Page 109 of 121 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3018
  1. #2701
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    This has been happening in hospitals in major metro areas in Canada for the past decade. Maybe Covid has made it slightly worse, but it's certainly not a new problem.
    COVID has made it SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

    And pre-COVID we weren't cancelling elective surgeries because there was no capacity at the hospitals.

  2. #2702
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This.

    If the US and Canada's healthcare systems are pushed to the brink from a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, maybe we need to re evaluate what is important RE: capacity for when the next pandemic comes around...
    My God you are an idiot.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  3. #2703
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    13,391
    Hi, this is a reminder that hackers have been getting into accounts with stsle old passwords and causing mayhem scamming people in gear swap.

    Update your passwords, be wary in gear swap, report suspect activity!

  4. #2704
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...nday-1.6351112

    RCMP sieze guns/ body armor at coutts border crossing in alberts ^^ bad optics, pretty dumb

    it proves these guys are not just some hard working good old boys there will be less people who are with them

    and it gives a really good reason for invoking the emergency measures act
    What a coincidence all of a sudden the RCMP got an anonymous tip and knew exactly where to look....

    Just the right amount of info for all the brainwashed liberal followers to justify their hate for the common Canadian.


    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  5. #2705
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Covid is already rampant in Canada. Letting people cross the borders, sick, vaccinated or not, isn't going to make any meaningful difference.

    On the other hand, the hospitals in Alberta are jam packed... with vaxxed and unvaxxed.

    My mum has COPD and got a cold... tested 5 times for covid and all negative... but she developed breathing problems and needed to go to the hospital.

    While being tested in hospital (for the 5th time in 3 days) she told the nurse if she tested positive she would be eligible for antiviral treatments because she is high risk with COPD. The nurse told her there isn't much supply of those drugs and they tend to reserve them for unvaccinated patients because they have worse outcomes than those who are vaccinated. That is a fucking travesty. Let that unvaxxed person fend for themselves and let's help my mum who is tripple vaxxed and doing everything she can to protect herself.

    Also, when I left emerg after dropping her off, the hallways were FULL of patients on gurneys with many paramedics waiting with them. They can't leave the patient until they are into the hospital system and there's no space or people to get them into the system so they wait in the hallways.

    Shit is fucking real here.
    There are a bunch of health care professionals who would be back to work on a phone call if the mandates were dropped.
    But no, just keep stacking patients up so the general public can hate on the bad unvaccinated...


    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  6. #2706
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    875
    Don't see CBC or other news sources reporting on the heavy equipment that was damaged and admitted to by the RCMP on private land....

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  7. #2707
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,931
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    What a coincidence all of a sudden the RCMP got an anonymous tip and knew exactly where to look....

    Just the right amount of info for all the brainwashed liberal followers to justify their hate for the common Canadian.


    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Holy shit... you are so fucking disconnected from reality.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  8. #2708
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    What a coincidence all of a sudden the RCMP got an anonymous tip and knew exactly where to look....

    Just the right amount of info for all the brainwashed liberal followers to justify their hate for the common Canadian.


    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

    Pano does not disappoint. Had a feeling this conspiracy would pop up after the gun thing was posted.

  9. #2709
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,931
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Don't see CBC or other news sources reporting on the heavy equipment that was damaged and admitted to by the RCMP on private land....

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    And that's the same thing as bringing guns and body armor to a protest?

    I've been trying to engage with you on your baseless points but I'm done... you are beyond reach.

    Welcome to my growing ignore list... I'm surprised you made it this far.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  10. #2710
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    12,080
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Don't see CBC or other news sources reporting on the heavy equipment that was damaged and admitted to by the RCMP on private land....

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    I'm just a guy with Google, but it was the second result: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...test-1.6350336

  11. #2711
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,630
    Actualy thehospitol staff are sick of taking care of mostly unvaxed covid patients after 2 yrs and a phone call won't necessarily get them back, we are lucky if they don't all quit

    I don't know any common Canadians with body Armour or automatic weapons, if you get caught with either you are in big trouble in Canada

    disabling heavy equipment is what the police did it doesnt say what they did but the perps tried to ram them which is generally considered illegal behavior, the fact nobody got hurt is a big thing

    in Coutts Ottawa and any where there is a protest be very sure the pop-po are watching & waiting cuz this is a very highly organized protest and its all the same org so now consider they have caught 11 someones to question at coutts in Alberta, some one always sings

    Pano dude has been a crayon-eater on this file so expect more of same
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  12. #2712
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    What a coincidence all of a sudden the RCMP got an anonymous tip and knew exactly where to look....

    Just the right amount of info for all the brainwashed liberal followers to justify their hate for the common Canadian.


    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    well if they have high cap mags then they go to jail whether they had them at protest or not, handguns the same as protest is not on way to range. Handguns and big mags are there to kill people specifically police and you are defending that? Alternate reality or what. I had a anti vaxxer post that Cuba was treating covid with good thoughts and no vaxx, well it turns out they have their own vax and are exporting and are one of the most vaxxed countries on earth. Have approved their vax for kids down to 2. Must be cool to live in a reality where you can makeup whatever you want to believe.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  13. #2713
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,417
    Amazing that pano rolls with the super knowledgeable 10% of the population while the rest of us are just brainwashed by the cbc. What a legend

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  14. #2714
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This.

    If the US and Canada's healthcare systems are pushed to the brink from a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, maybe we need to re evaluate what is important RE: capacity for when the next pandemic comes around...
    Nah, keep peopel being afraid they'll have to pay for the treatment of a few unvaxxed while the largest transfer of wealth in world history takes place because of these lockdowns and state sponsored vaccine sales. Their future is being stolen from them while they are distracted being scared of shit that really does pose that much danger. A very low mortality virus and a very small amount of possible economic burden on the health care system that wouldn't be the end of the world if the system wasn't predatory to the edge of dysfunction. Make them scared of fellow citizens that disagree with them and trust anything the government says or does because anything is better than someone else being treated with respect. The most important thing is knowing the people I don't like don't get their way.

    The safest societies the world has ever seen quaking in fear from a virus that is rarely deadly, ready to give away anything just in the hope that things get back to normal. So eager to blame the unvaxxed because they can't face the fact that this was always going to be endemic and almost everything they were told to the contrary in support of the cash grab vaccines turned out to not be true.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

  15. #2715
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    10,339
    Got to get this vaccine shit back on track
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0892DD6-1757-460E-AE7F-9B2D51C0541A.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	254.2 KB 
ID:	405913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4BD1BC1-1F27-4CF7-8B8E-0F858C004E72.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	405914
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  16. #2716
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Nah, keep peopel being afraid they'll have to pay for the treatment of a few unvaxxed while the largest transfer of wealth in world history takes place because of these lockdowns and state sponsored vaccine sales. Their future is being stolen from them while they are distracted being scared of shit that really does pose that much danger. A very low mortality virus and a very small amount of possible economic burden on the health care system that wouldn't be the end of the world if the system wasn't predatory to the edge of dysfunction. Make them scared of fellow citizens that disagree with them and trust anything the government says or does because anything is better than someone else being treated with respect. The most important thing is knowing the people I don't like don't get their way.

    The safest societies the world has ever seen quaking in fear from a virus that is rarely deadly, ready to give away anything just in the hope that things get back to normal. So eager to blame the unvaxxed because they can't face the fact that this was always going to be endemic and almost everything they were told to the contrary in support of the cash grab vaccines turned out to not be true.
    LOL. There are no lockdowns right now dude.

    I’m not afraid of you and your ideas or those with whom you have common cause, I just happen to think you are wrong. Except those of you who show up with guns and talk about killing politicians and over throwing the elected government because . . . you don’t want to get a vaccine.

    I’m glad I got the $25 dollar shot, lowers my odds of ending up on some ivermectin/regenron/whatever treatment that wil cost at least 100x.


    No sense of irony that the people bitching about healthcare being for profit are the same people who have consistently ranked any chance at reform. The. Exact. Same. People.

  17. #2717
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,417
    Cost is 23k to treat a covid patient , on average. Hospitals have been borderline capacity for the last coupld months. I like austrias strategy. Charge the unvaxxed a $4k/3 month tax. That would make up those hc costs. Otherwise they give up a bed if someone else needs it

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  18. #2718
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,630
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    LOL. There are no lockdowns right now dude.

    I’m not afraid of you and your ideas or those with whom you have common cause, I just happen to think you are wrong. Except those of you who show up with guns and talk about killing politicians and over throwing the elected government because . . . you don’t want to get a vaccine.

    I’m glad I got the $25 dollar shot, lowers my odds of ending up on some ivermectin/regenron/whatever treatment that wil cost at least 100x.


    No sense of irony that the people bitching about healthcare being for profit are the same people who have consistently ranked any chance at reform. The. Exact. Same. People.
    you crayon eaters realize this is a thread about Canada, a country to the narth with universal HC ?

    which means you don't have to pay for it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  19. #2719
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,417
    And a fraction of the %of people lose their house to a hc bill

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  20. #2720
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    No sense of irony that the people bitching about healthcare being for profit are the same people who have consistently ranked any chance at reform. The. Exact. Same. People.
    This is a generaliztion and assumption. You need to interact with people as individuals. You're lumping different issues together to form some sort of idea of who your opposition is based on party lines or something.

    People who support socialized medicine can distrust these vaccines. I'm one. People who debate you based on talking points you never said because they imagine you're part of the sociopolitical group that would support them are disapointing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

  21. #2721
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    This is a generaliztion and assumption. You need to interact with people as individuals. You're lumping different issues together to form some sort of idea of who your opposition is based on party lines or something.

    People who support socialized medicine can distrust these vaccines. I'm one. People who debate you based on talking points you never said because they imagine you're part of the sociopolitical group that would support them are disapointing.

    Says the guy who appears to be fine making sweeping generalizations like this:

    “Nah, keep peopel being afraid they'll have to pay for the treatment of a few unvaxxed while the largest transfer of wealth in world history takes place because of these lockdowns and state sponsored vaccine sales. Their future is being stolen from them while they are distracted being scared of shit that really does pose that much danger. A very low mortality virus and a very small amount of possible time economic burden on the health care system that wouldn't be the end of the world if the system wasn't predatory to the edge of dysfunction. Make them scared of fellow citizens that disagree with them and trust anything the government says or does because anything is better than someone else being treated with respect. The most important thing is knowing the people I don't like don't get their way.”

    Why is it this always seems to be a one way street with the individualists? “Adapt to me, modify your system for me, accommodate my needs”, with little recognition that if you want to act this way you have personal moral responsibility to not harm others, to take care of your own shit, that if you eschew the social contract you shouldn’t expect everyone to be okay with the implicit taking advantage that comes with it? Unless you are a billionaire, we don’t make special rules and systems to accommodate your every desire and preference.

    I’ll just put you in the very tiny overlap of people who want socialized medicine but are opposed to the very moderate efforts to contain CoVID including a very small ask regarding a vaccine. If we had socialized medicine it would be even more likely that you would have a vaccine mandate to access it, IMO. I’m still laughing at the “lockdown” comment.

    Anyways, to xxx’s point, wrong forum, wrong thread.

  22. #2722
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,861
    "the largest transfer of wealth in world history"

    hmmm....

  23. #2723
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Says the guy who appears to be fine making sweeping generalizations like this:

    “Nah, keep peopel being afraid they'll have to pay for the treatment of a few unvaxxed while the largest transfer of wealth in world history takes place because of these lockdowns and state sponsored vaccine sales. Their future is being stolen from them while they are distracted being scared of shit that really does pose that much danger. A very low mortality virus and a very small amount of possible time economic burden on the health care system that wouldn't be the end of the world if the system wasn't predatory to the edge of dysfunction. Make them scared of fellow citizens that disagree with them and trust anything the government says or does because anything is better than someone else being treated with respect. The most important thing is knowing the people I don't like don't get their way.”

    Why is it this always seems to be a one way street with the individualists? “Adapt to me, modify your system for me, accommodate my needs”, with little recognition that if you want to act this way you have personal moral responsibility to not harm others, to take care of your own shit, that if you eschew the social contract you shouldn’t expect everyone to be okay with the implicit taking advantage that comes with it? Unless you are a billionaire, we don’t make special rules and systems to accommodate your every desire and preference.

    I’ll just put you in the very tiny overlap of people who want socialized medicine but are opposed to the very moderate efforts to contain CoVID including a very small ask regarding a vaccine. If we had socialized medicine it would be even more likely that you would have a vaccine mandate to access it, IMO. I’m still laughing at the “lockdown” comment.

    Anyways, to xxx’s point, wrong forum, wrong thread.
    Release the trial data. Then we will talk. That is not unreasonable. Am I wrong? That isn't some sort of selfish individualism. Its halfway decent science, that these companies have fought like fucking hell to avoid. Doing so has created more hesitancy and reduced trust in them, while, if their products are as good as they say, it would benefit them to do just the opposite and go with transparancy. Can you come up with a reason why they won't share trial data? And you still want to suck their dick?

    When you start your argument by thinking the people you're talking to are idiots and wrong, it doesn't really get you very far. If you cannot conceptualize someone disagreeing with you for any other reason than they are somehow philisophically imature, then you yourself need to broaden your perspective.

    Arguing with the weakest version of your opponents ideas or perspective is a sign of insecurity in ones own ideas. Arguing with the strongest version and actually respecting someone elses viewpoints and seeing why they would disagree with you a sign of strength.

    Play armchair shrink/philosopher all you want, I'm known for that myself, but the reality is this is not a mobilization of fully tested drugs. This is a global trial of expeirimental drugs they won't share trial data about.

    I get the things you fearful vax people say. You simplify it to the point its just rona scary vax reduce scary rona. Ok ya you got a point. Theres a lot more to it than that, and its not all just about the vax. When I hear people still mad at vaccine hestiant or regretful, it just seems like a bizzare place to put your energy these days, as it wont end the pandemic, just seems like someone to get angry and blame so you don't have to face the reality all the bullshit we've been through related to the handling of this pandemic has done more harm than good, unless you're one of a handful of billionares that vastly expanded their wealth during this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

  24. #2724
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Release the trial data. Then we will talk. That is not unreasonable. Am I wrong? That isn't some sort of selfish individualism. Its halfway decent science, that these companies have fought like fucking hell to avoid. Doing so has created more hesitancy and reduced trust in them, while, if their products are as good as they say, it would benefit them to do just the opposite and go with transparancy. Can you come up with a reason why they won't share trial data? And you still want to suck their dick?

    When you start your argument by thinking the people you're talking to are idiots and wrong, it doesn't really get you very far. If you cannot conceptualize someone disagreeing with you for any other reason than they are somehow philisophically imature, then you yourself need to broaden your perspective.

    Arguing with the weakest version of your opponents ideas or perspective is a sign of insecurity in ones own ideas. Arguing with the strongest version and actually respecting someone elses viewpoints and seeing why they would disagree with you a sign of strength.

    Play armchair shrink/philosopher all you want, I'm known for that myself, but the reality is this is not a mobilization of fully tested drugs. This is a global trial of expeirimental drugs they won't share trial data about.

    I get the things you fearful vax people say. You simplify it to the point its just rona scary vax reduce scary rona. Ok ya you got a point. Theres a lot more to it than that, and its not all just about the vax. When I hear people still mad at vaccine hestiant or regretful, it just seems like a bizzare place to put your energy these days, as it wont end the pandemic, just seems like someone to get angry and blame so you don't have to face the reality all the bullshit we've been through related to the handling of this pandemic has done more harm than good, unless you're one of a handful of billionares that vastly expanded their wealth during this.
    Your proof that the measures taken have done more harm than good is... where?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

  25. #2725
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Golden, BC
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Amazing that pano rolls with the super knowledgeable 10% of the population while the rest of us are just brainwashed by the cbc. What a legend
    Invermere/pano is the second home to many Albertans with similar thoughts on freedom and misunderstandings regarding the Charter. How can you not be tainted by being immersed in that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •