Page 91 of 122 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Thats all well and good other than no data backs it up . Norway, Sweden and Finland all have lower corp tax rates than Canada and the US. Those countries all have high very high VATs and pretty high personal income tax but not high corp tax rates. So facts don't line up.
    Doug, do you have any facts handy about the effective tax rates for corporations abroad? Not sure about Canada but no corporation pays the book rate in The States. It's been in the news quite a bit over the last 40 years and the effective rate is actually pretty competitive.

Here's the chart on the S&P and it shows them paying 19%, Norway's corporate tax rate is 22%.

There's lots of crying by a few people in red hats about the lack of competitive tax rates in the USA, but it's disingenuous.

Anyway, Janet Yellen is really pushing for universal corporate taxes, you know, step #1 for the great reset
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Thats all well and good other than no data backs it up . Norway, Sweden and Finland all have lower corp tax rates than Canada and the US. Those countries all have high very high VATs and pretty high personal income tax but not high corp tax rates. So facts don't line up.
    But do the companies in those countries actually PAY TAXES? So many in the USA do not. If the companies in this country ALL actually paid taxes we would not need to tax the ones that do pay more.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Canadian Air Force running Psy Ops on their own people?

https://nationalpost.com/news/nation...6-478af5e215f3

"The plan devised by the Canadian Joint Operations Command, also known as CJOC, relied on propaganda techniques similar to those employed during the Afghanistan war. The campaign called for “shaping” and “exploiting” information. CJOC claimed the information operations scheme was needed to head off civil disobedience by Canadians during the coronavirus pandemic and to bolster government messages about the pandemic."

"Then chief of the defence Staff Gen. Jon Vance shut down the CJOC propaganda initiative after a number of his advisers questioned the legality and ethics behind the plan. Vance then brought in Gosselin to examine how CJOC was able to develop and launch the propaganda operation without approval."

Psy ops on your own people? Comon Man!
    Last edited by Asspen; 09-27-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Those are just the listed rates for countries in question. What they can right off and how fast is a different question. One has to look a bit closer than some art.. Saw an art on Walmart not paying their taxes. Turns out the art really failed to cover was that while they were depreciating their new stores very quickly. So they were not paying their taxes now but they would have to pay later. Really they were kicking their tax burden down the road and they had to keep on building in order to do that. Should they have been able to do that ? I thought there were schedules for that. But they were delaying taxes not avoiding, there is a difference.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Is there a difference when they'll never pay up?

The chart I put up was on the s&p... it's not cherry picked and not an article: 18.6%.

But there are always outliers that really game the system, look at GE:

https://archive.is/QQUCF

It's pretty damning when the wealthiest skate with taxpayer money in their pocket.

Where is your data that shows how unfair the systems are for Canada and the USA since I thought you would actually like to back up your statement. But nevermind then.

Thats all well and good other than no data backs it up . Norway, Sweden and Finland all have lower corp tax rates than Canada and the US. Those countries all have high very high VATs and pretty high personal income tax but not high corp tax rates. So facts don't line up. [citation needed]
    ETA: It looks like WalMart usually pays upper 20's in taxes for the last 20 years. So as a follow up, how did the tax rate make them less competitive as they opened 4800 stores... I think everyone (me included) could challenge the ways they perceive taxes, fairness, etc.

Well that is pretty easy to find so wondering why this would be shocking to anyones world view unless they actually get their econ info from Bernie

https://www.oecd.org/tax/beps/corpor...s-database.htm

Mexico
    Australia
    Nigeria
    Argentina

France
    South Africa
    New Zealand
    Italy

Canada
    United States

India

Turkey

Greece
    Malaysia
    Israel
    Egypt
    Denmark
    Norway

Sweden

Estonia
    Thailand
    Finland

Saudi Arabia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Well that is pretty easy to find so wondering why this would be shocking to anyones world view unless they actually get their econ info from Bernie

https://www.oecd.org/tax/beps/corpor...s-database.htm

Mexico
    Australia
    Nigeria
    Argentina

France
    South Africa
    New Zealand
    Italy

Canada
    United States

India

Turkey

Greece
    Malaysia
    Israel
    Egypt
    Denmark
    Norway

Sweden

Estonia
    Thailand
    Finland

Saudi Arabia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    because you are completely missing the point that the posted rate is not the same as the effective rate? And it's not clear that the higher tax rates have really hurt American companies anyway.

