Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Are you vaccinated? I'm kind of thinking unless shit totally hits the fan I DGAF either way - I know I'll be fine (odds are), and once my kids are vaxxed it's game on back to living.
    I felt bullet proof after getting my second vax shot last June but growing numbers of Delta cases and the fact that the vax, while it offers some immunity, but is really best at keeping one out of hospital, has caused me to feel more vulnerable as I am an old retired guy.

Hospitalizations in B.C. are now the highest they have ever been since the start of the pandemic, mostly unvaxed people, but not all, so I think this is a good time for me personally to be a bit cautious, especially when traveling.

For a better or worse there's lots of time before the season starts. And if it starts sooner and travelling still isn't reasonable I got my in town xc setup ready to go. Prepare yourselves for the flat classic stoke!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

like the quote in G&M
    "Dr. Verna Yiu, head of Alberta Health Services, said Thursday a key reason intensive-care wards have not been overwhelmed is because enough COVID-19 patients are dying to free up bed space.

I hate to admit it but that in dark way that is kind of funny.

edit to add "they died doing what they loved"
    Last edited by DougW; 09-25-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Something to keep in mind for US lurkers AB is running out of ICU beds but even with more than doubling its ICU capacity ( low increase to mod low) it only has one ICU bed per 12000 pop where as in US there is a ICU bed per 2500 pop.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Interesting so I had to look it up: OECD ICU beds.

Canada (#5) - 12.9 bed per 100,000
    USA (#3)- 25.8
    Germany (#1) - 33.9

Alberta's 1:12,000 is 8.3 beds per 100,000
    BC has 10.6 beds per 100,000 plus 4 per 100,000 "surge" beds
    Newfoundland & Labrador has the most at 22 beds per 100,000
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Interesting so I had to look it up: OECD ICU beds.

Canada (#5) - 12.9 bed per 100,000
    USA (#3)- 25.8
    Germany (#1) - 33.9

Alberta's 1:12,000 is 8.3 beds per 100,000
    BC has 10.6 beds per 100,000 plus 4 per 100,000 "surge" beds
    Newfoundland & Labrador has the most at 22 beds per 100,000
    thats a better place for numbers but my rough math isn't to far off , my number for ICU beds in US comes from CDC and may be more current https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/covid19/rep...nt-impact.html

I took the 75 K occupied / by 61% full to get total ICU beds then used 300mil for US pop , so rough

AB number come from G&M
    There are 368 intensive-care spaces with 304 patients, most of whom are critically ill with COVID-19, and most of them unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.

Alberta normally has 173 intensive-care spaces but has been converting other spaces, including operating rooms, into ad hoc critical-care wards to meet COVID-19 demand. edit pop AB 4.4 mil

It is understandable that AB has the lowest number as AB is youngest prov.

So it turns out that our medical system in Canada not only doesn't have enough doctors and nurses, looks like we are inadequate when it comes to ICU beds as well.

Damn DougW, that was a sobering article/statement from the Nelson MD. I have an ICU nurse neighbor. Speaking to her a few days ago she said her and most of her colleges are beyond burned out and getting really POed by the non vaccinated cunts out there. She is honestly looking into other areas of work as are many of her colleges. The hospitals will eventually have so few there to work, everyone with an emergency will be endangered because of the non vaccinated. Policies need to be changed to no shot, go home and die until this shit is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    So it turns out that our medical system in Canada not only doesn't have enough doctors and nurses, looks like we are inadequate when it comes to ICU beds as well.
    but it's free
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Damn DougW, that was a sobering article/statement from the Nelson MD. I have an ICU nurse neighbor. Speaking to her a few days ago she said her and most of her colleges are beyond burned out and getting really POed by the non vaccinated cunts out there. She is honestly looking into other areas of work as are many of her colleges. The hospitals will eventually have so few there to work, everyone with an emergency will be endangered because of the non vaccinated. Policies need to be changed to no shot, go home and die until this shit is over.
    Policies do not need to be changed as the correct policies already exist. When a hospital is maxed out with more patients than they can handle they institute Triage, wherein precious resources are allocated to those with the best chance of a positive outcome as a result of aid rendered.

The non vaccinated do not fall in the above category as they are in a high risk of death category and thus they become low priority and do not get much attention in a Triage situation.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    but it's free
    the usa is expensive, shitty, and has fewer beds every year due to ‘consolidation’.

anyone who looks longingly at the medical system down south already has all the drugs they need.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    the usa is expensive, shitty, and has fewer beds every year due to ‘consolidation’.

anyone who looks longingly at the medical system down south already has all the drugs they need.
    Our system is overpriced but shitty is not accurate in terms of care. We’re very adept at taking care of our incredibly unhealthy population. We keep people alive that would have been dead twenty years ago. We never used to see morbidly obese diabetics that smoke over the age of 60 thirty years ago. Now we see 80 year olds like that all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    but it's free
    HC in Canada is not really free but it is universal and it is pretty good

the current problem is that the crayon eaters are refusing to get a vax

and some of them will die for their choices
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Depends on province. Free in Alberta depending on how you want to interpret it.

But go ahead u tell that yank “ waxman” your opinion. Americans like him just are unaware of Canada’s health system. Eye roll....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 09-25-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    HC in Canada is not really free but it is universal and it is pretty good

the current problem is that the crayon eaters are refusing to get a vax

and some of them will die for their choices
    And so will many, many others who did not have a choice, because some selfish assholes are sandbagging the ICU beds. I'm sure the tune of some people here would change very quickly if their metastasizing cancer won't be able to get cut out for several months because Jim and Jill Hickman are afraid of a needle, yet came racing up to the hospital in their lifted pavement princess the second their lungs started filling up with pus and rotting alveoli.
    Last edited by SnakeMagnet; 09-26-2021 at 01:22 AM.

He's saying it's not free because we pay for it in our taxes. Unlike in the states where I pay for it via taxes and then again at the counter.

As the unicorn states, there are some good outcomes for people. It just doesn't show up in the aggregate, with lower life expectancy and a litany of other annoyances.

But carry on, sorry to derail.

well every canadian pays for HC but they don't pay out of pocket $$ so a medical emergency doesnt bankrupt them

last year i had an MRI, a new ACL and a colonoscopy all they didn't cover is the pico sallax and the crutches

the pro's have the codes, they submit a bill to the government and get paid automagicaly

and yes life expectancy by country is lower depending on which study you look at Canada is 15th while USA is 40th

case of a guy from Golden

https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/ne...6Rw4OFc06_JV_M

from art " He did his research" while everyone in his family were vaxxed, so conflicted, of course people sending them hate messages are very wrong .. as we have filters to stop us from saying everything we think as it would be hurtful. Hopefully his story changes some minds.
    Last edited by DougW; 09-26-2021 at 10:37 AM.

well its a good thing buddy did his research altho it does not appear to be very good research, are all these people in ICU's shitty at research ?

I did my research yesturday, I seen my MD at the top of an MTB climb so i asked the pro about booster shots, are they a thing and do I need one ?

yes they are & no you don't

"He did his research" yet he missed the part about overweight people being at greater risk for bad outcomes.

Ya and vaccine something and something

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Depends on province. Free in Alberta depending on how you want to interpret it.

But go ahead u tell that yank “ waxman” your opinion. Americans like him just are unaware of Canada’s health system. Eye roll....
    thanks teamdirt, I think the eyeroll and other comment(s) are because you know me

HC is "free" and for the most part is okay. But my dad was cross prescribed some meds that interfered with his lifelong diabetes (as in they knew he had it) and ended up having massive strokes eventually leading to a long drawn out palliative care situation that if someone from the family didn't attend to him in the care center everyday he was not looked after correctly (luckily my mom is/was a nurse).
    My grandmother was misdiagnosed for something weird, actually had pneumonia and died in hospital while they were trying to figure out was wrong.
    The level of care (and at this point ICU capacity) is more a function of spending money on admin and fancy medical palaces and not making enough nurses, and doctors or recruiting from overseas (hello South Africa)
    YMMV...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

If it wasnt for SA we would have been fucked years due to the shortage of MD's

some of them have had experience doing things a doctor here don't do

In any case It doesnt matter where they are from they all gotta write the boards when they get here

Just like an MD going to the USA has to write the boards when he gets down there

last procedure had one SA pumping me full of drugs while the other SA had his scope up my ass

I don't think the MDs are any better down there other wise why do people live shorter lives down there ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-26-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Because tax cut trickle down economics righr wing conservatism doesnt work and never has. The "rugged individualists" aka tough guy wanna be's buy into it though then theyre miniscule tax cut that would otherwise pay for hc, education, infastructure gets cut or stalled. The stuff that eould actuslly benefit the average citizen. Corps rake it in with the tax cuts and mr politician gets his gravy retirement gig and a major bump in his stocks. Its a scam that the hicks buy into.
    There's a reason the countries with the highest quality of life are the highest taxed

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    There's a reason the countries with the highest quality of life are the highest taxed

Thats all well and good other than no data backs it up . Norway, Sweden and Finland all have lower corp tax rates than Canada and the US. Those countries all have high very high VATs and pretty high personal income tax but not high corp tax rates. So facts don't line up.