Page 108 of 122 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yup, most are full on inbred hillbillie. Jordan Klepper should do his pcr and come up for a vid

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZ5fHOb...um=share_sheet
    Keep believing what CBC tells you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Havent been watching much cbc but im sure its relatively balanced. Lots of rural religious dupes for sure. Theyre the ones most likely to die of the cron around here.
    You should refresh your browser. The worms have found a way to hack into your brain

Yeah there are some useful idiots mixed in now. probably were a few at january 6th too, but it didn't make it any less of an insurrection.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Havent been watching much cbc but im sure its relatively balanced. Lots of rural religious dupes for sure. Theyre the ones most likely to die of the cron around here.
    You should refresh your browser. The worms have found a way to hack into your brain

CBC Relatively balanced? Thanks man that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Seek help

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think you're right and the problem now is any concession is going to be seen as caving, which will piss off lots of people.
    I don't get being pissed about that. i don't get being pissed about the mandates going away at this point. it seems the people who would be pissed are the craziest karens of society and should not be catered to.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    The stupidity of people sadly no longer surprises me. The reality is that the right wing has become extremely adept at manipulating its followers. Jim Jeffries nicely summed it up (this is with respect to the right wing messa, Trump):

"What happens is, he says really simple shit that means nothing. And then fucking dummies... if you've ever said this sentence "I like him because he's a straight talker!", then you're as dumb as shit. Just because someone says something simple that you understand, does not mean they're a straight talker. You can say complex things and be telling the truth."

We have the same challenges of mental capacity here. People post photos or videos of peaceful protestors as 'proof' that the government and media is lying to them. The parallel would be someone posting a video of an extremist guilty of mass genocide while he is not killing anyone at that moment and thereby claiming it is proof that any claims of extremism or murder are 'fake news' (unless of course he is not white, then most of these people will agree that the person must be a terrorist - I say that tongue in cheek... sort of...).

These people have also confused 'freedom' with 'freedom from consequence of my choices and actions'. The courts in Canada have consistently found that the vaccine mandates are not forcing you to get the vaccine - they're forcing you to choose between getting the vaccine and being able to do things that vaccinated people are allowed to do. The hypocrisy from these people who also generally feel addicts, the homeless, immigrants, and most disadvantaged people should have to live with the consequences of their choices and actions is, unsurprisingly, lost on them. Sure, dropping the vaccine mandates may result in more deaths, hospitalizations, etc. but goddamn it, they want to go to Dennys!
    Its funny when you start from the point of view that those who disagree with you must disagree with you because they are mentally deficient, you find evidence to support that. Ironic to me that you don't see your own inability in that. Starting from the standpoint that people can have valid reasons for interpreting information differently than you, or different ways of excpressing similar values, and trying to understand why they might is a bit too grown up for you I guess.

If these shots worked great, had transparent trial data to accuratly understand risks and efficacy, (instead of largely basing it on case and death rates with no control group) there might be some sort of moral leg to stand on for vaccines mandates.

Does anyone actually believe the shots will end covid? Serious question? Do you guys all actually still believe that? If all the unvaxxed took them would covid be over? Or are we mad at the unvaxxed because if they stop resisting the government will relax control and let things go back to normal?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    You can consider the honking truckers to be uncivilized juvenile assholes while also acknowledging that JT is a pretentious fop.
    Yea I don't think honking at turdoh who is no longer in the city is winning them many friends. They need better strategy. That is the problem with all protests these days, too focused on what is emotionally gratifying and not enough on the strategic goals and a real plan on how to get them. This one honestly seems better in that way than others, but the bar has been set so low in that regard by both blm and even lower of course by jan 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    CBC Relatively balanced? Thanks man that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.
    You're right, it is written at a grade 6 reading level which counts many of these "freedom fighters" out, as they can't read it let alone understand it. Think of how smart the average person is. Now think half the people walking around aren't even that smart. You don't need to know how to read to watch you tube videos and yell like a toddler about something that you think you understand.

There are only nine people in this country that can decide if your rights and freedoms have been taken. The yokels hillbillying in Ottawa have the wrong house, the PM can't do shit, they need to be at the Supreme Court down the block. Furthermore, it will be rare to prove any rights/freedoms have been taken. Most have just lost privileges that they used to have like going to eat in a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Its funny when you start from the point of view that those who disagree with you must disagree with you because they are mentally deficient, you find evidence to support that. Ironic to me that you don't see your own inability in that. Starting from the standpoint that people can have valid reasons for interpreting information differently than you, or different ways of excpressing similar values, and trying to understand why they might is a bit too grown up for you I guess.

