Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    exactly ^^ maybe something scan-able, actualy passports are scan-able

covid gets around using very nice people with money to travel
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Doesnt help when we have dick wads like joe rogan filling these kids minds with misinformation on vaccines and treatments

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I knew there must be a reason I didn't tune into his podcasts.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I knew there must be a reason I didn't tune into his podcasts.

... Thom
    Ya its like right wing talking points. Kids that listen to him recite his talking points like its science. They have a Rogan quote/answer for every scenerio. Theyre continually proven wrong but they just deflect to the next talking point. Podcasts are another information source that may need some legal boundaries

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

This is a global learning experience. A disease that has a high infection rate and a high enough degree of lethality or at least debilitating effects for a large enough percentage of the population that existing health systems can be overwhelmed if mitigating procedures aren’t put int effect.

At the individual level, under certain age threshold and/or co-morbidity influences, risk of bad outcomes is low. But there is enough, at the moment, randomness to an individuals symptoms that it makes acting according to the numbers a potentially negative event risk.

So if you look at the risk from an individual perspective, within certain age/health groups, it is remarkably low. Have at it. But if you look at the issues as pertains to the population level dynamics, the issues are wholeheartedly different.

As a citizen, I am worried about one set of data (as a libertarian), as a population health expert, I have a completely different set of issues to deal with.

But, the libertarian can kill someone on a different risk bracket through contagion. That is where the perspectives meet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    As a citizen, I am worried about one set of data (as a libertarian), as a population health expert, I have a completely different set of issues to deal with.

But, the libertarian can kill someone on a different risk bracket through contagion. That is where the perspectives meet.
    Well said. Libertarian =/= anarchist asshole. My rights end where your nose (and sinus and lungs....) begins.

holy shit, pano, the didn't not test the vaccines, they modified the process to review data in parallel instead of waiting until the end and then starting the review process while throwing a lot of money into that ability to do it more streamlined and efficiently. These vaccines are the result of iterative advancements of medical science over centuries, you're ignorant opinion is not equal to educated expertise and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    holy shit, pano, the didn't not test the vaccines, they modified the process to review data in parallel instead of waiting until the end and then starting the review process while throwing a lot of money into that ability to do it more streamlined and efficiently. These vaccines are the result of iterative advancements of medical science over centuries, you're ignorant opinion is not equal to educated expertise and experience.
    My "ignorant" opinion is based on many doctors and medical people saying this needs more research. They must be educated idiots too....

As far as forcing me to get it or carry a document I could give a fuck about going to a concert, hockey game, or international travel if that's the case.

I have all the trails and terrain I could ride in a lifetime and all the pow to sled and snowboard I need.

If the vaccine is so great then why are you who get it still so worried? You're protected right....

Nobody is dieing from just covid, all have one or more existing health conditions.

No huge outbreaks in the states that are wide open. Same numbers as those that are restricted.

Enjoy your day, I'm going riding.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your perspective pano-dude. As a southern neighbor who wants to visit Canada I hope it helps to recognize that the other contagion is already on both sides of the border, too.

Hell, if they attach my vaccine record to all the other personal info that passport chip already pulls up I think Canada can keep both viruses out.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post

Nobody is dieing from just covid, all have one or more existing health conditions.
    oh, well fuck those people then.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If it is the case that the unvaxxed don't adversely affect the vaccinated and all they do is run the risk of increased mortality risk then I have no problem with that.

However, I suspect that isn't the case

the ICU are filling with > 90% unvaxed, so covid will pick off the unvaxed 1 by 1

but a hospitol full of unvaxed patients will fuck up the system because anti vaxers who end up in hosptol will interrupt and plug up the hospitol using up resource needed by other people who are really sick

as opposed to just stupid,

some of that HC will be life saving so IMO that is how the anti-vaxers will affect the vacinated

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    If it is the case that the unvaxxed don't adversely affect the vaccinated and all they do is run the risk of increased mortality risk then I have no problem with that.

However, I suspect that isn't the case
    yeah that, and fuck them if they don't see irony when they get sick. But to each to their own judgement but no passport for you until you get it. But they should have a DNR on file.

I got the shot and went riding the next day. I'm pretty sure that last root on that hill I didn't get was because of the shot.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

My "ignorant" opinion is based on many doctors and medical people saying this needs more research. They must be educated idiots too....

As far as forcing me to get it or carry a document I could give a fuck about going to a concert, hockey game, or international travel if that's the case.

I have all the trails and terrain I could ride in a lifetime and all the pow to sled and snowboard I need.

If the vaccine is so great then why are you who get it still so worried? You're protected right....

No huge outbreaks in the states that are wide open. Same numbers as those that are restricted.

Such a selfish, ignorant mindset.

Huh, Canuckistan has Mouth Breathing Maskless MAGA Morons too....

Do you know it took 14 years to find the source of SARS-CoV from 2003

Caught Between Two Countries, a Minnesota Resort Area Still Feels Lockdown Blues

Name:  0529-nat-webVIRUS-MINNESOTA-STUCKmap-335.png
Views: 1219
Size:  20.2 KB

Only way to get to this fishing resort in Minnesota by land is a dirt road through Manitoba. It still amazes me after all this time the US and Canada have still not figured out a simple intelligent solution to all these border business quirks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/30/u...smid=url-share

It's probably not that simple because people living in these kinds of areas most likely have various and differing opinions on what would be a good outcome.

I caught this randomly last year, pretty interesting stuff:

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Also Hyder AK population < 100 so WAY smaller, the USA doesnt even bother to protect the border cuz there isnt anywhere to go so you can just drive across, CBSA kiosk on the way back tho

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Caught Between Two Countries, a Minnesota Resort Area Still Feels Lockdown Blues

Name:  0529-nat-webVIRUS-MINNESOTA-STUCKmap-335.png
Views: 1219
Size:  20.2 KB

Only way to get to this fishing resort in Minnesota by land is a dirt road through Manitoba. It still amazes me after all this time the US and Canada have still not figured out a simple intelligent solution to all these border business quirks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/30/u...smid=url-share
    Also the Stanley Cup playoffs.
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...offs-1.6046416

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Huh, Canuckistan has Mouth Breathing Maskless MAGA Morons too....
    Just the one.

"many doctors and medical people are saying"? fucking trumpisms....and yeeeeah, no, the absolute vast majority are actually saying that the risk from the vaccines is negligible, and mostly limited to that very small number of people with existing vaccine sensitivities, compared to the actual much higher risk of complications from covid.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Just the one.
    You know that isn't true in Alberta. Tards that are anti fax should have their health care coverage revoked. Good luck with that bill once you get sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

From alberta is like almost from texas

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You know that isn't true in Alberta. Tards that are anti fax should have their health care coverage revoked. Good luck with that bill once you get sick.
    Nah, you still get free healthcare. It's just you go to the holistic alternative-medicine section of the hospital. Best of luck to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It's probably not that simple because people living in these kinds of areas most likely have various and differing opinions on what would be a good outcome.

I caught this randomly last year, pretty interesting stuff:

Historically, the majority of people living on both sides of that particular border have been strongly against Pt Roberts seceding from the union. Covid might have forced full-time Pt Bob residents to re-think that position, but when things return to normal, so will the sentiment.

Pre-covid, both sides were in a cake and eat it too situation.

Canadians like having access to a US shipping address, cheap gas and dairy, an uncrowded golf course, and a big marina that's considerably less expensive than Delta and Richmond. It's their own personal America.

Historically, Point Roberts has been strongly anti-development. They (unsuccessfully) opposed the golf course, and the associated planned RE development that never really happened (hence the first owners going broke), and successfully opposed the development of Lily Point. They do, however, want the Canadian dollars that come with being a destination, rather than a continuation of Tsawwassen. And as stated in the video, if that happened, every square foot of the peninsula would be developed.

Well ok, that works. I hope you continue to not give a fuck, when you continue to find yourself isolated and unable to participate in society at large. We will not miss you.

"Nobody is dieing (sic) from covid...". WTF! I don't need to even call you out, since you consistently, by your own words, prove yourself ignorant and an asshole (and how fucking dare you even fucking say that, you fucking dipshit fuck! - and yeah, it's fucking personal, fuckface!). Not only do you not know how to spell karma (or dying for that matter)...obviously you have no idea what it means, either.

Again: just kill yourself - win/win for all of us. Go for it, you pathetic, pustulent, syphalitic dickhole!