Page 89 of 122 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    wut?

"heart disease" can be caused by a whole shitload of different things.

COVID-19 is caused by one single thing.

They are incomparable.
    Yeah, not exactly sure what their point was with that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    650,000 die each year in the US from heart disease.
    So for round numbers lets say that over 1M have died since the pandemic.
    The leading causes of heart disease are items the government approves for sale
    did that ^^ happen instead of the 650,000 from COVID ?

do people catch heart disease, from breathing contaminated air or toilet bowls ?

what about all the people who caught a Fentynal Overdose ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Username is hammer down. Trucker turned virologist? The markets been flooded with those

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, not exactly sure what their point was with that post.
    just adding to the pool of useless statistics to keep this thread going for you keyboard quarterbacks
    carry on

Confidence wanning hammers the brakes

he pretty much gave up at the whataboutisms

Name:  IMG_9634.JPG
Views: 581
Size:  68.9 KB
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Haaa, somehow he got the party to wait til spring for a no confidence vote. Subject to change i think
    Tdirts boy new it was failing , went on vacation, no updates from the health authority in hopes that the federal cons won. Whole thing reminds me of donnie diaper and deathsantis. Heads are going to roll
    Kind of wierd that all the open everything up crowd has gone silent around here. What up homies? All the cons in the house say YEAH!!

good art in G&M from doc in Nelson, I guess their vax rates are really low? why would that be, old school hippie anti vaxers plus interior rednecks? Strange as Golden has a good vax rate. Like Nelson Golden has not cases throughout other than lately and only one person sent out to get to a ICU.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...exhausted-and/
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Haaa, somehow he got the party to wait til spring for a no confidence vote. Subject to change i think
    Tdirts boy new it was failing , went on vacation, no updates from the health authority in hopes that the federal cons won. Whole thing reminds me of donnie diaper and deathsantis. Heads are going to roll
    Kind of wierd that all the open everything up crowd has gone silent around here. What up homies? All the cons in the house say YEAH!!
    It's bizarre to me how the Canadian conservatives seem to want to follow the playbook written by a twice-impeached, generally despised failure of a president. They need to rise above the liberals, not sink beneath them.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    good art in G&M from doc in Nelson, I guess their vax rates are really low? why would that be, old school hippie anti vaxers plus interior rednecks? Strange as Golden has a good vax rate. Like Nelson Golden has not cases throughout other than lately and only one person sent out to get to a ICU.
    A friend of mine in Kamloops who shops at a Health Food store, says that lots of people that shop there are anti-mask/anti-vax and it is because they think they are so healthy they don't need it. So, many in Nelson, the hippie, health conscious capital of Canada, have the same "I'm so healthy I don't need a vaccine" mis-placed attitude.
    Last edited by DanoT; 09-24-2021 at 11:17 AM.

fkn hippies, same shit in val david. plus they think if they get covid they can just make a tea with some ditchweed or something.

the demographic of anti vax is pretty much the sameup narth as the USA at this point altho i wonder about the numbers from a per capita perspective ?

lots of conservatives, god heads, anti big pharma, all clogging up the ICU

There's an impressive number of morans posting in this thread. Good to see...

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Shitty situation. Unfortunately the teamdirt and hammer-down types won't read it, or won't believe it, or whatever. Until they get sick of course. Then they'll show up at the hospital acting like assholes and demanding care.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Shitty situation. Unfortunately the teamdirt and hammer-down types won't read it, or won't believe it, or whatever. Until they get sick of course. Then they'll show up at the hospital acting like assholes and demanding care.
    Its behind a pay wall, so no I'm not reading it unless someone wants to paste it here and I would read it. My GF works in the ER and deals with it daily..........like most of you around here I am sure.

Best part of this thread is the title

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    It's bizarre to me how the Canadian conservatives seem to want to follow the playbook written by a twice-impeached, generally despised failure of a president. They need to rise above the liberals, not sink beneath them.
    They'll never learn. Bought and paid for following their corporate overlords. I thought i heard its an average of $50k/covid hospital stay, with thousands of 'bertans checking in to the vent hotel they'll need some heavy consumer spending to make up that deficit all while further spreading the rona. Cons cant see past the end of their nose or are terrible at the mathz

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    Its behind a pay wall, so no I'm not reading it unless someone wants to paste it here and I would read it. My GF works in the ER and deals with it daily..........like most of you around here I am sure.

Best part of this thread is the title
    Kevin McKechnie is a family doctor in Nelson, B.C.

Nelson is the bucolic mountain town in the Southern Interior of B.C. where I’ve had the privilege of working as a rural family physician for more than a decade. My colleagues and I practise a vanishing style of medicine that allows us to look after patients of all ages, through all stages, in both the community and in hospital. The work is gratifying and richly rewarding, and I never thought I’d question my plans to live out my career here. Sadly, events of the past few weeks have left me wondering.

Until very recently, the pandemic largely spared our community. Owing to our remote location, and blind luck, case counts remained low. I had one patient who spent five weeks in ICU, but his case was an exception, and the scattered handful of local cases were generally mild and self-resolving. Our hospital was not overcapacity, our workloads not overly burdensome and a will to overcome the pandemic seemed to draw the community together. Then, a few weeks ago, everything changed.

Since the beginning of August, Nelson and its surrounding communities have seen an exponential upsurge in COVID-19 cases. Our ICU is overcapacity, our hospital is full, our emergency department is seeing record daily visits, and our testing site can’t keep up with daily demand. Worse still, modelling data suggest case numbers could continue to climb for the next four to five months. Almost all local patients requiring hospitalization for COVID-19 have been unvaccinated, and public-health data demonstrate that the continuing spread is perpetuated almost entirely through those who have chosen not to get vaccinated.

My work as a family doc in this town has consequently become much more challenging. Today, typical of most days this past month, I started early and finished late. In addition to countless other encounters, I attempted to get an unvaccinated 23-year-old woman with worsening COVID-19 to the ICU, but failed because all the ventilators are in use. I called a patient to tell her that her aneurysm surgery has been indefinitely postponed because the hospital has no more capacity. I started an ordinarily resilient and vivacious patient on antidepressants, because after 18 months of trying to remain optimistic about his future, he is sinking. I witnessed a member of our clinic staff being verbally abused by an irate and indignant patient, offended at our clinic’s mask policy. I was asked to write a “medical exemption” letter for a patient with no significant medical condition. I attempted to reassure a pregnant mother, terrified about delivering in our COVID-positive hospital. I cancelled a planned house call (for the second time) with a bed-bound stroke victim, who wanted to discuss Medical Assistance in Dying, because I got called back to hospital at the end of my clinic day.

A summer of hubris has led Canada’s health systems to the verge of collapse

It will take more than money to solve the health care staffing shortage

I care deeply about this town and the people in it. I am committed to providing my patients the highest-quality medicine I know how to deliver. I’m careful not to let bias or differences of opinion affect the care I provide. I am prepared to work as tirelessly as necessary to help get this pandemic under control and restore our town to a semblance of its previous idyllic self.

Unfortunately, I’m finding it increasingly difficult to maintain my motivation. My non-judgmental approach is beginning to wane. I’m becoming exhausted and profoundly demoralized. The personal and professional toll on me, my colleagues and all those working in the health-care sector of our community is enormous.

We have, in vaccines, a tool to put an end to all of this. The data are irrefutable. Should a sufficient number of the unvaccinated get inoculated, we could get our surging local outbreak under control in a matter of weeks. Unfortunately, our town continues to have one of the lowest vaccination rates in the province, and opposition to a vaccine passport program is vocal and strident.

I implore the unvaccinated citizens of our community, and similar communities elsewhere, to step up and do the right thing. Denying the reality of what my colleagues and I are seeing daily is untruthful, demoralizing and harmful. Please prioritize the health of the people around you. Please put aside specious arguments about the erosion of civil liberties or the sanctity of personal health information until we’re at last free of this devastating crisis. We are not being asked to go to war. We are simply being asked to acknowledge real-life evidence, trust in proven science and take a shot in the arm.

Meanwhile, I’ll continue to plug away in our hospital and in my clinic, and do what small things I can to help those affected by this pandemic. I’ll remain hopeful that our town will get itself back on track, and that tolerance, respect and compassion will become the defining characteristics of our community, once again. I love my town, and I’d really like to stick around.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the demographic of anti vax is pretty much the sameup narth as the USA at this point altho i wonder about the numbers from a per capita perspective ?

lots of conservatives, god heads, anti big pharma, all clogging up the ICU
    true cons are a bit more likely but the biggest correlation from that CBC which I believe you posted was being a populist , very strong, out west esp and even in Que to I think

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    A friend of mine in Kamloops who shops at a Health Food store, says that lots of people that shop there are anti-mask/anti-vax and it is because they think they are so healthy they don't need it. So, many in Nelson, the hippie, health conscious capital of Canada, have the same "I'm so healthy I don't need a vaccine" mis-placed attitude.
    Same as our health food store, before mandate masks got you the stink eye fi you were masked up ( so MrsDougw told me). They got in some shit inviting some anti lock down guy who also had a lot of lets say other deplorable baggage in his history.

from the docs in Golden on FB ( no comments allowed as the anti vaxers would be on that like flies on baby shit

"Golden is doing better with our case rate down to 5/100,000 and 4 active cases reported on the BCCDC website as of September 18. Our vaccination rate is up to 90% for first doses in adults. 79% of all eligible people 12+ are fully immunized. However we are still seeing some people who are very ill despite lower numbers, requiring admission and transfer for ICU care.

"Alberta has descended into complete chaos. There are 20,180 active cases, over 1000 people in hospital and 226 of them in ICU. The head of Alberta Health Services has said they are averaging 23 ICU admissions daily and the only reason they can keep up is because the death rate is climbing, with 17 new deaths today. All scheduled surgeries have been cancelled and staff redeployed across the system to care for Covid patients.

"Our neighbors in Northern Health are struggling with a large increase in cases, just as was seen in our region over the late summer. All facilities are overcapacity and Minister Dix announced there will be 15 beds designated in the south to accommodate patients from the north. These dedicated beds will be located in Island Health, Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal. It should be noted that when the province creates “extra beds” what they really do is increase the workload for our nurses. Nursing teams become responsible for larger numbers of patients, and we are now transporting patients all over the province in order to access appropriate care. Now would be a good time to tell any nurses you know how much you appreciate them!

It is starting to look like not going on a ski trip to the USA this coming season is also going to include not going to Whitewater. The good news is that Whitewater skiers don't ski at Red and visa versa, so little chance of cross contamination. I guess i will do a Red only trip this year or I might stay put.

What about Apex, do you get down there?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    What about Apex, do you get down there?
    I haven't skied Apex in a good many years but had the best powder day of my life there with thigh deep snow on a tree run beside the Gun Barrel run. Spent all day on a Sunday lapping it after a Fri-Sat storm, never saw another person all day out there except at the end of the day, a couple coming back from further out in the trees.

Heading down to Kootenay Lk to visit Dad over the next couple weeks with the family. We usually spend a day in Nelson taking in the sites and smells of Baker St. and stopping at a couple shops we like to see when passing through. I think we might forego that little sightseeing excursion. I am also very well aquainted with Dr. McKechnie - pretty decent doc from my experience. I shouldn't be surprised by the situation down there - same people were there 20yrs ago, but perhaps a bit fewer of them - but WTF is with people in general these days. Can't see past the point of their own fucking nose.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    It is starting to look like not going on a ski trip to the USA this coming season is also going to include not going to Whitewater. The good news is that Whitewater skiers don't ski at Red and visa versa, so little chance of cross contamination. I guess i will do a Red only trip this year or I might stay put.
    Are you vaccinated? I'm kind of thinking unless shit totally hits the fan I DGAF either way - I know I'll be fine (odds are), and once my kids are vaxxed it's game on back to living.