Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122
Results 3,026 to 3,042 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I don't know but assume there is a reason. When a Canadian gets a Nexus, do they only speak to a Canadian employee and never speak to an American employee? I checked the Canadian website and it says "you will be interviewed by a CBSA and/or U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)." So appears it could be either US or Canadian who interviews you. US and Canada share a lot of info, but not all info, so must be some reason to have US employees stationed in Canada.

Why can't we be like Europe where you can go back and forth without speaking to a border guard? It was that way when I was in Switzerland (non EU) and could travel, even ski, into EU countries (the public city bus in Geneva goes to France). Both US and Canada have sticks up their ass.
    I got mine done at the Toronto airport - it was in a room staffed entirely by US border guards (or at least they were wearing similar uniforms). They were very friendly as they took my fingerprints and scanned my retinas. I truly couldn't care less if they had diplomatic immunity or not, especially if the US customs or other Americans doing similar jobs already do. It makes no sense - Canadian govt is being silly here.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    It took you 5 days to respond which DID suprise me

so it couldn't have been that pressing or dumb ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nex...read-1.6641155

"" Canada's Ambassador to the U.S. Kristen Hillman has said the U.S. is holding the NEXUS program "hostage" by calling for legal immunity for officers working at a Canadian-based office.

U.S. Ambassador to Canada David Cohen, meanwhile, has said "it's Canada's problem to solve" and the U.S. is dead set against restoring the program without legal rights for its officers. ""

looks like a mexican standoff
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I didn't realise they classify people in the NEXUS offices as different from CBP, even though the agents that do the interviews are CBP?

Mine's expired as of a month ago, and my US Visa is up in December. Work probably won't renew it with the reduction in travel so whatever, but it's still handy to have NEXUS. I'm in San Fran next week so I wonder if I could get an appointment.

Update on my NEXUS renewal. Wife and I both submitted our renewal applications in November. We both got emails today saying our status had changed. She opened hers and it said its been approved and she'll be sent a new card. I opened mine and it said mine is conditionally approved and that I have to go in for a fucking interview! Turns out there were a couple slots open in Blaine this Friday, so I jumped on it. Still annoying I need to drive to the border (1.5 hours from my house) and she doesn't.

I'm actually sort of amazed they got processed before the cards expired. Mine expires in May and hers expires in June.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I opened mine and it said mine is conditionally approved and that I have to go in for a fucking interview!
    The government's been reading the TGRz and figured anyone who anyone who habituates this cesspool is in need of further questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    The government's been reading the TGRz and figured anyone who anyone who habituates this cesspool is in need of further questioning.
    Actually I'm fairly certain I know what my problem was. When I set up my account at the government website (login.gov) it didn't show middle name is being a required field, so I left it blank. Then when I submitted my NEXUS renewal it said "your name must match what's on your passport exactly." So I went back to update my account info and, lo and behold, your name is the one thing you can't edit in your account. There seemed to be no way to enter my middle name for my NEXUS renewal.

It's ok AD. We all have skeletons in our closet.

My passport (Canada) doesn't include my middle name because it's optional. Now I need to include an affidavit with any legal paper paperwork explaining why my driver's license and passport are really the same. At least I have an uncommon name.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

FYI according to local reddit, Nexus appointments are actually available.

They're also extending renewals a year for processing:

Due to a significant increase in application volume, U.S. Customs and Border Protection is extending the grace period from 6 months to 1 year for any Trusted Traveler member who has a valid membership and who has submitted a renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 1 year while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Update on my NEXUS renewal. Wife and I both submitted our renewal applications in November. We both got emails today saying our status had changed. She opened hers and it said its been approved and she'll be sent a new card. I opened mine and it said mine is conditionally approved and that I have to go in for a fucking interview! Turns out there were a couple slots open in Blaine this Friday, so I jumped on it. Still annoying I need to drive to the border (1.5 hours from my house) and she doesn't.

I'm actually sort of amazed they got processed before the cards expired. Mine expires in May and hers expires in June.
    I had my NEXUS lapse on me late last year (found out when i couldnt get precheck on a flight). I renewed it online and about 6weeks later the system said i was approved and they would be sending me a new card, no interview needed. Remarkably painless and easy.

If my Wife and I both have NEXUS, can i take my 18month old son through the NEXUS lane? I would assume so?

I don't know the answer to your question but I got passports for both my kids only to find out they can get into Canada and Mexico with just a birth certificate. Kids passports only last 5 years and you can't renew with a simple form like adults and have to go in person (with both parents) to renew when it expires in 5 years, which is a huge pita.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    If my Wife and I both have NEXUS, can i take my 18month old son through the NEXUS lane? I would assume so?
    This could've changed, but the old answer was always no, they need their own cards.

FYI if anyone is looking for Canada Passport processing situation update:

My kids' passports expired during COVID. Waited for all the hullaballoo to die down and went to get them new ones on Jan 11. I just picked them up at the post office. Things seem back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This could've changed, but the old answer was always no, they need their own cards.
    I think that's the case. When I was waiting for my NEXUS interview this morning there were a couple infants there and I heard one of the parents say they were there for the kid's card.

Of course my interview took five minutes or less. Not sure why I needed to make a 200 mile round trip for that. At least I decided to make a trip into Canada to swim at a really nice pool that's just across the border afterwards. Figured I might as well make the trip worth my while.

Could someone confirm or deny that nexus pass functions as global entry for customs elsewhere?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Could someone confirm or deny that nexus pass functions as global entry for customs elsewhere?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes it does.

I'm still in the grace period for renewal. Which has been sitting there for 12 months now.

you do pay mo money but it was possible to apply for a passport in person at the passport office at 7am and it will be ready at 3:30 pm and i've seen this happen twice
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know