Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3042
    Well thanks.....

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Relatively safe here but sorry. Maybe hawaii?

This apology is the most Canadian thing in this thread…. You’ve passed the test. You’re definitely not a Russian bot.

Spasiba

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    when/if the US/CND boarder opens for non-essential travel, will the restrictions be the same for both directions?

IE most of the info, news is letting US into CND.

but what about MY fall road trip to UT? can that happen?
    You know the whole enchilada burnt up right?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    You know the whole enchilada burnt up right?

yes. I usually avoid Moab anyways. Too peoplie. but UT has lots of other fun stuff.

Its absolutely true though. Some in rhe thread have admitted it and trg is just a small sample and mostly left leaning. People that would be more than welcome otherwise. The old dont kill the msger, kill the msg rings true

It's "true" that Americans don't want to go to Canada because they can't bring their guns? Has that EVER been allowed? I seriously doubt it. Nobody would want to bring a gun to Canada for any other reason than to hunt, and it's not even hunting season.

Basically what I see in this thread from the Canadians is rhetoric as bad as the MAGA crowd in the U.S., who stereotype and generalize about Mexicans and Muslims. I bet XXX'er has hardly even been to America and he probably actually knows less than 5 American citizens. He bases his opinions on what he's fed by the media like CBC, most of whom hate America. BTW I've been told over and over again by foreigners visiting America that the reality is completely different than what they were led to believe by their country's anti-American media.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    It's "true" that Americans don't want to go to Canada because they can't bring their guns? Has that EVER been allowed? I seriously doubt it. Nobody would want to bring a gun to Canada for any other reason than to hunt, and it's not even hunting season.

Basically what I see in this thread from the Canadians is rhetoric as bad as the MAGA crowd in the U.S., who stereotype and generalize about Mexicans and Muslims. I bet XXX'er has hardly even been to America and he probably actually knows less than 5 American citizens. He bases his opinions on what he's fed by the media like CBC, most of whom hate America. BTW I've been told over and over again by foreigners visiting America that the reality is completely different than what they were led to believe by their country's anti-American media.
    I pretty much agree with the above post except the part about the guns.

Years ago I worked as a ticket seller in Sidney B.C. at the Sidney Anachortes Ferry. Canada Customs had a office in the terminal and regularly found Americans trying to enter Canada with their firearms. They were given the option of continuing their trip by surrendering the weapons that would then be sent back to Anacortes on the next ferry and stored in a safe until picked up by the owner on their return to the USA...at no cost.

The second option was for the traveler to keep their weapons cancel the trip to Canada and buy a ticket for the return ferry to Anacortes. This was the most popular option.

As a family we'd cross into maine lots from our cottage and hit up bangrrr for some shopping. Maybe stay at Dick Stacy when they took canadian money at pawrrrr Go to Ll bean or eddie bauer or some other outlet we didnt have. We always found it strange that the cashier was some ex marine with his side arm in these sleepy little towns(it was the 70's). The story was always about some lady living alone and some attacker tried to break in her house and assault her and her gun saved the day. Even though we were kids it was a collective family eye roll. Maybe if you live in some huge city and don't see that as much or its just become so common having everyone packing heat that you dont think twice. News flash: it isnt just canadians that find muricans addiction to guns ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Agreed. Plenty of people take the whole "pry it from of my cold, dead hands" thing pretty seriously.

I’m gonna agree with Yeahman on this one, it feels exaggerated like everything else in the media. As an American Midwesterner, I’ve spent plenty of time in small towns rural Saskatchewan and Manitoba for either hockey tournaments or hunting growing up. From what I’ve seen, there’s no difference between the US or Canada when it comes to guns or general red neck-ery in these rural cities.

Now the ghetto in Toronto might not exactly be the west side of Chicago when it comes to violence but let’s not act like every country doesn’t have its opportunities.

https://www.cbc.ca/cbcdocspov/featur...by-the-numbers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As a family we'd cross into maine lots from our cottage and hit up bangrrr for some shopping. Maybe stay at Dick Stacy when they took canadian money at pawrrrr Go to Ll bean or eddie bauer or some other outlet we didnt have. We always found it strange that the cashier was some ex marine with his side arm in these sleepy little towns(it was the 70's). The story was always about some lady living alone and some attacker tried to break in her house and assault her and her gun saved the day. Even though we were kids it was a collective family eye roll. Maybe if you live in some huge city and don't see that as much or its just become so common having everyone packing heat that you dont think twice. News flash: it isnt just canadians that find muricans addiction to guns ridiculous

Weird that’s where I grew up and had my license in 77 so got around. I have no recollection of ever seeing a gun and never heard that story from anyone.

The big change I remember from seventies to the eighties was in seventies most pickup trucks had a gun rack in back window often with a rifle or two. Gun racks disappeared in the eighties.

(pretty random anecdote) but my sisters best friends husband refuses to come into to Canada on the sole basis he can't bring his guns. If not for his trucking job I'm not sure he'd ever leave his state (Texas).

Years ago I worked as a ticket seller in Sidney B.C. at the Sidney Anachortes Ferry. Canada Customs had a office in the terminal and regularly found Americans trying to enter Canada with their firearms. They were given the option of continuing their trip by surrendering the weapons that would then be sent back to Anacortes on the next ferry and stored in a safe until picked up by the owner on their return to the USA...at no cost.

