Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3042
    JT should channel PT and go October 1970 on ‘em.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    According to Trudeau, 90% of adults in Canada are vaccinated.

Here is something to consider: A number of years ago the government of New Brunswick decided to pass a law mandating compulsory wearing of helmets for all skiers and snowboarders. Then they found out that 90% of skiers and snowboarders were already wearing helmets so they realized a law was not needed. When will the government of Canada realize the country is at a point where mandates and regs need to be pulled back not increased?

We need to learn to live with the virus and Canada's truckers sure started the conversation...worldwide. Kinda surprised me.
    I just took a few minutes to verify your claims. New Brunswick seems to have looked into it and then decided not to proceed because helmet use is so high already butNova Scotia does have a helmet law. They cite the half million a year it costs to care for someone who has had a traumatic brain injury as the reason for the law. Sometimes government does have to protect people from themselves. Covid care costs a shit ton as well and beds are limited in hospitals. When they started to use the passport, people got vaccinated at a faster rate to participate in society and buy booze. Those same people are also now far less likely to have to be cared for in the hospital. 20$ is less than 50k. that was part of 'living with the virus' in the middle of the pandemic. Shit will also change at some point and 'living with the virus' will mean something else.

There is a line somewhere about bodily autonomy and whatever, but I don't see it in either example. It's easy to make fun of the nanny state, but what about the fuckstick state? can these fucksticks wipe their own asses? thankfully it doesn't impact me, but that's the only conversation i see happening about some fucking morons that dress the canadian flag up in a nazi motif. Fuck them.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Huh... well your neighbours are literally terrorizing my neighbours, many of whom have nothing to do with the government and this ridiculous politicization of a pandemic. Like I've said many times; come to Ottawa and protest the government, that's your right and people in Ottawa know that. But, don't come to town and terrorize the broader community. That's just being a dick.

And oh yah... they aren't the people who bring us everything we need. Those people are still out there doing that. Or at least trying to.

#supportrealtruckers
    I have nothing to add, other than to note that your location matches your post count.

We need to learn to live with the virus and Canada's truckers sure started the conversation...worldwide. Kinda surprised me.
    So why can't part of that learning to live with the virus be requiring vaccination? That's the bit I don't understand. Especially when we're talking about international commerce. Governments have always had control over who and what can cross the border and under what requirements. I don't understand how this is any different.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The whole thing is so dumb. Just get the fucking shot.
    That's kind of what it comes down to.

To some extent or another, I get the protests about masks, schools being shut down, random testing at the border, restrictions on restaurants and bars, etc. All of those are inconveniences that have a negative effect on day to day life, and there's a worthwhile debate to be had as to whether those inconveniences are justified by Covid concerns. And, of course, that debate will ebb and flow as restrictions and the virus ramp up or down.

But I can't come up with any coherent reason to not get the shot. There just aren't any downsides to speak of.

At this point I think the primary motivation for many who haven't been vaccinated comes down to "you can't tell me what to do!" It doesn't matter to them whether or not it's the right thing to do for society as a whole.

Trudeau should also tell them they all have to speak French going forward to re enter Canadastan.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Negotiate with those red neck fuck sticks? How bout throw em in fucking jail.
    Protesters in Fairy Creek block a logging road and get thrown in the clink with the odd broken rib and thumb
    Protesters block the Morice FSR up in these parts and have to appear in court after being charged.

A bunch of idiot right wing dipshits block border crossings, force the shut down of car plants and terrorize the residents of Ottawa for weeks and we do fucking nothing??? The only negotiation I'd like to see with those clowns is how much reparation they're going to make from their big go fucking fund me campaign to the various police departments that have been coddling them.
    This. So much of this.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Austria is going to charge the antivaxxed 4k for every 3 months. Itll cover part of their health care costs atleast

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Negotiate with those red neck fuck sticks? How bout throw em in fucking jail.
    Protesters in Fairy Creek block a logging road and get thrown in the clink with the odd broken rib and thumb
    Protesters block the Morice FSR up in these parts and have to appear in court after being charged.

A bunch of idiot right wing dipshits block border crossings, force the shut down of car plants and terrorize the residents of Ottawa for weeks and we do fucking nothing??? The only negotiation I'd like to see with those clowns is how much reparation they're going to make from their big go fucking fund me campaign to the various police departments that have been coddling them.
    Yeah this ^^

And anybody who was part of this I'm really hoping they get their shit fucked with

just like the jan 6 people down south thot they could get away bascily with murder and suddenly the arempted insurrection was not a good idea

love or hate Trudeau he was duly elected and has the mandate to govern

a bunch of redneck scum cdon't get to come in and hold the country hostage
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Wow pretty tough talk, how about you go down to the local coffee shop and make the same speech. See how that works for ya.

These people are your neighbors, the people who bring you everything you need.

They are fighting to get our country back. No more bullshit government heavy handed control.

How about I forward your post to every trucking outfit in northern BC..... I'm sure they would like to know who they are doing business with.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Wait... so if I think I'm being treated unfairly, you're OK with me blocking your ability to live a normal life and do your job until I get what I want? Where do you live... I'll pile a bunch of cars and trucks in front of your house for a couple of weeks until the RCMP arrests people commiting actual crimes.. then I'll leave. Sounds like you're OK with that?

I actually think some of the points these protesters are making have some validity but they are acting like petulant children and taking freedoms from other people while fucking over our economy. Protest as much as you want but this is shit is way past that.

This is not now democracy works. When you are ~ 10% of the population you don't get to just demand what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yeah this ^^

And anybody who was part of this I'm really hoping they get their shit fucked with

just like the jan 6 people down south thot they could get away bascily with murder and suddenly the arempted insurrection was not a good idea

a bunch of redneck scum cdon't get to come in and hold the country hostage
    This.

The thing I'm holding on to is the hope that this becomes Canada's Jan 6th and these fuckers get charged after the fact.

And also let's garnish that go fund me to reimburse workers who can't go to work tight now because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    How this thread got to 105 pages without getting moved to the Padded Room is beyond me. LMAO!
    Trucker talk took a turn for the worse. To the Padded room.

Honk Honk

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    This is not now democracy works. When you are ~ 10% of the population you don't get to just demand what you want.
    No, you do get to demand it. That doesn't mean you're going to get it and/or not be held accountable for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    No, you do get to demand it. That doesn't mean you're going to get it and/or not be held accountable for your actions.
    Ok I'll agree with that.

The 2nd part most importantly.

According to Trudeau, 90% of adults in Canada are vaccinated.

Here is something to consider: A number of years ago the government of New Brunswick decided to pass a law mandating compulsory wearing of helmets for all skiers and snowboarders. Then they found out that 90% of skiers and snowboarders were already wearing helmets so they realized a law was not needed. When will the government of Canada realize the country is at a point where mandates and regs need to be pulled back not increased?

Nicolae Ceaușescu would congratulate Trudeau for being so blind to the heartbeat of his populace. Unfortunately Nicolae isn't around anymore.

nicolae ceausescu?
    Heartbeat of the populace?

If you ever wonder why you aren’t given much respect on here… that ^^^ kind of stupidity is why

If you are still confused, it is glaringly out of proportion to what is actually happening.

Is ceacescu the new hitler reference so you don’t get abused for associating nazism?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    nicolae ceausescu?
    Heartbeat of the populace?

If you ever wonder why you aren’t given much respect on here… that ^^^ kind of stupidity is why

If you are still confused, it is glaringly out of proportion to what is actually happening.

Is ceacescu the new hitler reference so you don’t get abused for associating nazism?
    Keep carrying the water for an out of touch PM who rode daddies coat tails to office. Trudeau doesn't go buy stuff at the grocery store and see the changing prices, nor does he hob knob with actual middle class Canadiens. He's about to lose his base while not realizing it.

Remember that one time they said it was going to be a winter of death, and now they are lifting all restrictions because their poll numbers are bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Nicolae Ceaușescu would congratulate Trudeau for being so blind to the heartbeat of his populace. Unfortunately Nicolae isn't around anymore.
    Hall of fame stupid comment.

Keep carrying the water for an out of touch PM who rode daddies coat tails to office. Trudeau doesn't go buy stuff at the grocery store and see the changing prices, nor does he hob knob with actual middle class Canadiens. He's about to lose his base while not realizing it.

Remember that one time they said it was going to be a winter of death, and now they are lifting all restrictions because their poll numbers are bad?

Doubling down on the stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I'm still waiting for him to govern. He's a public servant and (I suspect) most people agree with the initial grievances - stupid border crossing rules and stupid provincial restrictions (in BC I can host a volleyball tournament but a funeral is forbidden).

Sadly we've become a one party country and that never ends well. Trudeau won't act until the media turns on him.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

that is not the issue here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

for further clarity, since you can't see thru the density of your libertarian, binary, dark-woods worldview, the "heartbeat of the populace" is upset at the "truckers" & the multi-variable antigovernment bs & uncalled for treatment of fellow canadians for the purpose of "protest".

that doesn't ignore that people may still be annoyed at the challenges of figuring out how to move forward in a pandemic; or that, while Trudeau isn't amazing & perfect, it doesn't make the binary opposite true

Yeah, I think the trucker protest is big enough that they need to listen to them, but that doesn't mean you give in to them.