Page 116 of 122 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Why all the hate on this website?

Let’s not forget protesters or not they are all Canadians. Canadians that have the time to protest for change as they too have been affected by lockdowns and affected by mandates. Most people that went to Ottawa To protest lost jobs, businesses, houses, loved ones, they could have been denied saying goodbye to a loved one on their death bed, couldn’t attend a funeral, couldn’t get a surgery or cancer treatment etc.... but that’s the story mainstream media refuses to report- they would rather report on the coffee shop that lost a couple weeks of business because they were disrupted due to there choice to locate next to parliament hill...

It’s human nature that when shit hits the fan in your country parliament is where the protest is going to happen. History tells us so....

International media are the ones reporting the one-sided media response in Canada. Flip on bbc/ cnn/ aljazeera they are all mocking the Canadian government and media...Even private media publications in Canada like the Economist are saying similar things that Aspen just said....

Now go skiing- this is a ski website!
    Sorry for the late reply. 7000 feet of triple overhead powder from Pat Kings frozen freedom tears from jail
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0470.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	407466

Hate isn’t the right word. Disgust and sadness about the stupidity of this pathetic convoy. Total lack of respect for the amazing freedoms we do have in this country. Even if you don’t want to take part in helping us get past Covid, you have the freedom to do that. If you are still upset about the restrictions that causes, you have a multitude of options to make a difference and fight for a change. Even if you don’t want to do that, you can march to Ottawa, you can protest. You can jump in your little man truck and honk your horn. Wave your fuck Trudeau signs. But you don’t occupy a city and take away other Canadians freedoms. You don’t block orders. You don’t demand the government drop the mandates when a vast majority of Canadians support the public health measures.

^^^ very well said.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Exactly Alive. Protest all you want. That's your right. But going at it for 3 weeks, shutting down the city, bridges, borders.?

Didn’t need to be three weeks- prime minister could have addressed the protest in the 1st week but chose to hide instead, week 2 was name calling opposing party members and protesters and finally week 3 realizing he should do something....

Don’t blame the protesters blame the lack of leadership....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 02-26-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Didn’t need to be three weeks- prime minister could have addressed the protest in the 1st week but chose to hide instead, week 2 was name calling opposing party members and protesters and finally week 3 realizing he should do something....

Trudeau called the invoking of the Emergency Measures Act a last resort. I was wondering what was the 1st, 2nd, etc resorts. I guess teamdirt has just listed them. Trudeau has demonstrated, this time to the entire world, that he is a very poor decision maker.

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

the only people that believe he demonstrated that to were the fringies that already believed it. go hang your canadian flags upside down like petulant babies all you want, 90% of us are happy and proud to be here.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

You think he should meet with a bunch people with "Fuck Trudeau" signs? There's nothing he could say to get through to anyone with that stance.

And there was something else going on in Ottawa we didn't hear about. I'd like to know why the chief of police left and then the interim chief started actually doing his job. I wonder what the old chief was doing (or not) that led to it lasting that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    You think he should meet with a bunch people with "Fuck Trudeau" signs? There's nothing he could say to get through to anyone with that stance.

And there was something else going on in Ottawa we didn't hear about. I'd like to know why the chief of police left and then the interim chief started actually doing his job. I wonder what the old chief was doing (or not) that led to it lasting that long.
    if only lincoln had a nice chat with the people that tore the union apart, it all could have been avoided.

more than a thousand of the same people donated to both 1/6 and the overthrow canada convoy. fuck these people. they had their little parade and should have gone home.

nobody said he had to meet with anyone..however leaders address conflict, they don’t hide from it...a simple address to protestors could have changed the entire tune, timeline or narrative of the situation but we will never know as the prime minister decided to hide and events unfolded the way they did because of his actions.

Trudeaus game plan...

1) ignorance
    2) arrogance
    3) condensend
    4) those didn’t work, shit...evoke emergency powers...

How are Canadians ever going to unite and move forward with a leader that thinks it’s appropriate to call mp’s Jews in the House of Commons, protestors mysoginists, has a surf vacation during his newly created national reconciliation holiday, funds illegal terrorist activity thru SNC Lavalin and supports eco terrorism and anti pipeline protests with tax payer money thru various charity donations, example “We charity” “WEF” all while attending parties with a blackface?

Canadians need to start questioning what there vote is actually promoting....

^^thats what you get when you leave a bunch of hillbillies in a room to sniff each others farts. They think it gives them brilliance but its just the worms. Might want to get out of that room for a bit of fresh air bubba

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I do think Trudeau had an obligation to address the problem whether he agreed with the protestors' stance or not. He still represents those people as PM. I recognize the PM role is slightly different than the American President because they are the leader of their party, but I still think it's fair to say the PM should be representing the Canadian people.

This polarization of politics isn't helping anyone. There seems to be no room for actual discourse in either the U.S. or Canada now. I don't think it's as bad in Canada, but it seems to be getting worse.

Theyve been rolling coal with fuck trudeau bumper stickers for a few years now. Any address, even a one word address , to those hicks is only going to send them into a rage. Even if he only complimented them theyd say he was condescending. He let the local authorities hsndle it so not to enrage them. Ottawa chief screwed it up so he dealt with it. Trudeau is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt with the imbeciles. He's the hillbillies boogeyman. Theyve been fed "fuck trudeau" over and over and the simps have eaten it up

nobody said he had to meet with anyone..however leaders address conflict, they don’t hide from it...a simple address to protestors could have changed the entire tune, timeline or narrative of the situation but we will never know as the prime minister decided to hide and events unfolded the way they did because of his actions.
    They showed up with a mishmash of demands including dissolving parliament and letting some of the protesters govern.

If it was just 1 issue like truckers needing a vaccine, maybe he could have talked to them. But it became about way more than that and it was pointless to talk to them.

Protest 1 issue at a time and you might get an audience.

it’s like with HRC, if either one of them ran into a burning building to save a baby they’d say they just did it to harvest adrenochrome.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Theyve been rolling coal with fuck trudeau bumper stickers for a few years now. Any address, even a one word address , to those hicks is only going to send them into a rage. Even if he only complimented them theyd say he was condescending. He let the local authorities hsndle it so not to enrage them. Ottawa chief screwed it up so he dealt with it. Trudeau is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt with the imbeciles. He's the hillbillies boogeyman. Theyve been fed "fuck trudeau" over and over and the simps have eaten it up

Yup

I honestly don't know if he should have used the emergencies act. It seemed like the new chief in Ottawa started getting shit done once the other guy was gone... but maybe the emergencies act needed to be in play for some reason I don't know about? Maybe he needed it to get the old chief to leave? I'm guessing.

If anything, the bad part about using it is giving his detractors ammunition against him... which is unfortunate.

But what exactly did he use the act for that people have a problem with? I want specifics in how you think he used that power inappropriately.

And it was recinded 2 days after they cleared the protest in Ottawa. Yeah, really sounds like an abuse of power to me. [rolleyes]

I honestly don't know if he should have used the emergencies act. It seemed like the new chief in Ottawa started getting shit done once the other guy was gone... but maybe the emergencies act needed to be in play for some reason I don't know about? Maybe he needed it to get the old chief to leave? I'm guessing.

If anything, the bad part about using it is giving his detractors ammunition against him... which is unfortunate.

But what exactly did he use the act for that people have a problem with? I want specifics in how you think he used that power inappropriately.

And it was recinded 2 days after they cleared the protest in Ottawa. Yeah, really sounds like an abuse of power to me. [rolleyes]
    Many lawyers were uneasy about the Emergencies Act (I'm one of them). I can't give specifics because Fintrac and Finance is notoriously opaque and slow to disclose so righrt now nobody knows except the ones who froze accounts. However many are queasy about the account freezing and forfeiture parts of that law (lack of oversight, no court process, no timely appeal), arrest power sans warrants on a temporary (how temporary?) basis. That the Act was repealed quickly was good. That it was used at all was imo questionable. There's already federal and provincial statutes on the books that could have done the same thing.

That the Emergencies Act was enacted on a no confidence basis is also not a good look. Hardly shows confidence in his rightness

Not even trying to address the protestors is, respectfully, a cop out. It's his job to address uncomfortable situations even when the "opposition" is a bunch of incoherent bumblies. Descending to the rhetoric he used to tar all the protestors as alt right tools is so very American ala "Deplorables". So much for Canadian we can all get along ..... sorry... exceptionalism.

That there are no other leaders on the National stage that could have done better is lamentable.

That a small minority of selfish incoherent freedom types could have held infrastructure hostage for so long and gotten away with it with the cops being so useless is also lamentable and shows how bad we are at peace order and good government

Well put Lee. We need politics to be less abpout demonizing the"other side" and leading or at least have a coherent path forward.

The Emergencies Measures Act was not used to end border blockades and it was not needed to to remove protesters from Ottawa. The sole purpose of the Act invocation was so Trudeau could freeze bank accounts. It was an unnecessary use of power and Trudeau needs to answer for trampling on the high threshold criteria for invocation that he ignored.

By using the Emergency Act in the manner that he did, Trudeau has set a dangerous precedent and the new low standard for implementation could lead to additional abuse of the use of the Act by a future PM.

as oposed to the regurgitation i'm just gona say " whatever Shorty said "

Whose job was it really? Sure the City of Ottawa dropped the ball, but then what about the Ambassador bridge/ Coutts/ a couple other crossings, the weapons found ?

It may not have been necessary in reto spect but you don't have that luxury so the emergency act sure looked like the only way out at the time cuz the convoy guys did a great job & didnt leave any out, only in retro spect do they look as pathetic as they really are

I hesitate to call it a "truckers strike" cuz the real truckers were out trucking so this protest was not sanctioned by the Canadian truckers association and a VERY small group of Canadians participated/ are down with the freedom convoy

but thats all past tense cuz its a new news cycle so you can barely find a convoy storey cuz no body is paying attention to the convoy, its all about the Ukraine
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

“overthrow the government convoy”

On this side of the poutine wall, the politicians that try to extend olive branches or compromise with the other side get hammered by both parties. The marketing/spin/optics have become so purity-based that only absolute perfection will satisfy one base or the other. I don’t see comity making a comeback any time soon.
    Welcome to the party, Canadian skier friends

Ok... is there another way to stop the protesters from being funded by far right American crowd funding? Because I don't love the idea of foreign entities that supported the Jan 6th event in the US encouraging illegal protests with the same goal.

The act requires an inquiry into how it was used... will we not find out the details of frozen accounts there?

Ok... is there another way to stop the protesters from being funded by far right American crowd funding? Because I don't love the idea of foreign entities that supported the Jan 6th event in the US encouraging illegal protests with the same goal.

The act requires an inquiry into how it was used... will we not find out the details of frozen accounts there?
    Canada has AML (anti money laundering) and tracing laws in place. All countries who signed international anti corruption and tracing laws do. We have the required laws in place. However the regulatory authority administering it (Fintrac) is incompetent. I work in this field. They're bumbling idiots.

In theory, Fintrac could track funding sources. If they were competent..But see above.

Fintrrac was then given more powers via the Emergencies Act. .Thank God those bumblies only had it for a few days