Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3042
    It's usually a triangle: Costco, Trader Joe's, Outlet Mall (Ross, TJ Maxx, Sierra Trading Post)

But if Karen doesn't have a good story, she's still getting turned away.

Still the problem of needing a negative PCR test to enter Canada. They need to get rid of this for vaccinated individuals. Or at least make the rapid tests valid. My buddy just got back from visiting his brother in FLA and said it's a major hassle. Plus it costs like $150.

There are also 3.5 million Canadians who, like myself, got a first dose of AZ and then a second of mRNA because we were told this was the way. USA needs to recognize this as being vaccinated - it's fucking stupid that they don't already because ironically it's looking like this mixed-type method of vaccination may actually offer the greatest protection.

Hawaii is no longer requiring tests for those with proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated children under 5 who are traveling with vaccinated parents don't even need a COVID test. This policy makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Still the problem of needing a negative PCR test to enter Canada. They need to get rid of this for vaccinated individuals. Or at least make the rapid tests valid. My buddy just got back from visiting his brother in FLA and said it's a major hassle. Plus it costs like $150.

There are also 3.5 million Canadians who, like myself, got a first dose of AZ and then a second of mRNA because we were told this was the way. USA needs to recognize this as being vaccinated - it's fucking stupid that they don't already because ironically it's looking like this mixed-type method of vaccination may actually offer the greatest protection.
    Is this a buddy problem or FL problem?

I'm in NYC right now, I walked one block to a sprinter giving free tests. It was on my way to the train to the free test I booked a subway stop away and saved me the hassle of going anywhere at all.

My next hurdle is to see if ArriveCan recognizes my QC VaxiCode pass as being valid proof.

If I have to quarantine I might as well stay in NYC, had no idea how much I missed home. You guys been here? Besides my family, it's fucking awesome!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Hasn't been formalized yet but sounds like they will have allowances for all vaccines approved by the WHO, which includes AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's usually a triangle: Costco, Trader Joe's, Outlet Mall (Ross, TJ Maxx, Sierra Trading Post)

But if Karen doesn't have a good story, she's still getting turned away.
    well exactly cuz if it was so easy why have packages been sitting at mail boxes ever since the boarder closed and of course all those bidneses that depended on Canadian cross border shopping have been starving since the border closed, i think the border was closed tighter than you let on
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

I'm in NYC right now, I walked one block to a sprinter giving free tests. It was on my way to the train to the free test I booked a subway stop away and saved me the hassle of going anywhere at all.
    I've now seen both sides to this. In August when we my wife and I traveled to Canada I was able to schedule a testing appointment very easily and the entire process took about five minutes and was covered by my insurance. Got the results overnight. OTOH, yesterday I had a test scheduled for an upcoming trip to Europe and had to cancel it because the turnaround time for results was 2-3 days (test needs to be conducted within 72 hours of arrival, so you're quite constrained in when you can get tested). I had to go to two other places and pay $150 to get a test I was certain would work out. So bottom line is it can be incredibly easy, or quite an ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242
    My next hurdle is to see if ArriveCan recognizes my QC VaxiCode pass as being valid proof.
    What they would look for is when the test was conducted, which lab processed it, and what kind of test it was. Your results should include a link to a pdf that has all this information and you can easily upload that to ArriveCAN.

If I have to quarantine I might as well stay in NYC, had no idea how much I missed home. You guys been here? Besides my family, it's fucking awesome!
    Well, might have been him but in order to make the appointment he had to provide a US address, but couldn't get any confirmation from ArriveCAN if the results would be valid with a differnet address than his home or something like that. ArriveCAN told him to call his airline. Air Canada told him to call Border Services. Dude just wants to know if he'll be allowed on the plane or not. Be easier if they just trusted vaccinated travellers just as the USA currently does.

Be easier if they just trusted vaccinated travellers just as the USA currently does.
    Actually the U.S. still requires a Covid test within three days for those flying into the country.

All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Actually the U.S. still requires a Covid test within three days for those flying into the country.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html
    That's air travel. If you're crossing a land border you don't have to. I think..... now I'm doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well exactly cuz if it was so easy why have packages been sitting at mail boxes ever since the boarder closed and of course all those bidneses that depended on Canadian cross border shopping have been starving since the border closed, i think the border was closed tighter than you let on
    Those are the people who miss first chair, need a trail map, and ski the most heavily tracked runs on a powder day.

That's air travel. If you're crossing a land border you don't have to. I think..... now I'm doubtful.
    No, that's correct. No testing needed for crossing by land (or water).

Didn't need the negative pcr test to come south, need it driving back north.

i know in some EU countries, they allow you to self certify with a rapid test. that would really be winning.

US land border to reopen November 8 to fully vaccinated travelers.
    Last edited by Thaleia; 10-15-2021 at 01:48 PM. Reason: dumbass put wrong date

shit i just remembered when my parents had to get back and i had to send them to a private clinic to get tested at 80/pop. Then the clinic lost their samples. So there really is a lot of stupidity to go around on both sides of the border, across oceans, you name it.

NO

X'r will like this: saw four Canadian plates here yesterday. Three BC and one Alberta. One of the BCs was an RV.

In Utah and scheduling tests to get back.

Will be $150 each. There are some places offering free tests as mentioned up thread but without a valid US address and without guaranteed turnaround time we won't take the chance so will pay (to play).

can you put in the address of your airbnb? tests come back within two days for sure and likely 24 hours.

can you put in the address of your airbnb? tests come back within two days for sure and likely 24 hours.
    We spoke to a very nice person at a Walgreens call center who said we could use any address (even a friend's even if not staying). We then tried to book at Cedar City where we're staying but no Walgreens offers testing there. Only Vegas offers it but the Vegas outlets don't offer rapid turnaround (2 to 3 days instead). Since we'd planned on not staying at Vegas that didn't work.

The alternative is to schedule appointments at walk in clinics and then get timely testing. Figuring that out now. It's all quite very balkanized

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    X'r will like this: saw four Canadian plates here yesterday. Three BC and one Alberta. One of the BCs was an RV.
    is that what made america great ? 4 people crossing the border how does that compare to 3 yrs ago ?

You know I'm just messing with you...

well ya I did think you were smarter than that

i wonder how many people cross every day so what are the #'s and keep in mind that big smear of humanity back east is probably way more than worshinton/ BC

The border was never as "closed" as the media reported. You can see a simple summary here. That site lets you drill down to port of entry, month and vehicle if you like that sort of thing.

In 2020, truck traffic was unchanged (around 12M vehicle crossings), personal vehicle crossings fell from 100M to 57M and pedestrians fell from 50M to 25M. That's still a lot of crossings.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    We spoke to a very nice person at a Walgreens call center who said we could use any address (even a friend's even if not staying). We then tried to book at Cedar City where we're staying but no Walgreens offers testing there. Only Vegas offers it but the Vegas outlets don't offer rapid turnaround (2 to 3 days instead). Since we'd planned on not staying at Vegas that didn't work.

The alternative is to schedule appointments at walk in clinics and then get timely testing. Figuring that out now. It's all quite very balkanized
    the testing for re-entry and testing situation in the US is becoming a cluster. But as the agent told my dad last week trying to re-enter O'Canada with results a couple hours "too old"..........."It's your problem not ours. You're the one that wants to go down there, nobody is forcing you to go."