If these shots worked great, had transparent trial data to accuratly understand risks and efficacy, (instead of largely basing it on case and death rates with no control group) there might be some sort of moral leg to stand on for vaccines mandates.

Does anyone actually believe the shots will end covid? Serious question? Do you guys all actually still believe that? If all the unvaxxed took them would covid be over? Or are we mad at the unvaxxed because if they stop resisting the government will relax control and let things go back to normal?
    I’d say you just added a data point in favor of shaftys hypothesis with that response.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZ5fHOb...um=share_sheet
    Keep believing what CBC tells you.

You still haven't given me your address so I can set up my counter protest.

Because freedom and stuff.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

No that's unlikely to happen.

But the shots absolutely did help prevent a lot of death and the health care system being overrun up until now.

At this point I'd actually suggest we give in to their demands, as long as anyone who chooses to ignore public health measures regarding covid (to which there is actually a metric of fuck tonne of data to support their efficacy), also signs away their right to receive health care for covid.

I.e. if they won't do the bare minimum to even protect themselves, they can die alone in the alley next to the hospital.

If this is all such a hoax then that should be an easy choice for them to make, right?

Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    At this point I'd actually suggest we give in to their demands, as long as anyone who chooses to ignore public health measures regarding covid (to which there is actually a metric of fuck tonne of data to support their efficacy), also signs away their right to receive health care for covid.
    I don't think it's time to allow unvaxxed people into Canada, there are still a lot of cases and people dying, but I am not a health minister either. In a month it could be true. Until then, I am glad they are dropping the testing requirements for Canadians but I don't see why they should punish foreigners who are also vaxxed. Let people come in and spend. That announcement should follow the one for Canadians shortly.

Most of the mandates are provincial. If people don't like the rules of the province, they should punish those leaders. I personally feel like deleting the vaccine passport apps in the google/apple stores like Alberta is doing serves no purpose and it's too early, but that is their business.

As far as media bias goes, I have been super impressed with the cbc. It is obviously center-left in general, but the conversations are always super respectful and I hear plenty of opinions for people I wouldn't hear from otherwise, on the right and left. The only people crying about bias seem to be the same people off the deep end with Q or listen to Tucker/The Blaze all day and think that is "fair and balanced".

Does anyone show the whole side of the story more factually than the cbc? What facts do they get wrong? They certainly nailed the size of the convoy without diminishing it, unlike Fox and co that flat out lied about 60k.

Sucks that covid is so divisive and that my family can't come and visit but the brain worms from down south can come over freely.

I'm ok with them getting treatment, but I think they should have to pay for it. A $25 shot or $25k, as a tax payer I know what option works best for the country. Why should we pay for their ignorance and selfishness?

Does anyone show the whole side of the story more factually than the cbc? What facts do they get wrong? They certainly nailed the size of the convoy without diminishing it, unlike Fox and co that flat out lied about 60k.
    I agree that the CBC is centre-left (hint, so is most of the country) but relatively free of bias and sensationalism. CTV is another good source for unbiased news.

Covid is already rampant in Canada. Letting people cross the borders, sick, vaccinated or not, isn't going to make any meaningful difference.

On the other hand, the hospitals in Alberta are jam packed... with vaxxed and unvaxxed.

My mum has COPD and got a cold... tested 5 times for covid and all negative... but she developed breathing problems and needed to go to the hospital.

While being tested in hospital (for the 5th time in 3 days) she told the nurse if she tested positive she would be eligible for antiviral treatments because she is high risk with COPD. The nurse told her there isn't much supply of those drugs and they tend to reserve them for unvaccinated patients because they have worse outcomes than those who are vaccinated. That is a fucking travesty. Let that unvaxxed person fend for themselves and let's help my mum who is tripple vaxxed and doing everything she can to protect herself.

Also, when I left emerg after dropping her off, the hallways were FULL of patients on gurneys with many paramedics waiting with them. They can't leave the patient until they are into the hospital system and there's no space or people to get them into the system so they wait in the hallways.

Shit is fucking real here.

Canada's COVID rates are absolutely plummeting and the 7 day cumulative incidence, besides being on the absolute steep downtrend, is only about 150/100K which is pretty low in relative terms of Omicron in a highly vaccinated population.

By the time a policy change is decided and implemented, even if the process started today, the realized 7 day incidence will already probably be below 50/100K and trending down further, solidly in the deceleration phase of the pandemic.

Just saying, the situation is changing fast and the path is clear.

I'm sure there is local variation and that your healthcare system is plenty vulnerable as Canada has historically lacked hospital capacity.

The point of pushing vaccine at this point is to prevent health system impacts and to protect the individual from severe disease, but Canada is at 90%+ for eligible population and over 50% boosted. I have no sympathy for antivax asshole truckers, but decide strategically where you want to fight your battles at this point, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I'm ok with them getting treatment, but I think they should have to pay for it. A $25 shot or $25k, as a tax payer I know what option works best for the country. Why should we pay for their ignorance and selfishness?
    We don't have enough people or beds to treat everyone. Of throwing more money at it would fix it I would agree with this but it would take years to get people and infrastructure in place.

It does suck if people in Edmonton and Calgary, etc, want measures to protect people and the province takes away the tools to allow bars/restaurants to check vax status or require a mask indoors.

Covid is already rampant in Canada. Letting people cross the borders, sick, vaccinated or not, isn't going to make any meaningful difference.

On the other hand, the hospitals in Alberta are jam packed... with vaxxed and unvaxxed.

My mum has COPD and got a cold... tested 5 times for covid and all negative... but she developed breathing problems and needed to go to the hospital.

While being tested in hospital (for the 5th time in 3 days) she told the nurse if she tested positive she would be eligible for antiviral treatments because she is high risk with COPD. The nurse told her there isn't much supply of those drugs and they tend to reserve them for unvaccinated patients because they have worse outcomes than those who are vaccinated. That is a fucking travesty. Let that unvaxxed person fend for themselves and let's help my mum who is tripple vaxxed and doing everything she can to protect herself.

Also, when I left emerg after dropping her off, the hallways were FULL of patients on gurneys with many paramedics waiting with them. They can't leave the patient until they are into the hospital system and there's no space or people to get them into the system so they wait in the hallways.

Shit is fucking real here.
    Fuck'em fuck them in the ass those unvaxxed freedumb fighters. Get rid of the mandates and restrictions but treat being unvaxxed as a DNR. Let in every vaxx in the world , sinovax, cubanwax, sputnik whatever just to give them a choice other than "gene therapy".

OK calmed down. Yes its time to remove restrictions a bit though to make it a victory for the as my brother in Ottawa put it White Trash, whose leaders called for a coup ref MOU, is a bitter pill for me. The smart people did what they could and the dumb ones , well I don't care anymore and look forward to covid trucker death memes. That pat King guy would be gold. All I can do is wish.

Ref CBC being biased. Yes its pretty woke. But the bias is pretty easy to spot. Nothing is untrue but they spin it a bit and sometimes don't cover stuff that is uncomfortable. My example for that is the grooming scandals in UK. The poster child of multi culturalism and PC gone bad. But do you really want that info in the head of a 45 year old lower social econ class person? I can see CBCs point nothing good can come from that.
    Last edited by DougW; 02-14-2022 at 09:50 AM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Except no one in here is advocating for vaccine mandates. A requirement to be vaxxed to cross the border isn't a vaccine mandate. It's one of many, many rules and restrictions that need to be followed to enter into another country.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, fine. But as with almost everything in life, if you forego something that almost everyone else is doing, you're going to miss out on some things.

This has been happening in hospitals in major metro areas in Canada for the past decade. Maybe Covid has made it slightly worse, but it's certainly not a new problem.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...nday-1.6351112

RCMP sieze guns/ body armor at coutts border crossing in alberts ^^ bad optics, pretty dumb

it proves these guys are not just some hard working good old boys there will be less people who are with them

and it gives a really good reason for invoking the emergency measures act
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wp...-donors-leaked

Hack of freedom convoy donor list shows that 56% of donors were from the U.S., 29% from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    This has been happening in hospitals in major metro areas in Canada for the past decade. Maybe Covid has made it slightly worse, but it's certainly not a new problem.
    This.

If the US and Canada's healthcare systems are pushed to the brink from a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, maybe we need to re evaluate what is important RE: capacity for when the next pandemic comes around...

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    COVID has made it SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

And pre-COVID we weren't cancelling elective surgeries because there was no capacity at the hospitals.