Having low tax rates for the point of low taxes is not a sane goal. The taxes should be measured against what services we are providing and whether those are valuable to us (and should be increased i.e. parks) or are a waste (and should be cut i.e. next gen fighter jets no one wants).

That is a value judgement and really has no place in the tax system in my opinion. You can have tax relieve or other incentives to promote certain businesses that create the type of jobs that countries want. But other countries may look at these as unfair trade practices.

You can use that database to look at effective and basic result is the about same
    Effective average tax rate
    Australia
    Germany

Canada
    Jamaica
    Netherlands
    Austria
    Spain
    United States

Israel
    Italy
    Curaçao
    Indonesia
    Norway
    Sweden

Belgium
    Denmark
    Saudi Arabia
    Estonia
    United Kingdom
    Singapore

So the tax rates don't seem to be wildly different and Germany and Australia both have higher effective corporate taxes and rank higher for quality of life than the USA or Canada.

I don't see a reason to disconnect tax policy from the goal of what a country is trying to achieve, it's part of the recipe and 'lower taxes' shouldn't be the only goal.

depending on what index you use but
    1 Denmark
    2 Switzerland
    3 Finland
    4 Australia

1 to 3 all have pretty low rates of corp income tax so any connection between corp rate and anything is dubious and that was my point originally.

another ranking
    BEST COUNTRIES RANKINGS
    Canada
    Japan
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Australia

So still no connection

depending on what index you use but
    1 Denmark
    2 Switzerland
    3 Finland
    4 Australia

1 to 3 all have pretty low rates of corp income tax so any connection between corp rate and anything is dubious and that was my point originally.

another ranking
    BEST COUNTRIES RANKINGS
    Canada
    Japan
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Australia

So still no connection
    So I guess lower corporate taxes is really a hammer in search of a nail, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    So I guess lower corporate taxes is really a hammer in search of a nail, eh?
    yes and no, look at Ireland its low corp taxes plus good education system has brought in lots of pharma, chip companies and has substantially taken that country from second world to first world. Now it had to be in the EU to do that. Can every country do that? no. But it certainly worked in Ireland and Singapore at least but certainly there have to be other factors as a package that creates success.

That ^^ one is for the Rhihanna set^^ here is a better one for the old fucks on TGR

I never heard of this guy, he is funny
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ence-1.6192325

with a renewed mandate ( not really) apres election, the state of Canada post election ^^ the noose is tightening and you won't be able to fly, go for a beer, go for a pizza, workout or do much of anything without the vax

"I was very clear on that and I have for weeks and weeks now," Trudeau said. "Make sure that you and all members of your family over 12 years old have gotten vaccinated and are getting your second shot if you haven't already, because you will not be able to travel on a plane or a train in Canada if you are not fully vaccinated."

" He outlined two other priorities that may require parliamentary approval: a new $1 billion fund to help pay for provincial proof-of-vaccination programs and legislation to criminalize some of the disruptive demonstrations that have been staged by anti-vaccine groups and others outside of hospitals in recent weeks.

" During the recent election campaign, Trudeau promised to send money to the provinces that create their own vaccine passports — credentials people vaccinated against COVID-19 can show to businesses to make everyday activities safer. "

I think anybody trying to get around the vax passports will be in a world of shit but nobody is really being forced to vax

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rate-1.6192135

Alberta has 1/10th the population but almost 1/2 the active covid cases in Canada and it sounds like it will get worse

Here is his first that went viral March 2020

that is not very funny, the other 2 were funny

They're stuck inside there with nothing but beer and back bacon sandwiches EH?!

Name:  bob-and-doug-hosers.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  48.9 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You realize the runaway popularity of Bob and Doug was all about Can Con ya hoser ?

Anti vaxxer / anti passporters getting nasty

From G&M
    Some family physicians in Alberta say they are dealing with an increasing number of aggressive, misinformed and untrusting patients who want a note exempting them from getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Two of three Calgary doctors who spoke to The Canadian Press also said some people have yelled racist comments at them after they declined to write a note because the patients did not have health conditions known to cause serious side-effects to a shot.

“They mostly comment on my brown skin and hijab” said Dr. Sakina Raj. “I’m also Muslim … so they come to religion and they get personal with that.

“It’s really scary because I feel sometimes they were so abusive verbally, that they could harm us. But I still am kind to them. I calm them down nicely. I’m too experienced to be stressed by them.”

Raj said since Premier Jason Kenney announced a proof of vaccination program to try to turn back a crippling fourth wave in the province, safety has become such a concern that Sehet Medical Clinic is now dealing with new patients wanting an exemption only on the phone.

Raj and another Calgary physician said more than three patients a day are asking their clinics for an exemption. Dr. Mukarram Zaidi said one patient tried to bribe him with $200.

“He comes and says that he would like to have a note and he will be compensating for that,” Zaidi said.

When Zaidi declined, the patient became aggressive and began talking to him louder about ethics, he said.

Zaidi said few people are eligible for an exemption. They include anyone diagnosed with myocarditis or pericarditis – inflammation of the heart or its membrane – or someone who has a confirmed anaphylactic allergy to an ingredient in a COVID-19 vaccine.

This particular patient did not meet those criteria.

“I was really upset with it,” Zaidi said.

Raj said she has thought about calling police during a few consultations.

“Before, there were individuals coming in without a mask, kind of arguing, but this vaccine proof has brought it to another level,” Zaidi added.

Zaidi and Raj said racist comments and an aggressive tone are regular occurrences these days, but they don’t want to focus on that. What’s most concerning to them is that misinformed patients are walking into their clinics.

Some patients tell stories about family members in other countries having outlandish reactions to the vaccine. Others say their religious leader has told them not to get a shot. Zaidi said some patients don’t want to hear any scientific information at all.

“What boggles me is that they come in, trust me for everything else besides COVID-19. They allow me to examine them for everything else. It frustrates me to understand the mentality of these individuals.”

If patients are worried about having an allergic reaction, the doctors direct them to take an allergy test, which some patients decline to do.

Dr. Memoona Butt, another Calgary physician, said she gets most frustrated with patients who read information about the virus from unverified sources.

“Some people are saying that they don’t want any foreign particle or any chemical injected into their body. A number of patients are also worried that we are putting some chips in their system,” Butt said.

The three doctors said colleagues across the province have successfully persuaded the vaccine-hesitant to get their shots by walking them through what’s involved and addressing their concerns.

“I also tell them that Canada’s independent drug authorization … has high standards and a rigorous review process,” Butt said.

Raj said she worries about her patients who don’t want to be vaccinated.

“Some of them are smokers, or have underlying lung conditions, or they’re diabetic. If they catch COVID-19, they might end up in (an intensive care unit).”

She said her clinic has been calling patients to educate them on why they need to get their shots.

“We have seen how interactions with patients on this topic may become emotional and difficult,” the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta wrote in a statement to doctors.

The college, which regulates the practice of medicine in the province, says doctors can ask patients to leave if they become abusive.

“You and your team are not expected to tolerate this type of behaviour,” the statement says.

Raj said the best advice she gives to her patients is to keep an open mind.

“I still want to help them.”

Dr Butt missed a golden opportunity to be a proctologist.

Should atleast get the "assman" plate

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

million to one shot, doc! million to one!

I don't know about Alberta, but in B.C. where there is a doctor shortage, I would think that all a Doc has to say to an abusive patient is, "I take it you no longer want me as your doctor; Nurse, please call the next person on the waiting for a doctor list".

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Should atleast get the "assman" plate

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Are you assuming Dr. Butt's gender?!?