Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    guy is just a reformed telemark ear,
    I prefer to think of them as skiers that are weak-kneed.

As for the lady with the piercings, politics in our ill-informed, under-educated, and increasing lack of fellow-feeling democracy, such appearances matter. It's a fucking popularity contest. The only reason the system doesn't collapse is that the bureaucracy, as bloated and cumbersome as it is, actually has some smart people all through the ranks, that keep the ship on an even keel despite the ineptitudes of our elected leaders. And remember, when money or policy is moving really fast in government systems as large as our western democracies take a good hard look at the process - there be corruption in there somewhere.

I can't get past the face piercing in anybody without seeing Vince ask the question

but I am probably a little more accepting than the average nartherner so how does shit-in-face play if she knocks on a door to ask for a vote even tho she is actualy well spoken ?

Taylor wears really nice suits, rides a cargo bike wearing a white helmet, kind of a Justin trudeau knockoff fashion wise, which I think drove the local conservatives wild when he was mayor

buddy was a pretty good telemarker, but mostly he is working insted of skiing cuz In a riding the size of bulkley/ stikine the job is 90 hrs a week almost half that is traveling up/down/ sideway and to ottawa
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-16-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

Our political system is broken and we can do better.
    I'm sorry but that has to be one of the dumber things about Canada posted on TGR. Every ranking of political system puts Canada near the top better than 90% of countries with PR. PR has merits but its very complex , exit polling in Germany showed that the majority of people didn't have an understanding of what their 2nd vote really did. For PR to work you need smarter people, for democracy to work better you need smarter people. PR will not make anyone's dick bigger or their ass smaller so don't believe the crap that Fair Vote Canada tell you. Its too bad that this election more than others seems to be very South Parkesk between a giant douche , a shit sandwich ( but with O'Toole moving to centre maybe less so) and what do I call Singh? lying cunt who knows almost all of his posturing is lying BS. But he will never be PM and so his promises of populist BS are meaningless. Don't get me wrong the BC NDP are doing a pretty good job.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Holy polyass guys… when’s the border opening?

That said…. This election is a 600 million dollar waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    True, don't fucking know, true.
    And DougW, I've said way stupider things on this board so fuck off.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

if you don't like the democracy go back to russia,

in any case I think its just Gary's time of the month
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-16-2021 at 07:58 PM.

I haven't been following this thread lately and I'm sorry if this was covered but this 24 hr turnaround by Kenney is something you don't see every day

https://globalnews.ca/video/8194570/...d-19-decisions

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/i-apolog...plan-1.5587497

even the shittiest canadian pols are so much better than down south it's pretty amazing and yet my republican dad will send me every dumb article he can find about how the metric system sucks. thanks, dad.

Anyway, picked up the MIL from the airport, she was barely off the plane from Edmonton before launching into a tirade about it being sheer pandemonium over there (she's a retired nurse).

I hope it gets better for everyone, and especially her old coworkers.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Calgary mayyor Nanshi just roasted that blowhard kenney pretty hard. The mayor is a class act and not prone to attacks near as blunt. He said he's worked with 6 different premiers in his stint as cowtown mayor and the kenndy govt is the most incompetent he's ever seen. Mayors pulling no punches and he's ususlly quite measured and diplomatic

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

USA back to 150k+ daily new cases and ~2000 deaths a day. Time to close the border again.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    USA back to 150k+ daily new cases and ~2000 deaths a day. Time to close the border again.
    And Dougie calls another lock down in 5...4...3...argggghhhh! How are your kids getting along with this? I fear the fallout of school back in with Delta running amuck.

Maybe a road trip to New Hampshire next year? I'm not getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    And Dougie calls another lock down in 5...4...3...argggghhhh! How are your kids getting along with this? I fear the fallout of school back in with Delta running amuck.

Maybe a road trip to New Hampshire next year? I'm not getting any younger.
    If Dougie calls a lockdown it'll spell the end for him.
    If they close schools again - the same.

