Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 3006
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

    The variants and associated fear mongering are never going to end...The strong Canadiens are going to force baby Trudeau to open back up eventually. You heard it here first.
    all pandemics eventually end man.
    24° 06°

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,254
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What is this, a political speech? Are you running for office XXX-er?
    thats how it looks from upstairs eh

    the crack heads living in the downstairs apt

    think about it if 40% of republicans refuse to vax on political grounds thats like about as many people as there are living in Canada
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,356
    Opening the borders would be a slap in the face of can citizens still restricting their travel. In BC we have the india strain do gov is only allowing travel within health regions as of a couple days ago. We're doing ok with the percentage of first vaccinations. Few have been fully vaccinated country wide. Once we have a substantial amount fully vaccinated it might be time to consider borders

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    all pandemics eventually end man.
    They become endemic, but never "end" like you say. The "end" you speak of is the collective population pushing back on the "temporary" powers given to the terrance and phillip government that they will refuse to give up without public outrage.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    20,201
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    gov is only allowing travel within health regions as of a couple days ago.
    This is just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Opening the borders would be a slap in the face of can citizens still restricting their travel. In BC we have the india strain do gov is only allowing travel within health regions as of a couple days ago. We're doing ok with the percentage of first vaccinations. Few have been fully vaccinated country wide. Once we have a substantial amount fully vaccinated it might be time to consider borders

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sounds like somebody more importanter than the average Canadien is gallavanting around the world for the india strain to reach canada, eh?

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    So only let in the vaccinated
    thats coming so how do you figure it out when people don't think they need to prove it ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    and we miss your strip clubs.

    The variants and associated fear mongering are never going to end...The strong Canadiens are going to force baby Trudeau to open back up eventually. You heard it here first.
    It'll happen as soon as the country is more or less back to normal. Just give us 4-6 weeks. We're a careful bunch up here, apparently.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    They become endemic, but never "end" like you say. The "end" you speak of is the collective population pushing back on the "temporary" powers given to the terrance and phillip government that they will refuse to give up without public outrage.
    well whatever, its gonna end. In 5 years we wont be talking about it and shit will be back to normal. you heard it here first.

    You guys can end it the "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness" way, and we will end it the "Peace, Order and Good Government" way.

    Damn lotta people ded tho.
    24° 06°

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Sounds like somebody more importanter than the average Canadien is gallavanting around the world for the india strain to reach canada, eh?
    Canada only suspended flights from India on April 22nd, so it's no big secret how that strain got into Canada.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    20,201
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    thats coming so how do you figure it out when people don't think they need to prove it ?
    Doesn't matter what people think. If it's a rule, they can follow or not come
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Canada only suspended flights from India on April 22nd, so it's no big secret how that strain got into Canada.
    And the average canadien cannot travel outside their "health zone"?

    Oh the irony.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    3,115
    We deserve another summer of Sea to Sky/Whistler Bike Park without Americans as a reward for getting through the pandemic! Keep the border closed until after labour day! Hearing they might relax rules on loading chairs as well which should kill line-ups in the park, could be an epic summer.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    This is just dumb.
    Why is limiting travel still dumb when some places remain a tire fire?

    Quebec is > 60% vaxxed now, but I don't want the remaining 40 going to some music festival in Manitoba and bringing that shit back here.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,900
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    thats coming so how do you figure it out when people don't think they need to prove it ?
    Easy, you don't let them in. I'll say it again... if a person chooses not to be vaccinated, then Canada (or another country) can choose to keep them out. Seems pretty easy to me. What happens when you try to enter another country without a valid passport? Entry denied.

    Oh, and here's an interesting stat for all of our friendly neighbors to the north: in 2019, almost 21 million Canadians visited the US, but only 15 million US residents visited Canada. So you guys need us way more than we need you (discounting my need for more BC mountain biking this summer or fall, of course).



  16. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    And the average canadien cannot travel outside their "health zone"?

    Oh the irony.
    Also dude, Canadien refers to French Canadians, which is a minority of the population. I know you're being cute and all, but you're actually referring to a very specific segment of the population. It's like if I was talking about Americans, but kept referring to them as Italian-Americans or what have you.
    24° 06°

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    10,038

    Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

    Is Manitoba a place? Never heard of it. Is it like Saskatoon? That’s a place, right?
    crab in my shoe mouth

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,254
    I don't think the situation of a vax passport is anywhere near addressed and the border isnt openned anyway so no rush
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Is Manitoba a place? Never heard of it.
    It's right next to that place that rhymes with Vagina.
    24° 06°

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,570
    Wait... there won't be any Rush?! What're people gonna listen to, Nickelback? Pfft...

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    20,201
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Why is limiting travel still dumb when some places remain a tire fire?

    Quebec is > 60% vaxxed now, but I don't want the remaining 40 going to some music festival in Manitoba and bringing that shit back here.
    BC has restricted travel within BC the point of not being allowed to go from one part of a city to another.

    This type of TC is rarely warranted, much less effective, unless you have a huge disparity in prevalence AND susceptibility between the areas: one region that is truly clean and unvaccianted vs another area that has high prevalence. Then you effectively establish a cordon sanitaire like what China tried and failed to do early in the emerging outbreak (think January 2020). But proper application of this measure is at the boundary between clean and infected regions, not "no mingling between any sub-area of a city/province" without regard to local prevalence rates vs vaccination rates. There is no consideration for that and so what is accomplished? Curtailing freedom and economic activity for very little benefit!

    The virus is everywhere. Primary TC is by local restrictions on masking, distancing, and gatherings/business, not by sub-regional travel restrictions. The level of TC you gain by subregional or regional travel restrictions is minimal.

    Vaccinate the shit out of everyone ASAP while you mask+distance+curtail large indoor gatherings, then release restrictions on the vaccinated, and that is the key to population and economic health.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Wait... there won't be any Rush?! What're people gonna listen to, Nickelback? Pfft...
    Saskadelphia
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,570
    Totally. The Tragically Hip are the quintessential Canadian band.

    ...or were.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    208 State
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    all pandemics eventually end man.
    yep, that's what some virus some day will do....end humanity

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Also dude, Canadien refers to French Canadians, which is a minority of the population. I know you're being cute and all, but you're actually referring to a very specific segment of the population. It's like if I was talking about Americans, but kept referring to them as Italian-Americans or what have you.
    Good to know, i guess since the only sexy Canadiens are the french ones.

    All i can picture are terrance and phillip hurling profanities at each other with split heads, eh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •