Page 95 of 122 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3042
    Today is the day

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm not sure what's so difficult. I got tested last week before I flew into SEA to cross the border into Canada; got a rapid molecular (Abbott) test. It cost $120 and I had the result in a couple of hours.

I used ArriveCAN to cross the border, and it was super easy. Crossed at the main entry point on Hwy 5/99 and at 7:30pm, there were four cars split between two lines. I waited for 5-10 minutes, and then it took about 2 minutes to process my info before they let me in. On the way back, they only had one line open, and with four cars in front of me, it took about 10 minutes at 6:30pm. Again, once I actually got to the gate agent, it took two minutes.
    What did you enter in ArriveCAN for your quarantine plan? It's still not clear to me what is actually required. Last time I entered Canada back in August I actually reserved a hotel room and then just canceled it as soon as I got through the border, but that may be overkill.

Just saw this:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...RJ4POHFGDOJEJU

==========
    TORONTO — Canada said Friday that it is dropping a requirement that all fully vaccinated Canadian travelers who are returning to the country present a negative coronavirus test at the border — if their trip abroad is under 72 hours.

Jean-Yves Duclos, Canada’s health minister, said the country is also “reevaluating” the testing requirements for fully vaccinated U.S. citizens entering Canada “and will provide an update on any adjustments at a later date.”
    ==========

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What did you enter in ArriveCAN for your quarantine plan? It's still not clear to me what is actually required. Last time I entered Canada back in August I actually reserved a hotel room and then just canceled it as soon as I got through the border, but that may be overkill.
    I just crossed the border the other day. It was a slight pain in the ass. Fortunately no crowds at Peace Bridge. I filled out ArriveCan and had a code thinking I was good. At the border I was turned back. I had not downloaded my vac recorders to ArriveCan. The way I filled out ArriveCan I was not prompted to download my records. Had to redo it to be able to get to a spot to download the records. The border agent refused to just look at my card. I had to take a photo and download to the app.
    I was handed a home test kit to complete. Tough to do when your phone does not work in Canada. I completed the test using internet at the business I went to. Fortunately I was able to send it in using a drug store I. Victoria. I thought about just throwing the thing away. I am glad I did not as today I got an email asking me about it.saying required by law.
    For quarantine I just used the address of the business I was going to.
    As for the testing I had it done in Missoula. The test took almost 3 days for results. The lab did not work on Sunday which I was not informed of when taking the test. So plan ahead. I did not see businesses advertising rapid PCR tests as I had expected.

Two at-home tests allowed for flying to US. Dunno about to Canada. Dunno about driving. Call them and ask?
    https://www.afar.com/magazine/cdc-ap...ational-travel

Sorry, haven't checked this thread in a while. I just entered in a random hotel in Squamish (where we were staying at an AirBnb for our actual stay) that showed availability. I didn't make any actual reservations or anything silly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Sorry, haven't checked this thread in a while. I just entered in a random hotel in Squamish (where we were staying at an AirBnb for our actual stay) that showed availability. I didn't make any actual reservations or anything silly like that.
    People talk about "Covid Theater" and I think the quarantine plan definitely falls into that. I guess the idea is you've thought about what you're going to do if you need to quarantine, but it's pretty obvious I'd drive back home if I tested positive. Short of needing to be admitted to a hospital it's hard to imagine why I'd do anything else.

I just went South to check my mail for the first time in 18 months. After downloading my Federal Vaccine Passport and ArriveCAN app, and then setting up the app, the crossings went smoothly, but that I was selected for a random PCR test on returning to Canada. This required (under threat of quarantine) registering, setting up and attending a video conference (so I could be observed doing the test at home), then dropping off the test kit in another town. I don't know how common these random tests are, but the whole process felt like a complete fuck around, which I’m in no hurry to repeat.

If I am crossing into Canada in the evening, staying in a hotel and then going in to a bc hut the following morning, could I complete the random test you took? There are 9 in our group so odds are good one is selected I imagine. I had thought the test was done right there

Yeah that's fucked, I just got a test yesterday in hopes of crossing Friday to ski Lake Louise. If I get selected for the random test it would really screw up my plans. I would probably just turn around and go home. I wonder if they are going to ramp this up due to omicron. Fuuucckkk...

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    If I am crossing into Canada in the evening, staying in a hotel and then going in to a bc hut the following morning, could I complete the random test you took? There are 9 in our group so odds are good one is selected I imagine. I had thought the test was done right there
    You could do it at your hotel. Sending it in could be the issue. I used a drug store that was listed as a courier partner. I was lucky I passed one on my route of travel but I almost had to detour to Vancouver to mail it in.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    You could do it at your hotel. Sending it in could be the issue. I used a drug store that was listed as a courier partner. I was lucky I passed one on my route of travel but I almost had to detour to Vancouver to mail it in.
    You got a link to the courier partners?

I went into Canada last Friday and was selected for a random test. I registered for my test at 6:30 that evening, although I know there were later options (of course this was Pacific time). My suggestion is that if you get selected for a random test pull over immediately and get registered and then schedule your appointment. The test itself only takes maybe ten minutes. Then hopefully there's a dropoff option somewhere close to your hotel. The whole process is certainly based around you being somewhere with internet access, unfortunately. When I went to Canada in August they did the testing right at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    You got a link to the courier partners?
    https://www.lifelabs.com/pickup-or-d...of-collection/
    I used a shoppers drug mart but it looks like any Fed Ex will do.
    the quarantine issue needs a little creativity. seems just using business or hotel works.
    off your knees Louie

the quarantine issue needs a little creativity. seems just using business or hotel works.
    Thanks. Nearest drop off location to Lake Louise is a FedEx box in Banff. This complicates things for sure. I could easily drop it off on my way through but that is depending on when they can schedule me for the video testing.

like the AD mentioned all you need is internet. you can do the test in your car. I did it in the office of the business I went to.
    off your knees Louie

I don't think all provinces use Life Labs, though. You should probably try to find out which lab the province you are entering uses.

I don't think all provinces use Life Labs, though. You should probably try to find out which lab the province you are entering uses.
    good catch Alberta uses
    https://switchhealth.ca/en/individua...ts/covid-test/
    process seems to be the same
    off your knees Louie

good catch Alberta uses
    https://switchhealth.ca/en/individua...ts/covid-test/
    process seems to be the same
    So if the test somehow comes back positive, I'm going to have to quarantine 14 days in Canada? Or can I cross back into the U.S. and go home? Not clear on this, anybody know?

I think as covered in this thread you are allowed to break quarantine to travel back to your home country.

If you need to travel abroad while in isolation:

You will not be able to take public transportation. You must depart using private transportation only, such as your private vehicle. You will not be able to board a flight to depart Canada. You must also comply with all regulations for the country of destination.

You must:

wear a mask
    practice physical distancing at all times, where possible
    avoid contact with others while in transit
    remain in the vehicle
    do not stay at a hotel on the way to your new destination
    if you need gas, pay at the pump
    if you need food, use a drive through
    if you need to use a rest area, put on your mask and be mindful of physical distancing and good hygiene practices
    If you are in a federal designated quarantine facility, you must get authorization from a quarantine officer to leave.

Are you going to see the ladies race?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Yes, the rules say you're allowed to leave the country (by car). The odd thing is the quarantine plan section on ArriveCAN only allows you to enter a Canadian address for your quarantine location.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I think as covered in this thread you are allowed to break quarantine to travel back to your home country.

If you need to travel abroad while in isolation:

You will not be able to take public transportation. You must depart using private transportation only, such as your private vehicle. You will not be able to board a flight to depart Canada. You must also comply with all regulations for the country of destination.

You must:

wear a mask
    practice physical distancing at all times, where possible
    avoid contact with others while in transit
    remain in the vehicle
    do not stay at a hotel on the way to your new destination
    if you need gas, pay at the pump
    if you need food, use a drive through
    if you need to use a rest area, put on your mask and be mindful of physical distancing and good hygiene practices
    If you are in a federal designated quarantine facility, you must get authorization from a quarantine officer to leave.

That seems like common sense. Basically this is my covid era travel strategy anyway. Although I allow myself hotels.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Thanks. Not going to see the race, just going to ski because we don't have shit for snow in Montana and 8 hours north LL seems to be doing pretty well with a decent amount of terrain open. Plus Big Sky "included" an Ikon Pass with my season pass this year, so I might as well use it. This is probably my best chance to use it at a time when I can't dissuade myself by just going to Big Sky if conditions there are good.

Provided you have internet connection, access to Microsoft teams, it can all happen pretty quickly. You can arrange Fed-ex pickup if a drop off isn't possible. The only other complication I see is booking a video conference with Life labs if you're getting in late and leaving early.

I used Shoppers Drug Mart, but since I used to be a Canadian resident and they have me in the Health Services BC system it was a major hassle - took about 30 minutes of standing around at the Shoppers pharmacy counter. Felt kinda dumb since I was back in the USA 10 minutes after leaving Shoppers - in the future I will definitely just arrange a FedEx pickup.