Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I just hope the CPC can get a leader and platform that is worth voting for. I'm not the biggest Trudeau fan either, but in order for him to go there needs to be a viable option. Just repeating "I'm not Justin" isn't enough, but they keep going back to that same well for some reason.
    well exaclty ^^ but I doubt it,

consider Trudeau is just suposed to lead the party

The CPC problem is the un-electable Candidates,

if you can't put butts on benches in the house you don't get to be the boss
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    In a democratic society does the leader refuse to negotiate or listen to grievances or instead vilify and then declare emergency powers that are what amount to marshal law? In no way do the peaceful protests in Ottawa meet the high threshold requirement that was established when the Emergency Measures Act was drawn up.

When the truckers first started out I had little faith that they would accomplish anything useful. But the surprise was that they revealed the true nature of Prime Minister Blackface. He is a bully and a tyrant and his dictatorial over reaction behaviour to a peaceful protest that inconvenienced the citizens of Ottawa, is an embarrassment internationally to both Trudeau and Canada.
    Read more, think more, post less. That goes for your buddy asspen as well. Canada needs no advice from mouth breathers like you two. Ignorant goofs!

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This is the biggest news story to come out of Canada, maybe ever. Reporters who ignore actual news stories because it doesn't fit with their agenda and narrow world view should not be in the reporting business at all.

Thats my point. Nobody can disagree with that statement.
    Youre skougs level

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I just hope the CPC can get a leader and platform that is worth voting for. I'm not the biggest Trudeau fan either, but in order for him to go there needs to be a viable option. Just repeating "I'm not Justin" isn't enough, but they keep going back to that same well for some reason.
    So true. The apoplexy of the anti-Trudeaus on various comment boards seems to be a sickness. Never voted for the guy and not planning to in the future but totally agree with nipping this insurrection in the bud.

my favorite is the woman who sat at the bridge on the main highway with an anti trudeau sign every saturday am during the election before last

I am not sure what she is thinking cuz this riding has been an NDP stronghold for the last 15 yrs and there isn't even a Liberal candidate living here what a waste of time

Crossed into Canada through Sumas, WA on 2/17. One of my friends was outside of the 72 window for the negative pcr test. They were pissed but let us through. If it were a busier crossing I bet they would of turned us around. No one asked about quarantine plans or checked our vax cards or even the QR code the arrivecan app gives you once you've input all the info.

Almost all places were pretty adamant about checking vaccine status upon entrance but once you were in it was pretty chill. Good times were had. Revvy fuckin slaps.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Crossed into Canada through Sumas, WA on 2/17. One of my friends was outside of the 72 window for the negative pcr test. They were pissed but let us through. If it were a busier crossing I bet they would of turned us around. No one asked about quarantine plans or checked our vax cards or even the QR code the arrivecan app gives you once you've input all the info.

Almost all places were pretty adamant about checking vaccine status upon entrance but once you were in it was pretty chill. Good times were had. Revvy fuckin slaps.
    FYI I believe the reason they don’t check the QR code on the app is because the app attaches all of your info to your passport number. As soon as they scan your passport, they see all of the info. I’ve crossed two times now and they didn’t ask to see the QR code.

I've crossed a bunch of times, they have never asked to see the QR either.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well exaclty ^^ but I doubt it,

consider Trudeau is just suposed to lead the party

The CPC problem is the un-electable Candidates,

if you can't put butts on benches in the house you don't get to be the boss
    I would argue that the CPC's problem is their policies are moving further and further away from what most Canadians want. Last election 52.7% of the country voted liberals or further left not including fringe parties that are irrelevant. 38.6% voted conservative or further right (and that includes the PPC, which many would consider a fringe party) excluding fringe parties that are irrelevant. This excludes the Bloc as it is an outlier of left and right wing policies, whatever favours the Quebecois at the time. Harper kept them in power for as long as he did by staying as centre-right as he could while keeping everyone in line. As the CPC appears to be shifting toward a more right wing, populist, agenda (and I stress the word "appears" - we shall see what their leadership vote delivers) similar to Trump's, which I suspect will alienate more Canadian voters than it brings in to their cause. One of the things I believe the right wing cannot seem to grasp as being true, is that the trucker convoy represented a small minority of the country. Aligning with a position favoured by a minority of voters seems like a foolish political strategy in my opinion but I'm not a paid strategist or a dentist so really don't know what to make of it all.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    I would argue that the CPC's problem is their policies are moving further and further away from what most Canadians want. Last election 52.7% of the country voted liberals or further left not including fringe parties that are irrelevant. 38.6% voted conservative or further right (and that includes the PPC, which many would consider a fringe party) excluding fringe parties that are irrelevant. This excludes the Bloc as it is an outlier of left and right wing policies, whatever favours the Quebecois at the time. Harper kept them in power for as long as he did by staying as centre-right as he could while keeping everyone in line. As the CPC appears to be shifting toward a more right wing, populist, agenda (and I stress the word "appears" - we shall see what their leadership vote delivers) similar to Trump's, which I suspect will alienate more Canadian voters than it brings in to their cause. One of the things I believe the right wing cannot seem to grasp as being true, is that the trucker convoy represented a small minority of the country. Aligning with a position favoured by a minority of voters seems like a foolish political strategy in my opinion but I'm not a paid strategist or a dentist so really don't know what to make of it all.
    Yes, this seems pretty clear to me and almost everyone I interact with, but it’s the certainty of their legitimacy (der Wille zur Macht) despite all evidence (scientific or statistical) that makes these right wing nutters so unpredictable, alluring (to a type), and potentially dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That's what I've heard, too. Don't even think about cutting it close.
    45 minutes for 10 cars? wow that's rough

Does anyone know if the new antigen testing requirement starting Feb 28 requires a negative no more than 1 day prior, or less than 24hrs prior? Sounds like splitting hairs but when scheduling a test and travel times it can matter, and from what I gather a few hours here or there matters.

For reference, when returning from Mexico to the US is was specifically 1 day prior, not 24hrs, to allow for scheduling/travel.
    thanks

WTF? Isn't more than one day prior exceeding 24 hours by definition?

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Here's the issue, and again, maybe splitting hairs and I don't need to worry about it. I have a antigen test scheduled on Tuesday morning, then I drive and I won't arrive at the border until Wednesday afternoon. That's both more that 24 hours, and one day prior.

This is the relevant text from Canada's updated rules:
    Travellers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day prior to their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) or a molecular test result (taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) to meet pre-entry requirements.

For comparison, here's the US's entry guidelines:
    The 1-day period is 1 day before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 1-day time frame instead of 24 hours to provide more flexibility to the air passenger and aircraft operator. By using a 1-day window, test acceptability does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test sample was taken.

For example, if your flight is at 1pm on a Friday, you could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This is the biggest news story to come out of Canada, maybe ever. Reporters who ignore actual news stories because it doesn't fit with their agenda and narrow world view should not be in the reporting business at all.

Thats my point. Nobody can disagree with that statement.
    Damn straight you can argue about that!
    Complete bullshit.
    From the beginning it was a pathetic, useless protest that never had the chance of doing the slightest bit of good or change anything. Yes, the hillbillies had a ball honking their horn‘s and having a redneck party on Justin Trudeau‘s doorstep. All the miserable single moms sitting at home on Facebook were able to shed a tear and feel some emotion because big shiny trucks were fighting for them. The news was there, they got nonstop harassment and they reported on the circus. Way more attention then they deserved, but they had there five minutes of shame. Biggest new story to come out of Canada? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Biggest new story to come out of Canada? Wow.
    "Biggest news story to come out of Canada" - keep in mind it's an American saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    WTF is up with your profile picture?

Why all the hate on this website?

Let’s not forget protesters or not they are all Canadians. Canadians that have the time to protest for change as they too have been affected by lockdowns and affected by mandates. Most people that went to Ottawa To protest lost jobs, businesses, houses, loved ones, they could have been denied saying goodbye to a loved one on their death bed, couldn’t attend a funeral, couldn’t get a surgery or cancer treatment etc.... but that’s the story mainstream media refuses to report- they would rather report on the coffee shop that lost a couple weeks of business because they were disrupted due to there choice to locate next to parliament hill...

It’s human nature that when shit hits the fan in your country parliament is where the protest is going to happen. History tells us so....

International media are the ones reporting the one-sided media response in Canada. Flip on bbc/ cnn/ aljazeera they are all mocking the Canadian government and media...Even private media publications in Canada like the Economist are saying similar things that Aspen just said....

Now go skiing- this is a ski website!

WTF is up with your profile picture? - It's off the cover of Rolling stones Exile on Mainstreet album.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...-album-artwork

I remeber being shocked by it back in the day, and thought WTF? Perhaps its time for a refresh. There are certainly more recent examples of humans being absurd.

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Why all the hate on this website?

Let’s not forget protesters or not they are all Canadians. Canadians that have the time to protest for change as they too have been affected by lockdowns and affected by mandates. Most people that went to Ottawa To protest lost jobs, businesses, houses, loved ones, they could have been denied saying goodbye to a loved one on their death bed, couldn’t attend a funeral, couldn’t get a surgery or cancer treatment etc.... but that’s the story mainstream media refuses to report- they would rather report on the coffee shop that lost a couple weeks of business because they were disrupted due to there choice to locate next to parliament hill...

It’s human nature that when shit hits the fan in your country parliament is where the protest is going to happen. History tells us so....

International media are the ones reporting the one-sided media response in Canada. Flip on bbc/ cnn/ aljazeera they are all mocking the Canadian government and media...Even private media publications in Canada like the Economist are saying similar things that Aspen just said....

Now go skiing- this is a ski website!
    Yes - TheLine (https://theline.substack.com/) did some good work with reporters going to Ottawa/Coutts/Windsor and doing groundwork. To their credit (and the narrative that the protestors were all yahoos) they painted a lot more of a nuanced picture. Having said that, 3 weeks of protesting became assholish

And I got back from a week of storm skiing at the Pass!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    3 weeks of protesting became assholish!
    Blame that on the prime minister’s inability to recognize the protest for the 1st 2 weeks and Another week to do something about it....lack of leadership...

Seems to be a strong characteristic of Cdns these days...

Pass was good? Post up! Glad to see at least a few mags that post on this thread still ski!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2OlAXDW7W0

Crayon eaters dude and quitters all of them

I havent wathced it yet but 5th estate is always good, don't you be a quitter sit and watch all 42 minutes with a beer

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Pass was good? Post up! Glad to see at least a few mags that post on this thread still ski!!
    But Justin has nice hair! I've given up on posting ski stuff. Don't blame them. If I was a nearly dead dadbod cube dweller fapping to Covid threads I'd have no interest in powder pics also

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    But Justin has nice hair! I've given up on posting ski stuff. Don't blame them. If I was a nearly dead dadbod cube dweller fapping to Covid threads I'd have no interest in powder pics also
    Guess CERB ran out for a few of them and living the dream is over? Back to cubical life, trolling ski websites for covid threads and living paycheque to paycheque? Hope that’s not the case because it’s just plain sad...but our gov has enabled this compliant lazy attitude....when u reach the top of the bull wheel and the unload station says: keep your tips up! Consider it good advice!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 02-25-2022 at 06:28 PM.