Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Can this thread culminate in a ski off between XXX-er for Canada and Buttahflake for the US?
    But what venue? XXX-er will die of culture shock if he ever makes it to New Hampshire. And Buttahflake will be lost in the waste deep fluff of Northern BC. I suggest the only other ski area in North America not in Canada or US, Bosques de Monterreal in Mexico.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	379963

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What's less impressive is the number of idiots who aren't willing to get said shots .
    This^^ there is more than enough Vax/ ability TO Vax in America, the problem is not having enough people who are smart enough to get the vax, Covid is becoming the epidemic of the unvacccinated

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/fauci-...ines-1.6109362

"" One person making apparent his increasing frustration with developments in the U.S. is Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

He was asked in a CNN interview what happened and why Canada had surpassed the U.S. in the rate of first and second doses despite the U.S.'s months-long head start.

Fauci blamed politics in the U.S.

"Canada is doing better not because we are trying any less than they are trying. It's because in Canada you don't have that divisiveness of people not wanting to get vaccinated, in many respects, on the basis of ideology and political persuasion," he replied. ""
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Because 50% of ‘Muricans are stupitards.

I am sure they exist in Canada, but at a far lesser percentage.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Because 50% of ‘Muricans are stupitards.
    Only 50%, you’re too kind.

yes definatley ^^ we have anti vaxxers, conservatives and of course the god-heads

but no Republican party which cuts out 10's of millions of anti vax/ vax hesitancey

there are probably more anti-vax in America than the entire pop of Canada

I think Trump could have singlehandedly saved the lives of 150k Americans if he thot about it for > 15 seconds and gave the right message

I think a big problem is Faucci and his mixed messages and coverups.
    His no mask, then need a mask.
    His partially financing of the Wuhan lab in China, even though it was against regulations he financed a organization that then financed the Lab.
    He was a big part of the lie that there was no possibility that Covid came from the Wuhan Lab.
    If Biden fired Faucci, it would be a step toward a return to credibility for the CDC and perhaps a greater willingness for people in the US to get the vaccine... OK probably not, but Faucci still needs to go as he is more political scientist than scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think Trump could have singlehandedly saved the lives of 150k Americans if he thot about it for > 15 seconds and gave the right message
    you mean messages like this:
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...atown/2240247/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/ny-g...uarantine.html
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Instead of saying Covid will disappear even tho Trump knew it was deadly

I'm thinking along the lines wear a mask/ distance/ get the vax

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    His partially financing of the Wuhan lab in China, even though it was against regulations he financed a organization that then financed the Lab.
    He was a big part of the lie that there was no possibility that Covid came from the Wuhan Lab.
    If Biden fired Faucci, it would be a step toward a return to credibility for the CDC and perhaps a greater willingness for people in the US to get the vaccine... OK probably not, but Faucci still needs to go as he is more political scientist than scientist.
    We had the same mixed messaging here in Canada as things unfolded.

Juries out (waay out) on the Wuhan lab so I won't touch that one.

Can't believe people are still referencing these stories. These were literally in the first months of the pandemic where things were advancing and changing on a daily basis.

The reason for the no mask initially was needed for medical and first responders and not enough if there was a rush. He was doing the right thing, but seems to be a point for attacking him

hundreds of million of americans died that didnt need to cuz Trump didnt give a fuck about America or Americans

hundreds of million of americans died that didnt need to cuz Trump didnt give a fuck about America or Americans
    Hundreds of millions? Wow, this thing's bigger than I realized...

too much coffee, i'm going with an extra 150 K

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    The reason for the no mask initially was needed for medical and first responders and not enough if there was a rush. He was doing the right thing, but seems to be a point for attacking him
    The risk of mask hording by the public doesn't hold up and here is why: Prior to the pandemic, unlike toilet paper, masks were not in wide use by the public and were pretty much sold only in hardware or drug stores. It would have been very easy for the CDC to direct mask manufacturers to stop all sales to retail stores and supply only hospitals. Of course there then would have been criticism for telling folks to wear masks when there were few for sale, but at least there would have been a consistent message and more mask wearing acceptance when eventually there were enough masks. In other words there was a better course of action than misleading the public; too bad Faucci and the CDC didn't take it.

The risk of mask hording by the public doesn't hold up and here is why: Prior to the pandemic, unlike toilet paper, masks were not in wide use by the public and were pretty much sold only in hardware or drug stores. It would have been very easy for the CDC to direct mask manufacturers to stop all sales to retail stores and supply only hospitals. Of course there then would have been criticism for telling folks to wear masks when there were few for sale, but at least there would have been a consistent message and more mask wearing acceptance when eventually there were enough masks. In other words there was a better course of action than misleading the public; too bad Faucci and the CDC didn't take it.
    Your hindsight is brilliant. All we needed was for the CDC to wield power that it doesn't actually have over companies that aren't located on US soil! Problem solved!

Or, more likely, they didn't know shit about the virus when it first appeared and it took a while for scientists globally to come to an evidence-based consensus.

"We have learned x and therefore must change our previous stance on y" isn't all that terrible. People like you who think things have to be 100% bang-on-correct from the get-go are the problem, not those who change their mind when new facts come to light.

"YOU WERE WRONG AT FIRST SO I WILL NEVER BELIEVE YOU" is a terrible way to live.

I agree. Everyone has learned a lot in the last 18 months and that includes the experts.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Do you get mad when people piss on you, then tell you it's raining?

What the hell was that about. You will need to give a bit more context

yes definatley ^^ we have anti vaxxers, conservatives and of course the god-heads

but no Republican party which cuts out 10's of millions of anti vax/ vax hesitancey

there are probably more anti-vax in America than the entire pop of Canada

I found a couple/smh

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

For everyone who is confused, which is lots of you, Fauci runs the National Institute of Infectious Disease, the cdc is totally separate and made their own dumb choices.

Hammering Fauci for the mask flip flop even after they explained their reasoning and apologized will go on forever, just like the confusion about his role.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Here is background on why masks were not an initial main priority.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...ed-covid-kill/

tldr
    Science on 5 micron boundary for aerosol vs droplet has been wrong since the 40's and the WHO and many others were using this as the distinction for mask / no mask.

It took till spring of 2021 to sort it out and prove that particles larger than 5 micron can be airborne aerosol. WHO changed their directive re masks.

You guys can try and explain it to them....again. the fact of the matter is theyve gone all in on the redneck way and are repeating what theyve been told, right or wrong, and won't be swayed. Lift kits>life or death

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    You guys can try and explain it to them....again. the fact of the matter is theyve gone all in on the redneck way and are repeating what theyve been told, right or wrong, and won't be swayed. Lift kits>life or death
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Article in the NYT yesterday about vaccine "converts" coming around because they are seeing friends and family doing fine. And Canada opening the border and only allowing vaxxed Americans is a great thing because it really drives home the point to them how stupid they are being, and do they want to spend the rest of their lives in the U.S.? Probably not. Other countries will surely follow Canada's lead on that. Fox News is going to be pushing harder for vaxxing now that they are seeing cases going up--it's all fun and games to play Devil's advocate when cases are going down, but now they're in the position of looking like they are to blame, and that's going to affect advertisers, etc. Plus how does more dead Republicans serve their interest? So I'd predict that in the end, one or two years from now, the U.S. will have between 75 and 80 percent vaxxed. I would be surprised if we ever get much above 80 though.

but what about Hillary's emails