Page 15 of 120 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 2982
  1. #351
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,919
    exactly ^^ maybe something scan-able, actualy passports are scan-able

    covid gets around using very nice people with money to travel
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Doesnt help when we have dick wads like joe rogan filling these kids minds with misinformation on vaccines and treatments

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I knew there must be a reason I didn't tune into his podcasts.

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,321
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I knew there must be a reason I didn't tune into his podcasts.

    ... Thom
    Ya its like right wing talking points. Kids that listen to him recite his talking points like its science. They have a Rogan quote/answer for every scenerio. Theyre continually proven wrong but they just deflect to the next talking point. Podcasts are another information source that may need some legal boundaries

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    320
    This is a global learning experience. A disease that has a high infection rate and a high enough degree of lethality or at least debilitating effects for a large enough percentage of the population that existing health systems can be overwhelmed if mitigating procedures arenít put int effect.

    At the individual level, under certain age threshold and/or co-morbidity influences, risk of bad outcomes is low. But there is enough, at the moment, randomness to an individuals symptoms that it makes acting according to the numbers a potentially negative event risk.

    So if you look at the risk from an individual perspective, within certain age/health groups, it is remarkably low. Have at it. But if you look at the issues as pertains to the population level dynamics, the issues are wholeheartedly different.

    As a citizen, I am worried about one set of data (as a libertarian), as a population health expert, I have a completely different set of issues to deal with.

    But, the libertarian can kill someone on a different risk bracket through contagion. That is where the perspectives meet.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    As a citizen, I am worried about one set of data (as a libertarian), as a population health expert, I have a completely different set of issues to deal with.

    But, the libertarian can kill someone on a different risk bracket through contagion. That is where the perspectives meet.
    Well said. Libertarian =/= anarchist asshole. My rights end where your nose (and sinus and lungs....) begins.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,940
    holy shit, pano, the didn't not test the vaccines, they modified the process to review data in parallel instead of waiting until the end and then starting the review process while throwing a lot of money into that ability to do it more streamlined and efficiently. These vaccines are the result of iterative advancements of medical science over centuries, you're ignorant opinion is not equal to educated expertise and experience.

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    holy shit, pano, the didn't not test the vaccines, they modified the process to review data in parallel instead of waiting until the end and then starting the review process while throwing a lot of money into that ability to do it more streamlined and efficiently. These vaccines are the result of iterative advancements of medical science over centuries, you're ignorant opinion is not equal to educated expertise and experience.
    My "ignorant" opinion is based on many doctors and medical people saying this needs more research. They must be educated idiots too....

    As far as forcing me to get it or carry a document I could give a fuck about going to a concert, hockey game, or international travel if that's the case.

    I have all the trails and terrain I could ride in a lifetime and all the pow to sled and snowboard I need.

    If the vaccine is so great then why are you who get it still so worried? You're protected right....

    Nobody is dieing from just covid, all have one or more existing health conditions.

    No huge outbreaks in the states that are wide open. Same numbers as those that are restricted.

    Enjoy your day, I'm going riding.















    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,102
    Thanks for your perspective pano-dude. As a southern neighbor who wants to visit Canada I hope it helps to recognize that the other contagion is already on both sides of the border, too.

    Hell, if they attach my vaccine record to all the other personal info that passport chip already pulls up I think Canada can keep both viruses out.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,229
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post

    Nobody is dieing from just covid, all have one or more existing health conditions.
    oh, well fuck those people then.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    13,204
    If it is the case that the unvaxxed don't adversely affect the vaccinated and all they do is run the risk of increased mortality risk then I have no problem with that.

    However, I suspect that isn't the case

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,919
    the ICU are filling with > 90% unvaxed, so covid will pick off the unvaxed 1 by 1

    but a hospitol full of unvaxed patients will fuck up the system because anti vaxers who end up in hosptol will interrupt and plug up the hospitol using up resource needed by other people who are really sick

    as opposed to just stupid,

    some of that HC will be life saving so IMO that is how the anti-vaxers will affect the vacinated
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    If it is the case that the unvaxxed don't adversely affect the vaccinated and all they do is run the risk of increased mortality risk then I have no problem with that.

    However, I suspect that isn't the case
    yeah that, and fuck them if they don't see irony when they get sick. But to each to their own judgement but no passport for you until you get it. But they should have a DNR on file.

    I got the shot and went riding the next day. I'm pretty sure that last root on that hill I didn't get was because of the shot.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    My "ignorant" opinion is based on many doctors and medical people saying this needs more research. They must be educated idiots too....

    As far as forcing me to get it or carry a document I could give a fuck about going to a concert, hockey game, or international travel if that's the case.

    I have all the trails and terrain I could ride in a lifetime and all the pow to sled and snowboard I need.

    If the vaccine is so great then why are you who get it still so worried? You're protected right....

    Nobody is dieing from just covid, all have one or more existing health conditions.

    No huge outbreaks in the states that are wide open. Same numbers as those that are restricted.

    Enjoy your day, I'm going riding.















    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Such a selfish, ignorant mindset.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    My "ignorant" opinion is based on many doctors and medical people saying this needs more research. They must be educated idiots too....

    As far as forcing me to get it or carry a document I could give a fuck about going to a concert, hockey game, or international travel if that's the case.

    I have all the trails and terrain I could ride in a lifetime and all the pow to sled and snowboard I need.

    If the vaccine is so great then why are you who get it still so worried? You're protected right....

    Nobody is dieing from just covid, all have one or more existing health conditions.

    No huge outbreaks in the states that are wide open. Same numbers as those that are restricted.

    Enjoy your day, I'm going riding.















    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Huh, Canuckistan has Mouth Breathing Maskless MAGA Morons too....

    Do you know it took 14 years to find the source of SARS-CoV from 2003

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    3,493
    Caught Between Two Countries, a Minnesota Resort Area Still Feels Lockdown Blues

    Name:  0529-nat-webVIRUS-MINNESOTA-STUCKmap-335.png
Views: 705
Size:  20.2 KB

    Only way to get to this fishing resort in Minnesota by land is a dirt road through Manitoba. It still amazes me after all this time the US and Canada have still not figured out a simple intelligent solution to all these border business quirks.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/30/u...smid=url-share

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,229
    It's probably not that simple because people living in these kinds of areas most likely have various and differing opinions on what would be a good outcome.

    I caught this randomly last year, pretty interesting stuff:

    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,919
    Also Hyder AK population < 100 so WAY smaller, the USA doesnt even bother to protect the border cuz there isnt anywhere to go so you can just drive across, CBSA kiosk on the way back tho
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    20,107
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Caught Between Two Countries, a Minnesota Resort Area Still Feels Lockdown Blues

    Name:  0529-nat-webVIRUS-MINNESOTA-STUCKmap-335.png
Views: 705
Size:  20.2 KB

    Only way to get to this fishing resort in Minnesota by land is a dirt road through Manitoba. It still amazes me after all this time the US and Canada have still not figured out a simple intelligent solution to all these border business quirks.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/30/u...smid=url-share
    Also the Stanley Cup playoffs.
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...offs-1.6046416

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Huh, Canuckistan has Mouth Breathing Maskless MAGA Morons too....
    Just the one.

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,940
    "many doctors and medical people are saying"? fucking trumpisms....and yeeeeah, no, the absolute vast majority are actually saying that the risk from the vaccines is negligible, and mostly limited to that very small number of people with existing vaccine sensitivities, compared to the actual much higher risk of complications from covid.

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    16,967
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Just the one.
    You know that isn't true in Alberta. Tards that are anti fax should have their health care coverage revoked. Good luck with that bill once you get sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,919
    From alberta is like almost from texas
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You know that isn't true in Alberta. Tards that are anti fax should have their health care coverage revoked. Good luck with that bill once you get sick.
    Nah, you still get free healthcare. It's just you go to the holistic alternative-medicine section of the hospital. Best of luck to ya!

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,344
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It's probably not that simple because people living in these kinds of areas most likely have various and differing opinions on what would be a good outcome.

    I caught this randomly last year, pretty interesting stuff:

    Historically, the majority of people living on both sides of that particular border have been strongly against Pt Roberts seceding from the union. Covid might have forced full-time Pt Bob residents to re-think that position, but when things return to normal, so will the sentiment.

    Pre-covid, both sides were in a cake and eat it too situation.

    Canadians like having access to a US shipping address, cheap gas and dairy, an uncrowded golf course, and a big marina that's considerably less expensive than Delta and Richmond. It's their own personal America.

    Historically, Point Roberts has been strongly anti-development. They (unsuccessfully) opposed the golf course, and the associated planned RE development that never really happened (hence the first owners going broke), and successfully opposed the development of Lily Point. They do, however, want the Canadian dollars that come with being a destination, rather than a continuation of Tsawwassen. And as stated in the video, if that happened, every square foot of the peninsula would be developed.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    My "ignorant" opinion is based on many doctors and medical people saying this needs more research. They must be educated idiots too....

    As far as forcing me to get it or carry a document I could give a fuck about going to a concert, hockey game, or international travel if that's the case.

    I have all the trails and terrain I could ride in a lifetime and all the pow to sled and snowboard I need.

    If the vaccine is so great then why are you who get it still so worried? You're protected right....

    Nobody is dieing from just covid, all have one or more existing health conditions.

    No huge outbreaks in the states that are wide open. Same numbers as those that are restricted.

    Enjoy your day, I'm going riding.















    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Well ok, that works. I hope you continue to not give a fuck, when you continue to find yourself isolated and unable to participate in society at large. We will not miss you.

    "Nobody is dieing (sic) from covid...". WTF! I don't need to even call you out, since you consistently, by your own words, prove yourself ignorant and an asshole (and how fucking dare you even fucking say that, you fucking dipshit fuck! - and yeah, it's fucking personal, fuckface!). Not only do you not know how to spell karma (or dying for that matter)...obviously you have no idea what it means, either.

    Again: just kill yourself - win/win for all of us. Go for it, you pathetic, pustulent, syphalitic dickhole!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •