Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You're a broken record, dude.
    Goodness I fear it is I who have turned you into a crank

in any case if you still can't figure out why the border isnt open we will try to find more reasons
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Just do what Mexico does and have everyone push a button that randomly illuminates either a green light, meaning you can enter, or red light and you get searched.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    canadians are not that in any case and Trudeau is looking good thru this whole pandemic in part cuz he closed the border
    Closed the border after the plague was already here and rampant in care homes in Quebec, the lower mainland and (maybe Ontario) plus let people fly in from points east for pretty much the whole time? Yeah he's a pandemic superstar. He fuckin' lucked out that our population density is so low and "we" tend to follow orders.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Wifey and kiddo made refundable reservations in Banff, Jasper, and Edmonton for mid-august, they are (hopefully) attending goalie camp in Leduc.

Please don’t shoot them for having WY plates, they are fully vaxxed with proof of previous exposure.

Peace.
    See that ^^ is SO American, we don't have 2nd amendment rights, no carry of any kind is allowed so if a po-lice man seen anyone with a firearm of any kind in public they would be in big trouble

he would disarm you by force, cuffed and into the back seat of the unit, sort it out at the station

I think border closures might be over by then

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Closed the border after the plague was already here and rampant in care homes in Quebec, the lower mainland and (maybe Ontario) plus let people fly in from points east for pretty much the whole time? Yeah he's a pandemic superstar. He fuckin' lucked out that our population density is so low and "we" tend to follow orders.
    well its relative, what would erin the tool and his merry band of whacko nut jobs ( like Sloan ) have done, or Jagmeet Singh ?

Goodness I fear it is I who have turned you into a crank

in any case if you still can't figure out why the border isnt open we will try to find more reasons
    The thing is the rest of us are talking about potential solutions and you're still talking about last year. Time to move forward, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Just do what Mexico does and have everyone push a button that randomly illuminates either a green light, meaning you can enter, or red light and you get searched.
    A guide I skied with told me about the airport security in Nepal, some security types were studying the x-ray baggage scanner looking for bombs

Craig went to the washroom on the way back the screen on the x-ray M/C was visible

it was dead

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The thing is the rest of us are talking about potential solutions and you're still talking about last year. Time to move forward, don't you think?
    well no you just want in now because you say you got the vax and we should believe you when you already rpoved its not a good idea to trust you to do the right thing or the smart thing?

so I agree how do all the people who want to come in offer proof to CBSA and it is a lot of poeple BTW

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Every state government has that record.
    Therein lies the problem. They do not. Massachusetts wasn't even taking names of people getting shots. I know two people who walked in, no appt, no nothing. You want a shot, you got it! Thank you! And their computer system was down early on, so all of those people were lost.

Where I went in NH, it was all on paper with national guard guys writing it down. That most likely was entered into a data base, but with that much data being plugged in manually there is bound to be a significant amount of errors. The push was to get shots in arms, more so than tracking who got the shot, which is obviously most important.

Therefore, I don't see any reason for any country, state, province, whatever, to rush their openings. Conservative is the best approach especially in places that have not had the access the US has had to shots.

wow so you ^^ mean we should think about/ dealing with > America, CBSA should develop consistant policy with the other 200 countries in the world ?

Ours are definitdly revorded. Booked my first shot and recieved a text confirming it. When they had a wnd shot ready for me they texted agzin for me to book a time. Had the confirmation texted right after booking along with my booking code. Each shot nzme, address and date of birth are verified. Really well organized. There is no excuse not to be. No rewards for slackers

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

In BC the vax is recorded by your HC #

they want that # when they perform any HC

If they want federal $ they need reciepts because funded health care system

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

The idea that there's going to be a mass rush on the Canadian border by Americans packing counterfeit vaccine cards is just flat-out laughable. Does anybody up there realize how off the rails that thinking is? Worse paranoia than the Trumpers and all their whacko conspiracy theories.

Check the cards at the border, and if they look legit let 'em in. And if a few rare counterfeits do make it across, it ain't the end of the fucking world. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    People smuggle things INto Mexico?!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    The idea that there's going to be a mass rush on the Canadian border by Americans packing counterfeit vaccine cards is just flat-out laughable. Does anybody up there realize how off the rails that thinking is? Worse paranoia than the Trumpers and all their whacko conspiracy theories.

Check the cards at the border, and if they look legit let 'em in. And if a few rare counterfeits do make it across, it ain't the end of the fucking world. Jesus.
    Well, a smidge of this. In before times I and a handful of colleagues were in mtl and Toronto every other week (in my case for 6 years or so). The fact that we have a vested interest in opening the border (and keeping it open) should tell you we would not fuck with it. If Americans respect anything , it’s money.

If we were a bunch if redneck cousin fucking anti vaxxers just looking to shoot ducks and deer we could do that in upstate NY/VT (queue callback joke to upstate NY).

That said, until my customers are in their offices the Laps of luxury that are the Shang-ri-la on university and the W off Victoria square will have to wait. Though I live a good boondoggle more than most burnt out under achieving bay/wall st types.

No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

You're kinda fucking dumb, eh?

Their vaccination rate isn't high enough yet. And do you recall how this all started with ONE fucking person? So a few fucktards sneak in and happen to infect one person and kills them. No big deal.

Stupid fucking self absorbed Americans. Jeezus

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You're kinda fucking dumb, eh?

Their vaccination rate isn't high enough yet. And do you recall how this all started with ONE fucking person? So a few fucktards sneak in and happen to infect one person and kills them. No big deal.

Stupid fucking self absorbed Americans. Jeezus
    Once their fax rate is high enough, dumbfuck.

See that ^^ is SO American, we don't have 2nd amendment rights, no carry of any kind is allowed
    Name:  C8EA5E24-C1DA-4D7C-AB7D-057575D7ADE6.png
Views: 2034
Size:  200.4 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Once their fax rate is high enough, dumbfuck.
    In 2036?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    In 2036?
    Just saying if Canadians are worried about Americans faking their vax cards to go fish, hunt, and ski in Canada, I think that's not likely to happen. All those things can be easily done in the U.S. So there's no need for the border guards to have access to a national database of who's been vaxxed and who hasn't, all you really need to do is check cards at the border and I think that represents a reasonable approach to keeping unvaxxed people out. Does anybody really think a family of 5 is going to make a bunch of fake cards to go on a ski vacation when they can ski down here? Doesn't make much sense.

..... Doesn't make much sense.
    Like your gun culture. your southern border policies. US health care anyone? etc, etc.
    Sorry, using the common sense of the average resident of the US as a justification doesn't really ring true to those of us on the other side of that invisible line.

then just stay down there & don't complain the border isnt open

even Americans will tell you not to trust Americans

Another reason the federal government haven't opened the border is that the conservative premiers (Ford and Kenney) have been railing against Trudeau for not closing the borders. To the point of having attack ads about it.

So if they open the borders and case counts go up then they will have more ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Another reason the federal government haven't opened the border is that the conservative premiers (Ford and Kenney) have been railing against Trudeau for not closing the borders. To the point of having attack ads about it.

So if they open the borders and case counts go up then they will have more ammo.
    How can they rail on him for not closing the border when the border has been closed?