Page 53 of 122 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Here is background on why masks were not an initial main priority.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...ed-covid-kill/

tldr
    Science on 5 micron boundary for aerosol vs droplet has been wrong since the 40's and the WHO and many others were using this as the distinction for mask / no mask.

It took till spring of 2021 to sort it out and prove that particles larger than 5 micron can be airborne aerosol. WHO changed their directive re masks.
    Thanks for posting that, it's a great article.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Article in the NYT yesterday about vaccine "converts" coming around because they are seeing friends and family doing fine. And Canada opening the border and only allowing vaxxed Americans is a great thing because it really drives home the point to them how stupid they are being, and do they want to spend the rest of their lives in the U.S.? Probably not. Other countries will surely follow Canada's lead on that. Fox News is going to be pushing harder for vaxxing now that they are seeing cases going up--it's all fun and games to play Devil's advocate when cases are going down, but now they're in the position of looking like they are to blame, and that's going to affect advertisers, etc. Plus how does more dead Republicans serve their interest? So I'd predict that in the end, one or two years from now, the U.S. will have between 75 and 80 percent vaxxed. I would be surprised if we ever get much above 80 though.
    I was talking about our resident neo cons but cool story bro. Murica 1,2,3 its all about me
    Btw, fox and the replublicans dont care about the dead hillbillies they just want bad press to blame on Joe. Theyll both continue what theyre doing for a bit yet

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Article in the NYT yesterday about vaccine "converts" coming around because they are seeing friends and family doing fine. And Canada opening the border and only allowing vaxxed Americans is a great thing because it really drives home the point to them how stupid they are being, and do they want to spend the rest of their lives in the U.S.? Probably not.
    That might sway some small percentage, but I think you're overestimating how many Americans travel outside the U.S. Check this out:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/lealane...h=5d68d7d42898

11% have never left the state they were born in! 40% have never left the country.

Hey, any of you canuckians hear about the potential border agent strike?
    Sounds like if they ever had leverage, it would be right now. Especially since a large percentage of the population are either pro-closure, or absolutely ‘meh’ about it overall.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Havent heard yet. I did hear its 52% dont want it open. Situation is still kind of fluid. We're not there yet. Also heard some athletes with 2 shots at the olympics tested positive for the variant and are in quarintine. More super spreaders with yhe variant. We'll want a high % with both their vaxxes to limit the super spreader effect

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    40% have never left the country.
    I'm actually surprised the # is that low. Hope they didn't misread 'county' for 'country' on the survey.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey, any of you canuckians hear about the potential border agent strike?
    Sounds like if they ever had leverage, it would be right now. Especially since a large percentage of the population are either pro-closure, or absolutely ‘meh’ about it overall.
    Here’s a CBC article on the possible strike. There’s often lots of conflict and strikes threatened by border service agents.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cbs...rder-1.6108358

The border guards will be legislated back to work the next day.

still lots of negotiating and posturing needs to happen
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The border guards will be legislated back to work the next day.
    Hopefully they will be soory to cause a bother.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    still lots of negotiating and posturing needs to happen
    Pretty much. I suspect they'll have some kind of "information" picket, but it'll be on their days off.

Kinda surprised they've been without a (new) contract since 2018.

WTF? Now the U.S. has extended the closure till August 21st. We were the ones pushing for the opening, and now we're delaying it? For fuck's sake...

Got a link?

Is this ^^upstate enough to be upstate newyork?

It's the upstatest of upstate.

It's front page of the Bellingham Herald today too.

Good article from Danny Westnet in the Seattle Times:

Canada’s new COVID border rules have put us in our place

“Why would some people rather risk death than get vaccinated? It’s the American way,” the Toronto Star heckled us on Tuesday.

It’s a “tragedy of belligerent self-destruction,” it went on. “The U.S. is among the few countries in the world with the means to quickly extinguish the pandemic within its borders. It lacks only the will.”

On our side of the border, in Bellingham, it was reported on Tuesday that the sheriff had to be notified because the Whatcom County health director started getting threats after a council member posted her cellphone number on social media and said she needed to be “reined in.” Her crime? Running a campaign to encourage vaccination among 18- to 26-year-olds.

The Canadians are not messing around, either: “A person who submits false information on vaccination status could be liable to a fine of up to $750,000 or six months imprisonment or both, under the Quarantine Act,” the country’s public health agency announced.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-in-our-place/

Joe's going to get lots of canadian votes. Must be that yuge voter fraud that happened

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Joe's going to get lots of canadian votes. Must be that yuge voter fraud that happened

We just wanted the steel and aluminum tariffs to end. Sorry.

uh we're number 1

I guess

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    On our side of the border, in Bellingham, it was reported on Tuesday that the sheriff had to be notified because the Whatcom County health director started getting threats after a council member posted her cellphone number on social media and said she needed to be “reined in.” Her crime? Running a campaign to encourage vaccination among 18- to 26-year-olds.
    She also voted against food bank funding, and domestic violence and sexual assault counseling and support services. Her kooky followers made death threats on facebook to the County Executive a few years ago.

This was no accident. It's 100% on brand for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    She also voted against food bank funding, and domestic violence and sexual assault counseling and support services. Her kooky followers made death threats on facebook to the County Executive a few years ago.

This was no accident. It's 100% on brand for her.
    Let me guess: she represents Lynden?

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I pretty much agree with the above post except the part about the guns.

Years ago I worked as a ticket seller in Sidney B.C. at the Sidney Anachortes Ferry. Canada Customs had a office in the terminal and regularly found Americans trying to enter Canada with their firearms. They were given the option of continuing their trip by surrendering the weapons that would then be sent back to Anacortes on the next ferry and stored in a safe until picked up by the owner on their return to the USA...at no cost.

The second option was for the traveler to keep their weapons cancel the trip to Canada and buy a ticket for the return ferry to Anacortes. This was the most popular option.
    You can bring guns to Canada, a few years ago i wanted to go skiing in Baffin island, and you need a gun there{polar bears}.

Abandoned the plan because my in-laws didn't want to take the kids for 6 weeks. Wife was coming with me.

They said 2 weeks, you should be able to ski in 2 weeks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Canada has lots of guns, we just like to keep them out of the schools. Sorry.