Kids are fine - they wear their masks, they follow the rules, and every day they say they had a great day. In-person school has got to be a billion times better than online. We cannot go back to that shit. "outbreak" declared at my kids' school yesterday, but that just means they suspect there was transmission from one positive case to another person in the same cohort. Those students are isolating and doing whatever it is public health says to do. Everyone else carries on. Same thing happened last year a few times, it is what it is but please Dougie keep the schools open at all costs.

We just need to hang on until what - December? That's when Pfizer should be approved for 5+? I hope they bring nurses and needles right in to the gyms on Day 1.

Once kids are vaxxed we will probably head to VT for a few days. There are people there I miss.

Doug needs to limit the size of indoor gatherings and sell it in the name of keeping schools and businesses open.

If he could do from two weeks ago, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    The new cases numbers seemed to have peaked and are now going back down. Hopefully that trend continues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Doug needs to limit the size of indoor gatherings and sell it in the name of keeping schools and businesses open.

If he could do from two weeks ago, that would be great.
    Hey at least he flip-flopped on the most obvious vaccine passport thing that everyone wanted him to do, and that starts Wednesday. Once he could #BlameTrudeau, of course.

Sharp jump in tests (probably school related), lower positivity rate, slight increase in cases, 7-day average cases is lower, hospitalizations and ICUs continue to remain flat. What does it all mean!

...I think it means the vaccines are working.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...security-pact/

Got to purge the ones you can't trust.

Wow, I didn't mean to turn it this political, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post

That's what I thought too. Trudeau wins covid, wins election, border opens. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

https://youtu.be/MTCqXlDjx18
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

So far Covid has not behaved as expected, why would it do so now ?

Hopefully after trying everything else the people in charge will do the right thing and listen to science

which is not infalible but its > politicians chasing money & votes

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

Trudeau is on record as saying that the one country that he admires most other than his own country, is China. But it is worse than that: unlike other G7 countries Canada refuses to prevent Huawei from becoming Canada's 5g provider.

Indeed, Canada under the Trudeau Liberals is a security threat to our closest neighbours and allies.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Trudeau is on record as saying that the one country that he admires most other than his own country, is China. But it is worse than that: unlike other G7 countries Canada refuses to prevent Huawei from becoming Canada's 5g provider.

Indeed, Canada under the Trudeau Liberals is a security threat to our closest neighbours and allies.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3899392/t...ost-not-china/

Oh my fuck, eat up that right wing shit salad much?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

fuck

does this mean we will only be able to buy drab green clothing if Trudeau wins a majority ?

I am sorry but in spite of the AZN thing green is not my color

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    This has to be the dumbest thing ever posted on TGR. You call Singh a liar, but nothing about O'Toole who has been talking out of both sides of his mouth this whole election.
    I had just got the NDP flier that day. Homes we can afford- really how you going to do that other fund affordable, Better jobs with higher wages - how do the Feds do that? or anyone in power, Tackling the climate crisis NOW- really yes Canada should do its part but is a global issue with global action required , I've Singh dance around a lot of hard questions not come close to answering being told he didn't answer and repeat the same. They were hard questions granted. But he guy is outwardly delusional. But he didn't promise to make everyone's dick bigger.

Lying cunt was a bit strong as I couldn't come up with a third to giant douche and trud sandwich . I voted for Mulcair , I have voted for every party. But Singh lately is losing a lot of my respect playing to the moronic NDP base which goes wild for BS promises. It doesn't help that in my riding that the NDP guy is dead from the neck up. The Con is not a winner either but meh.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Trudeau's big problem is that he is the PM

The best place to be in Canadian politics is elected to the opposition with almost zero chance of forming a gov CUZ it pays I beleive 186k per year, hang in for a few terms and get the great pension

and you can say almost anything and never have to worry about delivering, does anybody really believe the housing issue which took decades to happen or anything else they promise can be solved in 4 yrs ... give yer head a shake

they could do something about the Fentynal crisis which is actualy killing more people than COVID but I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they could do something about the Fentynal crisis which is actualy killing more people than COVID but I doubt it
    a thousand times this
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca