Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3042
    Assuming Dromond meant to say over 14 days rather than hours.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Assuming Dromond meant to say over 14 days rather than hours.
    Yes! Typo

So, where have people had success with the 72-hour test requirement? In the Seattle area and trying to avoid the $150-$300 testing sites prior to a BC visit next week.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

The city of Seattle tests (UW/Solv ones, not the curative ones) have had a pretty consistent 48hr turnaround for me. Got tested this morning for a border crossing on Friday. The curative ones have a 5+ day turnaround

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    So, where have people had success with the 72-hour test requirement? In the Seattle area and trying to avoid the $150-$300 testing sites prior to a BC visit next week.
    Can't speak for other cities but here the local hospital/med school has a drive through testing and vaccination set-up that returns results in 24-48 hours. Much faster than the private testing and it's free if you have health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by the_prof View Post
    The city of Seattle tests (UW/Solv ones, not the curative ones) have had a pretty consistent 48hr turnaround for me. Got tested this morning for a border crossing on Friday. The curative ones have a 5+ day turnaround
    I thought UW was only doing testing for those who suspect they have Covid or have been exposed? Are they back to testing for travel now?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I thought UW was only doing testing for those who suspect they have Covid or have been exposed? Are they back to testing for travel now?
    That’s true you can’t list travel as the reason, but if you have any Covid symptoms ( sore throat, headache, tiredness, stuffy nose, etc etc) you can list that and get a test

Bandit, this is the ones I told you about. Has worked well for me on 2 trips to Canada and one to Hawaii. We got our last batch back in 36hrs.

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Wrapping up a week in BC, all 8 adults got random PCR swabs upon entering.

Booked virtual visits the next morning for the swab.

Golden BC doesn’t have a FedEx drop off or a pharmacy that accepts them so we held on to the completed swabs until Wednesday (4 days later) then dropped them off in Canmore at FedEx when we spent a down day walking around Banff.

No one seemed to care we didn’t turn them in within the 24hr window. In fact that gal on the phone said “turn them in at your earliest convenience” — that happened to be 4 days later.

Last edited by SkiLyft; 01-28-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Yeah I paid like $135 at Carbon Health and got the results in 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    No one seemed to care we didn’t turn them in within the 24hr window. In fact that gal on the phone said “turn them in at your earliest convenience” — that happened to be 4 days later.
    Interesting, I wonder if there will be any blowback about that if you try to cross again. They were pretty clear to me that it had to be done in 24 hours. Maybe they are starting to realize what a joke the whole thing is. Maybe next time I'll throw the test kit in the garbage.

Walgreens drive through got me results in 48 hours. Make an appt online. No charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Yeah I paid like $135 at Carbon Health and got the results in 30 minutes.
    Thanks for providing another option! We ended up going with the UW/City of Seattle testing site in Shoreline. Took the tests at 4:30 pm yesterday and my buddy already got his negative result this morning (about 8 am). I'm still waiting on mine. Fingers crossed!

My dad wants to look at a sailboat that is literally about 50' across the US border. He's having a hell of a time figuring out how to do this with the testing requirements and whatnot. What would be a 1-hour trip, speaking with 1, maybe 2 people outside, now requires an overnight stay and testing rigmarole with added human contacts. All the USA cares about is that you're vaccinated. Canada, get your shit together.

Thanks for providing another option! We ended up going with the UW/City of Seattle testing site in Shoreline. Took the tests at 4:30 pm yesterday and my buddy already got his negative result this morning (about 8 am). I'm still waiting on mine. Fingers crossed!
    Well it’s good to hear that the turnaround time is better, at least. I wasn’t ready to risk a late test result, because we were driving about 7 hours before crossing, needed to be certain we would have the result before departing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Well it’s good to hear that the turnaround time is better, at least. I wasn’t ready to risk a late test result, because we were driving about 7 hours before crossing, needed to be certain we would have the result before departing.
    Just got my negative result. 22.5-hours from test to results...much better than anticipated. Hurray for the Shoreline test center!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Interesting, I wonder if there will be any blowback about that if you try to cross again. They were pretty clear to me that it had to be done in 24 hours. Maybe they are starting to realize what a joke the whole thing is. Maybe next time I'll throw the test kit in the garbage.
    That was my take, they aren’t actually being used for population health. From what I’ve read it’s more to keep tabs on the percentage of people who tested negative with a PCR prior to entry actually convert to being positive later.

All results received today — negative for all 8 adults.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    My dad wants to look at a sailboat that is literally about 50' across the US border. He's having a hell of a time figuring out how to do this with the testing requirements and whatnot. What would be a 1-hour trip, speaking with 1, maybe 2 people outside, now requires an overnight stay and testing rigmarole with added human contacts. All the USA cares about is that you're vaccinated. Canada, get your shit together.
    I hope this is the case soon... it makes so much more sense to just require vaccinations and relevant, recent boosters if needed.

Got randomly selected on the way to revy, pulled over at kamloops to shove some shit up my nose on video and dropped the test off at the staples. Not terrible!

Got randomly selected on the way to revy, pulled over at kamloops to shove some shit up my nose on video and dropped the test off at the staples. Not terrible!

Guessing it wasn't difficult to schedule the test? How late in the day were appointments available to? 5pm?

Yeah they were available every 30 min till 5 when I was looking

What's the general mood in Canada about this stuff these days? Freedom convoy notwithstanding, is the general population still supportive of the testing requirements for entry? Or is the mood shifting towards "let anyone who's vaccinated in without additional constraints?"

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    What's the general mood in Canada about this stuff these days? Freedom convoy notwithstanding, is the general population still supportive of the testing requirements for entry? Or is the mood shifting towards "let anyone who's vaccinated in without additional constraints?"
    been jabbed? do whatever you want IMHO
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    "let anyone who's vaccinated in without additional constraints?"
    That would be nice. What I want to know right now is what are the repercussions of not taking the random test? Do you get blacklisted next time you try to cross? Is anybody really tracking it and giving that info back to the border guards?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That would be nice. What I want to know right now is what are the repercussions of not taking the random test? Do you get blacklisted next time you try to cross? Is anybody really tracking it and giving that info back to the border guards?
    I know lots of folks who have just tossed the test kits - none of them have had any follow up, or had it mentioned on subsequent crossings.

I think since it’s “random tests” they aren’t actually tied to your passport upon entry. When you sign up - and register; you are the one putting the ball in motion for follow up calls/badgering.

I’d likely toss it in the trash next time.

That said — seems most I talked to in Golden were ready for things to get back to “normal” as everyone traveling to Canada are vaccinated.

Staffing at bars and restaurants has been a nightmare as there is no way to predict it. So lots are showing up for work only to be sent home for the night when things were slow — can’t imagine trying to pay rent with that.

Again, I don’t have a pony in the race as I’m south the border but hate seeing damage to these smaller skiing communities. Tried doing my part and tipped 30% the whole trip.