont leads with 85% of adults with at least one shot and 75% fully vaxxed. In Mississippi those numbers are 46% and 38%, respectively. It's mostly the Southeast states bringing up the rear, but fucking Wyoming is only at 49% and 43%.

....Name:  download.jpeg.jpeg
Views: 1003
Size:  2.7 KB

The Trudeau government dropped the ball when it came to procuring vaccines. First they partnered with a Chinese drug manufacturer who it turned out was controlled by the CCP who quashed the deal. Then the JT government partnered with an Indian company that as it turns out, desperately needed the vaccines for its own population.

So with a limited supply of vaccines for Canadians a decision was made to focus on getting as many people vaccinated with the first shot and then instead of giving the 2nd shot after 4 weeks, it was give the second shot after 4 months. Currently with more vaccines now available that 4 months between shots is shrinking to 2 or 3 months.

80% of adult Canadians should be fully vaccinated by some time in Sept so that is when I expect the border to reopen. And then Trudeau will call an election. I already have my bright red ball cap: "Make Trudeau a Drama Teacher Again.
    Do you have any sources for this? It's my understanding that this is not exactly what happened, but whatever. I really can't see this going any better than it did given that Canada is solely reliant on importing vaccines from other countries. There are other less wealthy countries who went with a single-source route and it's failing them in spectacular fashion. Canada's strategy of buying a shitton of vaccines from anyone willing to sell them is what's saving us.

My question is this: The "drama teacher" thing gets brought up as such a zinger of an insult so often - why do the Trudeau-haters think him having other jobs before starting his political career is a bad thing? What is bad about being a teacher? Is it the subject, drama, that is so concerning? Is this why him teaching Math and French is never mentioned? Do you not think teaching is a respectable job? Considering the childish behaviour that politicians need to deal with (and dole out), it seems pretty fitting to me to have that in one's repertoire.

And which party has a candidate who would do a better job? Is it the PC's? I really know nothing about Erin O'Toole - did he at least have a few other jobs before politics? Preferably not ones where he had to be an egotistical CEO of a mediocre company?

EDIT: Just looked it up myself. So he was a military guy after university and flew in a Sea King helicopter at one point (the massive BALLS on this man, he's lucky to be alive!), then became a lawyer. Fuck that, I'll take the teacher-guy who also taught kids how to snowboard who seems to enjoy being involved in milquetoast scandals every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    My question is this: The "drama teacher" thing gets brought up as such a zinger of an insult so often - why do the Trudeau-haters think him having other jobs before starting his political career is a bad thing?
    Exact same tactic used against Obama. The Republicans made a big deal that he had been a "community organizer" at one point. Of course if you've been a career politician they'll also use try to use that against you.

i think ny has a congresswoman that used to tend bar.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi