Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 3029
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    3,832
    I know it's selfish of me, but I have been enjoying the opportunity to reserve a spot in a provincial campground without all the travel bots snapping them up 2sec after the system permits reservations. The lack of tourists in oversized rental motorhomes driving the highway during the TransMtn pipeline construction makes the delays almost manageable. A few more alberta sledders this past winter, and a few more city folk from Kamloops and the Okanagan were in the local backcountry, but otherwise it has been so very peaceful. No US recreational fishermen overstaying their welcome at the campsites on the west coast of Van Is last year, and will continue this season.

    But all good things eventually come to an end. It'll be interesting to see what happens this upcoming fall and winter and how all the pent up demand will be realized.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,358
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Yer a little quick on the draw there partnerÖ..How are you gonna write down the booster shot that youíre going to be required to get?
    Grease pencil sales are due to go up next year, methinks.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,030
    The local lodges will need the border to open up before trying to operate, 70% of traffic thru the lodges is foreign either American or Yurp so they can't make $ on Canadian bookings and the Covid situation has been changing so they aren't ready, hell the borders are still closed and case rates still have to come way down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    2,042
    Put up a wall!!

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,030
    ya so how did that go for Trump ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,759
    NYT basically declared the pandemic over in the U.S. in their email this morning.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,030
    when a country that has killed >600000 people basicly issues a press release, that is important
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,358
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    NYT basically declared the pandemic over in the U.S. in their email this morning.
    In the United States, there is now an excellent chance that the retreat is permanent. Victory over Covid has not yet arrived, but it is growing close. After almost a year and a half of sickness, death, grieving and isolation, the progress is cause for genuine joy.
    More than 60 percent of American adults have received at least one vaccine shot, and the share is growing by about two percentage points per week. Among unvaccinated people, a substantial number have already had Covid and therefore have some natural immunity. “The virus is running out of places to be communicable,” Andy Slavitt, one of President Biden’s top Covid advisers, told me.

    The share of Covid tests coming back positive has fallen below 3 percent for the first time since widespread testing began, and the number of hospitalized patients has fallen to the lowest point in 11 months, Dr. Eric Topol of the Scripps Research Translational Institute noted. For the first time since March 5 of last year, San Francisco General Hospital yesterday had no Covid patients — “a truly momentous day,” Dr. Vivek Jain said.

    There are still important caveats. Covid remains especially dangerous in communities with low vaccination rates, as Slavitt noted, including much of the Southeast; these communities may suffer through future outbreaks. And about 600 Americans continue to die from the disease every day.

    But the sharp decline in cases over the past month virtually guarantees that deaths will fall over the next month. The pandemic appears to be in an exponential-decay phase, as this helpful Times essay by ZoŽ McLaren explains. “Every case of Covid-19 that is prevented cuts off transmission chains, which prevents many more cases down the line,” she writes.
    This isn’t merely a theoretical prediction. In Britain, one of the few countries to have given a shot to a greater share of the population than the U.S., deaths are down more than 99 percent from their peak.
    I think there is good reason to be optimistic. Not sure I'd go so far as to declare victory quite yet...

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    NYT basically declared the pandemic over in the U.S. in their email this morning.
    No they didn't.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    12,285
    Can't believe Biden hasn't given a victorious speech under a "Mission Accomplished" banner yet.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,358
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Can't believe Biden hasn't given a victorious speech under a "Mission Accomplished" banner yet.
    I'm not going to go so far as to say Biden is smart, but I think he's at least not as dumb as Dubya!

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I know it's selfish of me, but I have been enjoying the opportunity to reserve a spot in a provincial campground without all the travel bots snapping them up 2sec after the system permits reservations. The lack of tourists in oversized rental motorhomes driving the highway during the TransMtn pipeline construction makes the delays almost manageable. A few more alberta sledders this past winter, and a few more city folk from Kamloops and the Okanagan were in the local backcountry, but otherwise it has been so very peaceful. No US recreational fishermen overstaying their welcome at the campsites on the west coast of Van Is last year, and will continue this season.

    But all good things eventually come to an end. It'll be interesting to see what happens this upcoming fall and winter and how all the pent up demand will be realized.
    Feel the same way as you do over here on the eastern slopes. Once you figure out the highly predictable outdoor recreational patterns of the local or Canadian visitor, its gotten much easier to avoid crowds and the type of shit human that tourist season usually provides.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    actualy after a great start last year they opened things up, shit got worse, last summer there were zero cases up narht so they closed things down again last winter, vax will be the great game changer other wise we would be having 4th and 5th waves

    who knows what happened down south but I herd it has been a godamn free for all, they hid the bodies in worldometer, almost 3 times as many dead percapita
    You don't think someone would know if there were bodies piling up??? Any reasonable data or just pro vaxxer heresay?
    You government minions sure can spin the stories to make yourselves feel good.




    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,030
    600,000 dead wasnt really any secret, pick any reason you want to justify it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    17,545
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Can't believe Biden hasn't given a victorious speech under a "Mission Accomplished" banner yet.
    That is in the Gang of Punks playbook, not the Dummycrats
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I agree, but want to point out that it ain't everyone. There's an income limit. I didn't get a check at all this most recent time.
    So stupid. Means testing on pre pandemic income.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    So stupid. Means testing on pre pandemic income.
    Egg-fucking-zackly. I got laid off in December, due to the pandemic. No stim checks for us, because I made too much before the pandemic.

    The distribution of financial relief was so fucking lame - they should have just flown C-130's over the US and randomly dumped $100 bills. I know several folks who got PPP loans, and every one was forgiven. None of those folks were in financial straits. One guy has his own mortgage business, had one of his best years ever (gazillion refis, due to interest rates bottoming out), had his 200,000 PPP loan forgiven. Fkdup!

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    4,363
    You should research retroactive covid payments. You may be eligible for payments in 2022 if you lost your job in 2021 or 2020.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/lose...oactively.html

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    You don't think someone would know if there were bodies piling up??? Any reasonable data or just pro vaxxer heresay?
    You government minions sure can spin the stories to make yourselves feel good.




    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    "Pro Vaxxer???"

    no no no no no - you don't get to make up labels for intelligent, reasonable, level-headed people who are all going out and doing the right thing to get rid of this stupid virus. Which just so happen to be the VAST majority of the population.

    "government minions??" Oh and fuck right off with this, too.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,187
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    You don't think someone would know if there were bodies piling up??? Any reasonable data or just pro vaxxer heresay?
    You government minions sure can spin the stories to make yourselves feel good.




    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    He can call me a pro vaxxer all he wants.

    There is a metric fuck tonne of good data but you seem unable to find any of it.

    I donít waste my time trying to find conspiracy theories, instead I choose to believe the medical experts and governments who nearly unanimously agree on the facts surrounding this pandemic. Governments that rarely agree on much agree on almost everything surrounding this. And you think this is all a massive government conspiracy/hoax for some reason?

    You've demonstrated a continual willingness to believe and spew horse shit ideas. Give your head a shake... the entire world is not trying to trick you.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    4,363
    Americans are not yet free to travel everywhere in the USA. The Makah tribe (Neah Bay, the very NW tip of the continental US) voted to extend their closure of their reservation to at least October 1st. This cuts off some of the best surfing, kayaking, and beach hiking for Washingtonians. Other tribes also still have their reservations closed for the foreseeable future.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Americans are not yet free to travel everywhere in the USA. The Makah tribe (Neah Bay, the very NW tip of the continental US) voted to extend their closure of their reservation to at least October 1st. This cuts off some of the best surfing, kayaking, and beach hiking for Washingtonians. Other tribes also still have their reservations closed for the foreseeable future.
    Theyíre considered sovereign nations they can do whatever they please. Travel inside of USA is back in a big way these fringe cases aside. My work just approved for all of us pro-Vaxxers to go raw dog if we show proof of vaccination. Itís a brave new world.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    "Pro Vaxxer???"

    no no no no no - you don't get to make up labels for intelligent, reasonable, level-headed people who are all going out and doing the right thing to get rid of this stupid virus. Which just so happen to be the VAST majority of the population.

    "government minions??" Oh and fuck right off with this, too.
    I can say what I fucking want! another problem with you minions is the censorship of what someone has to say if it doesn't align with your thoughts.

    Level headed??? Government Putting fear into people doesn't make them level headed. Scared sheep is what they are.

    I could care less if you want to be a guinea pig for the drug companies. I hope it works out for you.

    I don't believe covid is a hoax, just not as bad as healthcare wants you to believe. It does show how poor the system is that it can not handle 400+ people being admitted thought the entire province. The hospitals always run at capacity.
    And it shows the poor health many people are in.
    I know of a half dozen people who had covid, a few days of flu like symptoms and back to business.
    Wife's grandmother beat covid at 100 years old....

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,358
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I know of a half dozen people who had covid, a few days of flu like symptoms and back to business.
    Wife's grandmother beat covid at 100 years old....
    Well, that proves it, folks. Nothing to see here. Please move along.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,633
    Oh, looky here! Another moran for the Ignore list.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •