Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    15,000 US truck drivers enter Canada each day right now. I'd love to see what their vaccination rate is? And I bet they comply with Canada's mask rules just as well as they did back home.
    More interesting would be to know what their travel patterns are. I would imagine they neither have time nor money to do much but go from origin to destination, with stops for food and gas. It's not like they are staying in fancy hotels and congregating in crowded tourist areas and shopping. It's well known that if you have business in across the border, you can get across. no surprise here.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Wow. News to me and likely many canucks on here. The US is here to save the day and provide necessary goods to your resource extraction/service based economy.

"They're hereeeee!" :Poltergeist voice:
    put up a picture of the stars n stripes and que the the Star spangled banner
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "compare." Canada certainly has amazing natural wonders, too. Have you been to Yoho, Banff or Jasper just for starters?

By the way, Trudeau made comments yesterday that make me skeptical that the border will reopen in July:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...slators-499713
    Yes of course. I'm just giving them the business, Wally. No reason these Canucks should be allowed to continually disparage America and act morally superior without a little pushback. Canada is faaaar from perfect, and they owe the U.S. a lot more than they'd like to admit.

But it's all in good fun eh?

Its not like those trucks are returning to the US empty or full of wood or mineral ore. There are a ton of Canadian manufactured goods exchanged with the US in a very interdependant economy.

There is a tremendous influx of

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    You live in Utah and you're complaining about the vaccination rate of Californians coming there???
    I'm not complaining. There is a tremendous influx from California and New York. Lots of people with kids came here so they could go to school. It is good and bad. Good for all of the vacation rentals that now are on year long leases. Bad for local kids who were on sports teams and saw their spots taken by college prospects coming to town so they could play their senior year. It's covid and it's weird. Amazing for home prices, really bad if your looking to buy.

My poorly written post was attempting to say, If you have the shot, why are you spending time worrying about everyone else. All of my family has been dosed. Now I will live my life until the next variant is outside the shot.

Spending time bashing Americans, or Canadians just is weird for me. To make it political is also weird for me. "Serves you right, you elected Trump", is a weird mind set. There are people out there both of our countries have dealings with who kill people based on their religion or sexuality. Spending times on Crazy Canadians or fat Americans is just noise. It makes for good South Park, but not much beyond that.

If Canada wants to close it's borders, it's their right. If we want to close ours, the same. This virus will be everywhere on the globe forever.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yes of course. I'm just giving them the business, Wally. No reason these Canucks should be allowed to continually disparage America and act morally superior without a little pushback. Canada is faaaar from perfect, and they owe the U.S. a lot more than they'd like to admit.

But it's all in good fun eh?
    Imagine being Canadian and having to listen to this holier than thou attitude every day. I think Prime Minister Zoolander is keeping the border closed to thumb his nose at our neighbors.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I'm not complaining. There is a tremendous influx from California and New York. Lots of people with kids came here so they could go to school. It is good and bad. Good for all of the vacation rentals that now are on year long leases. Bad for local kids who were on sports teams and saw their spots taken by college prospects coming to town so they could play their senior year. It's covid and it's weird. Amazing for home prices, really bad if your looking to buy.

My poorly written post was attempting to say, If you have the shot, why are you spending time worrying about everyone else. All of my family has been dosed. Now I will live my life until the next variant is outside the shot.

Spending time bashing Americans, or Canadians just is weird for me. To make it political is also weird for me. "Serves you right, you elected Trump", is a weird mind set. There are people out there both of our countries have dealings with who kill people based on their religion or sexuality. Spending times on Crazy Canadians or fat Americans is just noise. It makes for good South Park, but not much beyond that.

If Canada wants to close it's borders, it's their right. If we want to close ours, the same. This virus will be everywhere on the globe forever.
    Hard to argue with logic. Solid post.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    More interesting would be to know what their travel patterns are. I would imagine they neither have time nor money to do much but go from origin to destination, with stops for food and gas. It's not like they are staying in fancy hotels and congregating in crowded tourist areas and shopping. It's well known that if you have business in across the border, you can get across. no surprise here.
    It's also not like there aren't goods flowing both ways across the border
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Well, praise Jeebus!
    "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Thursday Canada could start allowing fully vaccinated Americans into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel"
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ated-americans

Gotta like that America first policy…. I guess JT doesn’t have as much contempt for the USA as the masses on TGR.

Good news. Living in a state with just one state border but two provinces (three if we get the ferry going) pretty stoked. September road trip to maritimes looking likely and there’s a bc park in Quebec friends visited in’20 I hope to check out this Winter. Of course good to have mags coming down to Jay the Whites and Katahdin this Winter and OLd Orchid Beach just isn’t the same without you

woot, let’s go skiing!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

For sure man let’s do it. Northern Greens Whites or katahdin down here. Jacques Cartier chic chocs up North seems we have options

Well, praise Jeebus!
    "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Thursday Canada could start allowing fully vaccinated Americans into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel"
    Itoadaso.

Now, the question is whether or not our pal Asspen will continue to be extremely butthurt about the border closure to a country he apparently never wants to visit between maga rallies.

Time for a VT beer run. The USA time-out is over.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    For sure man let’s do it. Northern Greens Whites or katahdin down here. Jacques Cartier chic chocs up North seems we have options
    I would like to go back to mines mid to late march. Let me know by Sept if you're interested.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Gotta like that America first policy…. I guess JT doesn’t have as much contempt for the USA as the masses on TGR.
    you want in cuz of yer freedumb & you think money will get you in but for 47 pages we been telling you NO cuz America has not embraced the epidemiology in a meaningful way so then we get to shit talk you, consider if you didnt keep whining for 47 pages you wouldn't get shit talked

JT is basing the border being openned on the science which we been telling you for those 47 pages which should happen in a month, 75% fully vaxed population against people who arent vaxxed

BTW JT is on track to get re-elected this fall so he doesnt want to blow the openning and he doesnt need to because a huge majority of Canadians are Ok with the border being closed against disease ridden americans (I couldnt resist another dig )

BTW the border openning is only a plan so alot of things have to still happen like keeping track of whom is unvaxed from all the countries in the world and it could all still go sideways especialy if you believe as I that the Feds could fuck up a wet dream

its almost like there are other countries in the world ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Itoadaso.

Now, the question is whether or not our pal Asspen will continue to be extremely butthurt about the border closure to a country he apparently never wants to visit between maga rallies.

Time for a VT beer run. The USA time-out is over.
    I voted for Jo....

https://theconversation.com/most-cov...arm-you-163671

The US is saying the opposite...

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Who do we trust?

Every thing i read in Canada is also saying 99% of the people in ICU for Covid are unvaxed

But assuming you are American ... you don't listen to anyone

Asspen if you read those two articles there shouldn't be any confusion there..

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you want in cuz of yer freedumb & you think money will get you in but for 47 pages we been telling you NO cuz America has not embraced the epidemiology in a meaningful way so then we get to shit talk you, consider if you didnt keep whining for 47 pages you wouldn't get shit talked

JT is basing the border being openned on the science which we been telling you for those 47 pages which should happen in a month, 75% fully vaxed population against people who arent vaxxed

BTW JT is on track to get re-elected this fall so he doesnt want to blow the openning and he doesnt need to because a huge majority of Canadians are Ok with the border being closed against disease ridden americans (I couldnt resist another dig )

BTW the border openning is only a plan so alot of things have to still happen like keeping track of whom is unvaxed from all the countries in the world and it could all still go sideways especialy if you believe as I that the Feds could fuck up a wet dream

its almost like there are other countries in the world ?
    Here comes the 75% number again HAHAHAHAHA. That number is not based on science, but rather politcial. Included in these 47 pages is exactly why that number is bullshit.

You are referencing a political number pulled out of their asses while toeing the party line. Not science. You have a word for those that blindly follow their politicians?

While you admonish others, there are some serious blind spots in your logic.

you can trust both. England (the first article) is reporting on those who received 'at least one shot' while the ap article about the US is reporting on 'fully vaccinated' people. In England they had a policy of getting everyone the first shot without worrying so much when they get the second. England also has a much much higher percentage of it's population with at least one shot, which changes the math dramatically.

In other words, the two articles are related, in the same way that apples and oranges are both fruit.

why do you have such a hard on for the 75% number. Most scientific studies I have read say between 70% to 80% to return to a prepandemic lifestyle. There IS a requirement to have some sort of number to inform policy, so they chose 75%. It's not magic, it's just a number.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Well, praise Jeebus!
    Not holding my breath. When it is officially announced as open, I will buy the plane tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

You just read the headlines, eh?

Typical American.