Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 3029
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,982
    there are people down there and up here who have valid reasons and are allowed

    but that doesnt make the border OPEN to the masses
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,563
    Sounds like openings will be tied to 2nd shot percentage. BC has the india strain(not indica) gaining a foothold and the first shot isnt nearly as effective against the india strain. 'Berta/Kenney can make all the plans he wants, the 'rona don't give af about 'berta plans

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,982
    Kenny pretty much has the Covid done and gone instead of taking it slow and cautious if you listen to the rhetoric in his press confrence

    IMO Kenny is just proving what a dumb ass he is and has always been
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,563
    Yup, Kenny is just a blowhard without the brains to back it up. 'Bertans love that shit. I dont see how Ford gets the votes. That guy just comes across as a dooofus . He's way over his head. Not sure how manitoba is fucking up so bad

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Yep dude, you can say whatever the fuck you want. However when you say really stupid shit it makes you look stupid. I don't want to censor you, you aren't spouting hate speech or something like that but I can sure as fuck ignore you in a heartbeat. So rant all you want, you have the freedom to but you should choose words that don't make you appear to be a fucking idiot.

    Further, think about how a maggot who lost his parent or good friend reading your proud "this flu is fuck all, my wife's 100 yr old grandma beat it" bullshit would feel. Do you think your denying that covid was a nasty killer, or that it was really that bad would be a good read for them? You think your proud antivax stance would sit well with somebody who lost someone close to this fucking virus?
    This

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yup, Kenny is just a blowhard without the brains to back it up. 'Bertans love that shit. I dont see how Ford gets the votes. That guy just comes across as a dooofus . He's way over his head. Not sure how manitoba is fucking up so bad

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bertans don't love that shit.

    This is not a recent article but a 75% disapproval record is impressively bad.

    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...-handling-poll

    I don't know what it is now but I doubt its much different.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yup, Kenny is just a blowhard without the brains to back it up. 'Bertans love that shit. I dont see how Ford gets the votes. That guy just comes across as a dooofus . He's way over his head. Not sure how manitoba is fucking up so bad

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Lotta dummies in Ontario, IME from growing up there.
    24° 06°

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yup, Kenny is just a blowhard without the brains to back it up. 'Bertans love that shit. I dont see how Ford gets the votes. That guy just comes across as a dooofus . He's way over his head. Not sure how manitoba is fucking up so bad

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    People were fucking sick of the Liberal government and the NDP candidate is pretty weak. It's the only reason Dolt Ford was elected.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    People were fucking sick of the Liberal government and the NDP candidate is pretty weak. It's the only reason Dolt Ford was elected.
    yes and this, totally.
    24° 06°

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So this is interesting. Haven't seen it from any other source and not sure the Point Bob news is a trustworthy source, but...
    https://www.allpointbulletin.com/sto...-june-22,16610
    Interesting. If true, this would be a serious FU from US to Canada. The two countries normally work together on border issues.

    I don't get it. US has a normal president now. US and Canada's new infection rate and percentage of vaccinated is very similar right now. In the US, even liberal, risk averse states like Oregon have mostly opened back up (Portland Trailblazers playoff game tonight indoors in front of a bunch of fans). And yet I read that 50% of Canadians believe Americans should be barred from entering until at least September. It is like a gated community who doesn't want the peons to infiltrate.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,332
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Interesting. If true, this would be a serious FU from US to Canada. The two countries normally work together on border issues.

    I don't get it. US has a normal president now. US and Canada's new infection rate and percentage of vaccinated is very similar right now. In the US, even liberal, risk averse states like Oregon have mostly opened back up (Portland Trailblazers playoff game tonight indoors in front of a bunch of fans). And yet I read that 50% of Canadians believe Americans should be barred from entering until at least September. It is like a gated community who doesn't want the peons to infiltrate.
    Yes, I think it would be a shot across the bow by the U.S. I've read a few stories suggesting that Canada's foot dragging is primarily due to politics at this point. The politicians still see this hesitancy by their electorate, so that is guiding them rather than the science. It's pretty crazy at this point that vaccinated people shouldn't be able to move freely between the two countries. Of course the U.S. also doesn't want any kind of "vaccine passport."

  12. #187
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    18,416
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    And yet I read that 50% of Canadians believe Americans should be barred from entering until at least September. It is like a gated community who doesn't want the peons to infiltrate.
    Good for them — smart like the tribes who are shut until a more stable public health situation settles in

    If only the US took the virus this seriously, we’d have fewer fatalities

    And we’d have a larger percentage of the population that “believed” it was problematic

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,605
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    <snip> It is like a gated community who doesn't want the peons to infiltrate.
    I think you hit it on the head.


  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Interesting. If true, this would be a serious FU from US to Canada. The two countries normally work together on border issues.

    I don't get it. US has a normal president now. US and Canada's new infection rate and percentage of vaccinated is very similar right now. In the US, even liberal, risk averse states like Oregon have mostly opened back up (Portland Trailblazers playoff game tonight indoors in front of a bunch of fans). And yet I read that 50% of Canadians believe Americans should be barred from entering until at least September. It is like a gated community who doesn't want the peons to infiltrate.
    The situations in individual provinces are not all the same. Quebec is doing ok and is taking a measured approach to re-opening, with a clear indication that the foot will hit the brakes if case counts go up and they will reel it back. Ontario is doing slightly worse then QC but is trending in the right direction. Not sure what their re-opening plan is yet but Doug Ford has made more than a few mis-steps so i wouldn't be surprised if he fucks it up by opening too fast. Alberta, totally opening up to fast in my opinion. Manitoba is currently fucked, sending overflowing patients to hospitals in western Ontario. The maritime provinces have been reporting higher case counts and are back in lock down in some areas. I have no idea what is happening in BC. So even if the Federal gov wanted to open up the border, some of the provinces may not be ready for that yet, and i think the decision Trudeau makes on the border will follow consultation with all of the provincial premiers. Hope that clears it up for ya!

