Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    fucking stoopid anti-vax trumtarded americans who would lie and cheat about being vaxed
    Do those people even go to Canada? The average American who travels to Canada is wealthy, most likely liberal, highly educated, and fully vaxed. Basically a dentist who posts on TGR.

At this point SOME of us are vaxed ,

USA has more vax than anywhere else in the world but less vax in arms, there are more people who won't vax for idealogical reasons than the entire population of Canada, instead they worship a loser orange bobblehead whom they say didnt lose, through out it all USA killed 600,000 of their own people

if you spin it like this ^^ its a very different view from upstairs

when & how to move on is the question and how to administer whom will be allowed across will be very time consuming for the feds
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's political. Minority government means pandering to your base.
    Isn't this more about getting all the provincial leaders to align and be on the same page? The situation is different in different provinces. I'm just repeating myself now. I called Sept and I think that's probably still right. 2 doses for 75% of Canadians seems to be the magic number so that if people who are not vaxxed come in, the bulk of Canadians are protected. At least that is what the Quebec Premier said. Wait I just repeated myself again from like two pages ago.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    there are more people who won't vax for idealogical reasons than the entire population of Canada, instead they worship a loser orange bobblehead whom they say didnt lose, through out it all USA killed 600,000 of their own people
    And those people are deathly afraid to travel to a liberal city like Portland, Oregon, let alone a liberal country like Canada. They vacation in Florida and Texas, and if they are brave enough to go anywhere international it will be Cancun.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Do those people even go to Canada? The average American who travels to Canada is wealthy, most likely liberal, highly educated, and fully vaxed. Basically a dentist who posts on TGR.
    Fishermen & Hunters wana come up here to kill things, they are mostly republican Americans who wouldn't vax based on an ideology, your ignorance on the subject might be a good argument for leaving the border closed till next year

in any case the feds now have to make rules, this isnt Nam

USA has more vax than anywhere else in the world but less vax in arms, there are more people who won't vax for idealogical reasons than the entire population of Canada, instead they worship a loser orange bobblehead whom they say didnt lose, through out it all USA killed 600,000 of their own people

if you spin it like this ^^ its a very different view from upstairs
    If you spin it like that it also shows you are reacting more at an emotional level than a fact-based level, too. The idea is to open the border for those who are vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Isn't this more about getting all the provincial leaders to align and be on the same page?
    Is it? The border is clearly within the jurisdiction of the Federal Government. If it were up to the Premiers, AB and ON would be opening now.

If Justin went on TV tomorrow and announced that the border was fully opening July 5, do you not agree that would be political suicide?

well is the rhetoric we have been fed on the CBC about America during Covdi all true,

how much fact based stuff went on down there during covid ?

if you goggle the amount of people who cross the 49th its lots
    how do you control that ?

Canada will take its time and get it right ( probably not really )

or you could just call in an airstrike

Is it? The border is clearly within the jurisdiction of the Federal Government. If it were up to the Premiers, AB and ON would be opening now.

If Justin went on TV tomorrow and announced that the border was fully opening July 5, do you not agree that would be political suicide?
    well they all have to kind of play nice, but why does he need to so why would he, closing the border to disease ridden Americans has always polled well on the ipso's reid ?

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

yah, looks like the peeps on this thread are ready to send nixon up here to get us to open up. we should put a few more SPVM on the border just in case. like all of them, maybe.

essential visitors who are vaxxed can get in now np on july 5th, or the day after white people’s independence day if you prefer.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

if you goggle the amount of people who cross the 49th its lots
    how do you control that ?
    Isn't that why the border is controlled? Not exactly sure I understand your point. Both Canada and the U.S. can dictate who gets in, as they've been doing.

No way, not Worst Case Ontario.

Ontario is going with the slowest re-opening "plan" ever, and is I'm pretty sure the most locked-down place in the world at the moment. Essential businesses (grocery stores / etc.) can only allow 25% capacity. Non-essential (like Home Depot) 15%. Restaurants patio and take-out only, no eating inside. Private outdoor gatherings up to 10 people. Private indoor gatherings prohibited. Sports - nope (kids can practice with their own team outdoors). Want a haircut? Too bad. You haven't been able to get one since February. Gyms? Forget about it.

We're scheduled for Stage 2 soon - July 5. All this means is they up the limits a little bit and you can have 25 people outdoors and 5 indoors or something like that. Stage 3 is a minimum of 3 weeks later and same thing - increase indoor/outdoor limits but also start to open up cinemas and gyms and whatever.

Meanwhile, the dumbfuck blowhard ON Premier Doug "Drug" Ford has been cranking out scary ads suggesting that the Federal Gov. isn't doing enough to 'secure our borders against deadly variants.' They've been sowing the seeds of a 4th Wave for months now. There's no way they'd want the border opened at this point, it would make no sense at all. Actually, because it would make no sense I can actually see them doing it.

If you live here sorry for explaining shit you already know and probably hate. I'm one of the most apathetic voters I know but dear lord do I hate this man (DoFo) so, so much.

we can only hope, none of the other dumb shit he's done has convinced people to vote for an alternative...not that there is a viable one in any of the other parties right now
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I think the US is close to 60% vaxed. Why would Canada open it's borders until we hit 75% (will never happen) like they are shooting for? People will provide phony records to get in. Guberments need to share data as to who is vaxed to open borders IMO. I don't want some non vaxed hunter up there creating problems. Fuck those kooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The idea is to open the border for those who are vaxxed.
    Ok, prove to me that you are vax'd. I have a little paper card that a 3rd grader could counterfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Want a haircut? Too bad.
    What the fuck is wrong with you people? Ontario pandemic cut:

why does he need to so why would he?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you people? Ontario pandemic cut:
    Oh it's not "us people," believe me. I think doug is the only one in the whole fucking province who doesn't want barbers and hair salons open. Fuck, even let them cut your mop outside if they have to.

On the plus side, I no longer need a barber. I can do a proper haircut on my own head now in 15 minutes. Been cutting my dad's hair too and he has actually gotten compliments. I take this monthly savings and spend it on beer, and now I don't have to go and sit and listen to my old barber's dumb rambling anti-science bullshit anymore. It's great!

Isn't that why the border is controlled? Not exactly sure I understand your point. Both Canada and the U.S. can dictate who gets in, as they've been doing.
    yes they did so the border was closed for > a year longer than you claimed it would be over a year ago

so now how does the border get openned up carefully to a country who may or may not give a fuck, how do you or me prove we are vaxed ? Is an there an internationally accepted way to do that, is there a way to do it that can't be faked ?

and besides I don't think we are at 75% of Canadians vaxed, and of course the USA is whatever man

so now how does the border get openned up carefully to a country who may or may not give a fuck, how do you or me prove we are vaxed ? Is an there an internationally accepted way to do that, is there a way to do it that can't be faked ?
    The obvious way would be for countries to be willing to share their vaccination records with other countries just like the U.S. and Canada do now with criminal records.

what us governmental agency houses vaccination records?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    we can only hope, none of the other dumb shit he's done has convinced people to vote for an alternative...not that there is a viable one in any of the other parties right now
    exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canada has no conservative alternative to the present liberal gov that could get elected to form a government,

canadians are not that in any case and Trudeau is looking good thru this whole pandemic in part cuz he closed the border

IMO that whole whacko nut job populist thing has failed in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    No way, not Worst Case Ontario.
    That surprises me for a number of reasons, but the main one is Ford. I assumed he was more in the right-leaning whack-job camp like his brother.

However, I do know someone in ON that got their hair cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    what us governmental agency houses vaccination records?
    Good question. It seems that the CDC is collecting data from the individual states for tracking purposes, but not sure they are actually creating a national, by name database. It seems like that data is within the purview of the individual states, most of which use a system called IIS (Immunization Information Systems). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cine-data.html

The obvious way would be for countries to be willing to share their vaccination records with other countries just like the U.S. and Canada do now with criminal records.
    well yeah but its not there yet is it ? So you showing up with your skis or a gun or a fishing rod and a ratty piece of paperin your wallet telling CBSA you got the vax doesnt quite cut it

there needs to be a good way to punish the un-vaxed