The second option was for the traveler to keep their weapons cancel the trip to Canada and buy a ticket for the return ferry to Anacortes. This was the most popular option.
    different culture eh, I've heard a couple of American tell me they completely forgot about the guns until CBSA asks "do you have any firearms ? " I assume its cuz they always have guns ?

I've got 4 repeat customer steelhead fishermen customers who bring a nasty assault rifle looking shot gun for bears on the babine but they did their home work and its allowed which even amazed the CBSA , these guys are hockey players and actualy act/sound more like Canadians almost no twang

maybe America just needs more hockey eh ?

so now I only have to come up with one more American and playing the Carpathian card rounds that out to an even 5

I haven't traveled that widely in America probably due mostly to the dollar exchange, Newyawk, California, Oregon Moab, AK, Vegas, probably > the average American has traveled in Canada IF he even knows where Canada is ?

But come on ... America is just too fucking dangerous eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    I’m gonna agree with Yeahman on this one, it feels exaggerated like everything else in the media. As an American Midwesterner, I’ve spent plenty of time in small towns rural Saskatchewan and Manitoba for either hockey tournaments or hunting growing up. From what I’ve seen, there’s no difference between the US or Canada when it comes to guns or general red neck-ery in these rural cities.

Now the ghetto in Toronto might not exactly be the west side of Chicago when it comes to violence but let’s not act like every country doesn’t have its opportunities.

https://www.cbc.ca/cbcdocspov/featur...by-the-numbers

s
    as opposed to a long gun, do you have any idea what it takes to own a handgun in Canada ?

do you want to know what would happen in Canada if someone walked around in downtown Canada wearing camo/ bulitproof vest/ sidearm/ assualt rifle or anything that looked like an assault rifle ?

I think bullet proof vest might even be illegal for the average citizen in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Weird that’s where I grew up and had my license in 77 so got around. I have no recollection of ever seeing a gun and never heard that story from anyone.

The big change I remember from seventies to the eighties was in seventies most pickup trucks had a gun rack in back window often with a rifle or two. Gun racks disappeared in the eighties.
    Dad and the uncles and G pa worked for the govt but he and the uncles fished and hunted. One uncle had hunting/fishing lodges and dad would guide a few weeks every year. Mostly americans. For the govt occasionally he'd take american govt officials or celebrities hunting/fishing to do the same(red fisher, ted williams etc etc). The family are avid hunters. We always found the every day all day firearms carry thing weird when we crossed the border especially a cashier at a shoe store. Maine in the 70's wasnt that far removed from NB, sleepy little towns with few crimes and friendly neighbors. You were definitely more apt to find someone willing to help than hurt. I guess noticing guns , particularly holstered handguns in daily life, was more obvious to us. Not everyone had a sidearm but a noticeable increase of people packing. Its not like its any great secret that theres a gun addiction/problem/culture in the US. I think that same story/excuse is used today to justify having a gun. "The honest law abiding citizen would be dead if they didnt have a gun". I dont think i saw a handgun until i moved west. Guns were like tools in your tool box for us not jewelry or necessary unless you were hunting and it was only rifles.

I thought maybe you were trolling but from your response seems a sincere answer. Holstered open cary handguns were/are something I never see. Maybe you saw one or two and it left an impression. Certainly you see a lot of road signs used for target practice in rural areas. No doubt gun and ammunition sales/hoarding has increased exponentially here in the last twenty years

I thought maybe you were trolling but from your response seems a sincere answer. Holstered open cary handguns were/are something I never see. Maybe you saw one or two and it left an impression. Certainly you see a lot of road signs used for target practice in rural areas. No doubt gun and ammunition sales/hoarding has increased exponentially here in the last twenty years
    Ya youre probably right. Somethings just stick with you when youre a kid. Just something ive always remembered and a few handgun sightings mightve just set the tone. Our hunting rifles were locked away and we never saw them until hunting season for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    I am absolutely proud that we developed and produced the vaccination so that you all could take it if you so please.
    Modern medicines are now essentially a global effort. Where exactly on the planet the eureka moment happens is actually pretty inconsequential. The USA is an awesome country with a shitton of smart people, money, and the desire to do great things but swinging a red white and blue dick around because 1 of the 20 approved vaccines in the world was developed solely in the USA (by a Hungarian) seems silly.

List is here: https://www.raps.org/news-and-articl...accine-tracker

We passed the US in fully vaxxed percentage yesterday. We're still cranking them out. A ways to go yet but its promising

First option should've been a night in jail.

Can this thread culminate in a ski off between XXX-er for Canada and Buttahflake for the US?
    27° 18°

No way anyone in Canada is trolling America

or just taking the piss out of them cuz they can

or just making it up as the conversation proceeds

the whole 49 pages have been very serious

All the while no statement from the US on whether canadians will be allowed to cross the border or when. We're free and entitled too dontcha know!?!?

Canadians have been free to fly to the US for any reason under the sun for nearly the entire pandemic. The only reason US hasn't opened the flood gates to Canadian tourists and shoppers today is to maintain some leverage on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    No way anyone in Canada is trolling America

or just taking the piss out of them cuz they can

or just making it up as the conversation proceeds

the whole 49 pages have been very serious
    Laughed

Of course But if I here wasn’t enough serious it would all flounder.

I do long for New Brunswick in September.

Did Justin win votes with opening announcement? I feel better with the vaccine but not fully assured of the future just yet.

For the record there are a shit ton of guns in the US. National disgrace in my opinion and I fully support hunting and target practice but ton of guns that don’t fit those categories which kill. Fear capitalism power capitalism whatever