    Edit to add: The border between Ontario and QC is still not open despite the re-opening plan being announced. It is currently still prohibited for anyone from Ontario to enter or be in Québec, unless of an exempt reason. No indication on when this will change. Just had to tell my sister, who lives in TO and who really wants to visit, that she should cool her jets unless she wants to get pulled over and turned away or fined.
    24° 06°

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    13,993
    The times is currently reporting that Manitoba is experiencing the most coronavirus transmission in NA.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    The situations in individual provinces are not all the same. Quebec is doing ok and is taking a measured approach to re-opening, with a clear indication that the foot will hit the brakes if case counts go up and they will reel it back. Ontario is doing slightly worse then QC but is trending in the right direction. Not sure what their re-opening plan is yet but Doug Ford has made more than a few mis-steps so i wouldn't be surprised if he fucks it up by opening too fast. Alberta, totally opening up to fast in my opinion. Manitoba is currently fucked, sending overflowing patients to hospitals in western Ontario. The maritime provinces have been reporting higher case counts and are back in lock down in some areas. I have no idea what is happening in BC. So even if the Federal gov wanted to open up the border, some of the provinces may not be ready for that yet, and i think the decision Trudeau makes on the border will follow consultation with all of the provincial premiers. Hope that clears it up for ya!

    Edit to add: The border between Ontario and QC is still not open despite the re-opening plan being announced. It is currently still prohibited for anyone from Ontario to enter or be in Québec, unless of an exempt reason. No indication on when this will change. Just had to tell my sister, who lives in TO and who really wants to visit, that she should cool her jets unless she wants to get pulled over and turned away or fined.
    Ontario's current "plan" still has us in restrictions in mid-august, and doesn't have any estimate as to when we can be fully open again. We're not even in step 1 yet. Doug Ford is a flaming joke of a fool.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	THREE-STEP-PLAN.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	380.4 KB 
ID:	375749

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    12,079
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    there are people down there and up here who have valid reasons and are allowed

    but that doesnt make the border OPEN to the masses
    If you were replying to me, that's not what I was inferring. It's easier to cross southbound at this point. Northbound, not so much.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    12,079
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    ...pretty crazy at this point that vaccinated people shouldn't be able to move freely between the two countries. Of course the U.S. also doesn't want any kind of "vaccine passport."
    And that's the rub.

    From a Whatcom County/Lower Mainland perspective, we don't want the border open either. Our numbers are shit, and BC has the B.1.617 variant.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I can say what I fucking want! another problem with you minions is the censorship of what someone has to say if it doesn't align with your thoughts.

    Level headed??? Government Putting fear into people doesn't make them level headed. Scared sheep is what they are.

    I could care less if you want to be a guinea pig for the drug companies. I hope it works out for you.

    I don't believe covid is a hoax, just not as bad as healthcare wants you to believe. It does show how poor the system is that it can not handle 400+ people being admitted thought the entire province. The hospitals always run at capacity.
    And it shows the poor health many people are in.
    I know of a half dozen people who had covid, a few days of flu like symptoms and back to business.
    Wife's grandmother beat covid at 100 years old....

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    I also know exactly 1/2 dozen people who've had covid. 5 were mild cases. One is dead.

    Arrogant and ignorant is a dangerous combo. Please kill youself.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,332
    It seems like both countries would only want vaccinated people getting through at this point. Not sure why that can't happen.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    12,079
    It would be political suicide for Trudeau (although, his goose is probably cooked no matter what), and vaccination status can't currently be verified.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    15,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It would be political suicide for Trudeau (although, his goose is probably cooked no matter what), and vaccination status can't currently be verified.
    Sure it can, the government has a record of it. It wouldn't take much to create an app or a special ID card to verify that information.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    13,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It would be political suicide for Trudeau (although, his goose is probably cooked no matter what), and vaccination status can't currently be verified.
    it’s not impossible for canadians because of the state healthcare system. they’d just have to expose an api to reveal citizen’s medical records. what could go wrong?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    From a Whatcom County/Lower Mainland perspective, we don't want the border open either. Our numbers are shit, and BC has the B.1.617 variant.
    Really? I assume most in Whatcom County would love to have the border open due to the money they are losing. Maybe different for those who don't make a living off Canadians or don't need money. Whatcom County is currently at 14 new cases per 100,000 (lower than Pierce County, Tacoma at 22). BC is at 9. By comparison, Manitoba, the worst place in all of North America, is at 34.

    Oh, and the B.1.617 is Oregon too.

    https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2021...in-oregon.html

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Interesting. If true, this would be a serious FU from US to Canada. The two countries normally work together on border issues.

    I don't get it. US has a normal president now. US and Canada's new infection rate and percentage of vaccinated is very similar right now. In the US, even liberal, risk averse states like Oregon have mostly opened back up (Portland Trailblazers playoff game tonight indoors in front of a bunch of fans). And yet I read that 50% of Canadians believe Americans should be barred from entering until at least September. It is like a gated community who doesn't want the peons to infiltrate.
    wait you guys are still under some semblance of a lockdown according to this atricle?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •