Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 2327
  1. #626
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,064
    theyíre assholes and say it should have been done earlier even though they wouldnít of?
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  2. #627
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Just saying if Canadians are worried about Americans faking their vax cards to go fish, hunt, and ski in Canada, I think that's not likely to happen. All those things can be easily done in the U.S. So there's no need for the border guards to have access to a national database of who's been vaxxed and who hasn't, all you really need to do is check cards at the border and I think that represents a reasonable approach to keeping unvaxxed people out. Does anybody really think a family of 5 is going to make a bunch of fake cards to go on a ski vacation when they can ski down here? Doesn't make much sense.
    I think there needs to be some level of trust, and that's how policy has typically been set historically. You don't ban cars because some small percentage of people drive recklessly.

  3. #628
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think there needs to be some level of trust, and that's how policy has typically been set historically. You don't ban cars because some small percentage of people drive recklessly.
    <insert gun ban logic here>

  4. #629
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    3,947
    The border was never closed to those willing to fly. So if the hotel quarantine goes away plus the isolation of vaxxed Canadians goes well then there is a away. But there has to be some policy to cross the border you have to be vaxxed. Some who have been crossing the border for work may not be able to , well should be able to. Depends on how hard they the Feds want to make vac the requirement to cross the border for the foreseeable future. Wouldn't be losing many Liberal votes that way?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  5. #630
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,036
    its like America is saying " I promise i won't come in your mouth "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  6. #631
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,658
    I remember the good ol' days when I could go to Canada with my birth certificate, which is just as easy to forge as some vax card. I don't know why Canada trusted me then when they won't trust me now.

  7. #632
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    The border was never closed to those willing to fly.
    For Americans it has been.

  8. #633
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,587
    It was the US that insisted on us having a federal id and all our records to enter the US. Cry me a river

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  9. #634
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    3,947
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    For Americans it has been.
    I have never figured that one out . Driving people could cross and forth not even for work if they had dual citizenship or at least one of the couple. Had to bring docs. Lots of snowbirds ( old people who like the warmth) certainly crossed and had their RVs shipped. But I get you officially only essential travel is supposed to happen.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  10. #635
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I remember the good ol' days when I could go to Canada with my birth certificate, which is just as easy to forge as some vax card. I don't know why Canada trusted me then when they won't trust me now.
    You might be a radical Islamist with corvid
    24į 06į

  11. #636
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You don't ban cars because some small percentage of people drive recklessly.
    Probably not the best analogy in this case. The US bans all sorts of vehicles from around the world because they donít meet our safety standards. Pretty much what Canada is doing to us now, we donít meet their safety standards.

  12. #637
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    I have never figured that one out . Driving people could cross and forth not even for work if they had dual citizenship or at least one of the couple. Had to bring docs. Lots of snowbirds ( old people who like the warmth) certainly crossed and had their RVs shipped. But I get you officially only essential travel is supposed to happen.
    There were certain rules and loopholes that could get you in and out of Canada and the USA. They're both free countries with constitutions that allow for leaving/coming back and all that. And if you own property in the USA I have no problem with someone leaving Canada to check on (enjoy) it. If you have family in India I have no problem with you leaving Canada to take care of (visit) them. And I certainly have no problem that you're allowed back in to the country that you are a citizen of when it's time to come home.

    Could the quarantine thing been handled better? Maybe. But of the very limited amount of people I know who did travel to the USA in the last 12 months, half of them got a surprise visit by some government quarantine-checker. I'm really not sure what else could have been done. Contagious virus is gonna virus, you can't stop it only hope to slow it down.

  13. #638
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Probably not the best analogy in this case. The US bans all sorts of vehicles from around the world because they don’t meet our safety standards. Pretty much what Canada is doing to us now, we don’t meet their safety standards.
    You also ban people from getting a license that proves they are competent to drive said vehicle if/when they drive recklessly. Like, I dunno, providing people with a vaccine passport so as not to recklessly endanger another group of people?

    Driving is a perfect analogy.

  14. #639
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Let us know when they shoot someone's pig.
    Normally I'm all over the obscure references, but this one isn't jumping out at me. Pig War? Or did someone shoot someone's pet?

  15. #640
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Another reason the federal government haven't opened the border is that the conservative premiers (Ford and Kenney) have been railing against Trudeau for not closing the borders. To the point of having attack ads about it.

    So if they open the borders and case counts go up then they will have more ammo.
    Wow, this just blows my mind. Conservatives are supposed to be pro-business. I guess anything to hate on Justin plays well on the prairies.

  16. #641
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Normally I'm all over the obscure references, but this one isn't jumping out at me. Pig War? Or did someone shoot someone's pet?
    Definitely an allusion to the Pig War.

  17. #642
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    356
    This whole thread reads like a Canadian version of a MAGA rallyÖ. ďBuild the wall!Ē

  18. #643
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Another reason the federal government haven't opened the border is that the conservative premiers (Ford and Kenney) have been railing against Trudeau for not closing the borders. To the point of having attack ads about it.

    So if they open the borders and case counts go up then they will have more ammo.
    I find that hard to believe because besides la belle province, he doesn't give a sh!t about what any premier or province has to say.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

    rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

    www.theguideshut.ca

  19. #644
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    People smuggle things INto Mexico?!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Where do you think they get all the guns. Massive business smuggling American guns to Mexico. Literally people walking into sportsmans/cabelas to buy guns and send them to Mexico in exchange for drugs coming north.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  20. #645
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,349
    While we were bickering yesterday, Trudeau was doing a press event.

    Start at 38:40
    https://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/covi...odes/66398152/

  21. #646
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,064
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I find that hard to believe because besides la belle province, he doesn't give a sh!t about what any premier or province has to say.
    Really? To me it looks like the province is just a thorn in his side due to scandal, the CAQ, and kind of just the nature of everyone here. Can you point to anything specific?

    Also, it's a free internet, you can say shit, pussy, cunt, whatever.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  22. #647
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    I have to agree with him [Trudeau] because I had the same concerns about a month ago when the CDC announced that vaccinated Americans could ditch masks in most settings. My concern then was that many Americans (myself included) hadn't yet had the chance to get fully vaccinated, so we were being put at risk. One difference is that my concern was that saying vaccinated Americans didn't need to wear masks effectively opened the flood gates for everyone to no longer wear masks. Trudeau seems to be concerned that vaccinated people could still spread Covid to those who are not. I agree this is a concern, but much less of one than unvaccinated people spreading the virus.

  23. #648
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    12,742
    Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    This whole thread reads like a Canadian version of a MAGA rally…. “Build the wall!”
    It's a visceral, somewhat emotional reaction to the ugliness of the Trump era and a realization that a large and substantial minority of Americans literally don't give af about their own fellow Americans. Therefore the reasonable inference that Americans would also not give af about Canadians. This results in a substantial loss of trust. I'd imagine that this feeling is not only limited to Canadians.

    Having said all of that I remain hopeful that relations may slowly get back to normal.

  24. #649
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    This whole thread reads like a Canadian version of a MAGA rallyÖ. ďBuild the wall!Ē
    Ya got my vote!

    Make ĎMurcia pay for it!

    In seriousness I fully admit that I am taking a very nimby view of this.

    I live in an amazing and somewhat remote part of BC. Itís hugely popular with our US cousins and most years we welcome them with open arms and cash registers.

    Unfortunately, it also has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Some of it is cultural and some of it is geographic but it is what it is.

    Also, for geographic and economic reasons it is very underserved in terms of medical facilities as well.

    I havenít seen conclusive evidence that vaccinated folks canít pass the virus on to non-vaccinated folks.

    I also got to witness a significant number (and remember in a small population a small number can be significant) of our US cousins bending or completely ignoring the ďAlaskaĒ rules. (You donít get to stop for a good deal on a fly rod or to rip some local trails). Itís too bad that some fuckers had to push it and fucked over everyone else - look at poor Hyder! If all the bad press about the Alaska exemption hadnít happened I am sure some allowances would have been made.

    So, take it easy- we will likely get the vací rates up soon enough. Canada will be here in the fall or winter or next spring- itís not going anywhere.

    I look forward to seeing most of you when that does happen.

  25. #650
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Ya got my vote!

    Make ĎMurcia pay for it!

    In seriousness I fully admit that I am taking a very nimby view of this.

    I live in an amazing and somewhat remote part of BC. Itís hugely popular with our US cousins and most years we welcome them with open arms and cash registers.

    Unfortunately, it also has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Some of it is cultural and some of it is geographic but it is what it is.

    Also, for geographic and economic reasons it is very underserved in terms of medical facilities as well.

    I havenít seen conclusive evidence that vaccinated folks canít pass the virus on to non-vaccinated folks.

    I also got to witness a significant number (and remember in a small population a small number can be significant) of our US cousins bending or completely ignoring the ďAlaskaĒ rules. (You donít get to stop for a good deal on a fly rod or to rip some local trails). Itís too bad that some fuckers had to push it and fucked over everyone else - look at poor Hyder! If all the bad press about the Alaska exemption hadnít happened I am sure some allowances would have been made.

    So, take it easy- we will likely get the vací rates up soon enough. Canada will be here in the fall or winter or next spring- itís not going anywhere.

    I look forward to seeing most of you when that does happen.
    I hear you. I donít have an opinion on you all opening the border or not. I have two young boat anchors at home so it doesnít effect me one bit. In years past I spent a lot of time in Canada and love the place. That being said according to the data I have seen the US is slightly further along in vaccinations than Canada and thatís with 10x the people to vaccinate.

    Itís your border and you get to open them when you want. I just find the narrative of pitting one group against the other to be a little comical.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •