Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I've been wondering how much hate we would get if we did a Christmas break trip to ski Lake Louise. Just canceled our Hawaii plans.
    It's been welcoming in Vancouver and Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by scandy89 View Post
    Hey if you did take the risks into consideration and look into it for yourself that’s awesome and I applaud yours and anyone else’s decision. But I feel you might be in the minority.

I ask real basic questions to vaccinated friends and they have no clue what im talking about. I’ve brought up the ineffectiveness against delta and they still think they’re completely immune and run around acting like it. And that’s the harm in the narratives being pushed by mainstream media and social media. It encourages ignorance. And I blame right wing news just as much for pushing the other side without encouraging people look into it.

And in terms of doing what’s right for humanity I guess that gets into much more of a philosophical discussion of does a focus on the greater good, or a focus on the individual create the best society, the most amount of good, and the most cooperation when needed.
    facts must be your Kryptonite, and logical thought process
    I'm sure you'll cherry pick some statistics, move the goal posts, or more projection and whataboutism to p[rove your moronic point, carry on goat fucker

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-Delta-variant
    Vaccines vs. Delta variant
    Since the Delta variant emerged, scientists have been trying to establish whether the current COVID-19 vaccines are as effective against it.

Recent studies show there’s been a slight decrease in observed effectiveness since March, when the Delta variant only made up 7 percent of COVID-19 cases in the United States.

By the time July rolled around, this figure skyrocketed to 94 percent.

Scientists say immunity may wane over time and new more infectious variants in a population may affect vaccine effectiveness, among many other factors.

However, according to the latest studyTrusted Source released by the CDC, unvaccinated people are over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 than vaccinated people.

Unvaccinated people are also 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than vaccinated people, the study found.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...ariant-vaccine
    Early research from the U.K. suggests that, after full vaccination, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 88% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID-19 virus caused by the delta variant. The vaccine is 96% effective at preventing severe disease with the COVID-19 virus caused by the delta variant. The research also showed that the vaccine is 93% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID-19 virus caused by the alpha variant.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...-variant-covid
    Although fully vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection can infect others, the CDC reports that the amount of viral genetic material may decrease faster in vaccinated people—so, while they have been found to carry the same amount of virus in their noses and throats as unvaccinated people, studies have also found they may spread virus for a shorter time.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they could do something about the Fentynal crisis which is actualy killing more people than COVID but I doubt it
    i agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but i don't get minimizing covid because fentanyl isn't being taken seriously. Not to mention that this is also inaccurate, fentanyl killed 6200 in 2020.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but i don't get minimizing covid because fentanyl isn't being taken seriously. Not to mention that this is also inaccurate, fentanyl killed 6200 in 2020.
    well covid is affecting everyone period because its an epidemic and they havent been able to fix that

while fentynal is only killing the people who take it but it is killing > Covid

of all the things gov could do the fentynal chrisis is probably the most doable,

just giving out clean dope could save a lot of lives

solving the housing chrisis is not anywhere near likeley if you weren't on that ship when it sailed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Rosie Barton asked all the right questions and the tool looked like the tool that he is bigtime. Allowing unnvaxxed on passenger planes is a major stumbling block. I think ive caught atleast a cold on most plane trips ive had. Recycled air in a trash can stuffed full like sardines will do that. What a moron. Nailed him on gun control flip flop, or i should say he nailed himself. It was ez to see he left a lot of wiggle room to backtrack to his original stance. Then Rosie held him to the fire on his private health care stance. He looked like a flip flopping weasel from start to finish. Corporate lawyer bought and paid for by corporations. What did people expect? A con(servative) through and through

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

And was any different than Singh at answering hard questions? "you didn't answer the question" same answer word for word "you didn't answer the question" again same answer word for word, come on at least have the confidence to waffle using different words

Wouldn't you rather have a person who succeeded at two careers before going into politics compared to JT who was peter pan?? Engineering - 2nd year was so hard I'll quit .

I don't like toole stance on federal vac pastport but a bit of private health care like most Euro countries if properly regulated would be a good thing. I just had a private MRI rather than waiting 9 months will mean 1 crappy ski seaon rather than two.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Cons is always trickle down economics, cut taxes , privatize, feed their corporate donors. Never benefits the country or the majority of its population. Dude is a corporate lawyer/
    I trust the ndp about a million times more. They would have to do a complete 180 on every single issue to be untrustworthy. Their intentions are for the people not the corps and consequentially thats what we need. Theyre not going to form gov't but they will keep the libs in check. Singh has matured into a good speaker and refined his policies and i think he's an hinourable guy. Maybe next time he can form a minority govt for the ndp.
    Conservatives throughout the country have totally fkd the covid response and theyve always fucked the economy. Theyre gqp light

We choose to disagree. I was there for the NDP trying to run Ont. Not good. The NDP in BC do a good job. Federally are for the most part good in opposition like Charlie Angus. The NDP are not good at growing the economy , like the NDP in Sask pretty good at managing but their ideological baggage meant that not good at growing econ.

Corporate lawyer are smart and he also was a CAF air nav officer. Who else has been a corp lawyer , Chretien, McKenna etc . Why do Canadians vote for the dumbest guy in the room? Self esteem issues??
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

So the craft brew is checking ever one for the Vax

they scan your vax code you have down loaded to your phone on their system
    I just sent it to myself in a text so its easy to bring up

it checks a DB which sez yeah or nay

without a valid vax code no sit down service for the beer or food or a movie
    pretty quick and easy

I gave the owner a thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Why do Canadians vote for the dumbest guy in the room? Self esteem issues??
    Because they don’t have the balls, brains or motivation to do something on their own. They need there hands held and need to be told what to do to have stability to live their lives...,f’n pussies. Drove through Golden earlier today. Bunch of dirtbags lobbying for votes at the bridge.

Conservatives are put in place by corporations. Thats their whole thing. Nothing else has ever come of it in my lifetime. Ever.
    You forgot Notley. If oil didnt go in the shitter she'd still be there and it got waaaay worse after berta put the blowhard in power.
    If im going to error im going to error on the direction that this country needs to be heading and thats not to the right ever and definitely not at this time in history. That would be incredibly dumb and dangerous with the pandemic raging. Corps have made enough in this pandemic

Well the Corp bashing sounds alot like the conspiracy theory BS that the anti vaxx people use so these days so I have no tolerance for it. The Liberals are the natural governing party of Canada with a good balance between business and handouts to the people. The Cons are necessary when the Liberals become too long in power and corrupt. The NDP are the social conscience but are not mature enough to ever govern. Muclair came close and would have made a good PM but the Liberals took NDP voters by promising bread and circuses. Hard core NDPers really didn't want to win anyway unless the unelectable far left agenda was there.

Notley did an alright job but its easy to run a company if you don't care about making a profit. Its easy to be liked if you never say no to anybodies asks for money. You can't do that forever. The BC NDP don't do that.

edit- I think you misunderstand who supports which party. Harper changed that party funding reg to benefit the Cons. Got rid of big donours but putting limits which hurt the NDP as they most money from unions. It helped the Cons because they got most of their money from lots of small biz and lots of little old ladies. The Liberals suffered because they got the bulk of their money from Corp Canada. The Liberals have way more connections to corp Canada . The Irvings are Liberals, Mckenna -Francis Joseph McKenna PC OC ONB QC is a Canadian businessman and former politician and diplomat. He is currently Deputy Chairman of the Toronto-Dominion Bank. He served as Canadian Ambassador to the United States from 2005 to 2006. He served as the 27th premier of New Brunswick from 1987 to 1997 liberal. Lots of examples.
    Last edited by DougW; 09-18-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So the craft brew is checking ever one for the Vax

they scan your vax code you have down loaded to your phone on their system
    I just sent it to myself in a text so its easy to bring up

it checks a DB which sez yeah or nay

without a valid vax code no sit down service for the beer or food or a movie
    pretty quick and easy

I gave the owner a thumbs up
    I put mine in my notes so its right there

must be other ways too

Not a conspiracy if its trickle down economics. Tax cuts always favor the corporations. Its not a shell game if its a provable fact. Grinds me that the tool tries to play off his military service. He voted with the harper govt to cut veterans benefits. That always struck me as incredibly cruel. I had friends parents that needed their help from veteran services and the cons closed down a lot of locations. Left a lot of seniors having to travel long distences to get hearing aids or glasses or whatever. If the tool had half a clue then he'd know it was cruel, greasy and would bite him in the ass. Cons serve only big business. Ill consider otherwise if you can name a political move theyve made for anything but big business. Its literally been their downfall provincially with covid. Opening too soon for big business.
    I have no political loyalty. I voted liberal last election and ndp this one because it makes the most sense for average canadians including me.
    I also think Singh is a smart guy, well intentioned and has shown humility. He'll appoint the right people if he would be able to form gov't amd listen

the cons under the harper government severely fucked over the vets in a big way

also Harper was wearing a uniform when he never served which is considered a HUGE no no

what a fucking jerk

I guess otool was just falling in line with the harper govt but that move , i think, was so cruel and heartless that it just shows a real lack of integrity
    Trudeau was actually pretty upfront with Rosie. He didnt side step the hard questions. I do question his integrity though. Good intentions but i think he gets lead around a bit by the party insiders
    Really hope Jagmeet picks his seat numbers and that douchey chameleon Bernier trims a few votes off the tool but still gets zero representation

Good read about his military service that is at the forefront of his branding:

https://thesidebar.ca/2021/05/21/eri...itary-service/

Surprise surprise. Probably had bone spurs. Bit risky working on a sea king , even though sounds like he just flew over canadian waters
    Besides covid, the economy/corporate grift, health care, guns the most pressing thing is the environment. None of tgat shit matters if the planet is destroyed. We dont have time to fuck around with these right wing corporate lackeys

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    In which city?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    So, are the doctors and nurses in this video full of shit?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ated-1.5587419

Fuckin' scary, man. The very last tidbit of information at the end is awesome.
    Is this a rhetorical question? Of course they’re not full of shit. Every hospital with an ICU in North America is like that right now. That could be my ICU that I walked through yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question? Of course they’re not full of shit. Every hospital with an ICU in North America is like that right now. That could be my ICU that I walked through yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ya its rhetorical. Take care MU. Hopefully this shit tapers soon

Time for the Libs to take a 4-8 year time out, as is tradition. The entitlement is strong, the ethics weak.

Friendly reminder that politicians (conservative, liberal, dipper) don't give a fuck about you, their job is first and foremost to get elected, and then re-elected, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    Time for the Libs to take a 4-8 year time out, as is tradition. The entitlement is strong, the ethics weak.

Friendly reminder that politicians (conservative, liberal, dipper) don't give a fuck about you, their job is first and foremost to get elected, and then re-elected, no matter what.
    I dunno about Canuckistan, but here in "Merika! I'd take the other guys than these...

Right-Wing Conspiracy Rally Collapses Under Weight of Right-Wing Conspiracies
    https://frontier.yahoo.com/entertain...173520497.html

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post

A bit o truth there. Justin has had some cringe worthy entitled comments. Still much rather have them than the cons . The economy wont tank , atleast they acknowledge the environment and theyre determined on containing covid. NDP will hold them to it because they have to

Yup. Thinking another minority Lib govt will be the result. Quebec and the split between the Bloc and the Cons votes will be the determining factor IMO; Cons could squeak a minority, but I'm not seeing the momentum outside of the western provinces. NDP seats will not likely change significantly. Just another $600million going into pockets that produce nothing but discourse.