Page 107 of 122 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3042
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, I think the trucker protest is big enough that they need to listen to them, but that doesn't mean you give in to them.
    What Trudeau should have done instead of vilifying and painting all of the truckers and their supporters as racist, is met with the leaders. There are several with different agendas/narratives and then JT could have picked the least onerous and got and agreement,

It is still not too late for the Trudeau Government to come out with an announcement that they are dropping the Covid testing requirement for entry into Canada as a way of matching the US regs.

It won't happen though as Trudeau is too arrogant to backtrack or change his position that all these protesters are racist, homophobic, islamiphobic, transphobic, white supremacist terrorists, even though video footage suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    What Trudeau should have done instead of vilifying and painting all of the truckers and their supporters as racist, is met with the leaders. There are several with different agendas/narratives and then JT could have picked the least onerous and got and agreement,

It is still not too late for the Trudeau Government to come out with an announcement that they are dropping the Covid testing requirement for entry into Canada as a way of matching the US regs.

It won't happen though as Trudeau is too arrogant to backtrack or change his position that all these protesters are racist, homophobic, islamiphobic, transphobic, white supremacist terrorists, even though video footage suggests otherwise.
    You would have a long and fruitful career in politics with takes like these.

Does Trudeau not look at US politics? This is his Hillary Deplorable moment, and his blinders are somehow still on.

The truckers lost pretty much all credibility when swastikas started showing up at their protests.

I'm sure there are plenty of perfectly good, reasonable people taking part in those protests, but they're doing a shitty job of keeping their message on point, and they're allowing some entirely terrible people to latch on to the movement. The government isn't going to seriously negotiate with them while that stigma exists, and it's going to be pretty much impossible for the protesters to clean up their image at this point.

What Trudeau should have done instead of vilifying and painting all of the truckers and their supporters as racist, is met with the leaders. There are several with different agendas/narratives and then JT could have picked the least onerous and got and agreement
    I think you're right and the problem now is any concession is going to be seen as caving, which will piss off lots of people.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The truckers lost pretty much all credibility when swastikas started showing up at their protests.

I'm sure there are plenty of perfectly good, reasonable people taking part in those protests, but they're doing a shitty job of keeping their message on point, and they're allowing some entirely terrible people to latch on to the movement. The government isn't going to seriously negotiate with them while that stigma exists, and it's going to be pretty much impossible for the protesters to clean up their image at this point.
    I have heard Trudeau and others mention swastikas but no pics of any and of course one could have been put up by an "agent provocateur". While no doubt there are some far right wingers in the crowd, anyone painting the majority of the protesters with that brush is grasping a straws. The "protesters are all racist" claim is laughable rhetoric, but some believe what they want to.

I have no doubt though that Trudeau will try to use the racist argument as a reason for not negotiating as that seems to be the Liberal Plan all along.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I spent a lot of time catching up on RW news last night.

What I was surprised by was that there were more normal people in Ottawa than in the beginning. The 'organizers' are pretty extremist, like that guy Pat Hill who thinks that the 'Anglo Saxon' bloodline is the most powerful or whatever he was saying. And there are still a lot of shithead nazis still mixed in. I saw some Honk Honk stuff where they were joking about HH/Heil Hitler. As Asspen has noticed, this is actually deplorable. Right, Asspen?

To some extent it is hard to control who shows up to protest, but what do you do when the initiators are shittier than the people who are going now (vanilla libertarian "pro-freedom" / anti-vax people)? I don't mean to imply I agree with the sentiment of protestors and think that the whole thing doesn't have much to do with the vax, it is really an anti-govt/JT protest.

But that said, the hatred of Trudeau simply isn't rational. JTDS? Most of the rules were provincial, and most of the provinces are not run by libs. Obviously they have had an axe to grind for a long time.

Lastly, Dano wants the Canadian rules to match the USA but the USA has the same rules as Canada requiring vaxxes. Is this just poorly communicated or the victim of disinfo? Or is this wrong?

https://blog.fleetcomplete.com/safet...to-u.s.-canada
    https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/international-programs

Anyway, thanks to the 90% of truckers that are going to work and bringing me my fruit from California and Mexico, I appreciate it.

I have heard Trudeau and others mention swastikas but no pics of any and of course one could have been put up by an "agent provocateur". While no doubt there are some far right wingers in the crowd, anyone painting the majority of the protesters with that brush is grasping a straws. The "protesters are all racist" claim is laughable rhetoric, but some believe what they want to.

Oh you posted again. Yes, the swastika and biographies of the organizers are completely absent on Tucker Carlson, the Blaze, Russell Brand, etc... they are also not hard to find. Look at counter protestors instagram accounts. It's weird when people like Tucker say stuff like "they're trying to paint us as white supremacists!" but just because they don't show it doesn't mean it isn't there and has been from the beginning.

here's the organizer i mentioned, and there are other videos saying 'look, i agree with the (nazi) sentiments but we have to be cool in front of the media'. These guys don't represent mainstream values.

https://twitter.com/drandrewb/status...30794125463553
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I have no doubt though that Trudeau will try to use the racist argument as a reason for not negotiating as that seems to be the Liberal Plan all along.

The stupidity of people sadly no longer surprises me. The reality is that the right wing has become extremely adept at manipulating its followers. Jim Jeffries nicely summed it up (this is with respect to the right wing messa, Trump):

"What happens is, he says really simple shit that means nothing. And then fucking dummies... if you've ever said this sentence "I like him because he's a straight talker!", then you're as dumb as shit. Just because someone says something simple that you understand, does not mean they're a straight talker. You can say complex things and be telling the truth."

We have the same challenges of mental capacity here. People post photos or videos of peaceful protestors as 'proof' that the government and media is lying to them. The parallel would be someone posting a video of an extremist guilty of mass genocide while he is not killing anyone at that moment and thereby claiming it is proof that any claims of extremism or murder are 'fake news' (unless of course he is not white, then most of these people will agree that the person must be a terrorist - I say that tongue in cheek... sort of...).

These people have also confused 'freedom' with 'freedom from consequence of my choices and actions'. The courts in Canada have consistently found that the vaccine mandates are not forcing you to get the vaccine - they're forcing you to choose between getting the vaccine and being able to do things that vaccinated people are allowed to do. The hypocrisy from these people who also generally feel addicts, the homeless, immigrants, and most disadvantaged people should have to live with the consequences of their choices and actions is, unsurprisingly, lost on them. Sure, dropping the vaccine mandates may result in more deaths, hospitalizations, etc. but goddamn it, they want to go to Dennys!
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

One of the things that I find to be suspect is the ease of raising money that the Freedom Convoy has experienced. $10M in a week or so with GoFundMe and then $5M in a couple of days with GiveGoWhatever. Even in Canadian dollars that is way too much $ in way too short of time, Canadians are not that generous especially to an ad hoc group with a varying narrative/message and no recognizable leader.

I suspect foreign players but no clues as to who is behind all the donations.

I suspect foreign players but no clues as to who is behind all the donations.
    It’s yank $$$, heavy play on US political outrage tv/media, an easy source of grass roots $$$ in/from the us.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    It’s yank $$$, heavy play on US political outrage tv/media, an easy source of grass roots $$$ in/from the us.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/americ...ysis-1.5775986

paying the tab to turn every country into a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    You would have a long and fruitful career in politics with takes like these.

Does Trudeau not look at US politics? This is his Hillary Deplorable moment, and his blinders are somehow still on.
    This is the one? The worst thing ever? Really?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Honk Honk
    I'm hoping you are not aware that this has become, even before this event, a synonym for 'Heil Hitler'? I mean, you do you but... don't do you if that's the type of person you are.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    My passports expired years ago and I still use them for cross border travel by car. Never had an issue. Only disclaimer is I am a dual citizen of US and Canada. An agent told me (pre-9-11) that you can travel on expired passports within US/Canada without issue.
    This is probably a true statement. As part of my US Postal Service training we were taught that an expired passport is still adequate documentation of citizenship. In other words, your citizenship did not expire, even though your passport did.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Too lazy to scroll back through this thread but i know there was lots of good beta. No new changes as of now correct? im supposed to cross over border from idaho on next sunday and head to RED. i will take the pcr test on this friday. is it within 72 hours or three days the requirement? at border i may get a random test that i have to do a virtual meeting or screening or just toss it as i read earlier? and as a US citizen with vax i dont need anything to return correct? does the trucker situation impact any of this? sorry im not very bright and lazy. Thanks for any info and keeping this thread active. It has been very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    Too lazy to scroll back through this thread but i know there was lots of good beta. No new changes as of now correct? im supposed to cross over border from idaho on next sunday and head to RED. i will take the pcr test on this friday. is it within 72 hours or three days the requirement? at border i may get a random test that i have to do a virtual meeting or screening or just toss it as i read earlier? and as a US citizen with vax i dont need anything to return correct? does the trucker situation impact any of this? sorry im not very bright and lazy. Thanks for any info and keeping this thread active. It has been very helpful.
    No worries, I recently crossed at Paterson, spent a couple nights in Rossland. To get into Canada, you need a Passport, Vax Card, Negative PCR test within 72 hours of your crossing, and a quarantine plan. Need to get the Arrive Cann app, schedule your crossing and upload your stuff. I would also suggest bringing printed copies of everything. 12 of us got across, zero random tests, we all looked up random addresses to use as our quarantine plan. Border guy asked the typical questions, and we all got in, took a grand total of 3 minutes.

Coming back the US Customs asked to see our passports, and the typical questions, asked nothing about Vax cards or random test in Canada.

Deplorables

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Yup, most are full on inbred hillbillie. Jordan Klepper should do his pcr and come up for a vid

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by thecadgod View Post
    ... you need a Passport, Vax Card, Negative PCR test within 72 hours of your crossing, and a quarantine plan. Need to get the Arrive Cann app, schedule your crossing and upload your stuff.
    Can you elavorate on quarantine plan? What does that involve? Do I have to arrange to stay at some hotel nearby the border just in case?
    I'm heading to Whistler in 2 weeks and I just know the condo that I will be staying for the week.

Thank you!! yes , i have question on quarantine plan as well. is that just in case they give you the extra test and you test positive?? can you just say you will leave at that point and head back ?

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Can you elavorate on quarantine plan? What does that involve? Do I have to arrange to stay at some hotel nearby the border just in case?
    I'm heading to Whistler in 2 weeks and I just know the condo that I will be staying for the week.
    You just have to tell the app where you'll stay if you have to quarantine. You can basically put in any address in Canada - it doesn't matter. So you'll just list the condo you're staying at in Whistler. I've used the address of the campground I was staying at and that worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    Thank you!! yes , i have question on quarantine plan as well. is that just in case they give you the extra test and you test positive?? can you just say you will leave at that point and head back ?
    Haven't crossed yet, trip planned for 2/22 - 03/02 but yes to both your questions from what I've read in this thread.

Also, a tip I picked up that limits risk from an old unknown mild infection is to get a pcr 10-11 days before your trip. If you have Covid at that pt you'll likely test positive at entry and be denied but if you test 10 days out and get a positive you can use your 10+ day old positive PCR to document the "old" case and you can get in.

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Download the ArriveCAN app and the whole quarantine plan thing makes sense. Been over the border twice in the past two weeks and it’s super easy. Won the Virtual Test lotto the first time and skipped it this past trip.

Getting back into the states has been smooth. The US border agent looked at our ID’s, asked a few questions and said “Toodles!” And we were waved through.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

For quarantine plan we all looked up random addresses in the area and said "Friends unused house". Dont sweat it, it is super chill. I do suggest bringing your docs hardcopy. Paterson had zero cell signal, the agent couldnt scan QR codes.