Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That would be nice. What I want to know right now is what are the repercussions of not taking the random test? Do you get blacklisted next time you try to cross? Is anybody really tracking it and giving that info back to the border guards?
    I have no answers, but I would like to know too.

Mostly I'm just hoping those sorts of annoyances are done by this summer when I want to make a few trips up north. I'm vaxxed and happy to wear a mask as needed, but paying $150/person for a PCR test and then having to deal with "random" testing at the border means I won't make it up there much.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I have no answers, but I would like to know too.

Mostly I'm just hoping those sorts of annoyances are done by this summer when I want to make a few trips up north. I'm vaxxed and happy to wear a mask as needed, but paying $150/person for a PCR test and then having to deal with "random" testing at the border means I won't make it up there much.
    I don't want to tempt fate (or Canada) but I suspect (hope) it's not fully random. My wife and I just got through without being selected and I think having a short plan (which matched our history) may have helped. Only encountered friendly Canadians, good snow and weak coffee.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I don't want to tempt fate (or Canada) but I suspect (hope) it's not fully random. My wife and I just got through without being selected and I think having a short plan (which matched our history) may have helped. Only encountered friendly Canadians, good snow and weak coffee.
    I think it's random. I've been selected twice and I've always had my "papers in order" and have a Nexus card.

Sounds like the Coutts crossing is basically shut down by truckers protesting vaccine mandates. I was not aware.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...-truck-convoy/

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think it's random. I've been selected twice and I've always had my "papers in order" and have a Nexus card.
    I'm not saying they don't use a random element, I just think they either leave them with discretion or have some guidelines on when not to "roll the dice." I'm definitely not suggesting they're doing it punitively or when things aren't in order.

I haven't found our specific scenario addressed publicly by Canada, which is why I speculated about discretion--if I do find that I will post it (if it's not out there I'm gonna stick with some vagueness--so far I got nothing).

I think it's random, but like, 80% of people crossing are randomly selected. Kinda like how Omicron sort of randomly infects people, but don't be surprised when you're name gets called.

Stupid nazi truck protest isn't helping this. If they remove testing requirement now it'll look like capitulation to these yahoos.

My guess is they change things around March 10, or maybe in Ontario for March break. But who knows, really.

I just lost the omicron lottery and tested positive yesterday on a pcr test, so far mostly tired and aches but basically a cold. I have a trip to bc planned the first week of March, per the website a >15 day old positive pcr tests means I don’t need a negative arrival or day 8 test. Has anyone done this and can report it works?

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I just lost the omicron lottery and tested positive yesterday on a pcr test, so far mostly tired and aches but basically a cold. I have a trip to bc planned the first week of March, per the website a >15 day old positive pcr tests means I don’t need a negative arrival or day 8 test. Has anyone done this and can report it works?
    Lucky bastard (assuming you stay relatively healthy and get past it).

I asked the same question a few pages back, and a few folks replied and said it was super easy. Just make sure to document the positive test in the ArriveCan app and bring paper proof with you.

That’s what I was hoping to hear. Seems mild so far and I think the whole family has it so hopefully we get a week of suck then get on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Lucky bastard (assuming you stay relatively healthy and get past it).

I asked the same question a few pages back, and a few folks replied and said it was super easy. Just make sure to document the positive test in the ArriveCan app and bring paper proof with you.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sounds like the Coutts crossing is basically shut down by truckers protesting vaccine mandates. I was not aware.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...-truck-convoy/
    Interesting

cbc discussion this morning is really interesting about trust and government, and especially about getting rid of the border testing to redeploy the 600m a month to something more useful.

a couple weeks of this and it’s done.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    cbc discussion this morning is really interesting about trust and government, and especially about getting rid of the border testing to redeploy the 600m a month to something more useful.

a couple weeks of this and it’s done.
    Agree, there definitely seems to be a lot of momentum - both around border control rumors and local govt's (here in CO) - about managing the pandemic/endemic by requiring vaccinations and not depending on testing.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I just got back from a trip and one of our four skiers had a 14 day old positive PCR result (it's now just >10 days and <180 days btw) and he got in no problems.

In fact, all four of us got in with no issues at the Paterson crossing, three of us with negative NAAT test results and one with a two week old positive result. None of us were selected for the random testing, and in fact the very friendly border guard told us that we were lucky because it's a "massive pain in the ass" to take the random crossing test. We also encountered nothing but friendly canadians, many of whom were very interested in hearing our border crossing stories.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post
    I just got back from a trip and one of our four skiers had a 14 day old positive PCR result (it's now just >10 days and <180 days btw) and he got in no problems.

In fact, all four of us got in with no issues at the Paterson crossing, three of us with negative NAAT test results and one with a two week old positive result. None of us were selected for the random testing, and in fact the very friendly border guard told us that we were lucky because it's a "massive pain in the ass" to take the random crossing test. We also encountered nothing but friendly canadians, many of whom were very interested in hearing our border crossing stories.
    Nice! Glad it was a pleasant experience.

Is the Paterson crossing open 24 hours?

Wanted to add my most recent experience with crossing the border at Blaine/The Peace Arch. Arrived at the border around 1 pm on Sunday afternoon. There were three other cars and two open lanes. Border agent asked for ID, proof of negative test, and asked all the usual questions. My buddy and I won the "additional virtual screening" sweepstakes and both got a take home test. Registering with the LifeLabs system was a big PITA. It wouldn't recognize our passwords to log in, asked us to re-register, then would sent us in a "an account already exists" link to which it asked us to reset our password, which then didn't take. After manually typing in the URL on the form and not the one provided by the LifeLabs website, we managed to get it sorted. He got the last available virtual appointment on Sunday night and I had to make mine for Monday night. Swabby test with a virtual helper wasn't too bad, but felt odd as we just tested 72-hours before. Whatever. Canada let us in and we skied pow. Can't wait to go through the double test routine again soon to get some value out of my Epic Pass.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Wanted to add my most recent experience with crossing the border at Blaine/The Peace Arch. Arrived at the border around 1 pm on Sunday afternoon. There were three other cars and two open lanes. Border agent asked for ID, proof of negative test, and asked all the usual questions. My buddy and I won the "additional virtual screening" sweepstakes and both got a take home test. Registering with the LifeLabs system was a big PITA. It wouldn't recognize our passwords to log in, asked us to re-register, then would sent us in a "an account already exists" link to which it asked us to reset our password, which then didn't take. After manually typing in the URL on the form and not the one provided by the LifeLabs website, we managed to get it sorted. He got the last available virtual appointment on Sunday night and I had to make mine for Monday night. Swabby test with a virtual helper wasn't too bad, but felt odd as we just tested 72-hours before. Whatever. Canada let us in and we skied pow. Can't wait to go through the double test routine again soon to get some value out of my Epic Pass.
    Haha I was going to joke about how desperate Stevens Pass skiers must now flee the country for pow. Glad to hear that you made it through

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Nice! Glad it was a pleasant experience.

Is the Paterson crossing open 24 hours?
    Yea, it's open 24 hours. I wouldn't even attempt any other crossing in the area as many of them have incorrect hours listed, but Paterson is definitely always open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Haha I was going to joke about how desperate Stevens Pass skiers must now flee the country for pow. Glad to hear that you made it through
    Well, you wouldn’t be that far off. The Stevens woes are going to ripple over to other resorts next season when people jump to other local hills. Skiing in Pugetopolis is screwed.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

My main beef with the border is that the Danville, WA border crossing isn't open earlier.

Has anyone gone through the Carway border crossing recently? Have a trip in about a month, planning on crossing there and hoping it's quick and painless.

Golden/Revy cheap testing options with guaranteed same day turnaround? My YYC flight is at 0620 so I can't use the airport clinic because it opens at 0500
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Possibly a shift for Canada borders? Saskatchewan is lightening up province restrictions. No mention of border but.... http://https://www.cbc.ca/news/canad...o615PV4_xMAB44
    Last edited by Kootenai; 02-08-2022 at 05:10 PM.

Got my latest tests back in 20-hours. Looking forward to getting Bandit Jr up to WB for a few days at the end of the week.

This is pretty off topic, but can anybody confirm that Canada doesn’t have passport validity requirements for land crossing? My passport expires less than three months after my trip.

I make no promises but as I understand, there is no law that says you can't enter Canada (or other countries) with less than six months on your passport. The problem is when you enter Canada, you are granted a six month visa. So when you fly to a country, the airline (not the country) will not let you board with less than six months on the passport. This is an airline policy and they do this because if the country you are flying to denies you because they think you are planning on staying there indefinitely, the airline must fly you home.

So I guess the answer is I think you could get into Canada in your situation, via land, but I could also see them denying you. Assuming you can't rush renew? You can contact a Canadian immigration attorney near the border you plan on crossing and see if they can help you.